Arcodoro - Houston
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Arcodoro - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcodoro.com/
- Phone: (713) 621-6888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gigncarlo Ferrara
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Arcodoro is happy to bring the flavors of Sardinia to your home or office. They offer a range of catering options from box lunches and drop off of antipasto trays to elaborate chef-prepared meals with full service staffing. Contact their event office to find the Arcodoro solution to your next event.
A word from Arcodoro - Houston
Italian restaurateur Efisio Farris is putting the island of Sardinia on the map as he gains international acclaim for his rustic traditional cuisine. Arcodoro, a Galleria area jewel, sweeps you away to timeless Sardinia as you taste homemade pastas, award winning steaks, and Mediterranean seafood. Specialties include carpaccios, risottos, baked whole fish, wood fired pizzas and Arcodoro's award winning 'Ultimate Ravioli'. Efisio invites you to sip Arcodoro's signature Grapparita among the trendiest people in Houston. Enjoy Arcodoro in the formal dining room, casual grill, al fresco patio or one of three private dining rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arcodoro - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent lunch outside at ArcodoroOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had an excellent lunch outside at Arcodoro. Great pasta, cooked perfectly. Nice outdoor setting. Professional service. All around very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food!Linnie20022000Dined on 10/10/2014Loved the flavor! Would definitely come back for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPuccini2510Dined on 10/8/2014Best carpaccio in Houston hands down. The spaghetti with prawns was excellent. Tutti era meravigliosi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpriced.KGNUK78Dined on 10/7/2014cant write a review with such limited number of characters. My brief review will not fit here and to delete words would render it uninformative.
- Loved dining outside at Arcodoro...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014We loved our lunch outside at Arcodoro. Enjoyable environment. Great seafood and perfect pasta. The staff is well trained and knowledgeable about the food and wine. The clientele is upscale and diverse. The salt crusted Branzino for two is one of the standouts. With the comfortable weather in Houston now, enjoy a meal outside. Otherwise, enjoy the upscale dining room for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- NoisyKathyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went for a quiet dinner and not what we got. At first it was quiet and attentive service. Then several large parties were seated near us and the service went down as the noise level went up. Very loud and couldn't get our waiter's attention to get the bill and get out of there. Won't be going back.
- MorenitaDined on 9/27/2014Food was great, and the staff was friendly and pleasantly amenable. Will def return to this restuarant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedKB120VIPDined on 9/24/2014I went with a group of eight for a business dinner. It's not easy to serve large parties. The waiter was excellent and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeIamavisitorVIPDined on 9/10/2014A good place for all kinds of occasions, specially lunch time meeting. Excellent food. Will go more.Special Features:
- Quite awesome.sweetchic86Dined on 9/1/2014My best friend and I went to this place during the last day of Houston Restaurant Week. It was definitely worth a $35 dinner. The wait staff was wonderful - quite courteous, folds napkins onto your laps, frequent drink refills, hand-shaved Parmesan cheese and hand-ground black pepper, etc. The food was very delicious and the portions were quite ample. Of course, the bread basket was awesome (with lots of different selections and an entire bottle of olive oil was given for us to dip with), and the waitress refilled it when it got low. The tiramisu is amazing! Be sure to check it out!Special Features:
- DukeV43Dined on 8/27/2014Great Italian food prepared and served with pride and style ..... by Italians. Rarely the case except of a few restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance is in the air!!new2HoustonDined on 8/24/2014Food was great, wine list was wonderful & romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkMissMarVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food was ok. Veal ravioli with pesto was much better than salmon filet. Took a small bite of custard, but it is more like flan. There are better finds for Italian. I'd rather go to La Vista and byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!SeaBlumeDined on 8/15/2014Very friendly staff served beautifully prepared and very tasty dinner. Staff was attentive but not invasive for our date night. The appetizer of olives and risotto balls with parmesan sauce were so outstanding we could have made a meal of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average foodrunHoustonDined on 8/12/2014The service was great! But the food was just average, we went for restaurant week and got three different dishes everyone was just eh about the food. They did have a good wine list and the service was phenomenal
- Excellentlelahia714Dined on 8/10/2014Great staff, excellent service, quiet and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Delicious food from Sardinia , Italy. Very different as the other Italian restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arcodoro 8/1/2014zrx338Dined on 8/1/2014We had a party of ten and most of them ordered from the Houston Restaurant Week Menu. All of the pastas were tough and were definitely Costco or Sam's quality frozen food. Sauces on pasta were average at best. A restaurant with pricing as high as Arcodoro should be serving handmade fresh spectacular dishes. The only saving grace to this meal was the fact that I did eat the 35.00 HRW menu and not something even more expensive. Wine markup is ridiculous at this place. Temperature in the dining area was near 80 degrees. Not one person in our party was pleased with the meal. Never again at Arcodoro!
- The following 532 reviews are from the Arcodoro - Houston reviews archive.
- Risotto del MarLIZZYVIPDined on 7/28/2014I really enjoyed the risotto del mar. The taste of the food was excellent. I also felt that the portion was just right. My guest ordered the same thing. We were all very pleased with our selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable!CulinaryDesignerVIPDined on 7/23/2014The staff was so friendly and made us feel at home on our first visit to this restaurant. You could tell they enjoyed their jobs. We dined at the bar late night and the service was impeccable! Food was fresh and flavors were outstanding. We will definitely be back to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Day Out Brunch!AOGilbertDined on 7/20/2014This was my mother's first time. I wanted to take her to a wonderful restaurant for brunch and immediately thought of Arcodoro. We had no wait time due to reservation. Service was extraordinary and the food was exquisite as I have become accustomed to. I will definitely return as well as recommend this restaurant to any friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptioal service and atmosphereneotheoneVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great service and wine list, very good Italian cuisine moderately pricey, but good value and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Traditional ItalianJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 7/3/2014Arcodorra is great for traditional Italian dishes. This is not your usual spaghetti place, but they make an excellent gnocchetti with wild boar tomato gravy. The service was wonderful and the wine was great as well. I am not necessarily a big fan of the atmosphere, as it feels choppy and they never seem too busy but the rest more than makes up for the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is room to improveSergeDined on 6/26/2014I've come to Arcodoro for many years. I am missing the woao factor...service is excellent, we just need one of those dishes that really knock you out of your shoes...we will get thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dingsterVIPDined on 6/17/2014Went with a friend for lunch. Ordered the mushroom and cous cous soup, which was very tasty. Also had the half free range chicken--huge portion! and seafood (shrimp, fish, squid, octopus). Enjoyed the food; service was good.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We came for Father's Day dinner. Food and drinks were great. Our server, Gabriel, was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 6/15/2014Food is consistently good and authentic Italian.Diverse menu and great wine list.Lovely ambience and great service. Nice outdoor seating area.Special Features:
- OK, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014It's ok for lunch or dinner but not awesome, service very kind and willing to help. Food it's good but few options, Italian place without pizzas in the menu?Special Features:
- Sloooow serviceluvs2eatoutVIPDined on 6/3/2014Have been here many times before but I think they were very understaffed having 2 private events going on as well. Unusually slow service. Watched as two people seated a bit later than us actually walked out because no one came to take their order. Not a good sign.
- Not as expectedLuvsGreatFoodDined on 6/3/2014From other reviews on Arcodoro, I expected much better food. Overall we were disappointed. Not only was the taste very average, the portion sizes were small, especially the sides. My sides were cauliflower puree, of which I received perhaps 2 tablespoons, and two small stalks of broccoli and perhaps, in total, half of a carrot. For the prices charged, we should have at least received more substantial portions on the sides. Additionally, the service was sporadic and not what it should have been for a fine restaurant. Unfortunately, we probably won't go back.
- REMBAMREMBAMDined on 5/31/2014Arcadoro is always outstanding and again they hit the mark. Outstanding seafood salad..!!!Special Features:
- ArcodoroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Have eaten here several times and none of the group have ever been disappointed. They do a great Branzini.Special Features:
- The Doro Bar..a pleasant surpriseTravelingHomeCookVIPDined on 5/7/2014The Doro Bar worked out well as a last minute lication for midweek afterwork birthday cocktails. The pizzas with prosciutto were a hit with everyone. The service was random. It took a solid 15 minutes just to get menus and we had to request service from another waiter and busing staff for drinks and table service. It was an extremely odd service. The 20% tip was NOT deserved. I would have rather given it to the other staff that actually served us. Otherwise the food and wine good. The dining experience in Arcodoro is MUCH better. Next time will skip the bar and recommend the restaurant for our guest events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch better than dinnerDeDinerVIPDined on 5/5/2014Food is excellent as always, but at dinner the main dining room is too dark and unwelcoming. Either the drapery is too heavy or the lights are too dim.Special Features:
- Great FoodJohnVIPDined on 5/2/2014Arcodoro's offers a great menu and is very customer oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quick BitepkwhouVIPDined on 5/1/2014I had to switch my lunch reservation to a quick bite in the bar, but the bartender was extremely helpful and gave us very quick service. The food was wonderful. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Late nite diningFoodaDined on 4/24/2014Went there with a few ppl for late night dining. One of the very few classy restaurants open late night. The food was very good, hot and quick. Service was wonderful. A definite recommendation!!Special Features:
- My Last Meal on EarthDrEdDined on 4/20/2014If I was given a choice of a last meal before I die, it would be the branzino (Italian Sea Bass) at Arcodoro.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, service, ambiencejazzgirlDined on 4/16/2014I love this restaurant. It's beautiful, the service is excellent, the food is prepared and served beautifully, and the flavors and textures are perfect. We had the salmon (10 out of 10), ravioli (yum) and have tried steak and fish special before. All were excellent. We sat in the new covered patio, which is lovely and quiet. Some people were talking about how wonderful the pizza is from the TRUE woodfired oven...we will have to try that next time. I highly recommend this restauratnt, for couples or groups, for business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power DinnertxtigerDined on 4/15/2014Took a special client our for an "award" dinner, group of 4. Everyone enjoyed the experience! Beverages, vino, and entree's were good, nice presentations. The server took good care of us.Special Features: