333 Adams St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brooklynmarriott.com/
- Phone: 7182226543
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 11:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am – 11:30am; Lunch: 11:30am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm –10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: J. Ben Cottrell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Archives Restaurant can accommodate parties of 7 or more people. We feature a private dining room "THE COURT ROOM", minimum 20 people max 40.
- Private Party Contact: Gary 7182226504
A word from Archives Restaurant
Archives Restaurant offers American Continental Cuisine with several local ethnic selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Archives Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Enjoyable BreakfastSquare10Dined on 9/27/2014I stopped at Archives for breakfast on the weekend. I was surprised by the full breakfast buffet on Saturday. All food was well prepared, fresh and tastey. Pancakes were surprisingly good, light and fluffy. A myriad of omelette ingredients, prepared fresh to order by a skilled chef. The restaurant was very appealing with attentive wait staff. It was not particularly busy while I was there and I think there would be slower service at the chef's station when there are more people. Patience is probably on tap on the busier mornings. Overall a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Came here with a small group for a business lunch. Good food and good venue. Garage parking available in the building. A definite plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Archives Restaurant reviews archive.
- Archives Great Meeting Placeshesting1dinesDined on 5/17/2014This Restaurant is a great find from am dining to pm dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLmcms19VIPDined on 5/11/2014Way over priced and the food is less than adequate. You get what you pay for, which in this case, is the proximity to Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge, and not the food.
- Business LunchWednesdayDined on 1/15/2014Excellent location, menu, and ambience for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed that thecoolcarmenDined on 7/19/2013I was disappointed that the restaurant eliminated the lunch buffet. It would draw in a larger lunch time crowd if you brought back the daily lunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but was expectingDonnaDined on 5/19/2013Food was good, but was expecting much more for a $26 breakfast buffett.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Hi I just had the mother's day buffet at the archives restaurant in the brooklyn marriott hotel which was ok to say the least. First i had reservations done at http://opentable.com which was convenient and saved me the hassle of calling in a reservation the buffet was $59.95 per person kids under 3 were free. The buffet menu was boring I thought for the price per person the selections would of been a little more inviting it was not. Since I had my daughter with me the selection of food for kids was non existent. Nonetheless the dessert area was hearty with many selections. The bill was well over 200 dollars because of the mandatory tip attached (26 dollars). I will not advise any one for this buffet it's not worth the money.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013Brought my Mother to Archives Restaurant for their special Mother's Day Brunch. They gave out flowers( pink carnations) to all the mothers/ women in the restaurant...that was nice touch. The food was buffet style with much variety...so much that you had to go back to the buffet a couple of times to taste all the offerings.Special Features:
- We didn't realize that theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2012We didn't realize that the brunch on Christmas Day was ending early and only had about 10 minutes for the buffet but they kept the buffet open longer which was so incredibly nice. The staff was great.
- Disappointed in BrooklynKwilliaDined on 9/9/2012I was upset and disappointed when my party arrived at the Archives.. This was even after confirming the reservation by phone the evening before. They advertise Brunch service from 12-3 on their website, but when we got there, we were told we only had until 1:00 to enjoy the buffet, as there was no longer any Brunch service, and they had not had one for at least 5 years. At this time it was already about 12:45 by the time everyone arrived in our party of 12. Needless to say, we chose not to stay and wolf down our food in the allotted time. We opted to move our party elsewhere and ended up having, what we thought, was a better time than we would have had at the Archives anyway. They lost customers that day!Special Features:
- Great service, extremely quiet,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Great service, extremely quiet, but what should be said is that it is a restaurant in a Mariott. Booked thru opentable and wondered why I could not book a brunch at 1pm- because it stops serving! Should have done my homework. The chef who mad eggs for us was fantastic though, great food for breakfast.
- Archives always delivers.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2012Archives always delivers. It's a great place to meet clients for lunch or for a drink. The food is fantastic and so is the service. The ambiance is classy yet not pretentious.Special Features:
- The Archives made a very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012The Archives made a very special occasion my son's graduation from college much more special. All of the wonderful staff were attentive and pleasant.I am so glad that I decided to have my son's celebratory luncheon at the Archives.Special Features:
- Top-Notch Food and Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Top-Notch Food and Service. Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch with great handicap access.Special Features:
- Pleasant-enough setting forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012Pleasant-enough setting for a hotel restaurant. Unfortunately food is not good, service fair; overall disappointing luncheon experience.
- Sorry no more Christmas LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2011Unfortunately they did not have the usual open buffet. We go every year for Christmas lunch but this time we had to order from the menu which was very expensive. The selection wasn't great. I ordered a simple salad that wasn't good at all, was very disappointed. The dessert was very good though.Special Features:
- Over priced for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/6/2011Over priced for breakfast but one of the few places open early in the area.Special Features:
- Amazing service. My guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2011Amazing service. My guests and I were very pleased in our decision to return to this restaurant. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Father's Day at Downtown MarriottOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011The elegance of entering the Mariott to dine in was worth more than the actual food. The waiter emphasized getting the buffet which was over rated in my opinion. Breakfast consisted of simple diner style items like items such as pancakes, bagels etc. The presentation was beautiful but the food was beneath the presentation. For Father's Day they had no special items on the menu, nor did they have a prefix selection. My husband ordered a steak meal which came in a very small portion that he enjoyed and then had to order a buffet to complement his selection.Special Features:
- The restaurant was beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011The restaurant was beautiful and clean. The server suggested the breakfast buffet which was not great and very small. The overall service of the staff was not friendly at all.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch - BrooklynMarrOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Mother's Day Brunch was lovely. Delicious Food, attentative servers & very lovely atmosphere. I will definitely return for their brunch.Special Features:
- There should have been moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2010There should have been more hot food items to choose from the buffet. Last year there was a carving station but not this year. Dessert and salad bar was very nice.Special Features:
- No better place in downtownAlderVIPDined on 10/29/2010No better place in downtown Brooklyn for a quiet business conversation with one guest or 7 guests. If 7 ask for the round table in the closed section. Archives consistently accommodates special requests with good cheer.Special Features:
- Construction aside, the serviceMissmillieDined on 6/11/2010Construction aside, the service was inconsistent, with hot meals coming before salads and members of party being served at different times.
- Archives offers a very relaxedMandatoryReviewerNicknameDined on 6/8/2010Archives offers a very relaxed atmosphere to have a tasty casual meal.Special Features:
- The food was expensive andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2010The food was expensive and OK a step up from the diner. The Cob Salad was really good but the Caeser Salad had prefab parmesan cheese. The service was slow and there were only 4 tables being served at the time we went though there seemed to be lots of wait staff. All and all an experience more felt by a fat American Express bill rather than a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The service including theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010The service including the food handlers, were very accomodiating and friendly.Special Features:
- Overpriced and nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2010Overpriced and nothing special. There used to be a great buffet but they only serve itnow when there's more than 30 people making reservations. A big disappointment.
- The waiters were very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2009The waiters were very attentive and the chef came to chat with us at our table which was very nice. The desserts were very cute and tasty. Overall the staff that service you was very friendly.Special Features:
- We went here for ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/26/2009We went here for Thanksgiving dinner because we were in Brooklyn and I saw it listed on a "Top Ten Places to go for Thanksgiving." We were unimpressed. The service was minimal, because it was a buffet, I suppose. Two of us are vegetarians and there was very little in the entree line for us. We ate mashed potatoes, corn stuffing and mixed vegetables. By 3pm the dessert table was quite messy and not visually appealing. Wouldn't go there again.Special Features:
- We were told they had greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2009We were told they had great brunch only to show up at 12:30 and find out they haven't served brunch in 3 years and breakfast was going to be over at 1PM! Very disappointing. They accomadated us none the less and they food was very good. The food was a bit over priced and I would have been just as happy at IHOP.
- We were here for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2009We were here for breakfast. It was a clean place and convenient since we were staying at the Marriott. The food was good but nothing exceptional. But again, it was breakfast, you can only get so fancy. The service on the other hand was exceptional! The waiter was attentive, polite, and had a sense of humor.Special Features:
- I dined there for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2009I dined there for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet. They make waffles and eggs to order, which I loved. The other breakfast offerings were noticably fresh. This will be my spot whenever I am in Brooklyn!Special Features:
- Although the restaurant wasMacsDined on 5/10/2009Although the restaurant was not terribly crowded for Mother's Day breakfast they seemed totally unprepared. Because the breakfast buffet had not ready made scrambled eggs (not even part of the fare) anyone who wanted eggs, an omelet or a waffle had to stand in a long line. For most of the time the omelet/egg/waffle station was staffed with only one cook. The wait was just ridiculous and certainly resulted in diners not wanted to go back for seconds or a different item. The wait staff for table service was also inattentive - seemed they were more concerned about getting ready for the brunch starting two hours later than serving the guests that were there for breakfast.
- I always like Archives evenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2009I always like Archives even though it's a hotel restaurant. I am very disappointed that they've eliminated lunch in the dining room and moved it to the bar.Special Features:
- I love the Archives. But theytrevise2kDined on 9/23/2008I love the Archives. But they change their menu often so try not to fall too much in love with any of their entrees.Special Features:
- It was one of the worst diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008It was one of the worst dining experiences we ever had. The service was poor, we waited a very long time for our food to arrive, had to ask for bread plates and beg for the check. Our waiter's explanation was that he was busy in the bar making drinks. For the first time in over 20 years, we left no tip. We would never eat there again, and would advise others against it. My husband is a Marriott Rewards member -- we stay in Marriots all the time, and usually the restaurants are a credit to the chain. This one is a disgrace.
- I find Archives to be a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2008I find Archives to be a better than average restaurant for a hotel. It's comfortable and quiet. I go there fairly often, because I live in NYC and a friend works at the Brooklyn DAs office which is basically in the same building as the Brooklyn Marriott that houses Archives. It's convenient for us both and always a pleasant lunch for us.
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008The food was good but the staff was exceptional! Very kind, nice efficient. My 10 month son was a very welcome customer! thank youSpecial Features: