31 Trinity St
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.archeo.ca/
- Phone: 4168159898x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner 7 days a week from 4pm to 9pm
Lunch: Monday to Saturday from 12pm to 4pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet 11:30am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Eric Pless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a complete Events team for all your party needs.
A word from Archeo
Archeo is a contemporary pizza and pasta house located in the Distillery's old carpentry shop. The atmosphere is intimate and the design is beautiful, featuring 150-year-old wood from the distillery in all of the tables and bars. Archeo's cozy patio is one of the best get-away spots in the city. Archeo can accommodate seated events for 100 people, and receptions for up to 200 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Archeo reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (20)romantic (17)special occasion (15)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the food was good. The service was poor as one person at our table ordered salmon and schnitzel was brought out while the other 4 people had their main course. The server even forgot what the person had ordered and didi notimmediatley offer a salad to hold over until the main was rectified. On top of that, we were charged for the stand-in salad and main course. This was a business dinner with our customer from Europe. Not a good show.
- A Gem in The DistilleryUrbanDinerDined on 8/7/2014We were pleasantly surprised by Archeo. The décor is rustic with contemporary touches. Service was excellent. Prices were reasonable. The fare was quite good, especially the Bacala Fritters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Draft beer had a terrible taste - had to send it back twice. Patio was not set up at all (no cushions on the chairs, looked like it was closed!) Wine was expensive and mediocre... Overall atmophere was not terribly welcoming Would not go back
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014The staff was pleasant and friendly but for Monday it was very... slow. Also a few of requests ie. no cheese were not applied to our meals. Food was good. Overall OK experience.
- FAB ...PenelopeDined on 7/20/2014Due to an upcoming SPECIAL occasion, I wanted to take my Family, for the Sunday Brunch ! We perused many Toronto restaurants and enjoyed the fact that we could 'reserve' thru ... opentable.com !Special Features:
- No Summerlicious lunch on SundayJaniceDined on 7/20/2014We called the restaurant few times but it always goes to the answer machine. They should have posted in their website that there is no summerlicious lunch on Sunday. We were there and may as well try out the brunch. The brunch is very good.Special Features:
- ilikepizzaDined on 7/17/2014-attentive wait staff -good food (i had the grilled calamari, primavera pizza and apple pie). The pizza crust could have been more fresh, I am not sure if it was made in house or not. -Could use a better seating set up indoors and out. -Nice bar, but no night life on a ThursdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicePickyPaulaDined on 7/17/2014The decor and architecture are beautiful, very industrial, keeping with the feel of the Distillery District. Archeo has a great patio as well and the food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!Tux63Dined on 7/16/2014Looked forward to a summerlicious meal in the Distillery District. Greeted by a somewhat indifferent hostess. Ate on the patio. Wait staff was okay. Halfway through my salad I discovered several spoiled lettuce leaves. Brought it to the attention of the waiter who said he would talk to the chef. Next course was the schnitzel. Dry and flavourless. Not enough mustard or homemade mayo. Fries were enjoyed more by the sparrows. Fellow diner enjoyed the pasta. Dessert was better than the first two courses but didn't come close to overcoming negative experience. Waiter did not charge for my meal but I would not return.
- SummerliciousscoobyyumDined on 7/15/2014I experienced for the 1st time Archeo for a brunch during summerlicious and very much enjoyed my selections. I would recommend the patio on a beautiful day to anyone and the server was gracious and attentive. I would definitively go again. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatFriendsAtLunchDined on 7/15/2014Location, restaurant layout/décor, service staff...I think our server was Kerry, were all perfect. The kitchen unfortunately fell nearly flat on its face. The salad was quite good, but that is where the good part ended. Main course pasta/smoked chicken, better once reheated (it had arrived lukewarm). (No excuse -- Archeo wasn't 1/3 full). Cappuccino arrived barely body temperature with completely flat foam -- replaced by a perfect one prepared by the server herself. Dessert? A pear tart thing, too cold straight from the fridge, now past its prime with crust getting soggy. The server struggled to make up for the kitchen's failings - caliber of her service was far above that of the kitchen she represented.
- Summerlicious TipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I enjoyed my meal at Archeo. However, for the summerlicious event I feel that the dessert could have been better. Especially in the case where my friend had an allergy to peanuts and he was not accommodated. overall my experience was great and out server was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice summerlicious findPookysaurusDined on 7/14/2014For an initial taste of this restaurant, it was pleasant. Food was tasty and the setting is great. Was a nice summer evening meal. Even though they don't really make note of dietary restrictions, the tried to accommodate my gluten free needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itDanbiDined on 7/14/2014I went for summerlicious lunch special with my mother who craves for Italian food. We had so much fun with the food which salad, mussels, chicken panne, Margherita pizza, porched peach tart and tiramisu. I think if you like have some light Italian food, you should check this place out. Thank you for your great service and food.Special Features:
- Veal in sandwich was burnt.BeachDined on 7/14/2014Dessert ordered had run out. Other server in outside area was rude.Special Features:
- Great Food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Went for lunch during summerlicous. Had a great lunch at a great price. Then went shopping in the distillery district . Good weatherSpecial Features:
- Girl's ReunionLolaDined on 7/13/2014Had dinner on Sunday night with two "old" friends and we loved it! Food was amazing (Summerlicious menu), atmosphere charming and staff very professional and friendly. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseTantDined on 7/13/2014We made a reservation for 4 on Sunday and expected to enjoy the Summerlicious menu; however, this is not on offer Sunday's as it's a buffet brunch. The disappointment didn't last long. Brunch was lovely with just the right amount of food so as not to be overwhelming--lots of options without going overboard. I also really appreciate the the buffet portions don't look as though they're in a trough. Are the croissant from Paris?! Amazing! Lovely staff, easy to bring a stroller, incredible price and value. Will absolutely recommend to friends and come back!Special Features:
- Great food, setting, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014We went there for Summerlicious with me having the salad,pasta, apple pie and my wife having the calamari, salmon, and tiramisu. Both were very nice portions and we loved it. Penne was with a nice spicy sausage and salmon was moist. Prepared very well, and the desserts were a nice surprise as the pie was a crumble and the tiramisu was done in a chocolate shell. Service was excellent, really nice server. Love the setting at the Distillery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!everikaDined on 7/10/2014Overall experience was very good, Summerlicious value was excellent. Server could have been more attentive. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining at ArcheokelligirlintorontoDined on 7/9/2014What an absolute pleasure to have been led to the outdoor, backyard patio at Archeo. The lighting, the flowers, the brick walls each contributed to our fabulous dining experience. Groups of two, four and families with children shared the outdoor space, each enjoying his/her own personal experience. The kids loved the cobblestone yard and no one was concerned by their joyful play. Each course was more yummy than the last...the grilled calamari app and the salmon (main) were both exceptional. The apple pie was beyond exquisite. The pastry melted in my mouth...beyond delish. Having a "crush" on our server certainly made the dining experience even more fun.. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We have only been for lunch. The menu is small and I have food sensitivities, but you have always been able to accomadate me.( gluten and dairy) It is nice to have lunch before we head to the theatre. We live in Oakville, so like to come in early before the play. Never know what the traffic is like. If you had sun umbrellas for your patio, we would have sat outside. I liked the photographs on the wall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingIskabibalDined on 6/21/2014They did not mention that they had a wedding that afternoon when I spoke to them in the morning, so when I got there they had to transfer me and my ladies lunch to another Resturant. Good place but our group was angry and didn't show. I have to thank the managers for been so great in finding us a nice place but it was too little to late.
- dirtyTedNVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were there on Sunday June 15 for brunch. I you are a fan of dirty cutlery, plates and glasses then this is the place for you. If you think that the food should be served on clean plates then go somewhere else. When you found the clean dishes then you could select some eggs that were grey in colour and some cold bacon. The desrets were watery and quite tasteless. Overall the brunch was bad.
- food was goodgojaysgoDined on 6/2/2014All our dishes were cooked well. We started with Caesar salads which were good. Our group had the lamb shank, organic salmon and a pasta dish. The lamb shank was very tender, however It lacked a little flavour. The Salmon was excellent as was the pasta dish. For Dessert we tried the warm apple dish and a creme brulé. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wmgoDined on 5/22/2014excellent food and fabulous service, as always. really enjoyed the Blackberry MohitoSpecial Features:
- Medium....GourmetVIPDined on 5/12/2014Not a superb place for lunch but pretty cool décor and vibrant music. Food pretty basic...Special Features:
- Experience was fine but not greatMauligirlVIPDined on 5/8/2014As a pre-theatre dinner, they were fast and the service was good. My expectations were that there would be several pizza and pasta options. There was only 1 pasta on the menu and 1 special. There were several pizza options. My husband went with one of the pizzas but the crust was soggy and seemed like it was a frozen crust but the toppings were very flavourful. I opted for one of the pastas (the one on the menu) and it was fine but nothing I would recommend to anyone. They had several wines by the glass and it was a very generous size - good value. As a fast and filling pre-theatre option it was fine but I would never go there specifically, just for dinner.
- Great!!! I loved it.theagameDined on 5/5/2014Everything about it was marvelous. Mind you I went on a Monday when it was quiet and we were the only ones really in there. But our server was knowledgeable and the food came in a timely manner. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceYummmyDined on 5/5/2014Most places that are considered to be fine dining have very high prices with very small portions. Everything was perfect at Archeo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 272 reviews are from the Archeo reviews archive.
- Great Family Gathering Place!DvallxDined on 4/29/2014"Industrial Archeology" themed resto with fascinating decor - great quiet table, service and quality food to focus the conversation on stories and family good times! Sensitive to the needs of the theatre crowd.Special Features:
- Food was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014We all ordered the pumpkin flatbread - sounded great but the dough was super dry and they came out pretty cold. The octopus appetizer was pretty good, but small for the price The salmon main was also good, but expensive for the portion.
- Another great Easter brunch!Partyof6Dined on 4/20/2014The service was amazing! We didn't feel rushed at all. Our waitress forgot to bring our bill when we asked for it, but she wasn't even suppose to be our waitress bc we weren't in here area (even though she helped us the whole time we were there). Omelette station - wayyyy to much salt. I thought it was just mine but all omelettes in my party were over salted. The rest of the food was amazing though! And we loved the added option of cheaper champagne bottles! Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchjolau711Dined on 4/20/2014Great location and service. Was a brunch with plenty to choose from but the food could have been hotter. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchFoodie29Dined on 4/20/2014CAnt comment on the regular menu - but wish we had had it. Easter brunch was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food at reasonable pricesPedroVIPDined on 4/16/2014We really enjoyed our first visit to Archeo's. The setting is really cool and the food was high quality at good value. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- OK brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Not a big variety.No tags on dishes. Needed to remind servers to refill dishes. Food tastes good. Has lots of space to move around especially for kids.Best part is that it's located in distillery district.
- Great findJustNadineDined on 4/10/2014we had originally made reservations at Tappo which is down the street but they couldn't seem to find our reservation when we showed up. We quickly regrouped on Opentable and from Archeo to regain our date night. The space was great, amazing jazz music playing. The server was so nice and pleasant it added to our experience. we had the pasta special and a pizza which was amazing. We are going to make this our local in the distillery district for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distillery District Gem!DvallxDined on 4/4/2014Family & Friends gathering before Theatre - service responsive! Food satisfying!Special Features:
- Sunday Buffet Brunch at ArcheoBrunchDined on 3/30/2014We enjoy Sunday Buffet Brunches and have had a hard time finding a nice one in Toronto. Archeo's Brunch was very enjoyable and we would definitely recommend it. Popcorn on the dessert table was a fun surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.