31 Trinity St
Toronto, ON M5A 3C4Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.archeo.ca/
- Phone: (416) 815-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner 7 days a week from 4pm to 9pm
Lunch: Monday to Saturday from 12pm to 4pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet 11:30am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Eric Pless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a complete Events team for all your party needs.
A word from Archeo
Archeo is a contemporary pizza and pasta house located in the Distillery's old carpentry shop. The atmosphere is intimate and the design is beautiful, featuring 150-year-old wood from the distillery in all of the tables and bars. Archeo's cozy patio is one of the best get-away spots in the city. Archeo can accommodate seated events for 100 people, and receptions for up to 200 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Archeo reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Archeo, where premium is a regular wordDuncDined on 11/16/2014What can I say about Archeo. So a few thoughts about the food. It's simply excellent. Pairings of quality ingredients and presented in a delicious manner after all, smelling and tasting food is important but having an appetizing looking meal can set the mood. Although I love Archeo's food, I adore their service. Never have I ever gone to a place where thoughtfulness is put ahead of the everything else. I'm just an average person but, when at Archeo, I feel like royalty. I feel as if my table is the only table in the restaurant with VIPs sitting at it. I literally can turn my brain off when I come in there for any special occasion as the menu is well set and the staff is perfectly tuned to your needs. For example, I recently took my mother for her 65th birthday celebration. We did not tell them it was a celebration when we made the reservation. Once there, our wait staff was friendly and asked us almost right off the bat how we were and what we were there for. We did mention it was a birthday but nothing to whom or what kind of milestone birthday it was. After a few minutes, our wait staff cam back for our drink order and also mention she wanted to get us a free dessert for our birthday person. She left us with a menu and offered us a choice of two or three desserts to combine. We did and needless to say, it was perfectly done. This is A+ service What made it a real kicker was that our wait staff brought the dessert cake to our table at EXACTLY the right time without being asked. She was actually paying attention to our table and how far along the meal we all were. Seriously, in a busy restaurant, who does that other than Archeo staff and we weren't the only large table in the house. Archeo has great food but I say it's got outstanding service. If I could, I would eat there everyday to get the opulent service and food. Well done Archeo, well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business lunches!PhilippeKVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food was great! We both had pizzas and they were perfect! Thin crust and freshman ingredients! Service was non intrusive and prompt. I highly recommend this spot for those that conduct business at lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticTutuDined on 10/30/2014Looks very different in gallery pictures. I took my boyfriend for his 27th birthday and it was not too romantic. I asked in reservation comment box to give us a table with a nice view but they gave us the most corner table next to a wall. If you are going there order chicken breast and not the paninis. It's good for an occasional group hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ingredients in every biteTORockDogDined on 10/25/2014Bruschetta was tasty, had my share without the ricotta (vegan), the grilled tomatoes were flavourful, strands of caramelized onions and drizzled balsamic reduction melded really well. Had the grilled veggie sandwich & soup; sandwich was a bit sweet for my mouth, more balsamic on the veggie I think. Veg soup w/orzo was good, best tomato based soup I think I've ever had. Was still feeling a bit peckish so ordered a side of fries, best fries I've had in a long time although just a shade salty. I think they normally come tossed with some really fine shaved parmesan (which I skipped) but they were still tasty, crispy outside and almost melt in your mouth sweet & tender inside. Service was attentive and friendly. Would def go again =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOccasionallyFancyDined on 10/21/2014We had gone before watching Cirque Du Soleil and before we could even mention it, our server (Kerry) asked if we were watching the show and if we had time restraints before ordering. The menu list had a good selection, as well as the wine list. Our food arrived fairly quickly which helped us get to our show 30 minutes earlier than expected. We ordered the roasted chicken, and salmon as our main and both were on point! We also had deep fried prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupe, which was the feature that night, as a shared starter, and it didn't disappoint. We also had fried octopus to share and that didn't let us down either. Finished the dinner off with tiramisu-creme brûlée. All this accompanied with a bottle of their house red wine. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Italian!ngkevin4VIPDined on 10/9/2014We ordered the cod fritters, sweet pea & lobster risotto, and the linguine carbonara. If you're looking to be filled up, look somewhere else. What you're getting here is some excellent Italian food. Yes, my friend and I both agreed the fritters were a little bit overpriced ($10 for 3 pieces), and the carbonara portion size could've been slightly larger. The budino (a chocolate mousse) was divine! For sure you will not wrong with this dessert. Overall, the flavours and consistency across all dishes were great!Special Features:
- bwoconrDined on 10/8/2014Service was slow ordered soup very sparse serving. pasta was good. Service very slow staff appear distracted.Special Features:
- Not good :(WenGabDined on 10/6/2014The food was overcooked but cold. The service, with patrons at only one other table was slow and awkward. With so any other decent/good restaurants in the distillery district, don't waste your time and $$$$.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately there was a problem/mix-up with one of the orders and they restaurant comped one meal. I had made arrangements for billing to a corporate credit card a head of time in which Archeo said was approved, however, this did not happen and Mr. Mohan had to use his peronsal card. I am still waiting to hear back from one of the Managers in which I have left serveral messages.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2014Two of us had the thin crust pizza which was delicious while the other two had the pasta carbonara and the flatbread. Great food and service and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Yum food, but long wait for it.FoodoholicDined on 9/15/2014Over an hour wait for our meal, not certain why. Our poor waitress was covering all tables that night. Despite a backed up kitchen and no help, she remained calm, cheerful, & was extremely apologetic for the delay. She even took.some items off our bill. If we weren't going to a concert at Sound Academy, we would have left, but with limited time we opted to stay. The food was worth the wait. It was delicious. We would give it another try because food & waitress' service. Sometimes life throws unexpected curve balls & maybe it was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itlove2eatitalianDined on 9/15/2014Food choices are very limited. Portion size is very small - especially for the price. Ordered lobster and green pea risotto - couldnt find the lobster. Asked waitress and she responded that the sauce was made with the liquid from the lobster...seriously? Had to ask for a spoon for my soup. Had to ask for black pepper and parmesan for pasta dishes. Very poor. Will not return.
- best in DistilleryNinLeslievilleDined on 9/11/2014Great choices on the menu, everything was good, service terrific. My ony complaint was the noise level overall - too loud, nothing to absorb sound. We were a group of six, everyone loved it. Something for everyone, light, or large meal, top notch entree or a panini and salad. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Our service was exceptional - our server was mindful of our timeline (we had theatre tickets) and very responsive to our needs without hovering over us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed the restaurant The atmosphere and decor were great The good choices were passable only We ordered the puzza which would have been great if they cooked it for the proper time it was underdone and like warm The octopus appetizer however was famtastic I would try it at least one more time for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was ok, a bit overpriced. It was early dinner for us so it wasn't too busy but the service was still slow. We had reservations for 6pm and I mentioned to the hostess that we had a cirque show at 8pm. I guess she hasn't passed the information along to our server so we didn't have much time left to eat by the time food came out.
- Best and worst of timesBmanVIPDined on 9/9/2014I really struggle with this review. We've been to Archeo before and liked it well enough to go back, but this night was a disaster. I would say the restaurant was about one-third full, and they had 2 waiters and a hostess working. The evening started ok, and then the wheels fell off the bus. Our dishes were very good and the portions generous, and our server was friendly and welcoming. But EVERY table received service that was so slow they left angry. Most diners were heading to a play at Soulpepper (which is a 2 min walk) and many left without getting their meals. Maybe they were understaffed, but two of the three workers moved like they were underwater. We finished our mains at 7:00 PM, and left at 7:35 with dirty dishes on our table.
- Great fun and foodLLoydslistDined on 8/31/2014Archeo is just a very good all around experience. The food is always good, great value, excellent and friendly service and all in the heart of the distillery district. What else could you ask for?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014the food was good. The service was poor as one person at our table ordered salmon and schnitzel was brought out while the other 4 people had their main course. The server even forgot what the person had ordered and didi notimmediatley offer a salad to hold over until the main was rectified. On top of that, we were charged for the stand-in salad and main course. This was a business dinner with our customer from Europe. Not a good show.
- A Gem in The DistilleryUrbanDinerDined on 8/7/2014We were pleasantly surprised by Archeo. The décor is rustic with contemporary touches. Service was excellent. Prices were reasonable. The fare was quite good, especially the Bacala Fritters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Draft beer had a terrible taste - had to send it back twice. Patio was not set up at all (no cushions on the chairs, looked like it was closed!) Wine was expensive and mediocre... Overall atmophere was not terribly welcoming Would not go back
- The following 299 reviews are from the Archeo reviews archive.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014The staff was pleasant and friendly but for Monday it was very... slow. Also a few of requests ie. no cheese were not applied to our meals. Food was good. Overall OK experience.
- FAB ...PenelopeDined on 7/20/2014Due to an upcoming SPECIAL occasion, I wanted to take my Family, for the Sunday Brunch ! We perused many Toronto restaurants and enjoyed the fact that we could 'reserve' thru ... opentable.com !Special Features:
- No Summerlicious lunch on SundayJaniceDined on 7/20/2014We called the restaurant few times but it always goes to the answer machine. They should have posted in their website that there is no summerlicious lunch on Sunday. We were there and may as well try out the brunch. The brunch is very good.Special Features:
- ilikepizzaDined on 7/17/2014-attentive wait staff -good food (i had the grilled calamari, primavera pizza and apple pie). The pizza crust could have been more fresh, I am not sure if it was made in house or not. -Could use a better seating set up indoors and out. -Nice bar, but no night life on a ThursdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicePickyPaulaDined on 7/17/2014The decor and architecture are beautiful, very industrial, keeping with the feel of the Distillery District. Archeo has a great patio as well and the food was absolutely delicious. Our waiter was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!Tux63Dined on 7/16/2014Looked forward to a summerlicious meal in the Distillery District. Greeted by a somewhat indifferent hostess. Ate on the patio. Wait staff was okay. Halfway through my salad I discovered several spoiled lettuce leaves. Brought it to the attention of the waiter who said he would talk to the chef. Next course was the schnitzel. Dry and flavourless. Not enough mustard or homemade mayo. Fries were enjoyed more by the sparrows. Fellow diner enjoyed the pasta. Dessert was better than the first two courses but didn't come close to overcoming negative experience. Waiter did not charge for my meal but I would not return.
- SummerliciousscoobyyumDined on 7/15/2014I experienced for the 1st time Archeo for a brunch during summerlicious and very much enjoyed my selections. I would recommend the patio on a beautiful day to anyone and the server was gracious and attentive. I would definitively go again. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been greatFriendsAtLunchDined on 7/15/2014Location, restaurant layout/décor, service staff...I think our server was Kerry, were all perfect. The kitchen unfortunately fell nearly flat on its face. The salad was quite good, but that is where the good part ended. Main course pasta/smoked chicken, better once reheated (it had arrived lukewarm). (No excuse -- Archeo wasn't 1/3 full). Cappuccino arrived barely body temperature with completely flat foam -- replaced by a perfect one prepared by the server herself. Dessert? A pear tart thing, too cold straight from the fridge, now past its prime with crust getting soggy. The server struggled to make up for the kitchen's failings - caliber of her service was far above that of the kitchen she represented.
- Summerlicious TipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I enjoyed my meal at Archeo. However, for the summerlicious event I feel that the dessert could have been better. Especially in the case where my friend had an allergy to peanuts and he was not accommodated. overall my experience was great and out server was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice summerlicious findPookysaurusDined on 7/14/2014For an initial taste of this restaurant, it was pleasant. Food was tasty and the setting is great. Was a nice summer evening meal. Even though they don't really make note of dietary restrictions, the tried to accommodate my gluten free needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itDanbiDined on 7/14/2014I went for summerlicious lunch special with my mother who craves for Italian food. We had so much fun with the food which salad, mussels, chicken panne, Margherita pizza, porched peach tart and tiramisu. I think if you like have some light Italian food, you should check this place out. Thank you for your great service and food.Special Features:
- Veal in sandwich was burnt.BeachDined on 7/14/2014Dessert ordered had run out. Other server in outside area was rude.Special Features:
- Great Food and settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Went for lunch during summerlicous. Had a great lunch at a great price. Then went shopping in the distillery district . Good weatherSpecial Features:
- Girl's ReunionLolaDined on 7/13/2014Had dinner on Sunday night with two "old" friends and we loved it! Food was amazing (Summerlicious menu), atmosphere charming and staff very professional and friendly. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseTantDined on 7/13/2014We made a reservation for 4 on Sunday and expected to enjoy the Summerlicious menu; however, this is not on offer Sunday's as it's a buffet brunch. The disappointment didn't last long. Brunch was lovely with just the right amount of food so as not to be overwhelming--lots of options without going overboard. I also really appreciate the the buffet portions don't look as though they're in a trough. Are the croissant from Paris?! Amazing! Lovely staff, easy to bring a stroller, incredible price and value. Will absolutely recommend to friends and come back!Special Features:
- Great food, setting, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014We went there for Summerlicious with me having the salad,pasta, apple pie and my wife having the calamari, salmon, and tiramisu. Both were very nice portions and we loved it. Penne was with a nice spicy sausage and salmon was moist. Prepared very well, and the desserts were a nice surprise as the pie was a crumble and the tiramisu was done in a chocolate shell. Service was excellent, really nice server. Love the setting at the Distillery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!everikaDined on 7/10/2014Overall experience was very good, Summerlicious value was excellent. Server could have been more attentive. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining at ArcheokelligirlintorontoDined on 7/9/2014What an absolute pleasure to have been led to the outdoor, backyard patio at Archeo. The lighting, the flowers, the brick walls each contributed to our fabulous dining experience. Groups of two, four and families with children shared the outdoor space, each enjoying his/her own personal experience. The kids loved the cobblestone yard and no one was concerned by their joyful play. Each course was more yummy than the last...the grilled calamari app and the salmon (main) were both exceptional. The apple pie was beyond exquisite. The pastry melted in my mouth...beyond delish. Having a "crush" on our server certainly made the dining experience even more fun.. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We have only been for lunch. The menu is small and I have food sensitivities, but you have always been able to accomadate me.( gluten and dairy) It is nice to have lunch before we head to the theatre. We live in Oakville, so like to come in early before the play. Never know what the traffic is like. If you had sun umbrellas for your patio, we would have sat outside. I liked the photographs on the wall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.