608 Anacapa St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://archrocksantabarbara.com/
- Phone: 8058452800
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 11:30pm - 10:00pm Friday-Saturday: 11:30am- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jason Banks
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire within for corporate lunches, large takeout orders or limited catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining and Events take place in our Anacapa Room. We can comfortably seat 55 people and are equipped with an overhead projector and drop down big screen to accommodate our guests with anything from Power Point presentations to Slide shows.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren 8058452800
A word from Arch Rock
Arch Rock is a casual neighborhood restaurant and bar with attention to Quality, Service and Value. Steps from State Street this locally owned and operated restaurant boasts Fresh Fish Daily and the Best Happy Hour in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Arch Rock - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Arch Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (17)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)romantic (9)special occasion (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- DISAPPOINTEDBETTYPIANOVIPDined on 8/26/2014I reserved Arch Rock after reading the mostly very good reviews, but was not at all impressed - except for the very friendly and efficient service. But of course, one does not come to a restaurant mainly for the service! I say this because the food was quite average, both in preparation and flavor. Too bad.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014First time. Drinks, food and service was all top notch. Andy was over server and was attentive and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveLondonDined on 8/22/2014They put us in a room at the back of the restaurant ,even if there were many other better tables available at the front.
- caroletDined on 8/14/2014Very good food and a great happy hour however very mediocre service Too many other good restaurants around to recommendSpecial Features:
- Late Night Date NightKSeto26Dined on 8/9/2014Got there around 9:30pm and they had no problem seating us on a Sat night. The bar was fairly busy so they sat us away from the crowd. The restaurant is much bigger than it looks from the front. We ordered 2 appatizers, 2 entrees and dessert. Everything we ordered had great flavor with the exception of the chocolate cake. It was a big piece but there was nothing special or different about it. Still pretty good though. Overall good vibes, great food, good service. Recommened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining, very satisfying.HeartHealthyDiningDined on 8/8/2014People are very accommodating. Needed emergency medical care and restaurant staff could not have been more responsive. Next night ate there again and food was great and service superb. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently BestFood/Service/ValueByronVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have consistently enjoyed each dining experience at Arch Rock Fish and highly recommend this restaurant. The food is tasty and healthy and what really stands out for us is the friendly warm and down to earth service that has always made us feel welcomed at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainkcadeaarDined on 8/2/2014The last time I was here the waitress had apparently decided to go on vacation mid-shift and we sat unattended for the better part of our night. We were lucky to get anything from the bar or kitchen. Then, as I mention the ordeal to the manager as we're leaving he has the gall to get angry with me for not notifying him sooner, as if I'm responsible for keeping him apprised with the happenings in HIS restaurant. I came to eat and be served, not to pull a shift as assistant restaurant manager. This time around was the same, only, I didn't let it last for too long. After about 10 minutes of sitting and waiting to be addressed by the server (or even have waters dropped off for that matter) we left. RIP Arch Rock (Fish?).
- JoeBJ815Dined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed the food. The server and the manager were particularly helpful. My grandson son ordered a pasta dish that was too spicy for him and they redid it without hesitation. The manager came by later to check that all was well. Well done.Special Features:
- Arch "Rocks" it!BillVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great neighborhood find and worth the trip off the main scene . Very fresh seafood dishes, options for kids and darn good food! Great drink selections as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014A great spot to grab dinner or drinks on a weekend out. They have happy hour everyday of the week, which also include a late night menu as well. I had the grilled fish taco that was seasoned perfectly with a flavorful salsa and guac on top. I also had the calamari which had a great lemon pepper flavor, with a dip that I'm not sure what was in it, but it was good. The only thing is our server left halfway through our meal and did not tell us she was transferring the table, so it took us awhile to realize. I don't remember her name, but she was really helpful when making our order, I just wish she would of told us she was leaving. All in all, it was a great night out for less then $30 between two people.Special Features:
- Great foodBrooklyngirl1Dined on 7/19/2014The shrimp appetizer was amazing and the steal for dinner was perfectly cooked and tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavors, Nice SpotWillMcDined on 7/6/2014I have been to Arch Rock probably about a dozen times in the last two years. The reason for that is pretty simple; consistently tasty and well prepared dishes at reasonable prices. While the server quality has ranged from awesome to 'ok', it's never been 'poor.' I have taken friends, coworkers and family members to Arch Rock, and every one has been pleased at their experience. With a great happy hour selection, affordable pricing and tremendously flavorful dinner options, I know I will return yet again.Special Features:
- Good food, good priceswillDined on 7/3/2014The happy hour is a great deal for drinks and appetizers. Dinner can be had at a reasonable price. I was surprised because Arch Rock's advertisements make it out to be an expensive chi chi place. It's really reasonable for such tasty food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Good for travel through Santa Barbara, very plain looking building, easy to miss.Special Features:
- just okRB36VIPDined on 6/28/2014Was between two restaurants and picked Arch Rock and unfortunately it wasnt up to par. Food was just ok had the mix sampler which seemed small for how big the plate was. My girlfriend had the spaghetti with clams which was really watery. We then had apple pie for dessert and were disappointed again because the slice of pie was huge and not hot at all with a tiny scoop of gelato. The service was great and the atmosphere was cool but you dont go to a restaurant just for good service. All that said we wont be going back.Special Features:
- Very consistentDarmokDined on 6/27/2014I had the Ahi tuna, my favorite dish there. It was excellent. My wife had the sea bass. It was truly exceptional. Alex is a great server. One of the best restaurants in SB. Be careful with the Fresno chili peppers. They are quite potent.Special Features:
- Too busy at the MarinaermmdDined on 6/18/2014But we wanted good seafood so we were well accommodated at Arch Rock. Seafood was fresh, service was attentive and we had a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Casual but good!ToboDined on 6/15/2014This was a nice little spot to discover. Convenient parking, friendly staff, delicious salad and salmon. Our party also enjoyed the chicken and turkey burger. Very casual in a nice way!Special Features:
- Staff training neededLindaD5280Dined on 6/14/2014There were 8 of us celebrating my son's graduation. The server seemed very inexperienced and, while very nice, seemed overwhelmed with the size of our table. The food was satisfactory enough, although nothing stood out. The biggest drawback to the experience is that we had people reaching in between and over people clearing plates as we were still eating. This restaurant could be improved with better training of the staff.Special Features:
- Not ready for primetimeScottVIPDined on 6/14/2014Heard that Arch Rock was under new management so we thought we'd give out a try. Our experience was not great. We ordered two appetizers, but were told that one wasn't available. We also ordered a bottle of wine. Our app came 10 minutes before the wine did. We ordered our entrees and waited 40 minutes before the manager said that they were all out of what I had ordered. I understand that restaurants run out of things, but should it have taken them 40 minutes to tell me? So, I ordered something different. When that finally came we were underwhelmed. The flavor was one note and the marscapone polenta that was supposed to be part of the dish was substituted with mashed potatoes. When I asked the manager about this he said "oh you noticed huh?"
- Huge fanEricGreenspanDined on 6/6/2014Seafood Cobb for lunch. Cioppino for dinner. No brainer. Great flavors, friendly servers, well managed. Great SB spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood joinBillVIPDined on 5/29/2014Excellent, fresh seafood and great local flavors! The menu selection was great and all items were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Hostess station set up strangely with wine barrels to either side of stand which impedes traffic. No kids menu available and server could barely remember what was on it. Good muscles for app. Very slow service, she barely came around. Said manager was supposed to come by to aware us of long waits but didn't come to us. Strange set up everyone is in a booth. Would much rather sit in front room or bar area. Fritto Misto not an entree should be offers as app like calamari. Bus boy did strange thing as already had plates from another table and stopped to pick up only some of out old dishes. Cioppino pretty good but broth should be more fish/shrimp flavored. People could not find bathroom and would wander around.Special Features:
- I had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Our server (Lacey) was happy, friendly, personable and had great food suggestions! Tomas was friendly and come to our table to chit chat with us which I think was great! And came back to see how we were doing, just enough to not make it annoying! Overall I had a great experience and plan on going back very soon!Special Features:
- Both food and service excellent.ForLoveOfMomDined on 5/18/2014When we are traveling, we like finding new places to eat. Arch Rock is a hidden gem. Located at Anacapa and Cota St it would normally be overlooked by all the State St restaurants. Everything we ordered was perfect. The clam chowder was close to the best ever. Loved the stilton blue & truffle honey grilled cheese. The best seafood Cobb salad with green goddess dressing. Wonderful miso cod with baby bok choy as the main dish. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. The folks working there seem to actually enjoy working at Arch Rock. We're not sure what we will have next time, but we're looking forward to trying other items. My only suggestion would be to expand on the dessert selections. We give this place 4.75 stars. Yum, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just sea foodBillTVIPDined on 5/16/2014Arch Rock has been a favorite place for sea food since they opened so I was surprised to find they have expanded their selection of other dishes. I really enjoyed the braised short rib served on a bed of Mascarpone Polenta, the combination was outstanding. My wife got the fresh local sea bass on tamales, it was beautiful. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The following 415 reviews are from the Arch Rock reviews archive.
- great locationAngelDined on 7/28/2013Everything was very nice about the place...the staff, the service & the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out more than "in"DisappointingVIPDined on 7/26/2013Very disappointing to arrive for dinner and find out that several menu items were "sold out". This included salmon, a staple of amonst every restaurant; curious how this happened (if it did). Our ordered entres arrived but were not prepared as requested. Two of four were sent back and a third awaited the ordered side. This Enterprise Fish "copy cat: is faltering--its better ambiance is no longer an edge.
- excellent, but is you prefer,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013excellent, but is you prefer, ask for a table in the rear for a little more quiet -- so can talk easily to your quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples reviewATeamDined on 7/13/2013All in all it was good! The atomosphere was fine except a few of us had to look at the supply of tableware on the backside of the booth. Service was pleasing & the hostess desk very pleasant. Chalkboard speacial were had to see from out booth w/o standing up & we couldn't see them on the other wall due to extra placesettings. Those must be moved! Nice wine list and great variety of fish options. Three of us had the special, 1 chioppino, bass & crab legs....all very good except chioppino could use additional ingredients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ahi!!Dine4bizDined on 7/9/2013This was a business dinner for a party of 12 - big plus that Arch Rock could accommodate a sizeable group. The food was fantastic - fresh fish all around. I had the Ahi and am still thinking about how fresh and tasty it was!! We will All be back again! Thanks for a great evening, ARF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2013My girlfriend and I were I town for a quick vacation. We know the town well, but wanted to try something with seafood that we hadn't had before. The location and food couldn't have been better. Due to a crying child, everyone from servers to patrons were on pins and needles. I doubt that kid was there for the oysters, and there are plenty of family restaurants around where crying kids are par for the course. Patents, don't bring your young kid to fancy place unless they can handle it. Sorry for the diversion. The people were friendly and food was great. Get the clam chowder. It's great! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Descent option especially for fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2013Main dining room needs a look as lacks ambiance while bar area and outdoor area are cute and visually appealing. Meal was nice, wine options good. Only issue was a bunch of items were not available on the menu which was a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfuldinnerloveVIPDined on 6/30/2013We booked a last minute reservation. We enjoyed the ambiance and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMamazDined on 6/30/2013Michelle our waitress was top notch! Fun and very professional and knowledgeable at the same time. We enjoyed every moment of our experience. It was obvious that great attention to detail has been given to e entire dining experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Slow Service - Quiet DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013I've been to Arch Rock numerous times for dinner but never for lunch. The service was really slow and the restaurant was not busy. Seemed really understaffed. After we were seated no one came to our table for at least 10 minutes to offer beverages. Once we got our beverages the waiter again disappeared and was not even in the front area where we were sitting. As usual though the food was all very good. Hope this was just a glitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Treat!JoolsDined on 6/25/2013We had an awesome experience going to Arch Rock, the service was excellent and the food was divine. I'd never experienced a crab feast before, we had a lot of fun cracking open the shells and getting to the awesome meat inside. Calamari is to die for! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing value for crab festOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2013Mon and Tues only -- $14 for a 2 lb local rock crab, which was cooked to perfection -- finger licking good! I would have ordered another one had I had the space in my stomach for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than fishYcookDined on 6/21/2013My husband enjoyed a wonderful burger that way he wanted it - no embellishments - and it was perfect. The guacamole was great! The waitress had exactly the right amount of solicitude - not intrusive, but not "here's your food, goodbye" either. I especially enjoyed the high sided booth - private, but not claustrophobic because of the very high ceilings. I've already recommended this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.