Arch Persian Lounge
1211 9 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0S9Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Arch Persian Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.archpersianlounge.com/
- Phone: 4034742828x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10.00 pm
Saturday 12:00 pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please Contact.
- Entertainment: We have live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Special Events: Please Contact.
A word from Arch Persian Lounge
Arch is Calgary's Persian connection! Featuring authentic persian dishes along with easy recognizable classics, Arch is guarenteed to have something for everyone. Featuring many gluten free dishes and made with fresh herbs and spices, this local mainstay is offering some of the most authentic charbroiled and locally sourced meals in Calgary. Featuring dishes from kabobs to pomegranate stew, your taste buds will be intrigued and satisfied by Arch's signature style and taste. Now bring the wonders of Persia to your door with online ordering for delivery and takeout in Calgary . Try something new and exciting in today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arch Persian Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great mealAandLDined on 7/5/2014Wife and I had walked by several times and finally decided to stop by for dinner. Didn't check the hours the first time and picked a day when they were closed, second try was a Stat holiday and they were closed again, finally made it and it was well worth the wait. Great food. The flat bread and cucumber dip was excellent as was the lamb shank I had, my wife really enjoyed her beef kabob too. The iced tea was also really good, not too sweet. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Fantastic experience with amazing fresh food and server. We were given the option to eat family-style and server chose all the dishes for our eating pleasure, everything was delicious. Highly recommend! definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Arch Persian Lounge reviews archive.
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I'm still talking about how blown away I am with Arch Persian Lounge. We reserved a table for a group of 4 on Friday night and we all agreed we had one of the best dining experiences. The servers were super friendly and attentive. We tried what our server recommended and we loved it. The pomegranate stew, the fresh tender and over open-flame cooked kebobs and fresh out of the clay oven baked bread were all really delicious! We really enjoyed the Persian live music that night This restaurant is highly recommended and we will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is way too slowStillwaterDined on 3/8/2014We had to wait far too long for our appetizer and main courses to arrive and had to ask multiple times for items such as water refills and pita bread.
- Good findtastyDined on 3/1/2014Good food, ordered by server suggestion. Accommodated late arriving guests. Good experience overall. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Date FunFirstDateFunDined on 2/21/2014Recently, I had a date and we decided to go here. We had the eggplant dip, some wine, some salad, and their stew. The meal was great and we didn't get stuffed afterwards. It was quiet enough for a romantic conversation and the wait staff were friendly and helpful. We're going to be going back there again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent tasting food. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent tasting food. Very attentive in the beginning but service fell way below average later on.Special Features:
- Valentine'stheflyfishermanDined on 2/14/2014Overall I liked the Arch. Perhaps it was newer staff or different billing software, but checking out was unacceptably slow. The staff were very friendly, if a tad inexperienced. A caution on the hot pepper which I mistook for a pea pod & burned my mouth on would have been very appreciated, but was neglected. The two piece band playing was a pleasant and unexpected surprise which greatly added to the ambience and romantic evening befitting Valentine's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceNightoutDined on 2/14/2014The staff at this restaurant don't know what they are doing. Everything took a long time to come. If we didn't ask then it didn't happen. Many times we asked several times just to get one thing. The food was good, but I don't think this place will be around long if the service doesn't get better.
- Amazing Food & Friendly StaffFoodieCalgaryVIPDined on 2/1/2014The chicken is very tender and tasty. The Hummus is also great. Recommend it to anyone who's a real foodie and loves rich and well balanced flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2014Lovely family run restaurant. Delicious ethnic food. Not great value for overall food experience.Special Features:
- Would not returndcpv1Dined on 11/20/2013The service was ok - our server was nice but we had been sitting there for almost 30 minutes and had to flag her down to get a glass of water and there was only one other table in the entire restaurant. After we got our water the service improved although she did complain about a customer that had been in on a previous day and got our drink orders incorrect. The food wasn't horrible but it wasn't great and the menu is very small, so if you don't like kabobs then you are pretty much out of luck here. The beef was extremely tough and lacked flavor however the lamb was moderately better. The rice was a little undercooked and incredibly bland but that was actually ok because the veggies were quite spicy. It was also expensive considering.
- Delicious food - just-right serviceHeatherTDined on 10/17/2013My family and I came for my birthday dinner- and we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. A hungry group of food-savvy adults, we were delighted with the beautifully hot pita that came with the fresh cucumber dip. We decided on a platter, so that we could sample a variety of kabobs - chicken, lamb, beef tenderloin - cooked perfectly. Enjoyed the pomegranate stew and the salad - unique and flavorful. Happy to try a new place and be so graciously and promptly served. Try The Arch for something delightfully out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone loved itChrissyDined on 8/30/2013Took a large group to this restaurant, and they were very accommodating and helpful with every aspect of the menu. Everybody went home extremely satisfied and happy with the experience. They also paid special attention to the fact that our group was large and maybe everyone would like to taste more than one thing-- so they suggested a platter, which was incredible. Thanks for a wonderful evening... We will all certainly visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic middle eastern meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2013Authentic middle eastern meal. One of the best we had in Calgary without being back in the region.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Kurdish-Persian FoodKurtDined on 8/3/2013Delicious food, great live music on fri/sat nights and they are open late. They have yummy vegetarian options and you can really feel the places authenticity. I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Arch Persian Lounge"jacimaxDined on 7/2/2013The dolmeh were the best I've had. The homemade cardamom ice-cream was heavenly. I definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPennyDined on 6/14/2013We highly recommend this restaurant. It has been open since January I believe and has nice decor. It is in the wonderful neighborhood of Inglewood. The food was amazing. The server recommended some dishes as we have never eat Persian food. We went with his recommendations and it was great. We highly recommend the Fesenjan (pomegranate stew). So flavorful. This restaurant is great if you have dairy allergies and gluten issues. We highly recommend the baklava. The best we have ever eaten. The service was great and they took the time to explain the menu and make recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.