100 W San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/arsj.php
- Phone: (408) 278-4555
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST Sunday to Saturday 6:30am to 11:30am
LUNCH Sunday to Saturday 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
DINNER Monday to Saturday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm. (Closed Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Evan Perlick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Arcadia is available for catering requests. Please contact the restaurant at (408) 278-4555.
- Private Party Facilities: Arcadia offers a Private Dining Room accommodating up to 34 guests. We welcome groups for breakfast, lunch, dinner, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions, holiday parties, business meetings or other special events.
- Private Party Contact: Ronnie Suarez 4082784423x
- Special Events: ARCADIA can accommodate your party, large or small and can host special events for either lunch or dinner and is available to reserve in its entirety. Our Event Manager will assist in seamlessly planning your special event.
A word from ARCADIA
Acclaimed Chef Michael Mina's ARCADIA features a modern American steakhouse menu. In addition to mouth-watering steaks, the expanded menu offers fresh fish and chicken dishes, expertly prepared, as well as the freshest shellfish. Enjoy ARCADIA classics like Lobster Corn Dogs, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Whole Fried Chicken, and Steak Rossini. Accompany your meal with traditional steakhouse sides prepared with Mina's modern twist.Continued
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
ARCADIA - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
ARCADIA reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (41)romantic (37)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (14)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Went on a Friday night. AppetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008Went on a Friday night. Appetizer (shrimp in lettuce cups) was just okay, main course (cod) and dessert (lemon thing) were excellent. Friday night in downtown San Jose is kind of dead. This place would be much more fun and vibrant on a weeknight when there's something going on at the convention center. Good for a business lunch or dinner but not for a romantic birthday dinner.Special Features:
- We to Arcadia Saturday asdisappointedVIPDined on 4/19/2008We to Arcadia Saturday as repeat customers, expecting a repeat of the impeccable service we received the first time. Unfortunately our waitress never even bothered to tell us she was our waitress- for the first 30 min I thought she was the assistance, filling glasses of water, etc. She was uncommunicative and took over 30 min to take our starter orders, then rushed us to make decisions on the main course saying that the kitchen was closing! The food was very good, the host was incredibly friendly, but the one connection we had through the server was not there.Special Features:
- When we arrived, the loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2008When we arrived, the loud music was irritating and had a frenetic quality. The surroundings were quite nice but the music spoiled the atmosphere. When we spoke to the waiter about the music, he said that was part of their desired ambiance. Luckily for us, the music soon changed- both in the volume & the type and it was fine. If it hadn't changed, the evening would not have been enjoyable.Special Features:
- The steaks are perfectly prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2008The steaks are perfectly prepared, with a nice selection of sauces. Offering seared fois gras as a side option with a steak is a masterstroke.Special Features:
- Looking for a new place inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Looking for a new place in town, we chose Arcadia to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. He loves steak and he is always looking for a good New York strip. When he saw the Kobe Beef New York Strip--there was no question about what he was going to have served to him. In fact, he claims that he has never had such a "food high" before. The other favorites of the evening were the duck fat fries and the truffle mac&cheese. The service was wonderful as well. It was an experience not just dinner.Special Features:
- Unusual and fantasticallyOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/12/2008Unusual and fantastically different and interesting food. A very good Michael Mina restaurant with his typical high quality. And LOTS of food, you don't go away hungry! Foie Gras Sliders, Truffled Macaroni and Cheese, Lobster Corn Dogs........all INCREDIBLE! If this restaurant wasn't in a hotel, it'd be the number one dining spot around!Special Features:
- By far one of the top restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2008By far one of the top restaurants in Silicon Valley, if not the best...Special Features:
- Waiter misunderstood my orderOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2008Waiter misunderstood my order so entree was delayed. Bartender was personalityless (Marine haircut).Special Features:
- The quality and preparationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/9/2008The quality and preparation of the main course (lamb) met my expectations. The wine list, although extensive, shows very high mark-up on most selections. Having said that, I did enjoy the merlot cava, which turned out to be one of the less expensive libations.Special Features:
- Attended a lunch meeting thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008Attended a lunch meeting there and felt that the experience overall was a great one. Great service and excellent food as well. Was also a quiet enough setting where we didn't find ourselves distracted and were able to discuss business.Special Features:
- Service was wonderful! Greatfoodieuf4Dined on 4/5/2008Service was wonderful! Great food! Had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Very nice. The main dish,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2008Very nice. The main dish, side dishes and hot bread was excellent. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- extremely high prices forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2008extremely high prices for for poor to mediocre quality food - the food was a genuine disapointment - the service staff was excellent -
- The dining room is chillyFinediner1VIPDined on 3/29/2008The dining room is chilly because there is access into the dining room from the street. I'd say about a dozen tables sitting near the door would feel the cool air coming in everytime the door is opened. Alot of people from the street use that door and therefore you are chilly throughout your entire dining experience. The service was slow. The first occurrence was bringing the cocktails. It took a very long time to bring two mojitos and one martini? Service was slow again in bringing the main entrees. We noticed a pizza oven and looked like they made pizza, but we never saw it on the menu. My husband would have considered a pizza for an appetizer. Overall the meal and experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- I found the room austere andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2008I found the room austere and chilly, too minimalist and colorless. The studied LACK of ambience detracted from the overall experience. The food and service were superb. I am finding that the increasing number of high-end restaurants with $35 and up entrees that are strictly a la carte to be irritating. Incredibly fresh Kumamoto oysters were served with the best cocktail sauce and mignonette I ever tasted; the outrageously rich and decadent foie gras sliders are not to be missed. Our American Kobe skirt steaks were as tender and melting as filet mignon, and the duck fat fries and sauteed spinach (requested instead of creamed and perfectly done) sides were excellent. Arcadia gives The Grill on the Alley real competition.Special Features:
- Tuna tartare was spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/29/2008Tuna tartare was spectacular. So was the Kobe skirt steak. And the Irish dessert.Special Features:
- The food was very delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The food was very delicious. I found the food to be a bit over priced for what we had...filet and lobster. It was very good, just not outstanding and not worth $200 for 2 people. I have yet to try his other restaurant at St FrancisSpecial Features:
- I and my 2 companions lookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008I and my 2 companions looked forward to dining at a Michael Mina restaurant. Although our reservation was for 12:30 on Saturday, and the dining room was only half full, we were not served until 1:00. When we were served our 3 American Kobe Burgers, an appetizer of potato leek soup and another of crab cakes was plunked down in the middle of the table. We asked a bus person to remove the soup and after tasting the crab xakes found them inedible and had them removed. The crab was stringy and appeared to be previously frozen or canned, definitely not tasting like fresh Dungeness. The burgers and fries were acceptable but the garnishes were not. Our server didn't check on our table between taking our order and providing the check.
- Great food - lousy service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Great food - lousy service. It took over 45 minutes to get first course. Also it was 5+ minutes between the first person (table of 8) and the last to get first course - way too long! Once we got the food it was good. The restaurant was not full, so I can not understand why the service was so slow.
- While overall a good and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008While overall a good and enjoyable dining experience, I believe the menu is overpriced. The service was good, but the waiter did place the wrong order for my guest. We did not wish to stay longer and await correction. We were comped a desert and that was fine.Special Features:
- Good location for lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/21/2008Good location for lunch meeting with client. However, service was particularly poor for an expensive restaurant that is meant to cater to high-end clientele.Special Features:
- The food was good but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2008The food was good but expensive. Service was very good.
- The steak was prepared excellently.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2008The steak was prepared excellently. Two highlights of the menu are the large cut of filet mignon (14oz) and the optional seared fois gras side.Special Features:
- The restaurant was not fullOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2008The restaurant was not full with the exception of a large group that was in the banquet room. Despite that, it was an hour and fifteen mintutes from the time we ordered until the time the appetizers arrived. When we complained about the delay, the waiter offered by way of apology to provide a complemenatary glass of wine or dessert to everyone in our party.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2008Very disappointing. I was expecting a Michael Mina experience and got dinner at a Marriott, complete with rowdy businessmen from Topeka. The dinner service was poor, but the food was very good. I can picture a promising chef in the kitchen very frustrated with the other aspects of this place. Here's some advice, "Find another job. This place is dragging you down.".Special Features:
- as excellent and memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2008as excellent and memorable as every other time that we have dined there. the best in San Jose dining that I have experienced.Special Features:
- Although I liked it a bitMilpitasVIPDined on 2/14/2008Although I liked it a bit better when their menu had a seafood theme, now that they've switched to more of a steakhouse menu, it's still wonderful. Their pomegranate cosmopolitan is the stuff of dreams. Chips on Fish is outstanding. Everything is very fresh and the service is superb. Ambiance is a little sparse (too contemporary) for my taste, but nicely laid out, and it's easy to have a conversation with your dining companions.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Arcadia twice,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2007I have eaten at Arcadia twice, once last summer, once this summer. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The sommelier recommended a wonderful wine based on other wines that we like that weren't on the menu. Last year when we dined at Arcadia, one of our companions didn't really care for her dinner, but didn't say anything. The waiter noticed and asked, and to make it up to her, he brought us 3 complementary desserts (for a table of 4- plenty for sharing). Great service, great food, highly recommended.Special Features:
- I love going here before thesympatheticEarDined on 12/9/2006I love going here before the symphony or opera when I want a special night out. It is a splurge, so we don't go often, but the food is delicious, especially the steaks and salads, and the service is very good. I always feel taken care of here.Special Features: