100 W San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/arsj.php
- Phone: 4082784555x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST Sunday to Saturday 6:30am to 11:30am
LUNCH Sunday to Saturday 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
DINNER Monday to Saturday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm. (Closed Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Evan Perlick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Arcadia is available for catering requests. Please contact the restaurant at (408) 278-4555.
- Private Party Facilities: Arcadia offers a Private Dining Room accommodating up to 34 guests. We welcome groups for breakfast, lunch, dinner, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions, holiday parties, business meetings or other special events.
- Private Party Contact: Ronnie Suarez 4082784423x
- Special Events: ARCADIA can accommodate your party, large or small and can host special events for either lunch or dinner and is available to reserve in its entirety. Our Event Manager will assist in seamlessly planning your special event.
A word from ARCADIA
Acclaimed Chef Michael Mina's ARCADIA features a modern American steakhouse menu. In addition to mouth-watering steaks, the expanded menu offers fresh fish and chicken dishes, expertly prepared, as well as the freshest shellfish. Enjoy ARCADIA classics like Lobster Corn Dogs, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Whole Fried Chicken, and Steak Rossini. Accompany your meal with traditional steakhouse sides prepared with Mina's modern twist.Continued
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
ARCADIA - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
ARCADIA reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (42)romantic (39)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very nice dinner placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Nice food, very good service. Nice place. Central location. International vibe.Special Features:
- Good food/drinks, but expensiveletsbehonestDined on 10/17/2014Ate dinner here the other night. Found the main dining room to be cheery but cold (too much AC). Seats are comfortable, but the room is too open and breezy to be romantic. Had the pork belly appetizer, the Cowboy steak with asparagus, and one of their specialty drinks. They also brought me their signature french fries. The appetizer, fries, and the drink were excellent. Also, the pork belly appetizer was very unique. However, the steak and asparagus were just ordinary, and certainly not worth the high price. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place to go.ygjustinDined on 10/11/2014Food was outstanding. i went lots of places for steak. There is lots of good place have steak. but not much good cooker. thank you for serving us, hopefully i can go this place again.Special Features:
- Great diner prior to concertJefmelVIPDined on 10/2/2014We went here prior to a concert at SAP, with a large group of family. Service was great, and the food was awesome, as normal. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArcadiaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014Great place. Mina has another gem. Highly reccommendSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014This place was fantastic because of the extremely fast service, delicious food, and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zzzzyzzzDined on 9/22/2014server was not attentive, food is quite bland and unappealingSpecial Features:
- Better Table..,PatrickVIPDined on 9/22/2014Restaurant was quite empty for an early table before the Katy Perry concert. Seated at a non-descript table in the middle of the restaurant with the sun blinding me. Thought we could have had a better table. Loved Monday 1/2 price wine deal. Motor advantage with the Costa Browne Chardonnay.Special Features:
- Not impresseddinner4twoDined on 9/19/2014We have eaten at several high end restaurants in varying cities across the US. Unfortunately this one was probably the worst. I really don't mind paying top dollar for a good experience and great food. Don't get me wrong here, the food was very good, but that is the last positive I can say. Here's where is went wrong.......our appetizer was dropped on the table (glazed pork belly) and additional graze was spilled on the table and not offered to be cleaned. Our service was inattentive, the house lights came up to full light not once but twice throughout dinner service (seems small but really ruins the mood which is part of what your paying for). Our entrée items were delivered to the wrong persons (med to me and medium rare to my wife)Special Features:
- FantasticGypsyPunkDined on 9/19/2014This is the place to truly enjoy the experience of fine dining. Impeccable service, sommelier was extremely knowledgable and approachable. The food is outstanding, taste, presentation, all superb. In a really extra special touch, my leftover box was packed with a set of cutlery & a napkin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & great desertNickDined on 9/18/2014Sommelier at the restaurant was amazing. He was able to catch any requests/problems and handle them well. Thier desert was great and I would like to go again for it.Special Features:
- rich murraykylesdadDined on 9/16/2014The atmosphere and, service were second to none. We had two different waiters that made, sure every need and question were taken care of. Nobody does fine dining better than michael minaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchLunchForMEDined on 9/15/2014Been here a couple of times for business lunches and the food is awesome the service is pretty hit or miss.Special Features:
- started slow then just got bettermojito8828Dined on 9/12/2014We had an early dinner Friday before going to see wicked. Went to bar to have a drink first. Prices a little high even for San Jose. Then went to get seated. Had reservation so was seated right away. She said waiter would be right over but the. No one came. We probably sat for almost 10min before waiter came over, but then it got better. Had the duck spring rolls and charcuterie board for aps and they were amazing. Lobster pot pie for dinner was just flat out delightful. They cut it open at table and reconstruct it on your plate. Wagu flank steak cooked perfectly and some smashed potatoes cooked to perfection. Not cheep but we'll worth the cost. Very extensive wine list to choose though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.. great experienceRupshaDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate my birthday. The food was fantastic and so was the service. They totally made me feel special.. especially by bringing out a special dessert which was on the house. I would definitely recommend Arcadia to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you like to be left alone?DeanDined on 9/6/2014Food was well prepared and overall 'good'! But at that price I expected great. EVERYTHING is an "add on", even sauces fir steaks! Ribeye was cooked well (rare), neither mac n cheese nor mushrooms were worth $10 The service was like a Black Angus, take your order, bring your food, ask if all ok, bring your bill. $30 corkage, although I was never told (probably noted on menu); I didn't complain - strange that wine was taken elsewhere to open and brought back only after I asked (i thought, maybe decanted, but no). No interaction, although answered any ? we asked. Just felt like a much less expensive service level, everything was delivered by someone different. If you want good steak, be left alone and do t mind pricey - this may be for you
- very good foodwassDined on 9/6/2014But the service was definitely not so good--the manager pitched in, which helped greatlySpecial Features:
- Fine food but emptyDudleyDined on 9/6/2014Our family group of eight had a very nice meal at Arcadia. The interior is the usual modernistic dark wood. It was a bit lonely though, as the place was basically empty. Even though it was noon on a Saturday, there was only one other family in the large dining area. The food was quite good and reasonably priced. Being so close to the theater, it is a good choice for a pre-matinee lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MWallaceDined on 8/30/2014Our server, Robert, was excellent in giving wine pairing recommendations and was very attentive to feedback on the food. Great presentation on the food, especially the steak tar tare and the lobster pot-pie. Our first tar tare was on the salty side and when asked about the food, we gave an honest reply. Robert's first reaction was to apologize and ask for another opportunity to make our dish- no defensiveness or excuses; just a genuine wish to correct the dish and make it a good experience for us. I also appreciated that the oysters were loosened in the half shell. Robert was also very aware to keep the dining on schedule for us to make our show at the Center for Performing Arts. Excellent treat for before a show!Special Features:
- AwesomeSteelersrule1Dined on 8/29/2014Try to request Ian as your server and you won't be disappointed. The food is consistently great and the ambiance is second to none. Beats the pants off the grill at the fairmont. Look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Service qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I have been to Michael Mina's in the city and it is very good. The food at the San Jose restaurant was also very good but the service left something to be desired.
- Great food VG wine optionsCarlFDined on 8/22/2014We had guests in from Florida who wanted a good steak and we wanted sea food. This place fit the bill for both? My wife had the black cod and said it was one of the best meals she had ever had. NY steak for my friend done"Pitsburg" just as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerPrinceOfBelMontDined on 8/22/2014Waiter was excellent. He knew it was our 5 year anniversary and presented us with complementary bubbly and at the end a nice desert platter. The food there that we had was great - oysters, tuna tartare, ribeye, and prime filet where all delicious. We also splurged and had the special peach pannicotta desert which was great too. The only thing that annoyed we was that I requested a romantic/intimate area for my wife for our anniversary and was placed right in front of the chefs. The hostess I think didn't look that this was a special occasion for us and just sat us at a regular table till we asked to be seated but were informed of a 45min wait. Other then that, the experience here was excellent!Special Features:
- Great foodschernandezDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at the Arcadia on the evening of our wedding anniversary. The menu was trendy and original, and had good grilled meat and fish selections. The service was excellent, and the ambience was romantic and also comfortable and casual. I would recommend the Arcadia for any special occasion.Special Features:
- ImpressiveOhfoodwhereartthouDined on 8/15/2014We wanted to try out this restaurant, even though we are seafood lovers. The menu selections were great and we shared our meal so we had opportunity to try a wider variety on the menu. Loved the lobster salad, heirloom tomatoes, grilled asparagus and the king salmon was yummy and wonderful! Finished off with a decadent chocolate molten cake. The experience was altogether great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Service was prompt, efficient and knowledgeable. Food was unique and tasted wonderful. They substitute specially flavored French fries with matching dipping sauce for the usual bread to munch while waiting for food. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite San Jose restaurant512damonVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love this place, the food is fantastic, service is excellent and the location is right downtown.
- Great MealOrloDined on 8/1/2014The food was amazing from the perfectly prepared scalop dish to the fun fries presentation. The proteins here are always of superb quality and the sides just decadent. This along with the friendly service from the staff equaled a great evening meal with friends. Thank you som for being very personable and a pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner place!!!ErikaDined on 8/1/2014We are from Sacramento and will definately come back to eat here! The food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double MinaJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 7/27/2014For her birthday, she requested Mina. So, we had Arcadia with the kids for brunch followed up with Michael Mina in San Francisco for dinner. Our brunch was top notch. Michael's waffles and gourmet bacon made the kids happy and the birthday girl got her Farmer's omelet-good and healthy. I had the hash which now ranks as my favorite. MM knows his stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st: awesome. 2nd time: bad serviceFoodloverDined on 7/25/2014The waiter didn't care much, hardly was around, and seems like he was not in the mood to work. It offset the pleasure of the food and vibe for us that night.
- Two words "bacon marmalade"LunchForMEDined on 7/25/2014Had a lunch meeting here and it was great food, but service this time was terrible, manager kept checking on us but not actually getting anything done. Food was amazing!! The grilled cheese is an experience!! The lobster corn dogs are great.Special Features:
- DeliciousCarolCVIPDined on 7/24/2014I had the very best Caesar salad ever for lunch--adding perfectly cooked salmon to mine-- and each one of us thought the food was outstanding and so was the wine list. I had no idea the food was so good We don't get downtown much, but we're going to make a point of it from now on just to eat here.Special Features:
- Great menu, ok steakBaldFoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Great menu with lots of options. Service was good too. But I chose the NY Prime and the cut of meat wasn't good. Very chewy. I battled on for a while but ended up leaving half. Truffle Mac n cheese was terrific but creamed spinach was too creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Arcadia definitely exceeded our expectations. Nice calm ambiance and great tasting food. A bit pricey when adding sides and desert, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Food quality not the same!LuvfoodDined on 7/17/2014I've been to Arcadia about 5 years ago, and it was one of my favorite restaurants in San Jose. The rib eye was as good as any steak houses in the area, but nothing to rave about. The corn soup had no flavor, the fries was not as good as before, but the duck spring rolls where pretty good. Our Server forgot to place our order for our onion rings, he said he's been there since they first opened, I guess he's just tired working there with the kind of service we've experienced. If you have been to Arcadia in the past, don't expect the same excellent experience you've had in the past. If you want something better than The Cattle Company and want to pay double the price, with better ambiance head over to Arcadia!
- Delicious!MollybeeDined on 7/17/2014We had tickets to the theater so stopped here beforehand. Delicious food and great service. Had the heirloom salad to start then we all had different entrees and sides. Scallops, short ribs and flank steak were amazing. The sides were oh so good! Creamed spinach (with bacon ofcourse), grilled asparagus and how could I forget the truffle mac-n-cheese - yum! I thought for sure a bread basket was on its way and I was delightfully surprised with duck fat fries...oh goodness me - so good! Quick walk to the theater and easy to get out. My only downfall: Didn't realize they only validated if you parked in Marriott (only downside since we parked in the garage next door and paid for it $$). But so worth the stop!Special Features:
- Great Experience at Arcadiatwhitaker33Dined on 7/17/2014We did a business lunch here and it was perfect. It wasn't crowded, our table was large and comfortable, the food was excellent and my guests were so pleased because they had heard of this place but never eaten there, so it was a hit.Special Features:
- Arcadia has delicious fishaaaaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a great experience at Arcadia. I know this is a steak place, but we ordered the cod. It was some of the best we have eaten! We also ordered the wedge salad, and tomato salad with buratta cheese. Both were delicious. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. He brought us a taste of two Pinot's we were not familiar with. We were there for an early dinner before the theater. Arcadia is not inexpensive, but our food and service were well worth the money. I'm sure we will return.Special Features:
- Suited us well.HappyhappyhappyDined on 7/12/2014Everyone congratulated us and that made it special, along with the special dessert at the end. Steaks were amazing and sides were delicious thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.