100 W San Carlos St.
San Jose, CA 95113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/arsj.php
- Phone: 4082784555x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST Sunday to Saturday 6:30am to 11:30am
LUNCH Sunday to Saturday 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
DINNER Monday to Saturday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm. (Closed Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Evan Perlick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Arcadia is available for catering requests. Please contact the restaurant at (408) 278-4555.
- Private Party Facilities: Arcadia offers a Private Dining Room accommodating up to 34 guests. We welcome groups for breakfast, lunch, dinner, birthdays, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions, holiday parties, business meetings or other special events.
- Private Party Contact: Ronnie Suarez 4082784423x
- Special Events: ARCADIA can accommodate your party, large or small and can host special events for either lunch or dinner and is available to reserve in its entirety. Our Event Manager will assist in seamlessly planning your special event.
A word from ARCADIA
Acclaimed Chef Michael Mina's ARCADIA features a modern American steakhouse menu. In addition to mouth-watering steaks, the expanded menu offers fresh fish and chicken dishes, expertly prepared, as well as the freshest shellfish. Enjoy ARCADIA classics like Lobster Corn Dogs, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Whole Fried Chicken, and Steak Rossini. Accompany your meal with traditional steakhouse sides prepared with Mina's modern twist.Continued
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Voted Best Steakhouse by Best of the Bay TV Viewers in 2011 and OpenTable Diners' Choice in 2012.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
ARCADIA - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
ARCADIA reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)fit for foodies (65)romantic (43)notable wine list (42)good for groups (33)hot spot (13)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great food VG wine optionsCarlFDined on 8/22/2014We had guests in from Florida who wanted a good steak and we wanted sea food. This place fit the bill for both? My wife had the black cod and said it was one of the best meals she had ever had. NY steak for my friend done"Pitsburg" just as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerPrinceOfBelMontDined on 8/22/2014Waiter was excellent. He knew it was our 5 year anniversary and presented us with complementary bubbly and at the end a nice desert platter. The food there that we had was great - oysters, tuna tartare, ribeye, and prime filet where all delicious. We also splurged and had the special peach pannicotta desert which was great too. The only thing that annoyed we was that I requested a romantic/intimate area for my wife for our anniversary and was placed right in front of the chefs. The hostess I think didn't look that this was a special occasion for us and just sat us at a regular table till we asked to be seated but were informed of a 45min wait. Other then that, the experience here was excellent!Special Features:
- Great foodschernandezDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at the Arcadia on the evening of our wedding anniversary. The menu was trendy and original, and had good grilled meat and fish selections. The service was excellent, and the ambience was romantic and also comfortable and casual. I would recommend the Arcadia for any special occasion.Special Features:
- ImpressiveOhfoodwhereartthouDined on 8/15/2014We wanted to try out this restaurant, even though we are seafood lovers. The menu selections were great and we shared our meal so we had opportunity to try a wider variety on the menu. Loved the lobster salad, heirloom tomatoes, grilled asparagus and the king salmon was yummy and wonderful! Finished off with a decadent chocolate molten cake. The experience was altogether great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Service was prompt, efficient and knowledgeable. Food was unique and tasted wonderful. They substitute specially flavored French fries with matching dipping sauce for the usual bread to munch while waiting for food. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite San Jose restaurant512damonVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love this place, the food is fantastic, service is excellent and the location is right downtown.
- Great MealOrloDined on 8/1/2014The food was amazing from the perfectly prepared scalop dish to the fun fries presentation. The proteins here are always of superb quality and the sides just decadent. This along with the friendly service from the staff equaled a great evening meal with friends. Thank you som for being very personable and a pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner place!!!ErikaDined on 8/1/2014We are from Sacramento and will definately come back to eat here! The food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double MinaJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 7/27/2014For her birthday, she requested Mina. So, we had Arcadia with the kids for brunch followed up with Michael Mina in San Francisco for dinner. Our brunch was top notch. Michael's waffles and gourmet bacon made the kids happy and the birthday girl got her Farmer's omelet-good and healthy. I had the hash which now ranks as my favorite. MM knows his stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st: awesome. 2nd time: bad serviceFoodloverDined on 7/25/2014The waiter didn't care much, hardly was around, and seems like he was not in the mood to work. It offset the pleasure of the food and vibe for us that night.
- Two words "bacon marmalade"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Had a lunch meeting here and it was great food, but service this time was terrible, manager kept checking on us but not actually getting anything done. Food was amazing!! The grilled cheese is an experience!! The lobster corn dogs are great.Special Features:
- DeliciousCarolCVIPDined on 7/24/2014I had the very best Caesar salad ever for lunch--adding perfectly cooked salmon to mine-- and each one of us thought the food was outstanding and so was the wine list. I had no idea the food was so good We don't get downtown much, but we're going to make a point of it from now on just to eat here.Special Features:
- Great menu, ok steakBaldFoodieDined on 7/21/2014Great menu with lots of options. Service was good too. But I chose the NY Prime and the cut of meat wasn't good. Very chewy. I battled on for a while but ended up leaving half. Truffle Mac n cheese was terrific but creamed spinach was too creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Arcadia definitely exceeded our expectations. Nice calm ambiance and great tasting food. A bit pricey when adding sides and desert, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Food quality not the same!LuvfoodDined on 7/17/2014I've been to Arcadia about 5 years ago, and it was one of my favorite restaurants in San Jose. The rib eye was as good as any steak houses in the area, but nothing to rave about. The corn soup had no flavor, the fries was not as good as before, but the duck spring rolls where pretty good. Our Server forgot to place our order for our onion rings, he said he's been there since they first opened, I guess he's just tired working there with the kind of service we've experienced. If you have been to Arcadia in the past, don't expect the same excellent experience you've had in the past. If you want something better than The Cattle Company and want to pay double the price, with better ambiance head over to Arcadia!
- Delicious!MollybeeDined on 7/17/2014We had tickets to the theater so stopped here beforehand. Delicious food and great service. Had the heirloom salad to start then we all had different entrees and sides. Scallops, short ribs and flank steak were amazing. The sides were oh so good! Creamed spinach (with bacon ofcourse), grilled asparagus and how could I forget the truffle mac-n-cheese - yum! I thought for sure a bread basket was on its way and I was delightfully surprised with duck fat fries...oh goodness me - so good! Quick walk to the theater and easy to get out. My only downfall: Didn't realize they only validated if you parked in Marriott (only downside since we parked in the garage next door and paid for it $$). But so worth the stop!Special Features:
- Great Experience at Arcadiatwhitaker33Dined on 7/17/2014We did a business lunch here and it was perfect. It wasn't crowded, our table was large and comfortable, the food was excellent and my guests were so pleased because they had heard of this place but never eaten there, so it was a hit.Special Features:
- Arcadia has delicious fishaaaaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had a great experience at Arcadia. I know this is a steak place, but we ordered the cod. It was some of the best we have eaten! We also ordered the wedge salad, and tomato salad with buratta cheese. Both were delicious. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. He brought us a taste of two Pinot's we were not familiar with. We were there for an early dinner before the theater. Arcadia is not inexpensive, but our food and service were well worth the money. I'm sure we will return.Special Features:
- Suited us well.HappyhappyhappyDined on 7/12/2014Everyone congratulated us and that made it special, along with the special dessert at the end. Steaks were amazing and sides were delicious thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchMondyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Although they have a brunch buffet I opted to order of the menu. I want6ed to try the eggs benedict and was glad I did. My meal was excellent and the hollandaise was a big part of it. It was buttery and spicy a great compliment to the perfectly cooked eggs. The service was outstanding too. Even though it was rather busy the waiter was always there when needed and made sure my coffee was always full. The overall experience truly exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Medium Rare?OTdinerDined on 7/3/2014Luckily we were seated by the outside windows otherwise the central dinning area was filled with large, boisterous groups(many with children) The food was delicious, well seasoned, especially their Wedge Salad. Biggest disappointment was my husbands steak was overdone, especially at a steakhouse. Complimentary french fries fried in duck fat...what' not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegbtfromsjDined on 6/30/2014Went here on a date night and it was great. It was a Monday night, so it was very quiet and not very full. The food was fabulous (lobster corn dog, charcuterie, strip steak, lamb) and wine was half off. So, we had a great, 3 hour long meal and were never rushed or bothered.Special Features:
- excellent food, great serviceJP117Dined on 6/23/201490% of this experience was wonderful - the entrees were perfectly cooked, the drinks were good, the wine list extensive and the service (mostly) attentive. but there were a few blips - drinks that took too long to come to the table (the bar was not crowded), the asparagus was tough - but those are minor blips. the wait staff was friendly & helpful, and the food really was marvelous - fish & meat were all spectacular.Special Features:
- Worst Service EVER ExperiencedMelissaDined on 6/23/2014Had a reservation but were seated 20 min after-similar parties sat right away and restaurant was not full, so this was a mystery. After the manager had to serve us drinks, we had to ask for a waiter who was then reluctant to come to the table (we saw & heard the exchange with the manager). Our drinks were never refilled without asking and then it took forever. We watched every table seated after us get the complimentary fries (served in place of bread) and we had to ask our waiter several times; when we finally got them they were cold. For a reservation at 7:30, we did not get served our first course until 8:40. Waiter never tried to make up for anything, simply continued to ignore our table. Manager was watching and offered nothing
- Poor Service and Poor FoodMikeDined on 6/21/2014I have been to Arcadia a few times, but this past time has left a bad taste. Food took over 45 minutes to come out, the meat was not flavorful. The waiter took a long time to take our order, almost never checked up on us. Request for certain condiments were never met and water was scarce. They have even forgotten to bring our to go foods. had to wait an additional 20 minutes after our meal. Overall I brought a lot of friends raving about this place, now this place has made me look like a fool. And I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Arcadia I will do my very best to ensure no one will ever have to experience what I did and will progressively warn everyone of this horrid experience.
- Great food, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Quality of food is wonderful. Attentive wait staff. Overall noise level is a bit frantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such High HopesMelanieMcVIPDined on 6/16/2014When I made my hotel reservation and saw that there was a Michael Mina restaurant I was so excited. I immediately booked a table for dinner. I was surprised that when I showed up the restaurant seemed fairly empty and yet I was told there were 3 other people waiting to be seated. I gladly ordered a drink at the bar and was seated within 10 minutes of my reservation time. I looked around to see what others were enjoying to see if there was anything that I should make sure to order. I love a good filet and couldn't resist ordering that. I started with a wedge salad that was not a wedge at all -- it was a whole head. That was the best part of the meal. Steak was dry, service was not terribly attentive. Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- Way to Much Money on Horrible FoodSkipBreakfastDined on 6/15/2014I brought my dad here for father's day brunch. I ordered corned beef and hash & eggs over medium. I received large cubes of corned beef, with large cubes of potatoes and eggs over hard. No one else liked their breakfast either. Drinks took forever and did not come out at the same time despite ordering at the same time. The server asked if 1 person wanted another drink, but didn't ask anyone else who had empty glasses. The busser stacked the plates of others in front of one person, clinking the plates and silverware loudly. When switching from one course to another, we had to keep dirty forks instead of getting fresh ones. I paid way to much to eat disappointing food and to get embarrassed for my choice of restaurant.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/14/2014WOW what a wonderful experience. Celebrated our 29th Anniversary and couldn't have better service. The food was amazing from the Lobster Pot Die to the Duck fat fries and the dessert the . Highly recommend everyone to come and eat at ArcadiaSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dining experience! :)BLS1028Dined on 6/11/2014What a lovely restaurant! :) I took a very good friend of mine to Acadia. Our dining experience nothing short of spectacular. The sommelier was great! He recommended a great wine to my friend and also offered us a complimentary ice wine from the Southern regions of Canada. It wss divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bamaclgsVIPDined on 5/31/2014There seems to have been a complete personnel change within the last year. I enjoyed the atmsphere more before.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceloloDined on 5/28/2014Steak was delicious and onion rings were the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hollywinetimeDined on 5/27/2014I brought my bf here for his 35th birthday a few nights ago and Robert (our waiter) really helped make our evening a special occasion! He was incredibly friendly, very attentive, and outstandingly insightful to make our celebration a memorable one :) We had a quiet seat next to the window with a full view of the beautifully lit up civic center. It was very romantic and we thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, and the view! There is open seating in the lobby and bar seating in the back so I'll be back with a group of friends for drinks and the delectable truffle mac and cheese :) Thanks so much Arcadia, and especially Robert, for such an amazing first impression!Special Features:
- Arcadia SteaksGFOODVIPDined on 5/26/2014Arcadia is an excellent restaurant, maybe one of the best steakhouses in the South Bay. It's a Michael Mina restaurant, and his restaurants are first class. RN74, Bourbon Steakhouse, these are great. Arcadia is like Bourbon Steakhouse. Their signature french fry appetizer is the same at Bourbon Steakhouse, in SF and here at Arcadia. If you love great steaks, you'll love Arcadia. If you love going to a steakhouse, then you'll love Arcadia. Fleming's and Ruth's are great, but you can't get fresh oysters there. At Arcadia you can. They make a delicious chop salad, classic for a steakhouse. The Tuna tartar was delicious and done the typical way with final preparation at the table. The bone-in ribeye was great, blackened, delicious!Special Features:
- Pretty averageKevinDined on 5/24/2014The food was pretty average. We ordered oyster Rockefeller, king salmon, 10oz waygu steak with smash potatoes. Nothing really stood out to me. I probably won't be coming back here anytime soon.Special Features:
- Best in San Jose - 5 stars!MikedannerVIPDined on 5/24/2014From the ambience, to the food, to the service - outstanding! Always consistent, always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to star ratingDinerDined on 5/24/2014The food, simply put, is fabulous. Wonderful restaurant. Bustling area which offers valet with the ticket endorsed by your waiter(ess). The duck fat fries were crispy and flavorful. The wedge salad is as artistic as it is delicious. My wife had the scallops and I had the hanger steak. Both were fantastic. The hanger steak was cooked perfectly at medium/rare. The scallops had a delicate crisp and they sat on rice cakes. We accompanied the entree with mushrooms and truffle mac'n'cheese. Excellent meal. It was a warm day so we had Level martinis. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- ACADIAdr10596VIPDined on 5/20/2014Enjoyed a very nice client dinner. The service bot for food as well as wine was a highlight. Attentive, polite and consistent. The duck fat fries are a thing of beauty and the NY steak was flavorful and perfectly cooked. I will at a future visit be stealing a gallon or so of their BBQ sauce? Yikes. Terrific.
- Nice but noiseyReviewPandaDined on 5/17/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere and decore were very nice but it was so loud that I had trouble hearing what my date was saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown eatsWinedaddysrDined on 5/17/2014We love the Michael Mina menu and excellent service at Arcadia. They spoil you with the duck fat fries instead of bread before dinner. Excellent cocktails and wine list.Special Features: