Arcadia - Richmond
1700 E Main Street
Richmond, VA 23223Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcadia - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://arcadiarichmond.com/
- Phone: 8044174005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mathew Tlusty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Arcadia's second floor private dining room can accommodate 45 guests for seated lunches or dinners and up to 65 guests for cocktail parties and wine tastings. Think of us for your next: business dinner, wine tasting, rehearsal dinner, or family get together.
- Private Party Contact: John Van Peppen 8776259132
A word from Arcadia - Richmond
A contemporary interpretation of classic continental cuisine! Voted top 250 most popular upscale restaurants in America by Urbanspoon.com. Voted best new restaurants by Richmond Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arcadia - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not prepared for Saturday nightkritikVIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant seemed unprepared for a Saturday night. They were out of brussels sprouts, the soup, and concocted some version of macaroni and cheese that was not up to par. Keeping the inventory too low, I suspect. Disappointing, especially since the waiter did not say anything up front. I felt like I was running down the menu just to find something they were not out of that evening. Bread was promised, but not delivered until I asked for it. The mashed potatoes were lukewarm to cold. Very nice space and ambience, and generally good food. However, this was a disappointing showing. Not getting the sense the restaurant is thriving - we closed the place down at 10 p.m. (what's with the 6-8 p.m. dinner hours, RVA?)
- Closed on ArrivalRVAWmVIPDined on 6/20/2014Made reservation via OpenTable for 12:30 pm on a Friday. Arrived at 12:15 to find doors locked, interior dark, even though window sign indicated M-F open 11:30 AM. Have enjoyed Arcadia before on several occasions and was most disappointed. At this point do not know if closed temporarily or permanently. Hope this is a summer hours misinformation, but either Arcadia or OpenTable needs to correct something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchLizBDined on 6/15/2014We visited for Father's Day, and we all enjoyed the food, the service and the architecture of this renovated space. We were treated very well and the staff is committed to their diners having an enjoyable experience. I dropped a fork, and though my daughter had a sandwich and I picked hers up as a replacement, the sound of my fork hitting the floor brought the staff immediately to replace it. We were there on a quiet Sunday morning, and I expect that Saturday night may be more noisy and boisterous, but I'd like to return and see. Vegan options would be appreciated, though that is a lot to ask of a limited brunch menu. Definitely try a Bellini for brunch! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014came up from Norfolk to meet a Richmond prospective client so had no knowledge of the restaurant but we were all compolimentary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Arcadia - Richmond reviews archive.
- dinner44Dined on 5/28/2014We ate on an unusually quite Wednesday evening, so I can' say if the atmosphere is as pleasant when the restaurant is busy. But, the service was great, and we could certainly did not have to strain to enjoy our conversation. The food was delicious. It is a bit pricey, though, since main dishes don't come with sides, and the small plates are just that - small. I would go back, but probably only for a special occasion, not just a dinner out with friends. The mussels were delicious, but the beans with arugula were very salty ... possibly due to the lardon. The pork osso bucco was quite tender and tasty, and a hefty portion. Desserts were yummy.Special Features:
- Great dinner!JudyDined on 5/24/2014A wonderful meal as usual! Delicious steaks and a special of rockfish that was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!Luv2dineoutVIPDined on 5/17/2014Arcadia is one of our favorite restaurants and we eat out often. The food is always delicious, the presentaion impressive, and the service impeccable. John is the ultimate host. He is there to greet you and comes by during your meal to talk and check on you. We have sent many friends there and they have all been very happy for our suggestion! It is our go to restaurant for special occasions!Special Features:
- Perfect!ettaannDined on 5/11/2014The entire brunch experience was perfect. The food, drinks and service were exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Took my wife here for Mother's Day, and the decor inside is classy without being overly busy or plain. The bar looks great and adds to the atmosphere of the room. The server was welcoming and struck a nice balance of being attentive without hovering. My wife had one of the specialty Bellini's and loved it. The flavors were good but the dishes suffered in the execution. E.G.: my son got biscuits and gravy; the biscuits were burnt on the bottom and there was maybe 1/2 cup of gravy on them. I got the Arcadia Benedict, and while the flavors were outstanding, the portion (for $15) was tiny. This HUGE white plate with two tiny english muffins and 12 homefries. Another side would have helped. We'll be back but we're not rushing to do so.Special Features:
- Parents taking out the new grad!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014We took our adult children there after my daughter graduated from VCU. The food was wonderful! Our waiter was very attentive and entertaining. Wonderful evening. I especially liked the valet service and that the waiter called the valet for us so we didn't have to wait for our car! Great service. Great food. A little pricey, but a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Second Visit Just as NiceLovemyfoodDined on 4/26/2014This was my second visit to Arcadia, and it once again was impressive. The service was wonderful, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was terrific. Definitely in my top 3 Richmond restaurants!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchCynkDined on 4/20/2014We will remember our brunch at Arcadia on Easter Sunday. Delicious bellinis were prepared with the freshest fruits to start our meal. Perfect omelettes with crab or fried oysters served with sautéed sweet potatoes and onions and a basket of home baked pastries. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easter brunchluv2eatDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a lovely Easter brunch-service was great and we had found out later they were 2 servers short. Food was good although we did not get our asparagus as mentioned on menu but did get a delicious sweet potatoe hash. Overall, we would go back there to dine.Special Features:
- The BestPatSDined on 4/18/2014Fantastic meal prepared to perfection, and impeccable service made this one of the best dining experiences we've had in years. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLadyBDined on 4/8/2014Creative and delicious food. Perfect service. Wonderful! Plan to make it one of my regular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for Lincoln, good for me tooDelawarefoodieDined on 3/30/2014Recommended by my Raleigh sister who stopped here for a nice lunch off the 95 speedway. Nice ambiance, in an upcoming neighborhood next to a small farmers market and other small restaurants. Warm greetings, attentive service. Steak Benedict was very good. Oysters were crispy and fresh. Fingerling potatoes were too good to pass up. Daniel Day Lewis ate here in his Lincoln makeup while shooting Lincoln. A great find that has a cozy bar that looks like it has some business late at night. Worthy of a look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown spot!FMJOYCEVIPDined on 3/9/2014First time here and we will be back. Excellent brunch options, perfectly cooked omelets, amazing crab quality and good variety on the menu both food and price wise. There is less obvious selection if you're watching your calories but as we learned in asking for a special "kid friendly" dish, the kitchen is super accommodating so I would guess sauces on the side, egg whites or alternatives would be no problem for Arcadia. Charming light filled restaurant with plenty of street parking nearby, we found a great private room upstairs - private events would be great there! - and everyone enjoyed the selection of bellini's and pastry basket to start.Special Features:
- was hoping for a bit betterScoobDined on 3/8/2014My partner and I recently celebrated our five-year anniversary at Arcadia. We chose it because our first date was at Cafe Gutenberg (before it was Arcadia) and I'd heard from a friend that the steak was excellent. In retrospect, perhaps I should have had the steak instead of the salmon. The fish had been rubbed with something that made it taste very salty, and it had a lot of bones in it. The wine list was comprehensive and the service was very friendly. The decor was fairly bland. My partner had the arugula salad and said it was good, but he too didn't enjoy the salmon. I didn't hate the place, but I wasn't too impressed, either.Special Features:
- Good brunch, poor serviceRichmondFoodieVIPDined on 3/2/2014I'm impressed with the wide selection on Arcadia's brunch menu. The restaurant was surprisingly empty, and yet the service was poor. No bread plates on our table, or provided when we ordered the pastry basket (which is AMAZING). I ordered the special (salmon and eggs) and asked for the hollandaise sauce on the side, only to have it appear on the dish. The waiter offered to redo it, but when you're with another person who was just served a hot meal, waiting isn't really a good compensation. If the restaurant were very busy, I could understand the mistake, but it wasn't. ... The side of potatoes were good, but not described as either being sweet potatoes or being a bit spicy - things I think most diners would want to know. Disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and DeliciousgreycoupleDined on 2/28/2014A slightly different palate than some of the other fine dining establishments of Richmond. Surprising but not overpowering. Friendly, attentive staff, knowledgeable and willing to ask the chef questions in order to answer customer's questions. The only thing we had to wait even a moment for was the check! We'll be back - and bring friends. Memorably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return!JCVBVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great dinner at Arcadia this weekend - the filet was perfect and the sides were divine - our table shared the sides and couldn't get enough of the mac and cheese. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menu and many itemsmackieVIPDined on 2/15/2014limited menu and many items listed on the website were not on the menu
- valentineslightsoutDined on 2/14/2014so it was great food, but I'm not sure why we made a reservation for 815 when we didn't get sat until 850....kind of a bummer. the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a jokeBalboaDined on 2/14/2014It was seriously a joke. Waiter checked on me two times the entire night. I seriously can't believe it.
- Valentine's Date Night.DebbiePDined on 2/14/2014We had a great Valentine's Day Evening. The fried oysters appetizer was fantastic, and the charred brussel sprouts never disappointment. The Braised Pork was a tremendous portion, but I found myself having to pick through a good amount of fat. The flavor was good, but it was a little bit of work. Service was good until dessert, and then we seemed a little forgotten about, as it took a while to receive dessert as well as the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceSRRBDined on 2/14/2014Busy night (Valetnine's Day) but the service was wonderful & the food was delicious! Definitely going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food! Great menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding food! Great menu, great service, great atmosphere!! We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pluses and MinusesMibiDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day is a busy night in any popular restaurant, and our visit to Arcadia was no exception. They could have used a second valet for valet parking - my partner waited quite a while (as did others) to pass off the car to the him. Service was very professional and warm, despite the busy-ness. Apps (carrot soup and raw oysters) were outstanding. Re the entree, the meats were fabulous, a real bragging point. Veg, not so much. Both the charred Brussels sprouts and the broccolini arrived swimming in butter and the broccolini was so over-salted it was virtually inedible. At $7 each for the sides, it would have been nice if that wasn't the case. I'd love to go back again and see if the flaws were an aberration...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Evening, again.WDMIVDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I remembered having a beautiful dinner here last year, so we came again for Valentine's Day, also our anniversary. Again, every aspect of our meal was done with obvious technical flair in the preparation as well as inventiveness and balance in the flavors. It was a wonderful evening and a delightful adventure in eating. We had appetizers, salads, entrées, coffee, sides, and desert. Every one was outstanding. My pork osso bucco was amazing. My fried oysters had wonderful flavors and were done so perfectly correctly. My wife's fried eggplant was perhaps the best she or I have ever had and was a hugely generous portion.Our salads were brilliant. Appetizers and sides were delicious. Actually, even The coffee is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmMyFaboritethingiseatingDined on 2/14/2014Well, maybe I expected a bit too much. A disappointing experience... Supposed to be good? but it is not that good and they need to work on lots of stuff to improve if they wanna survive for a while... First of all they couldn't even handle when almost all tables are filled and that was the manager's excuse to us that they were too busy to manage because of the Valentines day . Well it was almost packed but it wasn't crazily busy at all. So i didn't understand what he was talking about! I asked my husband at the end of night ' would you come back?' and he said 'No! There are so many great restaurants in Richmond and we don't need to waste our time for this' And I totally agree with him!
- Very slow but worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014All the food was delicious especially the appetizers which were original and arrived fairly timely and piping hot. However overall we had to wait a really long time for our food. Our waitress and later the manager were very apologetic, still not sure why it took so long. Were there for over two hours. The food was very good. Nice wine selection. Did get a free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine listGardenersVIPDined on 1/11/2014We of course enjoyed our tenderloins which were very tasty and cooked properly. The veggies were also quite good, but we would have appreciated being told that each vegetable could easily serve two people. I especially enjoyed the fried polenta and that it was gluten-free. Once I told our server of my gluten intolerance, he remembered to warn me that one of the 4 choices of steak sauces was not gluten--free. We picked a $ 45 wine and it was worth the price!Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseBirthdaygirl59Dined on 1/10/2014My girlfriends and I from the first moment we walked in We loved The place. The food was Devine! The service was perfect with everyone that worked there being very knowledgable from cocktails through dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice lunch here.KEENJVIPDined on 1/2/2014We had a nice lunch here. The soups are very good. The decor and ambience are nice, and our server was friendly. Apparently, Daniel Day Lewis ate here while filming Lincoln.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular food, wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Spectacular food, wine and beer selection fabulous, service was okay, under staffed.Bartender was best I have ever had! Great place for that special outing. Make sure you do not get the table right in front of door entrance, drafty and cold!Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerCharlesDined on 12/31/2013Nice restaurant but my steak was overdone and served cold. Great wine prices. Might be better if they were less busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itdogtowngirlDined on 12/31/2013Best beef we have ever had...just melts on your tongue. Can't wait to take our parents! great vibe and wonderful service-wait staff is engaged, helpful, and entertaining. will absolutely be going back.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve was our firstMariehenDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve was our first introduction to this wonderful restaurant. We had a great table on the second floor with views of Shochoe Bottom. Our waitress was top notch and as one of my friends said "very classy". The food was delicious! My husband said his steak was perfect and my crab cakes with sweet potatoes and arugula was spectacular! We did not feel rushed and lingered over a pear tart and coffee. Perfect spot for a special dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Lunch for 6OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/27/2013Our party of 6 arrived from out of town, very late for our reserved time - just before Arcadia's lunch hours end. Nevertheless, we were welcomed graciously. The discovered an interior elegantly appointed with white linens. We enjoyed a comfortable window seating with cushions. The Reuben and Crab cake sandwiches were outstanding. We all enjoyed the unusual but tasty sides - a rich cucumber salad and a garlicy white bean salad. The butternut squash soup was very good. The beef in my husband's salad was very tender and flavorful. We all loved the homemade chocolate ice cream. As out of towners, we missed the restaurant on the first try as there is no name on the black awning on the front, only on the alley side - easy to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value, great spacesarahrvaDined on 12/24/2013We went to Arcadia for Christmas eve dinner with the family. They tucked our group of six in the back at a large table but the seating was two large benches so there was much sliding. There is a valet which is convenient but be prepared to pay $5 for it. They had a nice list of cocktails to start. Appetizers were really good. We had the carrot soup (wow - creamy and sweet), Arcadia Cobb (great dressing) and rice balls (meh - but the kids loved them). Dinner is well priced, but the food was only OK. It may have been the holiday, but the restaurant was only half full and we waited 30 minutes between appetizers and meal - plus plates didn't arrive together. Eggplant was wonderful, steak a bit chewy, mac/cheese dry. Good not great.Special Features: