Arcade Midtown Kitchen
303 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcade Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcademk.com/
- Phone: (210) 369-9664
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10p
Friday - Saturday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10:30p
Sunday 10:30a - 2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jesse Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arcade Midtown Kitchen
Located at the Historical Pearl Brewery, ARCADE Midtown Kitchen is spiced with a mix of Pearl's historic past and San Antonio's casual culinary sophistication. Something old, something mood, something borrowed, and damn good food - ARCADE is a friendly and comforting mix of re-born brewery past and boardwalk street café that takes hearty food & spirits as seriously as it takes 'taking it easy.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arcade Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arcade Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (74)hot spot (57)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)notable wine list (26)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (16)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- BrunchaliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/16/2014I don't often get to have Sunday's off from work but when I do, I love to sleep in and find a good spot for brunch. We'd been to Arcade before for dinner and enjoyed it so we thought we'd give their brunch a try. We showed up a bit late as they stop serving at 2 and we arrived at 1:45, oops! But we still received good service and no one tried to rush us. Maybe my one and only gripe would be that they don't offer mimosas by the carafe. You have to purchase by the glass which is a bummer because I can't brunch properly without several good mimosas. However the food was great! I had the shrimp and grits and it was perfect. Great spicy sauce and large size shrimp. Delicious! Overall I had a great experience. I love the Pearl Brewery area and will add the Arcade Midtown Kitchen to my list of brunch spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! A new favorite!SamOVIPDined on 11/14/2014First time visit, DH picked it for his birthday meal. Loved, loved, loved it! Started with the pork belly- not our favorite pork belly dish in SA but it was very good. Next came the mussels. Fantastic! Spicy broth and bits of spicy chorizo, it could only be better if they gave you a few more pieces of bread to sop up the heavenly broth. I love scallops so I order them wherever they appear on a menu. Divine. Possibly one of my favorite scallop dishes ever. Slightly spicy, perfectly cooked, and oh so good! DH went with salmon & shrimp hash per the waiter's suggestion. Fantastic. He said it's the best salmon dish he's ever had at a restaurant. They gave him a complimentary birthday dessert. Our waiter, Austin, hadn't steered us wrong all night, so we let him choose. Banana stack. Banana custard/mousse with salted caramel, peanuts, phyllo crisps, and brûlée'd banana slices. Interesting and absolutely delicious. Ambiance was trendy, sort of industrial, lots of candles and dim lighting. Service was excellent. Food was superb! I can't wait for my birthday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunch09foodieDined on 11/14/2014I had lunch on Friday (great) and we had a family brunch on Sunday and the food was great for everyone--4-65. I had the Arcade version of Eggs Benedict. My only complaint was that the bacon was tough--almost like jerky, but the rest of the meal was excellent. The kids had pancakes and loved them. The hamburger was a hit as were the El Rancho eggs and chicken and waffles. All in all it was a great brunch--a little loud to be able to hear from one end of the table to the other. With the noise level round tables would be a great addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dining ExperienceFoodieDined on 11/13/2014This was our second trip for dinner. Although, we have stopped by for drinks on a number of occasions. Our favorite items are the unique cocktails that the bar creates. Ambiance is very lively, but you can easily get lost in your own conversation. 14 oz NY Strip had Arcade spices on it - delicious! The salmon filet with ancho chili rub was also really good. Drinks - East Side (no longer on the menu) and The Last Word were light and refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch At The ArcadeEpicuriousDined on 11/13/2014The scallops were delicious, but the soup, salad, and sandwich trio looked a bit anemic. My companion made no comment about the trio. Service was good, although my companion requested black bean soup, and was served tomato soup. The noise level was far too high to be able to comfortably converse about business, or anything else for that matter. This restaurant serves good food, provides good service, and is a lively place for those who tolerate, or embrace, clatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't see menu onlineGoodEaterDined on 11/9/2014Flash? Really? Because we couldn't preview the menu and had specific brunch dishes in mind (like French Toast), we didn't stay. Very frustrating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but NoisyGdelaO47Dined on 11/8/2014All the food we've had here was good, but the seafood special this last time was really outstanding. They have a menu with items that appear all the time, and then they have a fish special and a pasta special every day. We recommend trying those for a really good experience. The desserts were quite good, too. This restaurant is located in the Pearl Brewery development, with lots of free parking not far away, but all the retail spaces have industrial-style interiors, and this restaurant has done nothing to deaden the acoustics in their space. The little bar at the front is always busy, even outside of meal hours, so it can be really noisy when the whole place is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at the Pearlbibs2tonyDined on 11/7/2014The food at Arcade is horrible. I have never written a review for anything, but people should be warned not to waste there money there. The ambiance was fine and the service was fine, the problem was the food. First, the appetizers came out at least 10 minutes apart. My husband' calamari came first and was chewy. My beet salad came later and was under-seasoned. Next came our main courses. My husband's steak was paper thin and was mostly fat and grisle. He gave up midway through the steak because he said it was too hard to chew. My pappadella pasta was one big starchy ball, that I had to use a knife to cut through. It was cold and completely overcooked. This was one of the worst food experiences I've ever had.
- Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Arcade midtown kitchen is one of our favorite restaurants. The food and service are consistently excellent. The staff is very well trained and knowledgeable. Try it and I promise you will want to return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBentleyeaterDined on 11/5/2014Thank you my GF and I had a great time, she loved the atmosphere and it was ideal for her BdaySpecial Features:
- We so enjoyed our meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We so enjoyed our meal at Arcade. There were four of us. For appetizers, we ordered two servings of the lobster tacos. Delicious. Actually, there didn't seem to be too much lobster, but the masa tortilla and sweet potatoes inside were phenomenal...as well as the sauce. I had the diver scallops for dinner. Very nicely done, and the accompanying bacon grits were amazing. My husband had the beef and pork meatballs and caesar salad. I got to have a bite of each and loved them! (So did he!)Special Features:
- DO NOT GO.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014Do yourself a favor. Make a reservation at Boiler House. Not only is their food better, but the service there is incredible. We're regulars there, but made the mistake of trying Arcade. Food was great. $12 drink was AWFUL. Our server disappeared for the second half of our lunch & we had a what I think is a manager serving and taking our dessert orders. All in all I will never go back. We were charged incorrectly, & misinformed "it will NEVER appear on ur card"...it's been days & it's still pending. When complained about the awful drink, the "manager"'s only response was "sorry". You get what you pay for, in this case that's not how it was handled. Me having to call YOU twice is not customer service. We will never come back.
- Downtown casualAustinFredDined on 10/31/2014Very nice setting, great food, very nice drinks and wine selection. Outdoor seating provides interesting people watching.Special Features:
- Superb foodWenMDined on 10/30/2014The food was superb, but we waited almost an hour after our appetizers before we received our main course. We were a group of 6, but, even so, the wait was too long. Also, they told us they still had the special and did not tell us for another 20 min. that they had run out of it. Nonetheless, I would go again.Special Features:
- Awesome meal!yaceatsDined on 10/29/2014I have eaten at Arcade 3 times now and have not been disappointed. The food is always incredible and service is excellent. They do not disappoint!Special Features:
- Service good, Food okayTexannaDined on 10/24/2014The service and ambiance were fine, but why do we go to a restaurant? To eat! My husband had the chicken and rice...risotto with a chicken thigh which he thought was very tasty although there was very little risotto. I had the grits and scallops which were okay, but the scallops were gritty, like sandy gritty, and extremely salty, so salty that they were hard to eat. I did eat two of the four scallops in the dish, somehow hoping they would get better....they didn't. Anyway, very good service, but probably won't go to there again. Not at all impressed by the food.
- Great food, spotty serviceSueODined on 10/11/2014Our dinner was very good. We especially enjoyed the meatball appetizer. My salmon was delicious, but was served lukewarm. Our service was definitely lacking. We were left waiting quite awhile just to order drinks. Our appetizer came out almost instantly, but then our server disappeared, & we were left waiting again to order dinner. I have no idea what her name was because she never introduced herself. My friend ordered a second cocktail that never arrived, so when our server finally showed up again, she just asked for a beer instead. I had been forewarned about the spotty service, but was hoping it was an isolated incidence. Recommend server training. Overall, we did enjoy the evening--high energy place, interesting food, fun cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeReviewerDined on 10/11/2014Sat outdoors on a lovely evening. Had a great time; service and food were fantastic. Fresh food well made creatively. Servers friendly and helpful. Very accommodating of dietary concerns, though my date's order ended up being specially modified as I requested mine -- even though hers hadn't been requested to be modified. Staff was great about correcting the oversight.Special Features:
- Great food, great drinksSiloDELISHVIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing food and even more amazing drinks! The service is good when it actually shows up but that is not very often. We waited for drinks, waited for water, waited for second drinks....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!rltaillon58Dined on 10/7/2014From the mixologist at the bar to our excellent server to the attentive staff to the amazing chef, our evening at the Arcade Midtown Kitchen was fabulous! The food is over-the-top incredible. I can't find enough adjectives to express the delightful evening and wonderful food. It is my new fave at the Pearl!!Special Features:
- Special Out of Town GuestsCatherineDined on 9/30/2014I was entertaining a group of food industry professionals from out of town. I knew that Arcade Midtown Kitchen was on the "MUST DINE AT" list while they were in town. We sampled several appetizers (LOVE the chile sauce with the calamari), ordered several entrees, and shared three desserts. Everything was outstanding, from plating to taste. The service is impeccable. As I was dropping them off at the airport, they commented again about what a fabulous meal we had at Arcade. It was THE standout meal of their trip.Special Features:
- RicMDined on 9/27/2014The service was excellent. The food was outstanding. Good selection of beers and wines. I plan on returning.Special Features:
- Treated to perfection!homesweethomeDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I are living in separate locations as I attend a culinary school and so meeting in San Antonio has become the highlight of our month. Arcade Midtown Kitchen was recommended by a foodie friend. The front of the house was working like a well-oiled machine. Mica was our server (she was training new staff) and was knowledgeable about the wines, contents and preparation of the menu items and the local area interest. Her professional attitude and sweet spirit made for a special evening. Now about the meal. All was amazing. The sauces were savory, creamy and to die for! Steak was cooked to perfection, yum. Thanks for making our evening one to remember. We will see you next visit! Marianne and Dennis SanchezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuGlowGirlDined on 9/25/2014The tres leches banana cake was amazing - please add it to your regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent culinary experience .fredpeteDined on 9/20/2014food was amazing, some of the best is SA. Catch of the day was fresh, steak was excellent and the appetizers were 1st rate, as were the desserts. Found out later the waiter did not tell us anything about the off menu options (other than the catch of the day). Only recommendation we would make to improve this exquisite dining experience is to somehow damper the sound level. The cement floors and high ceilings make for a very troublesome acoustic combination. But we will most definitely be back and will tell our many friends about this jewel. I gave an overall rating of 4 stars, but it is more like 4.5 (which is not an option). i would rate it at 5 but for the loud noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed atmosphereFoodieDined on 9/19/2014One of the best restaurants in San Antonio. The food is excellent and if you have food allergies, they are able to accommodate. I am shellfish allergic and vegetarian. The cook was able to prepare a meal to accommodate. Very nice atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharingThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't go to Arcade and not order the calamari. It is too good to miss. Appetizers best when shared. Graze thru the apps, add a bottle of wine and you have a great dinner.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014This is an excellent restaurant with an outstanding bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food was amazing. The staff was friendly but not prompt. I would recommend dining outside if you want to have a conversation as it can get loud in the dining area. Once the Pearl Brewery construction is complete there will be a great view of the building and the surrounding River Walk area. Overall, I would recommend Arcade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our eveningCorkSanAntonioVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience at The Arcade! Went with some good friends of ours who are Vegetarian. They asked the chef if he would make them a vegetarian dish since there wasn't one on the menu and he did! They really enjoyed the chef's special creation. So impressed! My husband and I are not Vegetarian and we enjoyed the lamb chops and the brussel sprouts; they were amazing. The only think I wish was that the restaurant wasn't so noisy. We had a hard time visiting over the roar. However, I find MOSt restaurants are the same, so that won't stop us from going again when we have lots of energy!!!!Special Features:
- Cool placeEatToBlogDined on 9/12/2014A group of 6 of us went here to celebrate our friends graduation. The ambiance is really cool and the staff is great. I ordered the lamb chops which were AMAZING and the calamari, which I wasn't a huge fan of but everyone else loved it. The drinks are All more than 10 bucks but they are STIFF! So you get your money's worth... Worth a try at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening - great food (romaine salad, calamari, scallops)Special Features:
- HipsterlarrythelobsterDined on 9/6/2014Very cool setting. Interesting crowd. Excellent food. Varied menu. Place to be seen. Bit loud for conversation-- but will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every regardAYK1Dined on 9/6/2014First time and certainly not the last time. The food was magnificent. We sampled much of the menu as we had heard rave reviews prior to dining there. Arcade lived up to those high recommendations. Service was great. Menu was diverse. Flavors were alive.Special Features:
- Arcade a reservation wasted.Eat2liveDined on 9/5/2014I must say I was extremely disappointed with food at Arcade. I made a reservation for 4 and all of us where talking about Whattaburger after our meals. I had the Texas chili shrimp dish. The Shrimp where perfectly cooked but the potatoes they where resting overpowered the shrimp. The potatoes where some lemon creation that was just gross. My dish was presented with wilted greens which made the dish look like it had been under a heating lamp. As for the rest of the table, lamb chops where micro thin cuts. Overall our dining experience was extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food, Bad serviceElitistErisDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter, Roy, gave us horrible service. As a former waitress, I know what is like to deal with the lunch rush, but he didn't even bother to check up on us. I asked for lemons and he never brought them. When I asked another person for lemons he brought me one slice. Other than the terrible service, the food was excellent. I had the tortilla soup and my friend had the watermelon salad. We both enjoyed it. We both ordered the Chile relleno which had a big kick to it. But so good. The black beans were okay. Finally dessert was perfect. The fruit with sweet pastry cream and chocolate drizzle wasn't too sweet and the fruits were fresh. For my first visit, I definitely loved the food. Just not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arcade Kitchen: great findShannonDined on 8/23/2014we were visiting San Antonio last weekend and decided to look up the top 25 restaurants in the city. Arcade Kitchen came up first and now we know why. The food was excellent. we had a bit of a miscommunication about our reservation but once that was sorted out everything was great. it was a bit loud in the restaurant but it was restaurant week which might have been the reason. we will definitely return and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to eat. And their wine list was perfect!Special Features:
- Lunch with DaughterJerzytexDined on 8/23/2014My daughter was in town visiting and wanted to try Arcade for lunch. We were both pleasantly surprised, our waiter was very helpful and prompt and the "special" was just as he descibed it. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy spot at the PearlbubbadDined on 8/23/2014This is a trendy spot at the Pearl, a nice spot to sit and enjoy a meal. The food was good, but the servings were pretty small during Restaurant Week. The wine pairing was certainly overpriced. Wish I had ordered the burger. It looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieSADined on 8/22/2014The wine list is really superb and great prices. the service is very professional but not stuffy, they need to have a nice ease about them. wish it stayed open later, but i suppose it was midnight when we left. time flies when you are having fun at this place.Special Features: