Arcade Midtown Kitchen
303 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcade Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcademk.com/
- Phone: 2103699664x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10p
Friday - Saturday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10:30p
Sunday 10:30a - 2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jesse Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arcade Midtown Kitchen
Located at the Historical Pearl Brewery, ARCADE Midtown Kitchen is spiced with a mix of Pearl's historic past and San Antonio's casual culinary sophistication. Something old, something mood, something borrowed, and damn good food - ARCADE is a friendly and comforting mix of re-born brewery past and boardwalk street café that takes hearty food & spirits as seriously as it takes 'taking it easy.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arcade Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arcade Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (73)hot spot (57)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (33)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Service good, Food okayTexannaDined on 10/24/2014The service and ambiance were fine, but why do we go to a restaurant? To eat! My husband had the chicken and rice...risotto with a chicken thigh which he thought was very tasty although there was very little risotto. I had the grits and scallops which were okay, but the scallops were gritty, like sandy gritty, and extremely salty, so salty that they were hard to eat. I did eat two of the four scallops in the dish, somehow hoping they would get better....they didn't. Anyway, very good service, but probably won't go to there again. Not at all impressed by the food.
- Great food, spotty serviceSueODined on 10/11/2014Our dinner was very good. We especially enjoyed the meatball appetizer. My salmon was delicious, but was served lukewarm. Our service was definitely lacking. We were left waiting quite awhile just to order drinks. Our appetizer came out almost instantly, but then our server disappeared, & we were left waiting again to order dinner. I have no idea what her name was because she never introduced herself. My friend ordered a second cocktail that never arrived, so when our server finally showed up again, she just asked for a beer instead. I had been forewarned about the spotty service, but was hoping it was an isolated incidence. Recommend server training. Overall, we did enjoy the evening--high energy place, interesting food, fun cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeReviewerDined on 10/11/2014Sat outdoors on a lovely evening. Had a great time; service and food were fantastic. Fresh food well made creatively. Servers friendly and helpful. Very accommodating of dietary concerns, though my date's order ended up being specially modified as I requested mine -- even though hers hadn't been requested to be modified. Staff was great about correcting the oversight.Special Features:
- Great food, great drinksSiloDELISHVIPDined on 10/8/2014Amazing food and even more amazing drinks! The service is good when it actually shows up but that is not very often. We waited for drinks, waited for water, waited for second drinks....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!rltaillon58Dined on 10/7/2014From the mixologist at the bar to our excellent server to the attentive staff to the amazing chef, our evening at the Arcade Midtown Kitchen was fabulous! The food is over-the-top incredible. I can't find enough adjectives to express the delightful evening and wonderful food. It is my new fave at the Pearl!!Special Features:
- Special Out of Town GuestsCatherineDined on 9/30/2014I was entertaining a group of food industry professionals from out of town. I knew that Arcade Midtown Kitchen was on the "MUST DINE AT" list while they were in town. We sampled several appetizers (LOVE the chile sauce with the calamari), ordered several entrees, and shared three desserts. Everything was outstanding, from plating to taste. The service is impeccable. As I was dropping them off at the airport, they commented again about what a fabulous meal we had at Arcade. It was THE standout meal of their trip.Special Features:
- RicMDined on 9/27/2014The service was excellent. The food was outstanding. Good selection of beers and wines. I plan on returning.Special Features:
- Treated to perfection!homesweethomeDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I are living in separate locations as I attend a culinary school and so meeting in San Antonio has become the highlight of our month. Arcade Midtown Kitchen was recommended by a foodie friend. The front of the house was working like a well-oiled machine. Mica was our server (she was training new staff) and was knowledgeable about the wines, contents and preparation of the menu items and the local area interest. Her professional attitude and sweet spirit made for a special evening. Now about the meal. All was amazing. The sauces were savory, creamy and to die for! Steak was cooked to perfection, yum. Thanks for making our evening one to remember. We will see you next visit! Marianne and Dennis SanchezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuGlowGirlDined on 9/25/2014The tres leches banana cake was amazing - please add it to your regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent culinary experience .fredpeteDined on 9/20/2014food was amazing, some of the best is SA. Catch of the day was fresh, steak was excellent and the appetizers were 1st rate, as were the desserts. Found out later the waiter did not tell us anything about the off menu options (other than the catch of the day). Only recommendation we would make to improve this exquisite dining experience is to somehow damper the sound level. The cement floors and high ceilings make for a very troublesome acoustic combination. But we will most definitely be back and will tell our many friends about this jewel. I gave an overall rating of 4 stars, but it is more like 4.5 (which is not an option). i would rate it at 5 but for the loud noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed atmosphereFoodieDined on 9/19/2014One of the best restaurants in San Antonio. The food is excellent and if you have food allergies, they are able to accommodate. I am shellfish allergic and vegetarian. The cook was able to prepare a meal to accommodate. Very nice atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharingThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't go to Arcade and not order the calamari. It is too good to miss. Appetizers best when shared. Graze thru the apps, add a bottle of wine and you have a great dinner.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014This is an excellent restaurant with an outstanding bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food was amazing. The staff was friendly but not prompt. I would recommend dining outside if you want to have a conversation as it can get loud in the dining area. Once the Pearl Brewery construction is complete there will be a great view of the building and the surrounding River Walk area. Overall, I would recommend Arcade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our eveningCorkSanAntonioVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience at The Arcade! Went with some good friends of ours who are Vegetarian. They asked the chef if he would make them a vegetarian dish since there wasn't one on the menu and he did! They really enjoyed the chef's special creation. So impressed! My husband and I are not Vegetarian and we enjoyed the lamb chops and the brussel sprouts; they were amazing. The only think I wish was that the restaurant wasn't so noisy. We had a hard time visiting over the roar. However, I find MOSt restaurants are the same, so that won't stop us from going again when we have lots of energy!!!!Special Features:
- Cool placeEatToBlogDined on 9/12/2014A group of 6 of us went here to celebrate our friends graduation. The ambiance is really cool and the staff is great. I ordered the lamb chops which were AMAZING and the calamari, which I wasn't a huge fan of but everyone else loved it. The drinks are All more than 10 bucks but they are STIFF! So you get your money's worth... Worth a try at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening - great food (romaine salad, calamari, scallops)Special Features:
- HipsterlarrythelobsterDined on 9/6/2014Very cool setting. Interesting crowd. Excellent food. Varied menu. Place to be seen. Bit loud for conversation-- but will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every regardAYK1Dined on 9/6/2014First time and certainly not the last time. The food was magnificent. We sampled much of the menu as we had heard rave reviews prior to dining there. Arcade lived up to those high recommendations. Service was great. Menu was diverse. Flavors were alive.Special Features:
- Arcade a reservation wasted.Eat2liveDined on 9/5/2014I must say I was extremely disappointed with food at Arcade. I made a reservation for 4 and all of us where talking about Whattaburger after our meals. I had the Texas chili shrimp dish. The Shrimp where perfectly cooked but the potatoes they where resting overpowered the shrimp. The potatoes where some lemon creation that was just gross. My dish was presented with wilted greens which made the dish look like it had been under a heating lamp. As for the rest of the table, lamb chops where micro thin cuts. Overall our dining experience was extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food, Bad serviceElitistErisDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter, Roy, gave us horrible service. As a former waitress, I know what is like to deal with the lunch rush, but he didn't even bother to check up on us. I asked for lemons and he never brought them. When I asked another person for lemons he brought me one slice. Other than the terrible service, the food was excellent. I had the tortilla soup and my friend had the watermelon salad. We both enjoyed it. We both ordered the Chile relleno which had a big kick to it. But so good. The black beans were okay. Finally dessert was perfect. The fruit with sweet pastry cream and chocolate drizzle wasn't too sweet and the fruits were fresh. For my first visit, I definitely loved the food. Just not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arcade Kitchen: great findShannonDined on 8/23/2014we were visiting San Antonio last weekend and decided to look up the top 25 restaurants in the city. Arcade Kitchen came up first and now we know why. The food was excellent. we had a bit of a miscommunication about our reservation but once that was sorted out everything was great. it was a bit loud in the restaurant but it was restaurant week which might have been the reason. we will definitely return and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to eat. And their wine list was perfect!Special Features:
- Lunch with DaughterJerzytexDined on 8/23/2014My daughter was in town visiting and wanted to try Arcade for lunch. We were both pleasantly surprised, our waiter was very helpful and prompt and the "special" was just as he descibed it. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy spot at the PearlbubbadDined on 8/23/2014This is a trendy spot at the Pearl, a nice spot to sit and enjoy a meal. The food was good, but the servings were pretty small during Restaurant Week. The wine pairing was certainly overpriced. Wish I had ordered the burger. It looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieSADined on 8/22/2014The wine list is really superb and great prices. the service is very professional but not stuffy, they need to have a nice ease about them. wish it stayed open later, but i suppose it was midnight when we left. time flies when you are having fun at this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous find in the ArcadeMK4meDined on 8/20/2014Our visit to Arcade was during Restaurant Week since we had always wanted to try it. The fish tacos were scrumptious. Our waitress brought everything we asked for and our order was correct. We tried the mixed berry dessert and the cheesecake which were both winners. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AppsRIAU14Dined on 8/16/2014I took my dad to Arcade for a surprise birthday lunch. The hostess seated us at the chef's table and the server greater my dad with a "happy birthday." I highly reccomend ordering the calamari, it was delicious. We took our time ordering, everything was amazing. We ordered the chocolate gelato for desert...again, AMAZING. The service and food was excellent. I will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- kayoDined on 8/16/2014very noisy with all the concrete and glass, its hard to hear a conversation. but fun and staff is great. everything I have tried at Arcade has been really good.Special Features:
- Awesome Lunch with Familyramills01Dined on 8/9/2014I brought my family to eat at Arcade and was blown away with the whole restaurant. Being amatuer foodies, we really appreciated the vibe of the place. My son even deemed it his favorite restaurant. What impressed the most was that the bartenders actually delivered the drinks and waited for the person to taste to ensure that it was to their liking. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- SiloafficionadoDined on 8/7/2014The Triple for the day was not so inspired today and not up to the usual standard. The salad of shredded carrots and shaved celery was extraordinarily difficult to eat (to get it on the fork and to the mouth), plus the carrots looked dehydrated, like they had been prepped well in advance and just sat there. And who wants shaved celery? The sandwich half was good. The soup of the moment was okay. We have lunched at Arcade enough times to have anticipated better. But not to worry. We will return to try again. Everyone has an off day.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDined on 8/5/2014From the moment we sat down at our table we felt rushed by our waiter. While we appreciate prompt service this was over the top. It was obvious they were in a hurry to turn the table. Appetizers arrived less than five minutes after having been ordered and they were room temperature at best turning cold before we could finish eating them. Our salmon dish was overcooked, the NY strip steak was poor quality cut of meat and our chicken dish was nothing to get excited about.
- Arcade hits the spotsfoodieDined on 8/5/2014We were heading to the JT concert and wanted to eat something tasty beforehand. Arcade did not disappoint. We had four items from the taste menu (appetizers): lobster tacos, pork belly, chipotle shrimp flatbed and goat cheese and caramelized onion flatbread. We explained we were going to the concert so we needed to be fast. They took our order and the appetizers arrived quickly and right after each other. They were all delicious, but the pork belly with fresh ricotta was our favorite. Arcade has yet to disappoint. We love the food, the ambience, and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We went of a Saturday night, great upbeat vibe. Our group is from LA and we were in San Antonio for business but wanted to get away from the Riverwalk area. This place hit on all cylinders, great service, food was top notch, imaginative cocktails and solid wine. I had the scallops the were perfectly cooked, clearly they get the talent from across the street at CIA. All six of us really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceSAConsultantDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I've been to Arcade. The first visit and the second were excellent. The food was great, and the staff was just as great. Both times I was entertaining an out-town client. Other customers looked to be professionals or high net backgrounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLuisin2015Dined on 7/22/2014I was looking for a special place to celebrate my partner's birthday and The Arcade made this and unforgettable experience. Food, wine, dessert, music, atmosphere and Harry's excellent customer service made this a memorable birthday experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Truly a perfect start for a foodie weekend adventure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance!Love2DineDined on 7/18/2014The scallops are a real treat and the calamari should not be missed!! Both are fabulous!! Great energy in this place, smaller venue, cozy feel, candlelight...it's great for date night!Special Features:
- Loud but Great Food!jimnjudyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Attractive place with very good service and some awesome food. The only negatives were the closeness of tables and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for brunchJensunamiDined on 7/6/2014I kind of expected better for Brunch. We had a long wait for our food. I was surprised to see that a cocktail cost more than my dish that I ordered. Mine was good but my husbands chicken and waffle tasted like they had been sitting on the pass for too long. His chicken was dry and the waffle... tasted like a hotel breakfast buffet waffle. I dont know if we will be back. Maybe.Special Features:
- Great eveningJNT89Dined on 7/5/2014Booked a birthday dinner for my wife with a few friends. Wanted to try something new. Was not disappointed. Everyone in our group of six loved what they ordered. Wine was good, food was great and the desert was wonderful. Will be back to try other things on the menu. Also will recommend for people try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.