Arcade Midtown Kitchen
303 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcade Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcademk.com/
- Phone: 2103699664x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10p
Friday - Saturday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10:30p
Sunday 10:30a - 2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jesse Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arcade Midtown Kitchen
Located at the Historical Pearl Brewery, ARCADE Midtown Kitchen is spiced with a mix of Pearl's historic past and San Antonio's casual culinary sophistication. Something old, something mood, something borrowed, and damn good food - ARCADE is a friendly and comforting mix of re-born brewery past and boardwalk street café that takes hearty food & spirits as seriously as it takes 'taking it easy.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arcade Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arcade Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (73)hot spot (49)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (21)notable wine list (20)romantic (18)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great for sharingThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't go to Arcade and not order the calamari. It is too good to miss. Appetizers best when shared. Graze thru the apps, add a bottle of wine and you have a great dinner.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014This is an excellent restaurant with an outstanding bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our eveningCorkSanAntonioDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience at The Arcade! Went with some good friends of ours who are Vegetarian. They asked the chef if he would make them a vegetarian dish since there wasn't one on the menu and he did! They really enjoyed the chef's special creation. So impressed! My husband and I are not Vegetarian and we enjoyed the lamb chops and the brussel sprouts; they were amazing. The only think I wish was that the restaurant wasn't so noisy. We had a hard time visiting over the roar. However, I find MOSt restaurants are the same, so that won't stop us from going again when we have lots of energy!!!!Special Features:
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014A group of 6 of us went here to celebrate our friends graduation. The ambiance is really cool and the staff is great. I ordered the lamb chops which were AMAZING and the calamari, which I wasn't a huge fan of but everyone else loved it. The drinks are All more than 10 bucks but they are STIFF! So you get your money's worth... Worth a try at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening - great food (romaine salad, calamari, scallops)Special Features:
- HipsterlarrythelobsterDined on 9/6/2014Very cool setting. Interesting crowd. Excellent food. Varied menu. Place to be seen. Bit loud for conversation-- but will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every regardAYK1Dined on 9/6/2014First time and certainly not the last time. The food was magnificent. We sampled much of the menu as we had heard rave reviews prior to dining there. Arcade lived up to those high recommendations. Service was great. Menu was diverse. Flavors were alive.Special Features:
- Arcade a reservation wasted.Eat2liveDined on 9/5/2014I must say I was extremely disappointed with food at Arcade. I made a reservation for 4 and all of us where talking about Whattaburger after our meals. I had the Texas chili shrimp dish. The Shrimp where perfectly cooked but the potatoes they where resting overpowered the shrimp. The potatoes where some lemon creation that was just gross. My dish was presented with wilted greens which made the dish look like it had been under a heating lamp. As for the rest of the table, lamb chops where micro thin cuts. Overall our dining experience was extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food, Bad serviceElitistErisDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter, Roy, gave us horrible service. As a former waitress, I know what is like to deal with the lunch rush, but he didn't even bother to check up on us. I asked for lemons and he never brought them. When I asked another person for lemons he brought me one slice. Other than the terrible service, the food was excellent. I had the tortilla soup and my friend had the watermelon salad. We both enjoyed it. We both ordered the Chile relleno which had a big kick to it. But so good. The black beans were okay. Finally dessert was perfect. The fruit with sweet pastry cream and chocolate drizzle wasn't too sweet and the fruits were fresh. For my first visit, I definitely loved the food. Just not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arcade Kitchen: great findShannonDined on 8/23/2014we were visiting San Antonio last weekend and decided to look up the top 25 restaurants in the city. Arcade Kitchen came up first and now we know why. The food was excellent. we had a bit of a miscommunication about our reservation but once that was sorted out everything was great. it was a bit loud in the restaurant but it was restaurant week which might have been the reason. we will definitely return and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to eat. And their wine list was perfect!Special Features:
- Lunch with DaughterJerzytexDined on 8/23/2014My daughter was in town visiting and wanted to try Arcade for lunch. We were both pleasantly surprised, our waiter was very helpful and prompt and the "special" was just as he descibed it. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy spot at the PearlbubbadDined on 8/23/2014This is a trendy spot at the Pearl, a nice spot to sit and enjoy a meal. The food was good, but the servings were pretty small during Restaurant Week. The wine pairing was certainly overpriced. Wish I had ordered the burger. It looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieSADined on 8/22/2014The wine list is really superb and great prices. the service is very professional but not stuffy, they need to have a nice ease about them. wish it stayed open later, but i suppose it was midnight when we left. time flies when you are having fun at this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous find in the ArcadeMK4meDined on 8/20/2014Our visit to Arcade was during Restaurant Week since we had always wanted to try it. The fish tacos were scrumptious. Our waitress brought everything we asked for and our order was correct. We tried the mixed berry dessert and the cheesecake which were both winners. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AppsRIAU14Dined on 8/16/2014I took my dad to Arcade for a surprise birthday lunch. The hostess seated us at the chef's table and the server greater my dad with a "happy birthday." I highly reccomend ordering the calamari, it was delicious. We took our time ordering, everything was amazing. We ordered the chocolate gelato for desert...again, AMAZING. The service and food was excellent. I will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- kayoDined on 8/16/2014very noisy with all the concrete and glass, its hard to hear a conversation. but fun and staff is great. everything I have tried at Arcade has been really good.Special Features:
- Awesome Lunch with Familyramills01Dined on 8/9/2014I brought my family to eat at Arcade and was blown away with the whole restaurant. Being amatuer foodies, we really appreciated the vibe of the place. My son even deemed it his favorite restaurant. What impressed the most was that the bartenders actually delivered the drinks and waited for the person to taste to ensure that it was to their liking. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- SiloafficionadoDined on 8/7/2014The Triple for the day was not so inspired today and not up to the usual standard. The salad of shredded carrots and shaved celery was extraordinarily difficult to eat (to get it on the fork and to the mouth), plus the carrots looked dehydrated, like they had been prepped well in advance and just sat there. And who wants shaved celery? The sandwich half was good. The soup of the moment was okay. We have lunched at Arcade enough times to have anticipated better. But not to worry. We will return to try again. Everyone has an off day.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedDined on 8/5/2014From the moment we sat down at our table we felt rushed by our waiter. While we appreciate prompt service this was over the top. It was obvious they were in a hurry to turn the table. Appetizers arrived less than five minutes after having been ordered and they were room temperature at best turning cold before we could finish eating them. Our salmon dish was overcooked, the NY strip steak was poor quality cut of meat and our chicken dish was nothing to get excited about.
- Arcade hits the spotsfoodieDined on 8/5/2014We were heading to the JT concert and wanted to eat something tasty beforehand. Arcade did not disappoint. We had four items from the taste menu (appetizers): lobster tacos, pork belly, chipotle shrimp flatbed and goat cheese and caramelized onion flatbread. We explained we were going to the concert so we needed to be fast. They took our order and the appetizers arrived quickly and right after each other. They were all delicious, but the pork belly with fresh ricotta was our favorite. Arcade has yet to disappoint. We love the food, the ambience, and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We went of a Saturday night, great upbeat vibe. Our group is from LA and we were in San Antonio for business but wanted to get away from the Riverwalk area. This place hit on all cylinders, great service, food was top notch, imaginative cocktails and solid wine. I had the scallops the were perfectly cooked, clearly they get the talent from across the street at CIA. All six of us really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceSAConsultantDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I've been to Arcade. The first visit and the second were excellent. The food was great, and the staff was just as great. Both times I was entertaining an out-town client. Other customers looked to be professionals or high net backgrounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLuisin2015Dined on 7/22/2014I was looking for a special place to celebrate my partner's birthday and The Arcade made this and unforgettable experience. Food, wine, dessert, music, atmosphere and Harry's excellent customer service made this a memorable birthday experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Truly a perfect start for a foodie weekend adventure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but Great Food!jimnjudyDined on 7/10/2014Attractive place with very good service and some awesome food. The only negatives were the closeness of tables and noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for brunchJensunamiDined on 7/6/2014I kind of expected better for Brunch. We had a long wait for our food. I was surprised to see that a cocktail cost more than my dish that I ordered. Mine was good but my husbands chicken and waffle tasted like they had been sitting on the pass for too long. His chicken was dry and the waffle... tasted like a hotel breakfast buffet waffle. I dont know if we will be back. Maybe.Special Features:
- Great eveningJNT89Dined on 7/5/2014Booked a birthday dinner for my wife with a few friends. Wanted to try something new. Was not disappointed. Everyone in our group of six loved what they ordered. Wine was good, food was great and the desert was wonderful. Will be back to try other things on the menu. Also will recommend for people try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backSparrowDined on 7/3/2014Felt like we were troubling the staff to be there. Sat for 10 minutes before being greeted. Many staff (servers, bartender) including the person who looked to be in charge busy on cell phones and not acknowledging guests. Attitude was like we should feel privilged to be allowed to be in the restaurant. Food was pretty good. Having spent spent over $300 for 2 thought they would at least not felt troubled for me being there.
- LunchRoyfrazDined on 7/3/2014It was a great simple lunch the broccoli soup and the chicken salad sandwich on the chefs choose 3 were amazingSpecial Features:
- CocktailsSAfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Sure the cocktails are hand crafted but who likes to pay $13 for a four ounch glass with a huge slice of orange peel in it.Special Features:
- So Many Delicious Appetizers!dmh1Dined on 6/28/2014We ordered calamari, romaine salad, flatbread (both) to start. All were delicious. The scallop entree was fabulous. I would return just for the scallops. Cocktails were also very nice, especially the margarita I tasted. I ordered the Willamette Valley pinot gris that paired well with apps as well as entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Impeccable from start to finish. Everyone was extremely friendly, professional and attentive. Great wine,drink, and food recommendations from our server Ian. We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/22/2014This is an excellent place by the Pearl Beer Brewery. The outdoor patio is charming and the service was excellent. The fare is fit for foodies. We had the lobster taco and the pork belly eggs benedict. Excellent and distinctive! We passed on cocktails although they had a very interesting list of possibilities. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Too NoisyLocalDinerDined on 6/21/2014The good food and service was completely negated by too much noise. We could not hear each other across the table. (We are not old and we do not have hearing issues.) We yelled at each other until we were hoarse. Then we resorted to writing notes to each other. We thought about moving outside but it was hot and there was music blaring out there. I had a terrible sore throat the next day. Very sad as the food was good. Will not go back until noise level is addressed.
- AwesomeRoyfrazDined on 6/20/2014The food was really amazing the scallops and the calamari were simply awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice at the PearlColordogsDined on 6/20/2014Excellent specialty cocktails especially if you like boozy whiskey or bourbon drinks. Salmon was excellent. Portion sizes good. Choices for pescatarians and vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Arcade MidtownMattDined on 6/18/2014Nice settings, good service, good food, diferent from the rest in SA in a good sense....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab FoodWieganaDined on 6/15/2014Arcade has great culinary creations- we had lamb and sea bass and both were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks/ServiceAnniDined on 6/14/2014This establisment has a great atmosphere for an after hours bar scene as the cocktails are excellent! Kudos to the bartender, my date and I each tried a couple of specialty cocktails from the menu and they were all wonderfully made. I think the cocktails are a little overpriced though. Our server didn't seem too knowledgable and kept pushing us to order extra sides. The food was good but would have loved to see a slightly bigger portion for the amount we paid. Leaving with over a $100 tab and not feeling full was dissapointing.
- Good n loudJackDined on 6/7/2014The food is always good, the server a bit surly, and noise level is not good for much conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.