Arcade Midtown Kitchen
303 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcade Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcademk.com/
- Phone: (210) 369-9664
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10p
Friday - Saturday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10:30p
Sunday 10:30a - 2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jesse Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arcade Midtown Kitchen
Located at the Historical Pearl Brewery, ARCADE Midtown Kitchen is spiced with a mix of Pearl's historic past and San Antonio's casual culinary sophistication. Something old, something mood, something borrowed, and damn good food - ARCADE is a friendly and comforting mix of re-born brewery past and boardwalk street café that takes hearty food & spirits as seriously as it takes 'taking it easy.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arcade Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arcade Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (72)hot spot (56)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)notable wine list (27)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fun and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2013Great night out - enjoyed the barreled gin specialty drinks and the wonderful food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is struggling toGoodtasteDined on 6/4/2013Restaurant is struggling to be trendy, not customer focused at all.Special Features:
- Poor serviceMB79Dined on 5/31/2013My husband and I were looking forward to experiencing Arcade. Unfortunately the service was awful. Our waitress was very busy with another table and I knew that I did not want to spend the rest of the evening battling for attention from our waitress. We only had appetizers and decided to go elsewhere. The appetizers were okay, we had the calamari and flatbread.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAjcobbDined on 5/28/2013They do not have a huge seating area so reservations are recommended. The drinks here are more of an art than is expected when out for dinner. We started dinner with the lobster taco that was a thin crepe with a tasty lobster filling. I had the scallops that were perfectly cooked and served over a southwestern styled polenta. My wife had the lamb chops cooked medium rare (the way they should be done and our server did not offer an option)with a sweet potato purée and crisp baby green beans. All of the food was cooked perfectly and with a southwestern flair. The service was pleasant and helpful from the bar to our server. If you do not like the southwestern flavors we were told that the kitchen will accommodate if you ask.Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the FloodDrakeVIPDined on 5/25/2013our reservation was for brunch on Sat.following 10-12inches of rainfall,35was underwater,as was the quarry..the Arcade was uncertain anyone would show up.But we did and they welcomed us.Our food was really great,interesting and our waiter,Juan,from Fla. was outstanding.We are true foodes and this place met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a twistPenguin92VIPDined on 5/24/2013The food was good. We had meatballs as an appetizer that were different but very good. Had a bit of a kick. I had the scallops. They were fantastic. I wasn't as wild about the flavored grits. My husband had the steak. It was good. The vegetables ere great. Drinks and wine wS good. The only problem was the air conditioner vent that was blowing straight onto me causing me to freeze. The candle blew all during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wake up, Management!Truth2TellDined on 5/17/2013I've visited this restaurant three times so this is not a random review. On this particular night: Reservation was at 8 and we were seated fairly quickly. Immediately noticed the bar was open to the much warmer exterior so the temperature and humidity inside were quite uncomfortable. Guests and wait staff were sweaty. Even our bottle of red was served way too warm. Noise level was so bad no one could hear the server! Everyone was having to shout (that means everyone in the restaurant!) Food was not exceptional... We were disappointed and our dinner partners were angry. Sad to say, Arcade will not be an option again.
- Ear plugs Please!MangerDined on 5/14/2013Noise level deafening. Beyond energetic. I was hoarse from trying to talk to my guest. Service was good. Food ok.
- Foodie Gem in San AntonioClaraAnnVIPDined on 5/12/2013I took my mother here for Mother's Day and had heard great things. They all turned out to be true. We were sat inside and were freezing and our host took us to a great spot outside. We each ordered from the Pre-Fix menu and were pleasantly surprised with each dish. The Deviled eggs were full of flavor and had the right amount of pork belly and spice from the egg. The lobster taco had our mouths watering and wishing we had ordered a few more. The salmon with jalapeno cracker left a bit to be desired, mainly because it seemed that they had forgotten the salmon. I am not a huge fan of grits but ate every single bit of mine along with the generously portioned sea scallops. The salmon salad was also delicious as well as the Daddy's Hash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013Love the setting, the service was fantastic (thanks Christian) and the food was great! We loved the mussels and the banana dessert! We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the Pearl BrewerydowntowndivaDined on 5/10/2013The arcade had a great vibe, very broad drink and food menu. The server gave wonderful recommendations based on dietary needs(dairy-free). We were very happy with the whole dining experience. I loved the use of old brewery doors in the decor. I look forward to bringing out of town guests to the restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try...FineDineFineWineDined on 5/9/2013Cocktails are better than the wine selection. Calamari is good. Brussel sprouts are best with the red Chile sauce from the Calamari. Skip the meatballs. Pretty, but not good. Scallops are amazing! Desserts left a lot to be desired. Great place to be seen, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced wine, mediocre foodJjerryDined on 5/9/2013Cheapest Cabernet Sauvignon was $56 and there was only one bottle. Mediocre food was in unattractively plated, a large diameter thin steak plopped on top of boiled vegetables. Blinding sunlight with no shades during sunset was unpleasant. Coffee tasted like instant variety. High point of the meal was a tasty desert selection. Our table enjoyed the banana stack with caramel and the chocolate cake. Conversation difficult due the high noise level bouncing around the cement floor.
- Awesome food, great barOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013I went here for a late night dinner with a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time. She had the ribeye which she love and I enjoyed the mushroom flatbread and the brussel sprouts. Both were thethe best preparation of either I've ever had!the bar offers bartender's choice where you're allowed to pick the alcohol and this flavor you want (spicy sweet refreshing et cetera )it's an awesome choice sensor bar menu is so expensive and sometimes confusing but at $12 a glass you might rather order something you know you wantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happysignoret76VIPDined on 5/3/2013We loved the food and service! The catch of the day with shrimp sausage was amazing. Thanks to the chef!Special Features:
- Calamari best in SAThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 5/1/2013It appears the "filet" is not really a filet, but more likely a sirloin, tough and full of nerves. Skip it. Lamb chops tasty but extremely small portion for the price; three very skinny and very fatty chops had maybe two bites each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I brought new people to theHotsauce5Dined on 4/24/2013I brought new people to the restaurant and they loved it!! It says a lot when you are able to introduce people to a place to eat with confidence they will love everything. That is how I feel about Arcade!Special Features:
- Everthing was top notch exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Everthing was top notch except the steak. The flavor was good and I ate it but it was tough and kinda stringy. My wife had the sea bass and said it was incredible. Portions are really nice--- not too much and not stingy! Definitely will try again just no steak. Also, very noisy but not sure the ambiance would be the same without it.Special Features:
- We started off with the calamarijadlairDined on 4/20/2013We started off with the calamari and the mussels & chorizo, bit very excellent choices. Both were cooked just right and very tender and succulent. The main courses were all well prepared and presented & portions were not excessive. If one of the waiters recommends a dessert wine pairing with their chocolate bread pudding, take him up on it. You won't regret it. Overall a great restaurant with the only issue being noise level at times, but I have been at worse places when it comes to this. I highly recommend AMK!Special Features:
- Great night outside at ArcadeSazaracLoverVIPDined on 4/20/2013The food and coctails are as good as is gets, but the service is what places Arcade over the top. The wait staff could not be more attentaive and more accomodating. The professionalism and friendliness of the wait staff far exceeds any other resturant at the Pearl and is far superior to the experience we recently had at Bohanans. The flat bread with wild mushrooms, carmelized onions, and goat cheese was superb. The vieux carrie coctail was a perfect blend of flavors, as was the side car. The pan seared scallops were perfect, served over a bed of green chili grits.Special Features:
- Difficult to know how to rankOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Difficult to know how to rank this. Firstly, it's quite expensive so it may seem like a "Foodie" establishment. Except. While all the individual components of our meals was beautifully cooked (seriously, some of the best scallops I've in a long time) there really wasn't a "united" feel to meals (my husband and I ordered separate dishes, both had this problem), just a collection of great tasting components. It's an odd experience I've never had before. I think in the future I will come here to buy appetizers and drinks...
- Very modern, urban feel. LotsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Very modern, urban feel. Lots of hard surfaces so quite noisy. Menu has large appetizers to share. Entrees do come with small sides but larger sides are available a la carte. Nice wine list. Mixed green salad with apple, pecans, feta and a light champagne vinegarette was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceSkibumVIPDined on 4/13/2013Food was very good. Staff was the only reason I could not rate this better overall. The staff really seems to be inexperienced and under trained. Greeter/Seater was weak, when we arrived it was early and the restaurant was not very busy. She sat us at an undesirable location and when we asked for another table she became flustered and eventually could not accommodate a change. The waiter was very nice and polite, but I don't think this is the job for him. He could not recall the daily specials and how they were prepared. When asked about specific menu items, he could not describe what was in them. But he was very personable. If you are looking for great food and don't mind mediocre service then this is a great place.Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic cocktailWieganaDined on 4/13/2013Great food and fantastic cocktail menu. Presentation of drinks and food was fun, looking forward to my next meal there. I already went back a second time!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013The chairs were so hard, odd, and uncomfortable to sit in. My husband and I went before a Spurs game and were so excited to try this new restaurant, but we were very disappointed. When we arrived at 6:15 the restaurant was practically empty. I requested a table for 2 and the hostesses approached us in an unflattering manner by replying with "uhhh, do you have a reservation?" I confirmed, but felt that the reservation was irrelevant since the restaurant was so empty. We were then seated in the awful metal chairs. The chairs are hard, cold, and actually make you slide forward as you dine. We asked to be moved to a table with a booth as a seat and the metal chair. Unfortunately, the booth wasn't any better. I would go on, ran out of spacSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed delicious food,GRANOLAVIPDined on 4/12/2013We enjoyed delicious food, wonderful service and fun,vibrant atmosphere at the Arcade.The GM, Winnie,went above and beyond to work with kitchen staff to accomodate our son's food allergies.Sabrina gave stellar table service and helped guide our yummy menu choices. All of the dishes that we sampled were tasty, but our favorites included the lobster taco(wished we had ordered two so I didn't have to share!),mussels (I wanted to do shots with the sauce!),scallops (fork tender and nestled atop creamy grits and BACON salsa!) and brussel sprouts (bursting with wonderful flavor). Josh crafted a superb after-dinner-cocktail to accompany dessert. We look forward to return visits to enjoy more of Chef Perez's culinary creations (and lunch service!)Special Features:
- I like the look and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013I like the look and ambience of Arcade; have been wanting to try it but it can be hard to get in without a reservation. The friend I was taking out to dinner liked her appetizers (romaine salad and calamari). I thought the appetizers were pretty good, not great - too sweet. But she couldn't even eat her main dish it was so over-salted (chicken). Embarrassing for me. Arcade comped us for that without a hassle which was the right thing to do and they were very gracious about it so, very good service. My salmon was good, crisp skin, but also too salty. Diners can add salt - and SA taste runs extremely salty - but they can't remove it.
- Everything at Arcade MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Everything at Arcade Midtown Kitchen was excellent. The atmosphere is modern and comfortable, with lots of natural light. The menu is eclectic (e.g. lobster tacos) with quite a few seafood choices. The lime chile calamari appetizer was superb - perfectly cooked. The George's Bank Diver Scallops with green chile grits and bacon salsa was delicious, and refreshingly creative. For dessert we had the roasted bananas - luckily we asked our server to describe it, because the name didn't really convey what it was. It was a creamy banana mousse stacked in layers between flaky phyllo pastry, drizzled with a salted caramel sauce. It was the perfect end to the meal. Arcade is expensive, but worth it. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013After a recommendation from a friend I was a little hesitant to go because of bad reviews regarding service, however we had quite the opposite experience. Our server was fantastic! The food was delicious... we had the shrimp pineapple flatbread, I have to say the shrimp was my least favorite part of the dish, but overall I would definitely order it again. We also ordered the filet and fish of the day, both were very good and cooked to order. The only downside of the experience was our table right by the bar. Unfortunately some rude bar patrons though the extra seat at our table made for a good leaning post and were soon block half of our table... thankfully our server was kind enough to move us and the rest of the night was great!Special Features:
- Great food and service butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Great food and service but those metal chairs were very uncomfortable. Theyneed cushions.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013This was our first visit to Arcade Midtown Kitchen. From cocktails before dinner to dessert, everything we ordered was fantastic! The Lobster Taco, side dish of Brussel Sprouts and Banana Salted Caramel Dessert were all great, as well as the PB Meatballs, Calamari and Salmon dinner that we ordered. We will definitely return to Arcade Midtown Kitchen!Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013Food was delicious and the restaurant overall had a good vibe to it. The only thing I did not likd was the service. Everyone was very friendly except for our waiter. Me and my sister are 21 so we were the youngest table there. The waiter treated us like we had no business eating at such a nice restaurant. He wouldn't even look at us when asking how our food was. It was obvious he did not want to serve us at all... We obviously didn't let this ruin a delicious dinner and we even left him a good tip (he probably thought we weren't going to tip him)Special Features:
- Yummy!rjgcctxVIPDined on 3/30/2013Love this new restaurant! Will be going back! Not all restaurants prepare scallops well but these were delicious!Special Features:
- The meal was ok but not exceptionalPizzawarriorDined on 3/29/2013The meal was ok but not exceptional. Drinks were outstanding. Really was rubbed the wrong way when we left and the GM, bar manager, and two hostesses were at the front host stand and none of us acknowledged us or thanked us for coming. They were too busy having their own personal social hour. Very tacky!
- Great AdditionDdogDined on 3/29/2013Enjoyed the food and the ambiance. The entree prices were very reasonable. The waitstaff was pleasant and accommodating. All in all, a great addition to the Pearl.Special Features:
- Food was ice-cold within minutesSAATXVIPDined on 3/26/2013Food was ice-cold within minutes as there was a constant blast of cold air on our table.
- The food tasted very good.DebbieDined on 3/26/2013The food tasted very good. I ordered several items from the appetizer menu and the portions were very generous. I ended up taking quite a bit home with me. The mushroom and goat cheese flatbread was really good as was the salad. I also enjoyed a cocktail with grapefruit juice. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. We had one minor problem with an incorrect bill but he straightened it out quickly. I definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Definitely a Not to Be MissedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Great atmosphere, great food. My husband and I celebrated our 6th anniversary here, located right next to the Pearl Stables where we had our wedding reception. The bar and wait staff were knowledgeable, helpful and very pleasant. The P&B meatballs for starters, and catch of the day as main course were fantastic!Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time at ArcadeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013This was our 2nd time at Arcade Midtown Kitchen, and it was just as good as the first time we went. Planning on going again for sure.Special Features:
- Food is excellent and if youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Food is excellent and if you tell the waiter you're vegetarian, they are more than willing to fix something up for you.Special Features: