1111 S. Hope St. #100
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.arashisushi.com/
- Phone: 2137491900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Yakitori, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ken Park
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Arashi Sushi
Arashi Sushi offers contemporary Japanese cuisine that offers an array of sushi, sashimi, robata-yaki and various seafood dishes you can enjoy. With 20 years of expertise, Executive Chef Ken Park brings an exceptional approach to creating outstanding dishes which he developed while working at some of the finest hotels including Shilla Seoul Hotel and the Hilton Seoul Hotel. Located in the Downtown Los Angeles, Arashi Sushi is just a block away from the Los Angeles Convention Center, Staples Center and L.A. Live.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Arashi Sushi - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arashi Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The sushi was good. Pretty fresh and flavorful. They do not have a kids menu (at least have a little rice bowl). Although it was not very busy and the rolls were small it still took at least 30 minutes to get the first roll. But the rolls were very good. I ordered 3 rolls and some sashimi and left starving still. Overall food tasted great but service was not quick and I felt the rolls were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Great prices for high quality fresh fish with some innovative rolls. I recommend the tuna tataki, Chilean seabass roll and the Korean BBQ roll! Clam Miso soup was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great lunch specials!nadriDined on 8/6/2014Great food! Great lunch specials! Is as simple as that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected morealucardiDined on 7/31/2014Given that Sushi bars are plenty in downtown LA, my expectation were not met. Being near to LA Live I expected the service to be a bit more accommodating. My date and I felt a bit "rush" as the night ended. Although food was very good, the service was sadly lacking.Special Features:
- Great Team DinnerBruceinMDDined on 7/29/2014Went during half price happy hour till 8 and had an awesome meal for 6 of us. Everyone loved it. Service was a bit over extended but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for pre-Staples eventLawdogDined on 7/21/2014Went here for some sushi prior to a concert at Staples Center because the stadium is within a five minute walk. Wasn't expecting anything more than average, and was pleasantly surprised! The sushi was excellent, and they have some original rolls that you don't normally see at other places (but aren't too bizarre or exotic). The price was also surprisingly very reasonable, especially for the location. Will definitely come back the next time I head up to LA for an event.
- Food Great, TERRIBLE ServiceMellyDined on 7/16/2014First of all the food was AMAZING! I wanted to start off and state how great the food was. I went for the first time, Wednesday at 730p for my birthday dinner. Unfortunately the staff that took our order (of 7 people) was new. It took forever before someone took our orders, I even wrote down which rolls we wanted onto the order form for them since they took a while. The drinks came so late I ordered saki 3x and 2 glasses where given (they didn't even ask how many glasses we wanted). LAST THING, on top of the long wait, the waiter forgot to give us our miso soup with the 3 entree orders, we did not receive them until the END of dinner which should of came with the entree. Hope you don't experience this ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polite Staff - Food was OKMaxLeopoldDined on 6/22/2014Was there on a Sunday, early evening and had less than 10 Patrons in the Restaurant. The Food was OK - however when I order Spicy Tuna Rolls, I expect the Fish Raw and as piece not chopped/minced. But maybe that is a regional idiosyncrasy. Food arrived in a good flow, the table was not over loaded with Plates. And the Food Presentation showed a good, skilled Chef.
- Good, fresh sushi at happy hourmisangelesDined on 6/10/2014Happy hour at Arashi is the place to be. We came here once with a group of 8 when it wasn't happy hour, and that really hurt the wallet. Service can be hit and miss, but the sushi never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for sushiAllyDined on 6/4/2014Not too pricey, and nice and clean. Friendly service! Good food as well. Convenient to Staples Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before a gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Waitstaff very nice & understood we were on the way to Staples for a game---a pleasure to have good service at a busy venue---Wolfgang Pucks crew should learn hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Nice LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014Arashi always serves fresh fish, a hearty portion, and the prices are reasonable. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Arashi Sushi reviews archive.
- Too noisyRandyTBDined on 5/15/2014The food was fine and fresh. We enjoyed the meal itself. The service was spotty--when I showed up with my reservation, the host took us to a table without greeting us or saying anything. The wait staff was pleasant but inconsistent. The place is way too noisy. We considered ordering more food, but instead decided to leave because my partner was bothered by the noise.Special Features:
- The bestHoneyBeeDined on 5/13/2014Every city has a special sushi restaurant that is the best - and Arashi Sushi is the place to dinner in Los Angeles. And it is very easy to walk to from the convention area! The happy hour specials are Huge - delicious for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than KatsuyaLAFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/10/2014I consider myself a sushi fanatic, and I know what to order. Arashi Sushi is not pretentious, but certainly much higher end than your LA sushi dive or strip mall restaurant. The menu choices are fun, with a variety of rolls. The albacore sashimi over snow crab appetizer is excellent. And best yet - while they offer a superb happy hour special during the week, their prices are not over the top ever. I've been a fan of the original Katsuya for years, and will always stand by the original 2 locations. While the new trendier versions definitely do offer high end and good tasting sushi, including the Nokia Center's locale, Arashi is hands down better for value and taste.Special Features:
- Friendly and AffordableMR90014VIPDined on 5/10/2014Arashi is a fantastic spot for lunch or dinner. Their lunch special is well-priced and filling. We went for dinner and had to sit on the patio because of the dogs. The servers were very attentive and the food was fantastic. We split 5 rolls and although all were worth ordering again I would recommend the Lemon Roll and the Albacore Special (with crispy onions). My girlfriend particularly enjoyed the Baked Lobster Roll. I will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOCDinerDined on 5/9/2014Arrived before the rush (before a Clippers game), and was seated right away. Initial impression was positive because the location was great and the drink orders went smoothly. But all downhill after that! No one wanted to take our order until I almost had to physically stop someone who I assumed was our waiter. The food came out in a reasonable time, but it was basically drop the order and run. What took the rudeness over the edge was after having to stop someone again for our check, the waiter basically threw the check down on our table and moved on to whatever else he was doing. The only reason I left them a tip was at least the bus person was efficient. Basically the worst service I've had in a restaurant for a very long time!
- perfect pregame stopOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014food is great service is fast 2 blocks from staples great choice for pregame meal and drink!
- Go Clippers!NAk1VIPDined on 4/29/2014My wife and I have become regulars at Arashi, choosing to eat here before every Clipper game. The food is fresh, well prepared and fast! The happy hour, which is usually around the time before tip-off, is awesome. Try the Miso Pork Belly skewers, you won't be sorry you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itKitkat505Dined on 4/15/2014I enjoyed the dining experience here, catching up with a friend over dragon rolls. Food was tasty and staff was attentive. Ate miso, tofu appetizer and some of the "fancy creative" rolls. Can't tell how noisy is really gets as it wasn't too busy when we were there, but the large group on the other side didn't interfere. Street parking was full so me used the $6 lot of of Hope and a small side street one south of Chick Hearn/11th. I would return.Special Features:
- Arashi is great! My wife andNAk1VIPDined on 4/9/2014Arashi is great! My wife and I eat here before every Clipper game. The sushi is fresh, they have a great hot food menu and the staff is awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi has improved considerablyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/25/2014The sushi has improved considerably since my last visit about year ago. However, acoustically, it's still very loud. Sound bouncing off hard surfaces makes it hard to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered several differentchicarmoireDined on 3/20/2014We ordered several different rolls, the cucumber salad, and edamame. All were excellent; especially the Korean beef bbq roll. Service was ok; it was a busy night before an event at the Staples Center. It's pretty loud too.Special Features:
- Perfect before the game!tgstm87Dined on 3/15/2014The place was only a few blocks from the Staples Center and was on the same property as the parking garage that I parked in. The service was efficient and the food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableBSteuryDined on 3/9/2014This place is absolutely terrific. I came with friends who were visiting from out of town on a whim, actually because our first random choice was closed and this happened to be nearby. It was just prior to a Clippers game and being across the street from the Staples center, we were expecting it to be packed but we were able to sit right down. The food was the freshest sushi I think I've ever had, "clean and light" would be a great descriptor. It was flavorful but not overpowering and hit the spot. The service was quick, the staff friendly, and sitting outside after a hot Saturday felt delightful. The value for the price was also off the charts. Couldn't recommend it more. I enjoyed it so much I took a date there the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi close to Staples CenterGeeKackyDined on 3/3/2014A great find! Very good sushi at good prices and only 1 block from Staples! Add to that Beer specials every night ( $4 tall Asahi) and this place is a winner!Special Features:
- expected good, received amazingsushiyumyumDined on 3/1/2014This place had fast, friendly, helpful service and rolls that lived up to their description with a lot of diverse flavor and unique combinations. We'd return here anytime we're in downtown LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicioussssssDined on 2/14/2014The fish here is so fresh and amazing. They have creative rolls that are just perfection. Even though it's not expensive or fancy, we come here for special occasions; New Year's Eve, birthdays, Valentine's Day. My husband and I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughHamzillaDined on 2/14/2014Sitting just a few blocks away from the Staples and LA Live, Arashi was a great find. Surprisingly enough, we went there on Valentine's Day (to avoid the overpriced prix fixe menus and crowds) and it was perfect. The food was great, a lot fun choices and innovative rolls, the staff was friendly and the prices incredibly reasonable. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I was late for my reservation, lost my table and had to sit at the bar instead...even though there were plenty of tables available throughout our dinner (not a huge deal breaker, because the sushi bar means fast turnaround and sitting close enough to your dinner companion to hear them). Regardless, I plan on making it a point to frequent this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-event dinnerFoodieDined on 2/13/2014This was perfect for right before the game. They were quick, kind and the food was amazing. You can't go wrong!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi before HockeychitchattjDined on 2/6/2014Great place to pre game before a Kings game. Awesome food, nice people and quick service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love sushiloveatingDined on 1/21/2014arashi sushi was very good, their food (sushi [yellowtail sashimi, albacore sushi, etc.] and drink specials) were great!! =) The service was excellent and its not easily located but once found, never forgotten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpirseVTinDTLAVIPDined on 1/21/2014Our first time there. We live nearby and it's nice to know this place is here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- so yumsssssDined on 12/31/2013We were a group of 6 and ordered 15+ dishes. Every one of them was delicious. Each person in our group loved everything we ordered. It's simple; the sushi here is fantastic. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love ArashiRochelleVIPDined on 12/31/2013they are fabulous--great food, great service, a local special place and one block away from StaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencesashacaiDined on 12/23/2013All the sushi we had was good, we really enjoyed the Butter Fish and Spanish mackerel - two items we had never had before. The place was full on a Monday at 8pm, which we thought spoke well of the quality. We thought the half and half roll was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not greatTaishoDined on 12/21/2013The restaurant was nice, food was good, but they need improvement on the service.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiBowlby4Dined on 12/17/2013Sushi was excellent and the Happy hour beer specials are amazing. Perfect place to go before going to Staples for a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a whimbinca08Dined on 12/1/2013We tried this place on a whim. It was easy enough to get to, but the food left me wanting more, literally. We ordered several things and I wasn't really satisfied. The cucumber roll was very watery, I have had one at my regular place and this just wasn't event close. The spicy tuna roll was missing the spice, the lemon roll was ok and chirachi (I could have spelled that wrong) was very small and not full of "extras" that made it look as if they wanted to fill the bowl. We tried the saki that was on special because they didn't have the one I was looking for. All in all the service was good, but the food was not so great. Unfortunately this will not be on the list to visit again.
- Great find!LisaDined on 11/26/2013Looking for a great spot to eat before a concert? Look no further!Special Features: