2345 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arabiannightssf.com/
- Phone: 4156481444
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Sunday; 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday there will be music and dancing available. Tickets will be available for purchase at $35 including dinner, and $15 for live music and dancing only.
A word from Arabian Nights
Arabian Nights is a Middle Eastern themed restaurant with Lebanese food. The decor and mood lighting will sweep you away to another place and time. There is a wine and beer bar in front with fine dining in the rear. Large parties are welcome. Catering is also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Arabian Nights reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (5)romantic (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Tasty food for everyone to enjoyMadeleinetpVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is truly a find. The service was prompt and attentive and the food was very tasty and delicious. Wish this was in an area that can be a little adventurous to walk to from BART.Special Features:
- psw123VIPDined on 8/24/2014I have eaten here twice and the first time was great, the second less so despite having similar meals. Their meat platters are excellent. THeir salads are also quite good, tho the second time the ingredients between the 2 different salad options appear to have been mixed in one salad. The first time the fried cauliflower was excellent and the second time it was greasy and soggy. the first time there was either no or soft music and the second time it was deafening despite asking the waitress to turn it down. i'm pretty sure she walked over and made a motion of turning it down and didn't. i was only at a table for 2 and could hear across the table well.
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Quasi upscale in vibe and decor...mix of Mission hipsters and well dressed people. Amazing selection of appetizers! Wine list so/so, $15 corkage fee if you bring you own vino. Service friendly but hurried and it's odd because there were only 4 other tables in a very large restaurant. Hookah patio out back. Delicious food, well priced and great ambience...I will be back!Special Features:
- Pita LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014I have been to this restaurant numerous times. The food has always been consistently good. For me, the best part of the meal is the freshly made pita bread. It comes out warm with the slightly crispy exterior.......and when you open it, you can often find a small puff of steam. I come here when I want a low key meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spot with exotic food.feedmeDined on 7/22/2014Good food, friendly helpful service (no hovering and overasking if everything is OK!). Decor could be improved, but maybe less trendy looking keeps it quieter. I'd go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice resturant with variety dishesHamdanDined on 7/19/2014I enjoy the dinner in the resturant.. Good atmosphere their.. Nice lebanees food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic and reasonably pricedTigerVIPDined on 6/29/2014good, authentic middle eastern food good veggie platter and hummus interesting layout as most seating is in the back, would return for the food qualitySpecial Features:
- The following 190 reviews are from the Arabian Nights reviews archive.
- DON'T GOSFeaterVIPDined on 6/17/2014I got to the restaurant at 6:25 for a 6:30 reservation and the place was dark and there wasn't a soul there, not a bartender, not a maitre d', no one. There wasn't even someone there to cancel my reservation since we obviously had no intention to stay. I had been before and had an okay meal, but major service problems. I decided to go once more with a Groupon. Never again. I'm sure the place will close any day now anyway.
- AwesomewickedcandyDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant is an oasis in the madness that Mission Street can be. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. The food is over the top fabulous! Their rice is the best! If you love food and a lovely atmosphere, you should eat at Arabian Nights. Also the service is fast and fabulous.Special Features:
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/8/2014the food was ok. the orange juice tasted like minute maid :(. atleast the server was nice!
- problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014i presented the printed voucher for payment which should have been enough, but i was asked to give a groupon number, which can only be found on Mobile App. i did not carry a mobile phone, hence it was a problem and disturbing. Some other customer helped on her iphone, then i got the number, then problem was solved. It should not so difficult and cumbersolm. Every one is not suppose to have a smart phpne or app. Many people dont even know, what is an App.Special Features:
- What A BummerArmenianBlissVIPDined on 5/13/2014After looking at some of the reviews we thought we would give Arabian Nights a try. All of the dips were bland and even after we added salt from the table - still bland. Lamb was fatty. Service was slow even though we were there on a Tuesday night where there were only 6 tables to serve.
- Tasty, but can get noisyQuicksilverDined on 5/10/2014Savory dishes served with solid service in a storybook setting. And the prices are fair, although not a steal. You might hope for a charming experience because the ambiance, menu, and friendly staff seem like it will all come together. And it can if you are on the early side before it's half full. But like so many trendy places in the Mission it can get loud. And loud does not equal charming or romantic, no matter how pretty it is. So the spell is easily broken.Special Features:
- delicious all aroundvancouverfoodieDined on 5/10/2014very traditional middle eastern food and a very accommodating restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2014Food is good for this neighborhood. Solid. Babaganoush and bread are outstanding
- Best Lebanese Food in SF!HappyDadSFVIPDined on 5/1/2014Very authentic -- all lamb dishes are excellent! American, halal lamb! Best babaganouj, too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price and amount of foodAshwaq88Dined on 4/30/2014The price of food is to much because the food that coming in a dish it's few comparing with the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Nice staff.JohnHeeHawDined on 4/26/2014Great Middle Eastern food in the mission. Went there with four of us and it wasn't too expensive and the food was fantastic. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lebanese food!HannaVIPDined on 4/22/2014Loved the menu choices here-baba ganoush best ever -the quail appetizer outstanding. Wine list could use some improvement -brought my own bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in MediterraneanJohnKVIPDined on 4/16/2014Wow, what a great find! We elected to do a sampling of the Hot Mezza items and one entree. The Philo Cheese Rolls, Fried Kebbe and Falafel were all great selctions. Our dinner selection was the CHICKEN SHAWARMA which had terrific flavor. A huge bonus was the flat bread served with the meal and the olive oil dip laced with oregano.Special Features:
- Delicious birthday dinnerkxinsfDined on 3/27/2014I took my boyfriend who loves Middle Eastern food to Arabian Nights for his birthday dinner because it was conveniently located in our neighborhood. Our server named Gulab quickly brought water, freshly made pita bread and the zataar spread that goes with it. We ordered the Lebney, Mezza and the Meshwahi platter for two with lamb, beef and kofta. It was more food than two people can handle but all of it was delicious! For dessert, I ordered the kunafe cake and asked Gulab to put a candle on it. She came with the cake and helped me sing "Happy Birthday" to my boyfriend, which was a nice touch. She earned her 20% tip. Overall, the food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and wine optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014Delicious food and wine options nice- dined with 4 men and all walked away very satisfied with taste and felt they had plenty to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Great ambienceTheTwoOfUsDined on 3/13/2014This place is amazing! It's really a little gem hidden in the Mission. Food is so so so delicious I can't get enough of it! The decors are so well done that you really feel like you are in an Arabian palace. I'm going to bring all of my friend and you should too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heart of the MissionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2014I was able to host my wife's surprise birthday party here and it was big enough to accommodate a table of 14. The food was good, the meat skewers and the hummus, but they were out of some items. All the food was very reasonably priced. Service was prompt and friendly. This was my second time here and I'll be back.Special Features:
- PerfectLGSFDined on 3/1/2014I celebrated my birthday there with ten friends including two kids. Our waitress, Nina, was very nice and helpful and suggested dishes for us to order. The food was delicious and service was perfect. They sat us even though our entire party didn't arrive ontime. When we got there, our reserved table was already set. We brought our own cake which they held for us in the kitchen and then brought it out with lit candles and sang. And the waitress brought plates and cut and served the cake and didn't charge a cake fee. Everything was just perfect. I highly recommend the restaurant. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean authentic foodHannaVIPDined on 2/23/2014Went with a friend-we lived the mezzes -both hot & cold. Wine list not great-could use some upgrades to better choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Server, Horrible ManagementAboutTownVIPDined on 2/21/2014We didn't have the chance to try the food since Management refused to honor a Groupon, which was approved by the hostess when we made our reservation. For $30 worth of food for a $12 discount, we started with an expensive bottle of wine and would have spent well over $150.00 for dinner for two. We never had the chance. It was embarrassing and we, as locals, will never return to be singled out amongst an albeit empty restaurant on a Saturday night. The server was fantastic and very apologetic and embarrassed as well. The hostess chose to "not recall" when confronted.Special Features:
- Don't trust themDiningElsewhereVIPDined on 2/15/2014We showed up for our lunch reservation, and the restaurant was closed. We saw another couple that looked similarly misled. Gave food and ambience ratings solely to be allowed to submit review. We never made it inside to find out.
- Great service, but was a bitjacquelyngenevieveVIPDined on 2/11/2014Great service, but was a bit slow. Otherwise, phenomenal food and our waiter was very sweet!Special Features:
- Don't Take ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/11/2014I had made a reservation for lunch with a client. Upon reaching there we were told that they are not open for lunch. How do you accept a reservation if you are not open for lunch. Very disappointed. Never going there every again.
- love mediterranean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014the vegetarian sampler entree and the meat sampler entree and that can feed 2-3 people!Special Features:
- Arabian NightsSpanielVIPDined on 2/4/2014You have to get the Quayle!! All the Meat is perfectly prepared, ask for the garlic sauce and the hot sauce. It's a fun crowd and the belly dancer on Saturday nights is a fun touch.Special Features:
- Good FoodFeastDined on 2/3/2014Authentic Arabian Food can be found at this place, have good food and ambiance is niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a few issuesRachelDined on 2/1/2014We had bought a coupon on Amazon Local for this restaurant and since it was going to expire soon, we thought we should use it. I specifically bought the coupon because it looked like it might have been owned by a Lebanese family which is part of my heritage. When I brought up the coupon, the waitress said that it wasn't valid on Friday or Saturdays. No where on the coupon did it say this. We also were surprised that they didn't seem to have multiple wine by the glass options that were listed on the menu. The waitress said that they were in the process of changing over their wine options. Since the wine list was printed on two smaller pieces of paper, it would have been easy to reprint the list. Regardless, the food was very good and fresh!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Middle East foodJDFoodVIPDined on 2/1/2014Their meze plates and shish kebabs are terrific. Make sure you get the assortment. If Pita bread is fresh from the oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014The food was good, but they were unable to make any adjustments to the dishes. For example, one person's order came with asparagus, another's with grilled tomatoes and onions. The person who got the grilled tomatoes and onions asked if he could have asparagus instead; the answer was no. Another diner and I shared a dish which really needed some vegetables -- when we asked if we could order a side of vegetables, the answer was "no". I'm not sure what was so difficult about these requests -- but our evening would have been much improved if we could been offered a bit more flexibility. Also, the website indicated that they had belly dancing on Saturday nights, but no such dancer appeared.
- Group dinner (party of 14)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014The initial 10-15 minutes were a bit awkward for us having to decide between a fixed price ($40 per person) vs. ala carte menu. It would be nice if the restaurant mentioned this on your menu for everyone to see while making the reservation. It just came off as the host trying to up-sell their services. We do understand that hosting a big party is chaotic and their intention was probably to make ordering food easy for everyone. That was the only part of the evening we didn't enjoy. The food is good, service is attentive without being intrusive. This place will stay on my list for "Big Group" dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deceptive and DishonestDrakeVIPDined on 1/18/2014Food was good, service was good. Unfortunately the Restaurant did not honor a voucher for the meal purchased through Groupon. They said they do not accept them on weekends, but that was not expressed in the offer nor was it stated on the voucher. Additionally, there was almost no one on the restaurant so there was no reason not to accept it and I specified that I had the voucher when I made the reservation and they did not contact me to let me know it would not be honored. I find their business deceptive and dishonest.
- good service, good food, NOISY!JodyGDined on 1/4/2014Difficult to hear your dining companion over all the conversation - wood floors/high ceilings. Our server was knowledgeable and very helpful
- Staffing's changedbrandonhVIPDined on 1/2/2014The food is wonderful. But in visiting twice in the past week I've seen the restaurant understaffed. Only one person to serve food and one to bus the first time, and on the next two to serve and no one to bus. Our ticket 'slipped away' from the chefs the first time so it was maybe 45 minutes from order to receiving our entree. On the other visit it took 5 minutes for us to be acknowledged at the door then another 10 to take our order after we got our own menus, and we had to remind our server about our drinks. The other server was great about actually bringing our food, especially when he realized the kitchen had missed one of our two entrees. We really enjoy the place but the service used to be terrific and now is a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.