Arabellas Italian Ristorante
346 W. Central Av.
Winter Haven, FL 33880Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Arabellas Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arabellas.us/
- Phone: 8632931797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday ~ Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday ~ Saturday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Italo Cassini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Arabellas Italian Ristorante
Welcome to Arabellas Ristorante, located in Time Square, the heart of historic downtown Winter Haven. We offer the best Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, created from the freshest ingredients and served in a warm, casually elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Arabellas Italian Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Winter Haven ›
Arabellas Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Still SmilingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Dinner was simply awesome! My menu selection of sea bass over risotto, was delicious with every bite. No fishy smell just a delicious blend of spices (not spicy) that makes my mouth water just remembering. The risotto was heavenly with just the right burst of buttery flavor. My party and I enjoyed the service, the atmosphere and the music. The pianist came to our table, asked for requests and even made on point suggestions. We had a good time and will certainly come back cause I saw other dishes I want to try. I am so happy to have such a place locally. This will definitely be my go to place to impress any visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsPACEDined on 7/16/2014A lovely restaurant to celebrate special birthdays! Food was hot, timely and delicious!Special Features:
- AlpineDined on 7/12/2014Lovely environment. Great food. Friendly staff. Worth a visit anytime.Special Features:
- Special occasionlegendDined on 7/12/2014Arabella's has been recommended to us many times, it was too many miles from our home, we went there for my wife's 80 th Birthday,we both were very happy with the menue, the attention and we will be there againSpecial Features:
- WonderfulLovelifeDined on 7/8/2014The food was fabulous, I had one if the home made pasta dishes. The owner prepared us a tableside Cesar salad with all fresh ingredients. The piano player was very talented playing a few instruments. The waitor the gem of the night, he was very helpful in making dinner suggestions and very knowledgeable along with being sweet person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Where to begin? Was it the beautiful location in downtown Winter Haven? The incredibly talented piano player? The table-side prepared Ceasar salad? Or the Chateubriand? Arabella's was a delight from start to finish, especially the Bananas Foster dessert. The service was attentive and friendly. It had come highly recommended and did not disappoint.Special Features:
- FantasticRikkiBDined on 6/25/2014Printed out our birthday discount certificate and headed to Winter Haven. Parking a bit difficult, however doable. Seated immediately with a welcoming smile. Service crisp and friendly. Menu items well presented in both Italian and English. We chose the Beef Lady Diana. It was cooked table side and exceptional. Our birthday dinner was certainly one to be remembered and we look forward to dining at Arabella's again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class dining in Winter HavenfoodeeeDined on 6/24/2014We had a great experience (again) at Arabellas. The food was creatively presented and well done. The wait staff presented in an elegant, unhurried manner...perhaps a little too unhurried, but not a real aggravation. The pianist was a real treat...quite accomplished in a range of musical styles and a lovely voice as well. Just the right volume to be entertaining but not get in the way of dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Outstanding!FieldmouseDined on 6/23/2014We went there for our anniversary. We had outstanding meals with excellent service. They went out of their way to acknowledge our anniversary with a special dessert. Only negative was a large group that was noisy that should have been seated in the back area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1HappyDinerDined on 6/21/2014I love this restaurant. The atmosphere is elegant and relaxed with live piano music. Some of the menu is a bit old fashioned (cherries jubilee and steak Lady Diana) but that's one of the things I love about it. The food is well prepared, delicious and the service is excellant. All their pasta is house made and they have several different ravioli choices. Several of the items are prepared tableside. The steaks will melt in your mouth and can be cut with a butter knife! I originally thought of this as a special occasion restaurant but now I look for any reason to dine there. I recommend Arabellas to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningJohnnyGDined on 6/21/2014Coming from Miami, finding great food and ambience is hard. This is by far the best restaurant I have found in the Winter haven/Lakeland area. If you are tired of the chain type restaurants and the not so good local gourmet, this is the place to go. Service, Food and overall experience was fantastic. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperiencedmarieDined on 6/20/2014This was the most unique dining experience ever, and I know I made the best choice by selecting this restaurant for a very special occasion. (my daughter's 30th birthday with friends) Her guests as well were very pleased with everything. I give it a 10 out of 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazed in Winter HavenTerraceDined on 6/20/2014I moved back to Central Florida 11+ years ago. I had read about Arabellas but had never dined there before just recently. I was planning a dinner with a friend, and she suggested we go to Arabellas. She had been there for her anniversary and was very pleased with her experience. I thoroughly enjoyed our dining exerience. The food, the service, and the ambiance were all so very splendid. Menu selections were quite varied. We both had the Branzino. It was nicely prepared and presented. And, of course, we indulged in Bananas Foster for dessert. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. I have added Arabellas to my list of "go to" restaurants!Special Features:
- WonderfullikesgoodfoodDined on 6/16/2014Our favorite restaurant when we want a special dining experience. We are never disappointed that we drove an hour and a half from our home as the restaurant is excellent in every way, every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryValentineDined on 6/16/2014Three years ago we celebrated our 60th Amniversary with 17 adult members of our family. We started in the Bistro with drinks and some dancing. We had two great grand children at the time. We now have six. We hope to be back for our sixty fifth in 2016. This year was a preview . Loved the Happy Anniversary signed on our dessert plates. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCrawriteDined on 6/16/2014The service is a bit slow, but the food is DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Wonderful in every aspectFoodiefromNYDined on 6/7/2014The Rest. called to confirm our reservation and noted that we would have one person in a wheelchair. The table was preset with one place for a wheelchair and it was easily accessible. The restaurant is not very large with a fine dining ambiance, white table cloths, not too brightly lit, quiet. Servers well groomed, well spoken, very attentive and knowlegable concerning menu items and wines. Our party had the grouper, salmon, shrimp fra diavlo, double pork chop and veal saltimbocca. All superb! The salad was included and had a very tasty and different dressing. The bananas foster(easily enough for 2) included a lovely presentation and tasted delicious. The Lava cake was also good. On Sat. there is quiet dinner music.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC MEALIronmanrayDined on 5/31/2014Not too many restaurants in Polk County can get that headline. The ambience, service, music, and food were fantastic. For an appetizer we had the caprese salad was one of the best I have had in any restaurant.Special Features:
- The BestJohnVIPDined on 5/31/2014We never miss having dinner here when in the Orlando area. The food and service are the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!GBFLDined on 5/30/2014Fabulous food, service, and atmosphere. We are lucky to have such a fine restaurant in Winter Haven!Special Features:
- PERFECT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONSBILLBETTYDined on 5/27/2014We always go for special occasions... birthdays, anniversary, etc. The staff, piano player are all so very friendly.. this place is a hidden gem in a small town. Their food and presentation are 5 star.Special Features:
- must havepdot313Dined on 5/20/2014The food and service is amazing. This is a must have, the food delivery was perfectly timed. I will never look at a Oliver Garden the same. This place is the best Italian restaurant hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemorlandofoodieDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I meet my mother in law for dinner in Winter Haven occasionally. She lives in Sebring and we live in Orlando so it's a good meeting spot in between. I recently saw Arabellas on a list of top 10 Central Florida restaurants so we decided to try it this past weekend. What an amazing restaurant! Everything was outstanding - food, service, wine, atmosphere. A tuxedo'd piano player provided background music. The restaurant owner was present in the dining room to make sure all the guests were happy. It's rare to find such attention to detail at restaurants these days. I cannot wait to make another trip to Winter Haven just to visit this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Fantastic!celeb8ing73Dined on 5/13/2014As usual, service and food was terrific -- we always enjoy an evening of fine dining there. Great way to celebrate my birthday!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day 2014BonappetitDined on 5/10/2014We went for Mother's Day. The service and food was excellent!! Had two grand daughters ages 8 & 11, and they loved Franco's spaghetti and meatballs!! The pianist was excellent and he played all the girls favorite "Frozen" songs. Then of course they loved the flaming cherries jubilee prepared table side by Brian! Compliments to the chefs and to all the staff! HelenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little loud, but very niceHighNeedDined on 4/26/2014Granted, a restaurant that has a pianist in the middle of the room is expected to contain a certain dB level, but everything was loud...the conversations, the folks clearing the plates a few feet away, the color of the one dude's shorts...However, we did have a nice meal; dinner was made to be an event and that was really nice for a change; we were not rushed through...the food was prepared well and served at a great temperature. Our service was very good and the wait staff was very attentive. The pianist played very well, but his style was just a little more like Billy Joel than Jim Brickman. Quiet and romantic, it was not, but much classier than any place in the area. I recommend the grouper with risotto and anything flambéed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014This was really the nicest white table cloth dining experience we've had in the US. The food was great, the menu fantastic, and the live piano made it very special for a special occasion. We couldn't have been more pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Arabellas Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Favorite RestaurantLuckyDined on 4/3/2014We are never disappointed with the food, service, piano player, and ambience. It is a classy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic birthdayDeboDined on 3/19/2014My husband took me to Arabella's for my birthday and it was amazing!! This is not a fast food or chain restaurant experience! Dinner there is an event, our reservation was for 7:30 and we left at 10:00. Each course is treated very special by the wait staff. We opted for the Caesar salad for two prepared tableside and it was reminiscent of when dining out was a special time. The salad was so tasty. I chose the Chilean sea bass for my entrée and my husband had veal scaloppini with shrimp and scallops......wonderful flavors in both dishes! From the food, service, and atmosphere, the evening was very special for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service excellent food.Mangomic2000Dined on 3/17/2014Great service excellent food. Love the find in a small townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Winter Haven RestaurantLynnDined on 3/15/2014All I can say is I wish I would have tried this restaurant sooner. Everyone in our party of four loved their meals. The wine selection was very good. The ambiance is very pleasant. I will be going there again soon. Please go to this restaurant. You will definitely enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrating a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We were celebrating a birthday and wanted to have a special dinner. We were not disappointed. Great service, great food! You have to save room for the bananas foster. Love this place!Special Features:
- not impressedgrannyDined on 3/8/2014this was my first and probably my last time at this restaurant. It had been billed as such a great place, but I was not impressed. pricey, crab cakes and soup were good, but the rolls were not and the entree was nothing special. Courses took forever to arrive, we were there over 2 hours, which is probably OK for some but we were 3 ladies and that was much too long. The piano player was nice but added to the overall noise so it was difficult to chat.. I can find much better food, ambience, and service for much less in this area. I won't be back.
- Nice experienceMRoyDined on 3/6/2014I've only eaten here for lunch but in that regard there is no place like it in Winter Haven. The salmon is outstanding so if you want a sure bet, that's it. I had the special (braised beef over noodles). The beef was good though the meal was not piping hot and for $10 I would have liked to see a little more on the plate. The bread served with lunch was also delicious but strangely the oil dip I'd had previously was missing and wasn't offered by the server. Come to think of it I'm not sure butter was available either. Overall I was happy with this dining experience, I love the atmosphere there and the restaurant itself with the exposed brick looking over the park. Our server was abrupt and "off" but I've had great service in the past.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!BonappetitDined on 3/5/2014Arabella's is wonderful! The service is outstanding and the food was delicious! The piano player came to our table to see if we had any special requests, and of course he did an excellent version of "unchained melody". I highly recommend this fine dining restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not ben to ArabellasStarmanDined on 3/1/2014We had not ben to Arabellas in a while, But everything about our dining experience was just as wonderful as we remembered. The service was flawless and the food was more than excellent. Our server got busy taking a couple of large orders, but another member of the staff was right there to make sure that we did not wait for anything. Several times my wife and I remarked to each other that we almost felt like we were back in Philadelphia. A great eating experience and a good value. We will be making a reservation for Mother's day for sure.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014This was our second time dining at Arabella's. We absolutely love it. Food is amazing, service is amazing. Our favorite place for a romantic dinner. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRelaxingTimeForAllDined on 2/22/2014Our party of 8 arrived at the restaurant a little early, but were seated immediately. The food was delicious and the piano player makes the experience so romantic and relaxing. The special was duck breast and three in our party enjoyed it very much as others of us enjoyed veal, steak and shrimp. The sauces prepared with each dish were delicious. We enjoyed our flaming Bananas Foster for desert, prepared tableside! Definitely recommend Arabella's for a delicious, romantic, relaxing dining experience. Its great to have this restaurant in our town, and to be patronized for many years by locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked this restaurant forMaryDined on 2/20/2014Booked this restaurant for 4 at 7pm, after reading reviews from other diners. We live on east coast of FL and were visiting relatives who live in Tampa area. We decided to spend the night and have a nice dinner out before heading home. We were not disappointed. Food was delicious, piano player knew any song requested, wait staff was attentive to the tiniest detail. I would return in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Very nice for special occasions!SchuylerDined on 2/19/2014Went to Arabellas for a birthday with the girlfriend and I was NOT disappointed!! The atmosphere was lovely, the waiters were all very nice, the food was great...very little to complain about. The average age of the people eating there was higher, more of a place older people go apparently, but while I was focused on the dinner I barely noticed at all and it had practically no effect on the wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.