ARA restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
2222 W. Loop South
Houston, TX 77027Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
ARA restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonesta.com/RoyalHouston/index.cfm?fa=diningentertainment.home
- Phone: (713) 627-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Peter Laufer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Peter Laufer oversees TableOne, our Chef's Table within the kitchen of the Royal Sonesta Houston. Groups from 6 to 10 can enjoy the live action of the kitchen while the Chef's prepares a special menu created just for your occassion. Reservations required and a special consultation with the Chef before preparing this dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Laufer 7136277600x
A word from ARA restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
Featuring hardwood floors, chocolate-brown leather booths with red bolster pillows and a menu highlighting global cuisine, ARA restaurant is situated within the Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston. ARA restaurant offers an exceptional dining experience in the heart of the city's vibrant Uptown District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ARA restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Typical unimaginative hotel restaurant.kevinhoustontxVIPDined on 11/16/2014Based on some of the reviews I selected this as a brunch location thinking it was something special. I was very disappointed to simply find a rather mundane menu and atmosphere. This is a rather typical, unimaginative hotel restaurant with stark lighting. We left after a mimosa and a review of the menu to have brunch elsewhere so I can’t comment on the quality of the food but based on the limited menu choices I wouldn't expect anything special. At noon on Sunday the place was practically empty. Only 4 tables were occupied. I would recommend this place only if you're staying at the hotel and want the convenience of an in-house restaurant.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014An outstanding restaurant living up to the Royal Sonesta heritage. Our food was carefully crafted with a wonderful blend of flavors. The ribeye was an outstanding cut, subtly seasoned to enhance the natural flavor and cooked to perfection. Stripped bass with fennel sauce was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThreesomeDined on 9/3/2014Home made ice cream (without all the chemical additives) with unique flavors, amazing! The butternut ginger ice cream was fabulous. Food was excellent and highly recommended, the steaks so tender and juicy. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Coming BackfoodieNo7Dined on 8/1/2014My mother and I came here for Houston Restaurant Weeks and we loved it. Out waiter was great and the food was awesome as well. We went during lunch time and there wasn't many people there but it was still nice. Warning: it's cost $8 to park in the parking-garage but the ARA validatesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the ARA restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston reviews archive.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant food it was great! Even had a chance to meet one of the Chefs! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLSConcoitVIPDined on 12/24/2013It was Christmas Eve so it was quite quiet but the service & food was very good. The Chilean Sea Bass was amazing & it was the original Patagonia tooth fish! I truly enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT MEALericVIPDined on 11/6/2013lobster and grapefruit appetizer foie gras tamale,scottish salmon with lentils weinerschnitzel and finally apple galette were all perfectly prepared and presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great Valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Had a great Valentine's day here. Special occasion had a limited menu, but very good. Wonderful live piano player. Coordinated in advance with the friendly hotel concierge who helped ensure that the flowers bought online made it to our table before we arrived. All went very smoothly.Special Features:
- I had dinner when it changedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2012I had dinner when it changed to Royal Sonesta, great service, great food,
- Horrible Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The food was definately below average. It was a huge disappointment. I would not recommend this restaurant at all.
- Love the menu, great presentation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012Love the menu, great presentation, taste all what you expect eating at an intercontinental hotel
- Had dinner with 7 of my friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2012Had dinner with 7 of my friends. Great service, love the menu choice. Small plates to share, reasonable pricedSpecial Features:
- I have been there for manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2012I have been there for many dinners and chefs tables. The New Menu has great new dishes. Great for a quick lunch. Love the soup option.Special Features:
- The food was OK, the serviceFlavorsDined on 12/31/2011The food was OK, the service was great. The chef took the time to say hi to me and my group.Special Features:
- A Christmas Dinner a bit too long..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Great food, knowledgable and professional service. Unfortunately, at 3.5 hours for five course, the meal was waaay too long. This created a big problem for my elderly parents. The food was tempature appropriate, but 30-40 minutes between courses was just plain wrong. My take was the kitchen and not the wait staff was the problem.Special Features: