569 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitaineboston.com/
- Phone: 6174248577x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Bob Krajewki
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: customized menu available
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Toney 6174248577x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Call 617-424-8577 for more info.
A word from Aquitaine
Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aquitaine reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (69)special occasion (58)romantic (51)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Slower than normalKrisVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I frequent Aquitaine for brunch and find it to be one of the best places in Boston considering the ambiance, food, service and price (especially the Prix Fixe menu). This weekend, the service was quite a bit slower. I imagine the restaurant was short staffed, but it took nearly 2 hours to get in and out with 3 people ordering from the Prix Fixe menu, rather than closer to 1 hour. I would still unequivocally recommend Aquitaine for brunch, but this experience wasn't quite the straight 5 star review I'm used to giving.Special Features:
- Not bad but overratedJoeNomadDined on 8/9/2014I picked Aquitaine for lunch based on reviews. I was expecting something more interesting and more authentic french. The menu doesn't really have french bistro character that I was expecting, just a regular item you could find in any upscale lunch/bar place. Only the setting is maybe similar to french bistro but the food was disappointing. The service was busy and not too helpful. Overall good place for a quick lunch but not worth a detour...Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem + great foodAoifeGraceDined on 8/8/2014A special shout out to the manager who set up the requested table for 4 near the front window in the South End Aquitaine. While I always enjoy the food here, on Friday in August, the fish and the special salad of tomato, cucumber, olives with a buttermilk swish on the side, were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try too hard and failLaurieVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was generally bland or not good. The worst was a strawberry shortcake for dessert. I could takes the granules of sugar in the whipped cream! The biscuit base was overly sweet and the strawberries were covered in a sugar sauce. The location and atmosphere are great. But it is a poor attempt to be a French bistro.
- AQUITAINELebevoVIPDined on 8/4/2014A neighborhood gem, the ideal spot for that leisurely business lunch.Special Features:
- A lovely brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Aquitaine for brunch last Sunday. The restaurant ambience was cute and quaint -- great for a girls' brunch -- and the food itself was very good. The service was great -- professional and yet personable. We'll be dining here again!Special Features:
- DeliciousAlebard65Dined on 8/3/2014The food at aquitaine was divine. I went in for a late dinner as well as an early brunch. Both were fantastic. They always made sure my drink was filled to the brim whether it was the coffee or the sparkling water and the service in general was fantastic. I got the arctic char and that was fantastic!! No complaints at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choicecaryndVIPDined on 8/1/2014Perfect evening with great menu choices and everything well prepared. One star was deducted only because it became very hot in the dining room for my heat intolerable husband. We had a memorable dining experience for my daughters birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was excellent, as always. Service was wonderful (Marsio is a great server). A great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back to AquitaineAquitaineDomainDined on 7/30/2014I got my table at 8:30PM near a window - just perfectly using OpenTable. The service was efficient with the support staff making sure we were greeted and seated quickly. While the waiter was friendly, she was only initially attentive taking much more time to come in and check on our progress as the night progressed. I found myself rubber-necking several times to try and finder her. It was a busy night and she had at least 2 parties of 6 or more to work with - so that's probably why. The food was hot and delicious when delivered. The wine list, though limited completely impressed my French colleague. Valet parking was courteous and efficient as well. Overall it was a fine experience and priced appropriately. I'm definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Poor serviceTinaKDined on 7/23/2014Had a 6:30 pm reservation. We were seated right away, but the service was so slow that we didn't finish our meals until 9:30pm. We waited at least 45 minutes after our soup and salads before our entrees were served. The waiter had to be asked three times to bring the dessert that was ordered at the beginning of the meal and part of a three-course dinner.
- DisapointmentDisapointmentVIPDined on 7/23/2014The quality of food has gone downhill over the past six months. Service and ambiance is great but the kitchen just can't seem to get it together. This is a French restaurant and the cooks cannot cook a steak correctly. Three times on separate occasions we have ordered steak and it is either overdone or underdone. The presentation and food selections do not come out looking appetizing. This used to be our neighborhood go-to restaurant but enough is enough.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedPharyDined on 7/21/2014We made reservations for a 9:30pm dinner. They closed at 10? Not sure if the food was cooked, rushed, but every appetizer I ate was either plain, no flavor, or really salty. We ordered the bone marrow, the foie gras, very disappointed, escargots, very salty, and another I can't recall. For my entree, I ordered the steak frites. The steak was cooked perfectly and the fries were probably the best thing we had at the table. I don't think I would go back. But I heard their brunch was goodSpecial Features:
- Great for brunchMartyDined on 7/20/2014Eggs benedict are very good. And try their St. Cloud cocktail…vodka, grapefruit juice and basil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch strict rulesWhateva783VIPDined on 7/20/2014Service was good with one exception. We were seated at 11 and the brunch prefixe ended at 11 and there were no butts about it, seemed unnecessarily strict and frustrating way to start a nice Sunday. At least have an option of piecing the items together that are on the menu for a higher price or a la carte. Food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greati fyou like cold eggswhomecoachVIPDined on 7/20/2014besides waiting 5 minutes for the staff to provide water, another 5 for coffee, another 5 for cream for the coffee, another 10 to take an order, and cold eggs arriving with no one stopping by to see how things were, it was an enjoyable brunch.
- Great againncs24Dined on 7/17/2014It is my second time there, first I went in a romantic dinner which was great, and now I went with my family. Perfect for both occasions, food was delicious and service was great. We had the raclette as appetizer the sausage and the fish of the day for entree and the crepes with chocolate mousse for dessert. The cocktails where also excellent.Special Features:
- Great meal!!littlenattyDined on 7/16/2014Food was delicious and staff was very friendly. My only complaint was that it took >45 mins for our entrees to come out. They were in fact worth the wait, but we were very hungry in the meantime!I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch meetingMurrayDined on 7/8/2014this is a fine place for meeting a friend or associate - good food, nice location
- FantasticElizabethandJustinDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I brought family to dine at Aquitaine last Saturday after an unpleasant experience at Legal Harborside. Our server Juliana went out of her way to provide amazing service and the food was fantastic. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereDarveedoDined on 7/2/2014They have created a good atmosphere for dinner. You will enjoy itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LIfoodieDined on 7/2/2014We had another amazing meal at Aquitaine last weeK....this place never disappoints! The food, service, and cocktails are always fantastic. Try the mussels, sole, ...and definitely save room for dessert!Special Features:
- disappointingflyfishDined on 7/2/2014We have eaten at Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill many times. Quite good. Aquitaine on Tremont was very disappointing. Service was fine. Food was poor. Shrimp bisque had little shrimp flavor despite the color. The three shrimp were tough and tasted highly of iodine. Sea bass was overcooked and dry. Salad andf chicken were both OK.
- Excellent pre-theater mealAquitaine0627Dined on 6/27/2014Although we were time-limited, the dishes arrived at well spaced intervals. The service was excellent, knowledgable but unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater Find2togoVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a pre-theater dinner for four on a Friday night which couldn't have gone better. The food was terrific (as always), our server made sure we made our 8pm showtime without feeling rushed, and their valet attendant got us a taxi for the easy ride down Tremont Street to the theater. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2014Great for Brunch. Would go again. Amazing food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Bon appetitFoodie6VIPDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I came here with another couple and loved it. We were able to have a nice, leisurely brunch complete with great service. The cocktails were delicious and the food was near perfection - I asked for my omelette cooked lightly and it was, and so tasty! Looking forward to returning for another great meal in the near future!Special Features:
- Brunch SaturdayCleden29Dined on 6/21/2014As a southender Aquitaine is one of those places where you expect some level of quality. I took a croque Madame which not only look terrible , breads dipped into fat and toasted, a tiny bit of ham and a tiny egg. In total 2 bites 3 at max for this dish. Fries we're hit looking or tasting any better. Staff polite but totally not into their job. Quite a bad experience.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous Visit!SheWhoMustBeObeyedDined on 6/19/2014Three of us enjoyed a wonderful dinner - this place is always great - food and service. The staff really knows how to pamper you. We always get the table we request and they know our favorite wait person and assign that individual to us. We always feel that we are welcomed "home". We each had two drinks, a starter and an entree and the price per diner was $79. I think that is very reasonable for an exceptional dining experience! We'll be back!! -- Barbara WilliamsSpecial Features:
- DynahVIPDined on 6/18/2014We have had many scrumptious dinners here. The food is fabulous and the service is attentive and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014Our second visit to Aquitaine did not disappoint. They are friendly and attentive. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- Lousy hostess at receptionWaterDined on 6/15/2014The main reason I gave a 2-star rating was mainly due our experience with the hostess at the reception. I made the reservation thru open table and arrived on time. Unfortunately, the lady at the reception gave our table away to a walk-in party. We ended up have to wait for 20 minutes before being seated. Our party of 3 was being seated at a small table that fits comfortably for 2 adults. As such, we had to ask for another table. Unpleasant experience ... The brunch was average (3-star) in terms of taste, but I like the portion, which was not too big. The bright side was our server. She was very pleasant and attentive. Will I go back again? Probably not, parking was also a pain.
- Better than last time!StephenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Third time this week. That good. That enough (characters)?Special Features:
- Feels like a Paris restaurantCWL7VIPDined on 6/13/2014The menu is creative, mixing ingredients and flavors in new and surprising ways. There are the traditional offerings one would find in France that taste as one expects them to taste and but with an interesting innovation. The professionalism of the wait staff and the inventive, delicious offerings on the menu make one feel as though one is in Paris. The portion sizes are just right. You can expect a delicious meal and pleasant experience at Aquitaine. And you can pretend you are in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh myStephenVIPDined on 6/11/2014So good I went back again. And might go for three times this week.Special Features:
- DisappointingTryingnewplacesVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went for dinner with a group of 6 and we all agreed the meal was a huge disappointment. Food was over seasoned and over sauced, service was rude and slow. Best part of the night was the wine.
- Not for brunch.ChrisVIPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant has been very good for years and I assume is still great for dinner (there is a new chef) but brunch is like a frat party! Loud music, bad service and the food was just ok. I won't be back for brunch.
- A disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/4/2014A chic Parisian bistro and a fine menu...but disappointed an eager group of diners on many accounts. The seating was uncomfortably crowded. The main courses took over an hour to be served - this was a problem for those who did not order an appetizer. I sampled several dishes - the shortribs were served lukewarm and were not memorable, the special lamb shank was also tepid and dry and the side dishes bland and the seabass was quite dry. Overall, a very disappointing meal that was overpriced and served by a wait staff that appeared stressed. We had dined at Aquitaine several times in the past and will not return.
- Wonderful mealBostonphotobillVIPDined on 6/4/2014We have eaten here many times. Very good bistro food and great service.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing!DotregularVIPDined on 6/1/2014As fans of French food, we were looking forward to a terrific meal. However, the food was really only so-so. Our soups and entrees were just too salty! We both started with the Shrimp bisque, and then I had the steak frites while my daughter had the duck ravioli. So, we were disappointed in the food. Probably won't go back; instead we will stick with their other restaurant, Gaslight. Great food there! We did have a wonderful evening, the service was excellent and the wine was great too. Dessert, the creme brulee, was fine.Special Features: