Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
500 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainededham.com/
- Phone: (781) 471-5212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30AM-4:00PM
Brunch: Sunday 10:00AM-4PM
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4PM-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jarod Desroches
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Glionna and manager on duty 781-471-5212 x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Call 781-471-5212 for more info.
A word from Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (28)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)romantic (14)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- very disappointed with menupattyDined on 11/23/2014Very disappointed that on Sunday they only serve an American style brunch. When I go to a French bistro I expect French food..pate,onion soup, steak frites...no such luck here. Had we known we could only get pancakes or eggs we would have gone to IHOP. The place was packed with only 3 servers so we waited quite awhile as well. Our server was very nice and helpful. He did ask if we could get steak frites and we were turned down. We settled for steak and eggs and the steak was very tiny. For $20.00 I usually expect more than 3 bites of meat. The steak was however cooked very well and the food was presented nicely. I would not return here...at least not on a Sunday.Special Features:
- ConsistentTenaftertenVIPDined on 11/22/2014My ribeye was outstanding and my dates filet looked great as well. Medium well actually. Split some vegetables and the garlic mashed were smooth and well seasoned. Creme brûlée was a nice finish. A bit on the expensive side for a shopping mall restaurant but money aside, well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is consistently slowJennVIPDined on 11/21/2014We eat here a lot for dinner and more because the location is covenient and located near shopping. Brunch is by far the best bet. The variety of menu items is limited. There are few vegetarian options and no vegan options. The prices are a bit high for the small portions. That said, the ambiance is great. Dark, smallish and loud. Sit at the bar for drinks and oyster happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At times it sounded like Chucky Cheese -- LOUD!VAMCCVIPDined on 11/20/2014The food and service were terrific as always - but we were very disappointed to have a table of 12-14 people seated in the aisle next to us. And the group did not seem to appreciate that they were not in a private room -- where they should have been. Management should not have allowed such a large group to impede others from enjoying a pleasant (and fairly pricey) dinner & conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodfirstVIPDined on 11/14/2014If I wanted to write something I would. Do not force us to write something when I don'tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Server, Stephen, was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014Over priced flavorless food. Manhattan overpriced and not well made.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!WabanJaneDined on 11/9/2014Great service, charming ambiance, wonderful food.m It was a Sunday night, so the atmosphere and noise level probably were a little more relaxed than might be on a Friday. We were notifications n a rush and took our time through a bottle of wine and several courses. It was great. I've been to the bar in this location before and it's comfortable and fun. It's a great restaurant. Give it a try!Special Features:
- LunchBlondie419VIPDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed lunch on a Friday afternoon. Service, food and atmosphere was all terrific. The staff was very friendly. The noise level was great to be able to have a conversation and not scream to each other was a huge bonus. I can always count on having a lovely lunch here. The portions were very generous and presentation was nicely doneSpecial Features:
- Second Time Aroundluv2eatDined on 11/3/2014Went to this location last year to celebrate my sister's birthday and figured, "let's do it again" this year. It was quiet Monday night and the service was good. I'm a fan of Mahi Mahi but it was overcooked. :-( The birthday girl ordered the Filet of Sole and that was overcooked too! Thank God she enjoyed the corn succotash and the crème brulee dessert more than made up for entrée errors. My friend order the chicken entrée and found that to be a bit salty. This may not deter us from returning to this location but please prepare the entrees correctly next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food at aquitanehighexpectationsVIPDined on 11/3/2014Yuck, I had beet salad. I ordered shrimp but got chicken. It was OK, I like chicken. Chicken tasted like it had freezer burn and then cooked. My friend had chicken salad, chicken was dry. Our server was very nice, bread was good but I won't go back. I'll have Lean Cuisine instead.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2014Unfortunately i didn't love my choice, it was fair but I'll give it another try for sure, the service was good and it was quiet enough one could carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Standard has droppedmimiVIPDined on 10/26/2014Very disappointed with service and the food, the soups came out luke warm. the hamburgers were red, we ordered medium well, instead of recooking new ones they recooked the old ones. Not at all happy with experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Service is not its finest. Disappointed for the price we paid.food is okay- I've had betterSpecial Features:
- a favoritehappyscotsDined on 10/24/2014We took some guests with us this time. Form the time we entered when they seated us with a request for a booth, to our dessert, it was a wonderful experience. Our guest are seasoned diners and they said they would return in a heartbeat. It was a delicious meal and completely unhurried. That in itself is so rare these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great; service wasn't.ciaobellaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had to ask for bread mid way thru appetizers/salad. Asked for coffee to arrive before dessert. Waiter put order in all at once. So coffee did come first then dessert which was supposed to be a hot apple tartin wasn't even warm. No refills offered on coffee and bill was slow in arriving. We will return to this restaurant because the food is so good but will only tolerate service issues one more time before bailing on this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outVtnguyen2Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great dining experience for my cousin's birthday dinner. She loved it and we had a great time! Food here never disappoints! Thank you!Special Features:
- ChefsPastrychef411Dined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I both graduated from culinary school and we both appreciate great food. Sometimes it can be hard to find a restaurant that can also please a chef, but the food here is fantastic. It is a bit noisy but the food is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be cleanerHeatherVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were seated next to a take with dirty plates and a stack of napkins it appeared the staff had yet to fold. I assume the staff was eating and folding (gross) but the table was unattended while we sat next to it looking at the mess. There were also forks and French fries on the ground. I usually like this place but it was a real turn off. If the dining room is dirty you never know about the kitchen. Food was so so. I was very disappointed
- awful experiencejjjjVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our waitress was terrible. She forgot my husbands juiceeven though we asked her for it 3 times, the same for his bloody mary drink. She was very unattentive. Never asked if we wanted dessert or anything else. It was busy but there was no excuse for her inattentiveness to us. This was not our first time there for brunch/lunch but it will probably be our last.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014My husband and I went to Aquitaine on Thursday night. We went early and it was quiet and relaxing. Our server Lindsay was very attentive and went to the chief when we had any questions about the menu. We started with oysters on the half shell. I had the seared scallops and my husband had the wild boar. Both entries were excellent. We have been to Aquitaine several times and this visit was one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic Trainwreck TodayAiredaleVIPDined on 10/1/2014If today was my only experience, I'd never recommend or return. It was, however, not my first time at Aquitaine so I'd like to think this was just a VERY bad day. Our reservation was at 1pm and were told we had to wait 15 minutes for a table. We went to the bar, where we bumped into a couple storming out over bad service. At the bar, we were given menus and the bartender literally disappeared to serve tables for 10 minutes. Seriously, alone at the bar. Then we were told they had no soda in the restaurant. We were seated, waitress was nice, but took 10 more minutes to order a drink, 20 minutes to get bread, and then the order wasn't right and they checked the order to make sure we were indeed right. Hostess was obnoxious.
- DinnerMichaelDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten here for lunch several times, it was just delightful. The food was excellent, service, ambiance etc. we tried it for dinner. All was the same except that it is extremely noisy. I will contine to go there for lunch, but will not return for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice weekday lunchDinerDDined on 9/25/2014My teenage daughter and I had lunch here on a recent day off from school and work. The food and service were very good; quiet when we arrived at opening, but a pleasant buzz by the time we left. A great French-inspired lunch to have before we went to The Hundred Foot Journey at the cinema.Special Features:
- Lunch at AcquitaineKevinD93Dined on 9/22/2014I had a good experience at Acquitaine, in reference to the food, ambiance, and convenience of the location, however, the service was very, very slow. The Waitress was nice, but she took very long in between conversations to bring things we asked for.Special Features:
- It's just an ok place...maryeDined on 9/20/2014Ambiance was good but for the price you pay, expected the service especially the food to be better.
- Noisey but delicioussoundmealDined on 9/20/2014Nice place within a mall setting. The services was excellent and the food was quite good. The noise level makes it difficult to talk. We were in a corner booth that was somewhat open and the four of us found that we had to use quite loud voices to hear each other, at times, needing to almost shout out what we had said for the rest of the party to discern it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquitaineCherDined on 8/29/2014The location is very convenient, located in Legacy Place. Parking was not a problem. We were taken right away and seated. The escargot were great! I had the steak frites. The frites were a little well done for my liking but the steak was absolutely delish. The service was superb. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodwhateverDined on 8/27/2014Went for Restaurant Week on our anniversary. Easy to get to, nice decor, a busy place, but the food was very disappointing, especially since we have had good meals at the Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill.. The "salad" was a few cherry tomatoes, some herbs (watercress?) and a lot of totally tasteless plastic-like white cheese. The main course, salmon on a bed of vegetables used included brown pureed eggplant which looked like something found in a baby's diaper. The salmon was excellent but that was the only item worth praising. Fruit parfait had ordinary tasting fruit with the exception of the blueberries. Not sure what it was layered with; it did have a smooth texture with an occasional gritty bit, either sugar or sand.Special Features:
- Ricotta GnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Delicious ricotta gnocchi were like little clouds of goodness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served Raw PorkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014We were served raw pork and received no apology from the manager. We sent it back and did not get a replacement. On top of that they attempted to charge us full price for an in edible dish. When I say raw I mean red red raw. Absolutlely disgusting. We will never return!
- Restaurant Week Was DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2014The Caprese Salad was 5 or six cherry tomatoes cut in half. So in total about 3 cherry tomatoes were used for a salad which is usually mostly amazing large tomato slices. This one was a big disappointment. It was almost like they had printed the menu and then had to ration the tomoatoes out as if we were in war time. Humorous and sad all at the same time. The dessert was berries and cream cheese basically. Wasn't too happy with that either. Otherwise a very good meal.
- Bad!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was a great place to eat. The food is bad and slow we won't be back!!
- What happened!??!?!KandJforbrunchVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been here before, but this was an awful experience. The corn risotto is so hot that it's inedible. The sweet potato puree was tasteless. Someone missed the mark in the kitchen last night... sad, sad experience. The waitress apologized and took the risotto off the bill, but she also made herself scarce when it was clear that the bill wasn't going to be a big tip total. Sad, sad...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014Lunch menu is fairly limited. Would like to see more salad and entree options.Special Features:
- Decent food, glacial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was decent enough -- the creamed corn and the steak au poivire was nice. But the service; wow. 15 minutes before any deigned to notice I was there. 45 minutes between the salad and the entree. It does not take that long to make the items (I know; I've made all of them at home, and that's not with industrial equipment). The restaurant was largely empty, so I know that's not the reason either. Will not be returning.
- The following 1016 reviews are from the Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews archive.
- DisappointingemlbVIPDined on 7/17/2014I kept going by the Dedham location and it looked appealing, so I finally made a reservation to take my husband, who loves French food. The whole experience was a bit of a disaster. We could see others being served around us, and when bread was brought out it seemed like it went to every table except for ours. It took the hostess getting someone's attention for someone to come and take our drink order, and so it was taken by someone not assigned to our table. This led to some confusion I guess, as our drinks were not brought out until we asked a second time. We also had to ask for bread, and the waiter made a comment about it being our 2nd loaf (though we hadn't had one)! After all of this, we were underwhelmed by the lukewarm food.
- Food good, service poorrickracerVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here at their other locations numerous times and generally have a great experience. This time, while the food was good, the service was lacking. It wasn't a busy night and our server didn't seem to have many other tables but we were not well taken care-of, having to ask for water initially, get water refilled, ask for bread, etc. Drink order was late and service just wasn't what it should be given the price and expectation level. Will give them a pass as an "off night" and hope for a better experience (like we usually get) next time.
- Great food and good servicepkwhouVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time here. The food selections were wonderful and there is a wide variety to choose from. The service was good, but a little on the slow side, especially initially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fa1dineDined on 7/10/2014The salad wasn't fresh at all ,I ordered steak frites, it wasn't good , I wasn't expecting the best anyway being in the Dedham area, the steak was cooked medium like I ordered it but it was hard to chew , my husband ordered steak aux poivres it comes with potato gratins which was very salty it seems like it was reheated ,the supposedly melted cheese was burned and hard , the steak not good at all .It was disappointing ...Special Features:
- A nice little bistro in a mall areaAiredaleVIPDined on 7/8/2014Overall I really like Aquitaine. I think the atmosphere, once inside, is really nice and it's easy to forget you're in Legacy Place. We went in for the .99 oysters special (every day in July from 3-6pm) and they were indeed very fresh and presented beautifully. They were out of fresh horseradish, which obviously shouldn't happen when you're serving oysters, but enough was in the cocktail sauce to pretty much make up for it. At 5:30-6:30 on a weeknight the place is essentially empty so it's easy to talk to a handful of people at the bar and then have your pick of places to sit. Gets busier later which isn't surprising. I really like Aquitaine, and am on their mailing list for special events and will continue to go back.Special Features: