Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
500 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainededham.com/
- Phone: 7814715212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30AM-4:00PM
Brunch: Sunday 10:00AM-4PM
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4PM-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dan Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Johnson, Lyndon Fuller 781-471-5212 x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Call 781-471-5212 for more info.
A word from Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Food great; service wasn't.ciaobellaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had to ask for bread mid way thru appetizers/salad. Asked for coffee to arrive before dessert. Waiter put order in all at once. So coffee did come first then dessert which was supposed to be a hot apple tartin wasn't even warm. No refills offered on coffee and bill was slow in arriving. We will return to this restaurant because the food is so good but will only tolerate service issues one more time before bailing on this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outVtnguyen2Dined on 10/17/2014We had a great dining experience for my cousin's birthday dinner. She loved it and we had a great time! Food here never disappoints! Thank you!Special Features:
- ChefsPastrychef411Dined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I both graduated from culinary school and we both appreciate great food. Sometimes it can be hard to find a restaurant that can also please a chef, but the food here is fantastic. It is a bit noisy but the food is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be cleanerHeatherVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were seated next to a take with dirty plates and a stack of napkins it appeared the staff had yet to fold. I assume the staff was eating and folding (gross) but the table was unattended while we sat next to it looking at the mess. There were also forks and French fries on the ground. I usually like this place but it was a real turn off. If the dining room is dirty you never know about the kitchen. Food was so so. I was very disappointed
- awful experiencejjjjVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our waitress was terrible. She forgot my husbands juiceeven though we asked her for it 3 times, the same for his bloody mary drink. She was very unattentive. Never asked if we wanted dessert or anything else. It was busy but there was no excuse for her inattentiveness to us. This was not our first time there for brunch/lunch but it will probably be our last.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014My husband and I went to Aquitaine on Thursday night. We went early and it was quiet and relaxing. Our server Lindsay was very attentive and went to the chief when we had any questions about the menu. We started with oysters on the half shell. I had the seared scallops and my husband had the wild boar. Both entries were excellent. We have been to Aquitaine several times and this visit was one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic Trainwreck TodayAiredaleVIPDined on 10/1/2014If today was my only experience, I'd never recommend or return. It was, however, not my first time at Aquitaine so I'd like to think this was just a VERY bad day. Our reservation was at 1pm and were told we had to wait 15 minutes for a table. We went to the bar, where we bumped into a couple storming out over bad service. At the bar, we were given menus and the bartender literally disappeared to serve tables for 10 minutes. Seriously, alone at the bar. Then we were told they had no soda in the restaurant. We were seated, waitress was nice, but took 10 more minutes to order a drink, 20 minutes to get bread, and then the order wasn't right and they checked the order to make sure we were indeed right. Hostess was obnoxious.
- DinnerMichaelDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten here for lunch several times, it was just delightful. The food was excellent, service, ambiance etc. we tried it for dinner. All was the same except that it is extremely noisy. I will contine to go there for lunch, but will not return for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice weekday lunchDinerDDined on 9/25/2014My teenage daughter and I had lunch here on a recent day off from school and work. The food and service were very good; quiet when we arrived at opening, but a pleasant buzz by the time we left. A great French-inspired lunch to have before we went to The Hundred Foot Journey at the cinema.Special Features:
- Lunch at AcquitaineKevinD93Dined on 9/22/2014I had a good experience at Acquitaine, in reference to the food, ambiance, and convenience of the location, however, the service was very, very slow. The Waitress was nice, but she took very long in between conversations to bring things we asked for.Special Features:
- It's just an ok place...maryeDined on 9/20/2014Ambiance was good but for the price you pay, expected the service especially the food to be better.
- Noisey but delicioussoundmealDined on 9/20/2014Nice place within a mall setting. The services was excellent and the food was quite good. The noise level makes it difficult to talk. We were in a corner booth that was somewhat open and the four of us found that we had to use quite loud voices to hear each other, at times, needing to almost shout out what we had said for the rest of the party to discern it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquitaineCherDined on 8/29/2014The location is very convenient, located in Legacy Place. Parking was not a problem. We were taken right away and seated. The escargot were great! I had the steak frites. The frites were a little well done for my liking but the steak was absolutely delish. The service was superb. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodwhateverDined on 8/27/2014Went for Restaurant Week on our anniversary. Easy to get to, nice decor, a busy place, but the food was very disappointing, especially since we have had good meals at the Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill.. The "salad" was a few cherry tomatoes, some herbs (watercress?) and a lot of totally tasteless plastic-like white cheese. The main course, salmon on a bed of vegetables used included brown pureed eggplant which looked like something found in a baby's diaper. The salmon was excellent but that was the only item worth praising. Fruit parfait had ordinary tasting fruit with the exception of the blueberries. Not sure what it was layered with; it did have a smooth texture with an occasional gritty bit, either sugar or sand.Special Features:
- Ricotta GnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Delicious ricotta gnocchi were like little clouds of goodness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served Raw PorkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014We were served raw pork and received no apology from the manager. We sent it back and did not get a replacement. On top of that they attempted to charge us full price for an in edible dish. When I say raw I mean red red raw. Absolutlely disgusting. We will never return!
- Restaurant Week Was DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2014The Caprese Salad was 5 or six cherry tomatoes cut in half. So in total about 3 cherry tomatoes were used for a salad which is usually mostly amazing large tomato slices. This one was a big disappointment. It was almost like they had printed the menu and then had to ration the tomoatoes out as if we were in war time. Humorous and sad all at the same time. The dessert was berries and cream cheese basically. Wasn't too happy with that either. Otherwise a very good meal.
- Bad!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was a great place to eat. The food is bad and slow we won't be back!!
- What happened!??!?!KandJforbrunchVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been here before, but this was an awful experience. The corn risotto is so hot that it's inedible. The sweet potato puree was tasteless. Someone missed the mark in the kitchen last night... sad, sad experience. The waitress apologized and took the risotto off the bill, but she also made herself scarce when it was clear that the bill wasn't going to be a big tip total. Sad, sad...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014Lunch menu is fairly limited. Would like to see more salad and entree options.Special Features:
- Decent food, glacial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was decent enough -- the creamed corn and the steak au poivire was nice. But the service; wow. 15 minutes before any deigned to notice I was there. 45 minutes between the salad and the entree. It does not take that long to make the items (I know; I've made all of them at home, and that's not with industrial equipment). The restaurant was largely empty, so I know that's not the reason either. Will not be returning.
- DisappointingemlbVIPDined on 7/17/2014I kept going by the Dedham location and it looked appealing, so I finally made a reservation to take my husband, who loves French food. The whole experience was a bit of a disaster. We could see others being served around us, and when bread was brought out it seemed like it went to every table except for ours. It took the hostess getting someone's attention for someone to come and take our drink order, and so it was taken by someone not assigned to our table. This led to some confusion I guess, as our drinks were not brought out until we asked a second time. We also had to ask for bread, and the waiter made a comment about it being our 2nd loaf (though we hadn't had one)! After all of this, we were underwhelmed by the lukewarm food.
- Food good, service poorrickracerVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here at their other locations numerous times and generally have a great experience. This time, while the food was good, the service was lacking. It wasn't a busy night and our server didn't seem to have many other tables but we were not well taken care-of, having to ask for water initially, get water refilled, ask for bread, etc. Drink order was late and service just wasn't what it should be given the price and expectation level. Will give them a pass as an "off night" and hope for a better experience (like we usually get) next time.
- Great food and good servicepkwhouVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time here. The food selections were wonderful and there is a wide variety to choose from. The service was good, but a little on the slow side, especially initially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fa1dineDined on 7/10/2014The salad wasn't fresh at all ,I ordered steak frites, it wasn't good , I wasn't expecting the best anyway being in the Dedham area, the steak was cooked medium like I ordered it but it was hard to chew , my husband ordered steak aux poivres it comes with potato gratins which was very salty it seems like it was reheated ,the supposedly melted cheese was burned and hard , the steak not good at all .It was disappointing ...Special Features:
- A nice little bistro in a mall areaAiredaleVIPDined on 7/8/2014Overall I really like Aquitaine. I think the atmosphere, once inside, is really nice and it's easy to forget you're in Legacy Place. We went in for the .99 oysters special (every day in July from 3-6pm) and they were indeed very fresh and presented beautifully. They were out of fresh horseradish, which obviously shouldn't happen when you're serving oysters, but enough was in the cocktail sauce to pretty much make up for it. At 5:30-6:30 on a weeknight the place is essentially empty so it's easy to talk to a handful of people at the bar and then have your pick of places to sit. Gets busier later which isn't surprising. I really like Aquitaine, and am on their mailing list for special events and will continue to go back.Special Features:
- first time visithappyscotsDined on 7/5/2014We originally went, because of the oyster special continuing through July from 3-6 pm. We enjoyed the oysters and Escargoue at the bar. The bar tender was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were then were given a lovely table complete with white table cloth, linen napkins and nice place settings. Our waitress was beyond helpful and gracious. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and will reurn shortly.Special Features:
- great food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was outstanding, service not so much. Hopefully management will correct the inattentive service in the future. terrific bar, delicious tuna, bread pudding outstanding. Waitress did not check on us and had to go inside to seek assistance when meal served cold.Special Features:
- Love the appetizers!EdconsultVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our second time at this restaurant after quite a long time inbetween. We were promptly seated and our waitress was very attentive. My friend who had the Bloody Mary said it was the best she had had while the rest had drinks poured from bottles. Two had the Wednesday special, a large bowl if noodle soup with seafood and veggies that they really enjoyed, although seemed pricey at $20 for soup! I had a salad and mussels but could have ordered the more typical French apps like escargot or a pate if I were eating carbs! The sole was enjoyed by my friend. We were too full for dessert but coffee was enjoyed by all except for me...felt it was somewhat weak. I'd go back again to meet friends!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining and Atmospheremam2255Dined on 6/28/2014Service is consistently good here and the atmosphere is reminiscent of a French café. While at times the food can be a little salty it never overpowers taste or quality. The menu recently changed and they now offer more of a non steak selection, making sure that you spend just enough time agonizing over the choices. The prices are a little on the high side but not discomforting. The ambiance is my most favorite thing here though it's both cute and chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1007 reviews are from the Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews archive.
- Sad to be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Eaten here a bunch but thurs. 6:30 dinner for 2 was embarressing- hate when you suggest and gush about a place and it falls seriously short. The service was irregular- extreme wait between app. and entree with no explanation/apology by staff, THEN both of us received the WRONG meal! One was corrected- corn risotto app. instead of incorrect mushroom entree - again no apology and no waiter sighting, no one came back to check on the food. Given the lengthy wait and hunger, the other meal was eaten. Had to ask more than once for water refills! The final straw was being charged for BOTH wrong entrees. The manager removed the mushroom charge, added the corn charge- how about a sincere apology? comp the drinks? offer dessert? Unclear I'll return.Special Features:
- ReunionoldhappydinersDined on 6/23/2014sunny lunch with dear friends with incredible serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Not Have Been BetterPatientSrDined on 6/21/2014Our reservation was for four people at 8:15. We showed up on time, but now there were five of us. No problem, and they showed us to a round corner booth. Perfect. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was excellent. My wife loves salmon, and she raved to me about her serving as being probably the best she has ever had. And that is saying a lot. We lingered for quite a while and the prompt service never made us feel rushed. The whole experience - food, service, atmosphere - was as good as I can ever recall. Expensive? It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent the service was horrible basic drink of diet Coke served regular Coke never returned with replacement a bag of bread was plop it's on the table midway through dinner and the side order which was asked for during dinner I was told they were sure it would be coming ; a side is usually served with dinner service was poor at best dinner fabulous excellent presentation outstanding foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend!CeceDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day with our two kids. I wouldn't say it's a good place to bring kids to, but that's our fault. If we had sat outside maybe it would've been better for us. The service was good, the food was EXCELLENT, and the staff was kind and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I booked a brunch for Father's Day. Food took 45 to come, service was terrible, and food was luke warm. We have been there many times, not sure what has changed but cannot recommend.
- MMcTVIPDined on 6/11/2014Restaurant was totally packed at 7:45 on a Wed., but even after it had totally died down our server was hard to find and we waited a very long time for water refills and between courses. Not impressive.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening for TwoFoodies4UDined on 6/10/2014Was staying in the area and decided to give this restaurant a try. We were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance is wonderful and the food was delicious. The presentation was beautiful. We started with a dozen oysters and the tuna tartar, both of which were delicious. He had seared scallops and I had the salmon with an amazing miso maple glaze. Our server waited until we done with our appetizers before our meal came allowing us to enjoy our meal at our own pacing. I would definitely return here!Special Features:
- Great food, very slow serviceDinnerat8VIPDined on 6/7/2014Great food, but the service at Legacy Place was frustratingly slow.
- Great French bistrotracyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very surprised that the service was super kid-friendly and very attentive. Great meal. Perfect portion size (not too big).Special Features: