Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
500 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainededham.com/
- Phone: 7814715212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30AM-4:00PM
Brunch: Sunday 10:00AM-4PM
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4PM-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dan Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Johnson, Lyndon Fuller 781-471-5212 x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Call 781-471-5212 for more info.
A word from Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (30)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (20)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (19)romantic (19)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- EXCELLENT as usual!KPM14VIPDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner, once again. Every bite was just delicious, from cocktails to dessert. Friendly staff, we were seated exactly at our 8pm reservation time. I don't even know if I can classify this as a negative, I really don't, but........the service was perhaps actually TOO fast?! Not obnoxiously so, just quick and efficient. We didn't feel rushed AT ALL and perhaps it's because I was looking forward to this dinner all week and didn't want it to end, but we were done with our meals a few minutes before 9pm. Certainly better than the opposite, it's just that these guys are on the top of their game, ready to take on what is a large demand for a gem of a place. I literally cannot wait until we go back!Special Features:
- Change of PaceGoodnightout99VIPDined on 4/13/2014This restaurant is a foodie gem combining elements of fine dining, French flair and casual chic. Can't miss menu and very diverse seasonal offerings as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightSusieQVIPDined on 4/7/2014Love Aquitaine, but this Monday was clearly an off night for the restaurant. The bar and waitstaff were not the usual caliber.The food was good, but the portions and presentation we're not the usual excellence. However, quick service due to being a Monday lAm sure it was just an off night. Am a loyal Aquitaine customer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchMangaBraintreeDined on 4/7/2014We had a very enjoyable lunch with an excellent server.Special Features:
- Small portions and loudDecogalDined on 3/28/2014Went for dinner specifically during restaurant week to get the skate wing, which is not on their regular menu and not offered much in the area. My husband got the flank steak. Both dishes were very tasty, but the portions were quite small. I can't imagine what the less expensive lunch portions would have been. The restaurant is very loud, which seems to be the rule in most contemporary venues. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Once in AwhileelleaimesiDined on 3/28/2014I generally enjoyed my experience at Aquitaine. The food was delicious, but it was rather loud and the seating is very close together. I would probably go back for an early dinner, or brunch, but it was quite busy when we got there. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- A ReconnectionrocknrollboxerDined on 3/28/2014Although my party has been there for brunch, this was the first time going for the "Dining Out" feature. Our meals were great and tasty!! We definitely will be back. The noise level was quite high and a party of ours who is partially deaf had a hard time. We'll come back at a quieter time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environment and foodPattyDined on 3/25/2014Met friends for lunch at 1 pm and everything about Aquitaine was perfect. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- It's OK for lunch...TonyDined on 3/24/2014I had been to the Aquitaine once before for lunch and decided to give it a second try during restaurant week. It was in a very convenient location, with lots of free parking, and a fancy restaurant name. I opted for the restaurant week menu, which turned out to be very small portions and uninspired cooking. I'll have to try the Boston franchise to see if quality varies by location, i do give it high marks for service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aquitaine for Restaurant WeekdedhamladyDined on 3/22/2014Went to Dedham Aquitaine for Restaurant week. My dinner was much better than my husband's. I had the polenta frittes (delicious with a tangy tarragon dip), hanger steak, and almond pound cake - everything was very good. My husband had the bean and kale soup (flavorful but very few beans and less kale), buttered skate (fish was good, but the side dish was cold) and panna cotta - not much flavor. Service was terrific - attentive without hovering. Atmosphere was nice. It was romantic but also lively. They seemed to do a nice job of accommodating all different sized groups. My husband noted that the bar looked busy and fun as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great lunch, reasonablePriceChopperVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had a great lunch, reasonable prices for lunch and good sized portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great coffeeShiatsupegDined on 3/16/2014I love a great cup if coffee and theirs is excellent I ordered omelet alsacienne and eggs were a little dry but flavorful overall from mushrooms and onion. Server never rushed us which was appreciated and she kept the coffee flowingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodGregCDined on 3/9/2014Wonderful service and a great selection of soups, salads to start, wonderful meals for the main course and excellent desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchkeiriDined on 3/9/2014My first time here for brunch and it was a great experience. I had the nutella french toast and a side of sausage it was delicious. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was a disappointmentDianeVIPDined on 3/9/2014I love Aquitaine and have eaten dinner their and in the other restuarants for years. The Prixe Fix Sunday Brunch was a huge disappointment. Great price but the food was just so, so.
- Good First VisitAMPGDined on 3/8/2014We went here on a recommendation and overall were pleased with our 1st visit which was an outing for a birthday celebration. For appetizers we had the gruyere tarlet, onion soup and squash bisque, all of which we liked. The tartlet was just a bit heavy. The bread loaf and cheese puffs that come with dinner were both tasty. For dinner we had the Tagliatelle and the Lemon Sole. The sole was good and had a pretty presentation, the tagliatelle was nice, but a little on the bland side. Portions were good, not small and not too big. For dessert we had the creme brulee which vanished quickly - very tasty. We would eat here again.Special Features:
- Not up to brand standardMrsBDined on 3/8/2014Where was the bistro ambiance, great service or great food one usually enjoys at Aquitaine? Who started the trend of bringing crying babies and toddlers to a presumedly upscale restaurant? After the OVER TWO HOURS it took for us to get and finish lunch (And we arrived when it was practically empty) we felt as though we had spent the afternoon in daycare! Back to Chestnut Hill , where we have never had such an experience! Sadly, the rating choices do not allow us to rate our experience as honestly as we might, as Open Table forces one to the positive.
- Steak Frites!CategraceVIPDined on 3/3/2014My two friends and I have returned to Aquitaine over and over for a lunch of steak frites, red wine, and profiteroles shared three ways. The food and atmosphere never disappoint. The only thing that might make it better would be to move the restaurant to Paris, and us with it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent brunchSushiloverVIPDined on 3/2/2014Came in for brunch over the weekend. Food was good, service was OK. I like the ambiance... a nice, bright comfortable spot in Legacy Place. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedTatesmommyDined on 3/1/2014Food surpassed my expectations and was piping hot and very tasty. The food was high quality and well prepared. My cocktail was delicious and the ambiance is very nice. Will be going back-Special Features:
- Service was horrible - hadOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/28/2014Service was horrible - had to flag down one of the managers to get a waitress after sitting there for 15 minutes with no one coming by table. Even then service was spotty. Food very mediocre - not worth the money. Will not be returning.
- Always a pleasure!FoodlovrDined on 2/24/2014We always have a good time when we go to Aquitaine. The service is attentive, but doesn't "hover" ....and the food is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food greats serviceBucklerDined on 2/20/2014Reasonably priced French bistro experience. Really liked the service. Escargots were great. Enjoyed the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful retreatteb4sVIPDined on 2/19/2014The atmosphere makes one want to linger over the delicious food and drink. It's a change from most restaurants one expects to find in a shopping area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMurcuriiDined on 2/14/2014I actually went there because I heard about the wine list not really because of the food. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food was excellent. The steak was so succulent and the fish that my wife had was perfect. Definitely going back. My server has great and so professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time and would go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014First time I went for restaurant week, and decided to go back again because I had really liked it! We started with the lobster beignets. They were very tasty, however, my friend and I didn't like the sauce, it was a little too sweet to accompany lobster. I got the gnocchi for my meal. Excellent, the sauce was awesome. My friend got the paparadelle, and it was good, but the meat was a little on the dry side, and the pasta a bit bland...I wouldn't get that again.....we didn't really love the desserts, so I'd probably skip the dessert at this place. We got the molten chocolate cake, and the apple tarte. The apples in the tarte were VERY tart...like really sour..and the crust didn't have much flavor, so all we really ate was the ice cream.Special Features:
- Out of Sole??OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014My favorite meal here is the Sole its absolutely amazing, that being said when I ordered it they told me they were out. I guess if something on your menu is a staple and consistent top seller you should try not to run out. Still a good restaurant and their escargot is delishSpecial Features:
- Too popular for its own goodHiexpextationsVIPDined on 2/1/2014When we arrived they were too busy to seat us at our reservation time. We killed some time at the bar which was berry busy. It was too noisy to really have much conversation. We enjoyed our dinners, the flounder and the scallops but were agreeing that the menu is too limited to make it a regular dining spot for us.Special Features:
- Great food. Top service.rickracerVIPDined on 2/1/2014We have fond memories of the Aquitaine restaurants, from the South End to Chestnut Hill to Dedham. All great food experiences. My wife is from France and can be a bit "picky" about restaurants trying to pass themselves off as "French". While she always finds something that isn't "authentic" she loves Aquitaine. We'll keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place anytime.Pat4VIPDined on 1/30/2014Food was great, although if you have a big appetite, be aware they have small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/30/2014nice to sit at the bar and grab a bite to eat and catch up w/a friend. also, good brunch - love the rolls!Special Features:
- Good menu butLovelyVIPDined on 1/27/2014Like the menu but most of the dishes poorly executed, i.e. food just isnt good.
- A regular destinationNoCookinToniteDined on 1/25/2014We have come to love Aquitaine. The meal starts out with an amazing warm loaf of baguette. The wine list is extensive, both by the glass and bottle. The server was really nice to find a way to charge me half price for a glass of wine since I told him I love wine, but can only tolerate a half glass. Really nice personal attention. The soups here are almost always excellent - the squash bisque and mushroom bisque are so flavorful. As for entrees, the Scottish salmon is a real winner, as is the Tagliatelle with pieces of braised short rib. Surprisingly, during out last visit, the big disappointment was the steak frites - a tough cut of beef. And the roasted brussel sprouts were undercooked. Nice patio for outdoor eating in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCH TREATALANVIPDined on 1/20/2014I am a big fan of Aquitaine in Dedham....the food and staff are first class. I have rarely had brunch though, and it was a treat this past Monday (MLK Day). Don't miss this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ResultsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014We very had good entrees (chicken, excellent filet of sole) with disappointing side dishes (brussel sprouts, quinoa, VERY creamy mashed potatoes), along with some very fresh but overly dressed salads. If prices had been more moderate and the service had been more coordinated (entrees were served after we were barely halfway done with our salads), it would have been easier to give this a higher rating. But given our experience, we'd only give it so-so marks.Special Features:
- Excellent food! We all gotJefDDined on 1/18/2014Excellent food! We all got the Steak Frites and all were cooked perfectly. My wife and I shared a bottle of the Rose Brut which was excellent as well. Service was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Something to be Desired...MES0718VIPDined on 1/12/2014This was my first experience with a restaurant in the Aquitaine Restaurant Group that left something more to be desired. Now I'm not saying that I will not visit any other restaurants in the group, I just will not be dining at this location anymore. The Aquitaine in Dedham is too small for its attraction; after making a 12:30pm Sunday brunch reservation, my party was not seated until closer to 1pm with other parties being seated before us. The Prix Fixe menu was a great deal but the portions were on the small side, had I known I would of ordered the full sized course. Overall, the food was great but the Prix fixe selection could use some tweaking.Special Features:
- wonderful night out after the movieRegulardinerVIPDined on 1/11/2014we enjoy gong here after the movies at Legacy Place; the food and service are both outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow a lot of timeBudgetGourmetDined on 1/11/2014The atmosphere at Aquitaine is pleasant, the food was good although it arrived not hot and with a sloppier presentation than in previous times. The service was very slow- we had to wait quite a while before even placing the drinks order and then another long wait for the meals. The prices have gone up too-an expensive evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This location is not up to parsylkVIPDined on 1/8/2014This location does not live up to the same standards as South End or Chestnut Hill. Second time I've tried it and been disappointed by the quality of the food.