Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
500 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainededham.com/
- Phone: 7814715212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30AM-4:00PM
Brunch: Sunday 10:00AM-4PM
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4PM-11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Dan Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Johnson, Lyndon Fuller 781-471-5212 x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-75 people. Call 781-471-5212 for more info.
A word from Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place
Thank you for choosing Aquitaine as your dining destination, we look forward to your visit. Remember us when planning your holiday and end of year events. Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $15/person and Dinner starting at $25/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-150 people. Call 781-471-5212 today for more information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (31)special occasion (30)great for brunch (29)romantic (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- It's just an ok place...maryeDined on 9/20/2014Ambiance was good but for the price you pay, expected the service especially the food to be better.
- Noisey but deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Nice place within a mall setting. The services was excellent and the food was quite good. The noise level makes it difficult to talk. We were in a corner booth that was somewhat open and the four of us found that we had to use quite loud voices to hear each other, at times, needing to almost shout out what we had said for the rest of the party to discern it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquitaineCherDined on 8/29/2014The location is very convenient, located in Legacy Place. Parking was not a problem. We were taken right away and seated. The escargot were great! I had the steak frites. The frites were a little well done for my liking but the steak was absolutely delish. The service was superb. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodwhateverDined on 8/27/2014Went for Restaurant Week on our anniversary. Easy to get to, nice decor, a busy place, but the food was very disappointing, especially since we have had good meals at the Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill.. The "salad" was a few cherry tomatoes, some herbs (watercress?) and a lot of totally tasteless plastic-like white cheese. The main course, salmon on a bed of vegetables used included brown pureed eggplant which looked like something found in a baby's diaper. The salmon was excellent but that was the only item worth praising. Fruit parfait had ordinary tasting fruit with the exception of the blueberries. Not sure what it was layered with; it did have a smooth texture with an occasional gritty bit, either sugar or sand.Special Features:
- Ricotta GnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Delicious ricotta gnocchi were like little clouds of goodness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Served Raw PorkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014We were served raw pork and received no apology from the manager. We sent it back and did not get a replacement. On top of that they attempted to charge us full price for an in edible dish. When I say raw I mean red red raw. Absolutlely disgusting. We will never return!
- Restaurant Week Was DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/18/2014The Caprese Salad was 5 or six cherry tomatoes cut in half. So in total about 3 cherry tomatoes were used for a salad which is usually mostly amazing large tomato slices. This one was a big disappointment. It was almost like they had printed the menu and then had to ration the tomoatoes out as if we were in war time. Humorous and sad all at the same time. The dessert was berries and cream cheese basically. Wasn't too happy with that either. Otherwise a very good meal.
- Bad!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was a great place to eat. The food is bad and slow we won't be back!!
- What happened!??!?!KandJforbrunchVIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been here before, but this was an awful experience. The corn risotto is so hot that it's inedible. The sweet potato puree was tasteless. Someone missed the mark in the kitchen last night... sad, sad experience. The waitress apologized and took the risotto off the bill, but she also made herself scarce when it was clear that the bill wasn't going to be a big tip total. Sad, sad...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014Lunch menu is fairly limited. Would like to see more salad and entree options.Special Features:
- Decent food, glacial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was decent enough -- the creamed corn and the steak au poivire was nice. But the service; wow. 15 minutes before any deigned to notice I was there. 45 minutes between the salad and the entree. It does not take that long to make the items (I know; I've made all of them at home, and that's not with industrial equipment). The restaurant was largely empty, so I know that's not the reason either. Will not be returning.
- Food good, service poorrickracerVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here at their other locations numerous times and generally have a great experience. This time, while the food was good, the service was lacking. It wasn't a busy night and our server didn't seem to have many other tables but we were not well taken care-of, having to ask for water initially, get water refilled, ask for bread, etc. Drink order was late and service just wasn't what it should be given the price and expectation level. Will give them a pass as an "off night" and hope for a better experience (like we usually get) next time.
- Great food and good servicepkwhouVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was my first time here. The food selections were wonderful and there is a wide variety to choose from. The service was good, but a little on the slow side, especially initially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fa1dineDined on 7/10/2014The salad wasn't fresh at all ,I ordered steak frites, it wasn't good , I wasn't expecting the best anyway being in the Dedham area, the steak was cooked medium like I ordered it but it was hard to chew , my husband ordered steak aux poivres it comes with potato gratins which was very salty it seems like it was reheated ,the supposedly melted cheese was burned and hard , the steak not good at all .It was disappointing ...Special Features:
- A nice little bistro in a mall areaAiredaleVIPDined on 7/8/2014Overall I really like Aquitaine. I think the atmosphere, once inside, is really nice and it's easy to forget you're in Legacy Place. We went in for the .99 oysters special (every day in July from 3-6pm) and they were indeed very fresh and presented beautifully. They were out of fresh horseradish, which obviously shouldn't happen when you're serving oysters, but enough was in the cocktail sauce to pretty much make up for it. At 5:30-6:30 on a weeknight the place is essentially empty so it's easy to talk to a handful of people at the bar and then have your pick of places to sit. Gets busier later which isn't surprising. I really like Aquitaine, and am on their mailing list for special events and will continue to go back.Special Features:
- first time visithappyscotsDined on 7/5/2014We originally went, because of the oyster special continuing through July from 3-6 pm. We enjoyed the oysters and Escargoue at the bar. The bar tender was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were then were given a lovely table complete with white table cloth, linen napkins and nice place settings. Our waitress was beyond helpful and gracious. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and will reurn shortly.Special Features:
- great food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was outstanding, service not so much. Hopefully management will correct the inattentive service in the future. terrific bar, delicious tuna, bread pudding outstanding. Waitress did not check on us and had to go inside to seek assistance when meal served cold.Special Features:
- Love the appetizers!EdconsultVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our second time at this restaurant after quite a long time inbetween. We were promptly seated and our waitress was very attentive. My friend who had the Bloody Mary said it was the best she had had while the rest had drinks poured from bottles. Two had the Wednesday special, a large bowl if noodle soup with seafood and veggies that they really enjoyed, although seemed pricey at $20 for soup! I had a salad and mussels but could have ordered the more typical French apps like escargot or a pate if I were eating carbs! The sole was enjoyed by my friend. We were too full for dessert but coffee was enjoyed by all except for me...felt it was somewhat weak. I'd go back again to meet friends!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining and Atmospheremam2255Dined on 6/28/2014Service is consistently good here and the atmosphere is reminiscent of a French café. While at times the food can be a little salty it never overpowers taste or quality. The menu recently changed and they now offer more of a non steak selection, making sure that you spend just enough time agonizing over the choices. The prices are a little on the high side but not discomforting. The ambiance is my most favorite thing here though it's both cute and chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2014Eaten here a bunch but thurs. 6:30 dinner for 2 was embarressing- hate when you suggest and gush about a place and it falls seriously short. The service was irregular- extreme wait between app. and entree with no explanation/apology by staff, THEN both of us received the WRONG meal! One was corrected- corn risotto app. instead of incorrect mushroom entree - again no apology and no waiter sighting, no one came back to check on the food. Given the lengthy wait and hunger, the other meal was eaten. Had to ask more than once for water refills! The final straw was being charged for BOTH wrong entrees. The manager removed the mushroom charge, added the corn charge- how about a sincere apology? comp the drinks? offer dessert? Unclear I'll return.Special Features:
- ReunionoldhappydinersDined on 6/23/2014sunny lunch with dear friends with incredible serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Not Have Been BetterPatientSrDined on 6/21/2014Our reservation was for four people at 8:15. We showed up on time, but now there were five of us. No problem, and they showed us to a round corner booth. Perfect. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was excellent. My wife loves salmon, and she raved to me about her serving as being probably the best she has ever had. And that is saying a lot. We lingered for quite a while and the prompt service never made us feel rushed. The whole experience - food, service, atmosphere - was as good as I can ever recall. Expensive? It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent the service was horrible basic drink of diet Coke served regular Coke never returned with replacement a bag of bread was plop it's on the table midway through dinner and the side order which was asked for during dinner I was told they were sure it would be coming ; a side is usually served with dinner service was poor at best dinner fabulous excellent presentation outstanding foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend!CeceDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day with our two kids. I wouldn't say it's a good place to bring kids to, but that's our fault. If we had sat outside maybe it would've been better for us. The service was good, the food was EXCELLENT, and the staff was kind and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014I booked a brunch for Father's Day. Food took 45 to come, service was terrible, and food was luke warm. We have been there many times, not sure what has changed but cannot recommend.
- MMcTVIPDined on 6/11/2014Restaurant was totally packed at 7:45 on a Wed., but even after it had totally died down our server was hard to find and we waited a very long time for water refills and between courses. Not impressive.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening for TwoFoodies4UDined on 6/10/2014Was staying in the area and decided to give this restaurant a try. We were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance is wonderful and the food was delicious. The presentation was beautiful. We started with a dozen oysters and the tuna tartar, both of which were delicious. He had seared scallops and I had the salmon with an amazing miso maple glaze. Our server waited until we done with our appetizers before our meal came allowing us to enjoy our meal at our own pacing. I would definitely return here!Special Features:
- Great food, very slow serviceDinnerat8VIPDined on 6/7/2014Great food, but the service at Legacy Place was frustratingly slow.
- Great French bistrotracyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very surprised that the service was super kid-friendly and very attentive. Great meal. Perfect portion size (not too big).Special Features:
- New Menu and MoreALANVIPDined on 5/31/2014First, I want to say that I have been coming to Aquitaine in Dedham for over 2 years; you might call me a "regular." I can't praise this restaurant enough. The menu is diverse, yet with the proper amount of entrees, appetizers, desserts, so not to confuse. The wine list is extensive. On the new menu is a "common" offering, the hamburger. Don't be fooled, this is not an ordinary hamburger, but a work of art. I don't want to overestimate this incredible burger, but it is among the best out there!! One of the categories is "neighborhood gem," and Aquitaine is just that.....come by and experience it yourself. I know you will come back!!Special Features:
- The following 996 reviews are from the Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place reviews archive.
- service?LucyDined on 5/25/2014We chose this restaurant for my mother's birthday because the extensive brunch menu which seemed nice for a group that also included kids. The restaurant wasn't very busy at the time of our reservation but it took 25 min to get our entrees, and 3 out of the 5 were incorrect and had to be sent back. The salmon benedict was cold. The chorizo hash had barely any chorizo in it - "the pieces were so small they slipped through the fork tines". Luckily the guest of honor's meal came exactly as ordered!Special Features:
- Always excellentkeithmVIPDined on 5/18/2014The food is always excellent. We tried the Aquitaine at Legacy Place. It definitely is more noisy, but still not an issue. We started with the fried clam app. This was really really good. It should be offered as an entrée. Richard then had the Pork Chop which was moist & tender(chops easily can get tough)I had the Scottish Salmon, which was done just right. For dessert Richard had the warm bread pudding, really gooey & great. I had the Pain per du, which is like a brioche French toast, but totally awesome, Easily one of my top desserts. Aquitaine & Brasserie Jo have pretty much become our favorite French bistro type restaurants. Brasserie Jo's fish is a little better & Aquitaine's desserts are the tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- es906Dined on 5/17/2014Outside seating good for people watching. Wait staff pleasantly attentive. Handled one of us with food allergies very carefully. Food itself was excellent; seared scallops were superb, as were appetizer of oysters. 'Very good' rating was due to the dainty size of the main entree! I did not order a salad so as to not be too full for entree and wish I had. I actually went away feeling as if I could have eaten more which is almost never the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but not greatsatisfiedDined on 5/16/2014Aquitaine has good food and service, a full bar and a pretty good location. But the food is just a step down from great, partially due to overpricing for a chain, the wine list is exorbitantly expensive and it can tend to be quiet loud. Good... not great.Special Features:
- Great timeBrody1Dined on 5/15/2014This was the first time I dined at Aquataine and was very pleased. However, the night I went the menu was completely different than the website. The waiter informed us the menu had just been changed two days prior. So I was just a little disappointed that some items I had been interested in ordering were no longer available. That said, the waiter made some great suggestions and we were very pleased with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnerMarkandSherryDined on 5/11/2014Terrific dinner for Mother's Day......the food was great and the service was outstanding despite the restaurant being very very busy. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Very average restaurantpiccolaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Because food is the most important element to me in my dining experience, I could only give this 2 stars overall. But the service, ambience, noise level are all good. For the prices (actually, any price!), the food really should be better. The overall feeling I get is that they don't try here They get plenty of diners so why make the effort to make good food? I only dine here if I have to meet someone in that particular location. Otherwise, I would never choose to dine here. The other restaurants in the area are equally bad if not worse. So I guess the bar is pretty low overall.
- PriceChopperVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a very nice lunch with Kim as our server. Everything went smoothly! Lots of great options on the lunch menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 5/2/2014Love every meal I have ever had at any Aquitaine! I usually have the mussels, which are the best in boston, but branched out with a delicious steak frites.Special Features:
- Never disappointedCarovalVIPDined on 5/2/2014I had lunch with two friends on a sunny day so we sat outside. The food is consistently tasty here and the portion sizes are not overwhelming. Between us we had the crispy goat cheese salad, a steak sandwich with fries and a chicken salad which were all beautifully presented and tasted as good as they looked. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, efficient and friendly, with a lovely sense of humour which always adds to the experience. This is the fourth, maybe fifth, time I've eaten lunch at Aquitaine and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.