11 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainechestnuthill.com/
- Phone: 6177348400
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Seth Woods
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie McLaughlin 617-734-8400x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 for info.
A word from Aquitaine Bis
Aquitaine Bis brings Paris and one of Boston's favorite Bistros to the suburbs. Executive Chef Seth Woods' seasonal menu feature all the favorites and traditions of Aquitaine - Bar à Vin Bistrot in the South End along with new items created specifically for the Newton location.Continued
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aquitaine Bis - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Aquitaine Bis reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (22)romantic (22)special occasion (21)notable wine list (15)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Total non caringcriticVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been to this retaurant often. On this Sunday, 4 of us were there for brunch. When our food hadn't arrived in an hour, we asked the waiter and he said it would be out soon. When the women seated next to us got there food after just ordering, we found the manager and he said there was an error in the kitchen. My food came out wrong and he did correct it but never came over to check and it was still not correct. After sitting an hour and a half, we were presented with the full $50 bill. We weren't looking for a free meal but there had to be something he could have done to make us feel less upset. This same thing happened last year at Aquitaine in Dedham and we will never go back to either one.
- Early BrunchLeeLeeVIPDined on 10/12/2014We're up early and want brunch before 11 am on a Sunday. Aquitaine Bis was the perfect find while we were out of town!Special Features:
- Great food. Great Service.AnickaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Yes! Great Food and great service. But the new manager should learn to be a little more of a people person. You do not greet your customers sulking and plain unfriendly. Maybe this is his first job dealing w public. My husband and I go to Aquitaine Bis frequently as we love the high quality food and the super service. On the OpenTable reservation we had asked for a certain server we like even though they are all wonderful. The manager showed us to a table that was not that server's table even though it was early in the evening and 90 percent of the tables were empty. The previous managers had all been very accommodating. I am hoping he will have a better attitude next time.Special Features:
- Jm877985Dined on 10/11/2014Had brunch there last Sunday. I had not been to this particular location in a long time, however I was disappointed with overall experience Food was just adequate and service was not much better.
- Aquitaine Bis is perfect!GreatCuisinePassionDined on 10/10/2014A friend and I love to go to Aquitaine Bis for dinner as often as we can. Set in the lower Chestnut Hill Mall, you are in a Paris Bistro from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. The service is wonderful, the menu varied and interesting, the desserts out of this world. Very nice wine list, too. Hightly recommend Mussels or Warm Beet Salad to start, or classic Onion Soup, followed by Sole Meuniere over potato puree and vegetables or trout, although the chicken is perfect, as well. Active bar scene but not over- powering to dinner guests. Apple Tarte tatin was a perfect finish although the Chocolate mousse and warm pudding cake are also outstanding. Reservations often a must. Wonderful spot for a winter lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceBullyVIPDined on 10/8/2014The staff of this restaurant is outstanding. AAndrew, Debbie, Elizabeth and others are welcoming, efficient and helpful. Food quality is good but changes preparation have made desserts less tasty and less appealing. New chef overloads things with salt.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!CaldinerDined on 9/28/2014We have been there twice and both times enjoyed it immensely. Some of us had omelettes, which were terrific and we would also recommend the French toast. I had one of the best Cobb salads I have ever had. I look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Customers not a priorityKenCanDined on 9/28/2014This unfortunate brunch dining experience started with our OpenTable reservation. Upon arriving, we had to wait 30 minutes beyond our reserved time because the hostess felt it necessary to seat non-reservation repeat customers ahead of customers with OpenTable reservations. Why bother with OpenTable if they won't honor reservations? Once seated, we had to wait 10 minutes for a waiter who then took 15 minutes to bring our drinks. When the food arrived 1 hour later, the chocolate french toast was tasteless, dry, cold and had Hershey syrup on top as the chocolate. A scrambled egg plate was cold and had dry, hard potatoes. Overall the atmosphere was pretentious at best, but the service and food really made this an exceptionally poor experience.
- Good food - if it isn't coldBigfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Food was good but the service was terrible. I believe they were under staffed so willing to give them another shot.Special Features:
- yummy foodallergycoupleDined on 9/26/2014They were knowledgeable and helpful around our food allergies (gluten, soy, tomatoes). The food was very tasty. My husband's meal was small, and we felt he should have been warned that he may need a substitution since he couldn't have the tomatoes included. I got the cod and was extremely pleased. Normally, it would have been enough for me to take home, but I was particularly hungry. since we each got only an entrée, our bill was very reasonable.
- robertDined on 9/26/2014food ordinary. cooked fish times two almost raw even with 2 chances. would not recommend
- maxhowDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated a friend's 80th birthday. When we arrived we got the table I requested and there were happy birthday sparkles on the table. We all had the veal chop special and it was excellent. Great drinks and Lindsay was the perfect waitress. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwefulTheDinerDined on 9/17/2014The wait staff was going in circles, tables were complaining, the food took forever. The onion soup was a hunk of bread with hardly any broth over it and the salad was soggy. When the entrees showed up it looked like cafeteria food - all entrées had the same corn medley on the bottom and the fish or pasta thrown on top. Nothing like the preparation described in the menu. We have been there many times in the past and were shocked at the decline - the place is a disaster, stay away!
- good restaurantfranksDined on 9/14/2014a good restaurant, good food, good wine list, good locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We had a lovely dinner at Aquitaine Bis - the food was good - the service attentive - we would go back -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I've loved this restaurant for years. Consistently excellent food, always good service and I just plain like the atmosphere. Closest you can get to Paris in Chestnut Hill. My stand-by favorite.Special Features:
- Will defintiely return again!dmaryDined on 9/6/2014Great experience - energetic on a Saturday night - with good food and excellent service. We look forward to returning and exploring the menu further. Seating is close (typical of most places these days) so don't expect a cozy romantic dinner, unless you like sharing such events with the table next to you! :)Special Features:
- Predictably GoodBlondieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Limited menu but predictably good. I usually get the Lemon Sole Meuniere and my husband gets the Papparardelle with Lobster. If the menu was more varied, we would come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a place to check out!JLTDDined on 8/25/2014I absolutely loved Aquataine. My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary and it was the perfect spot for a relaxed dinner where you want to be wined and dined. The food was spectacular and the service was super friendly. This restaurant is a gem! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodArtemusDined on 8/23/2014Good service, well prepared dishes, unpretentious. The latter is especially refreshing for a French eatery. Competent bar. Located in a shooping center---just close your eyes and go right in. Can get pricey with drinks and dessert, but worth it.Special Features:
- Good food YummLovecookingandeating14Dined on 8/23/2014My first time for dinner and I found it excellent preparation and taste. I'll be coming more often for dinner. Wine list excellent thank you 😋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow KitchenJOHNVIPDined on 8/22/2014Maybe because it was Friday night and restaurant week, but the kitchen seemed to be having a hard time getting food out in a timely manner. Our server was attentive and had to apologize more than once for meals being late. To us as well as others. Otherwise, everything was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsBullyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food and service always great. We eat there frequently,Special Features:
- Fine mealWallysDadDined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal during Restaurant week. The heirloom tomatoes, swordfish and peach crumble were all outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Loved the food, the ambiance and friendliness of the servers. Will definitely go again to try out their brunch. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageBostonfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service and food were very average. The poultry delivery had not arrived so no items were available that contained chicken which was somewhat limiting. Nothing was bad....but again nothing was good.
- Excellent overallBullyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat there two timws a week on average, and always enjoy its welcoming staff and fine food.Special Features:
- SNOOKIEVIPDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoyed this from the day they were opened, a long time ago. Good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousDebrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014Aquitaine Bistro is consistently a favorite place to fine. Both lunch and dinner are excellent. Classic French dishes are paired with new creatively delicious specials . Cocktails are always a treat and ever changing . Try a new one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly excellentkeithmVIPDined on 8/3/2014We started with fried Oysters..Outstanding crisp & moist. Richard had the Escargots,again excellent.Very traditional style.Next I had the Soft Shelled Crab. Best I've had all year(several times,a favorite of mine)Richard had the roast Chicken. Tender & moist. For dessert I had the Pain Perdu, kind of a Maple french toast. I always get it herem as it's outstanding. richard had the Chocolate Mousse. Rich with dark Chocolate & not too sweet. As always Aquitaine is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect French restaurantTheflorentineDined on 8/2/2014Amazing service , amazing food , amazing small portions , very short waiting for the food to come . Very good interior decor .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judeVIPDined on 7/30/2014food was good but I must say very sparse for the price charged
- Very nice as always!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Aquitane is always so consistent, another delicious dinner! Order the gumbo off of their pre fix! Soooo good. Trout was perfect, as we're the escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFlukeDined on 7/26/2014Was not too busy on a Saturday night but maybe the crowd had come earlier. Regardless, this is a place where you can enjoy great surroundings, food and wine and in our case, great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last supperbeanDined on 7/20/2014Took my husband there for the last dinner before he had surgery with our out of town company. that says a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, as usualfoodiesnobmomVIPDined on 7/20/2014We opened the place at 5:30P on a Sunday. Service and food were both excellent as usual. They are very accommodating to families, but the majority of patrons here are elegantly mature.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Outstanding summer-time meal experience--the fish was excellent and the service was enjoyable. Well worth a visit especially if in Newton or close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCvjvVIPDined on 7/19/2014A plus for great food and beautiful presentation. Nice portions so one does not feel overly stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceEatwithgustoDined on 7/16/2014The meal was enjoyable and there were quite a few specials for a weekday evening. We dined on endive salad, escargot, scallops and gumbo, all excellent. The Trimbach Pinot Gris we ordered accompanied the meal well and we enjoyed an apple tart for dessert. Service was prompt, and not overly familiar, which is the way I prefer it.Special Features:
- Late-night romantic dining is fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014I took my girl out to a birthday dinner here on a Monday night at 9PM. We virtually had the restaurant all to ourselves. Our Server was patient as we enjoyed each other's company. Both Host and Server were accommodating with my instructions via OpenTable to (1) sit at either a booth or corner table, and (2) provide a cake and candle without me having to ask them in person. Also, Aquitaine was very kind to give us the cake for free.Special Features: