11 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainechestnuthill.com/
- Phone: 6177348400
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Seth Woods
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie McLaughlin 617-734-8400x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 for info.
A word from Aquitaine Bis
Aquitaine Bis brings Paris and one of Boston's favorite Bistros to the suburbs. Executive Chef Seth Woods' seasonal menu feature all the favorites and traditions of Aquitaine - Bar à Vin Bistrot in the South End along with new items created specifically for the Newton location.Continued
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aquitaine Bis - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Aquitaine Bis reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (31)special occasion (26)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)good for groups (15)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent overallBullyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat there two timws a week on average, and always enjoy its welcoming staff and fine food.Special Features:
- SNOOKIEVIPDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoyed this from the day they were opened, a long time ago. Good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousDebrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014Aquitaine Bistro is consistently a favorite place to fine. Both lunch and dinner are excellent. Classic French dishes are paired with new creatively delicious specials . Cocktails are always a treat and ever changing . Try a new one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly excellentkeithmVIPDined on 8/3/2014We started with fried Oysters..Outstanding crisp & moist. Richard had the Escargots,again excellent.Very traditional style.Next I had the Soft Shelled Crab. Best I've had all year(several times,a favorite of mine)Richard had the roast Chicken. Tender & moist. For dessert I had the Pain Perdu, kind of a Maple french toast. I always get it herem as it's outstanding. richard had the Chocolate Mousse. Rich with dark Chocolate & not too sweet. As always Aquitaine is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judeVIPDined on 7/30/2014food was good but I must say very sparse for the price charged
- Very nice as always!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Aquitane is always so consistent, another delicious dinner! Order the gumbo off of their pre fix! Soooo good. Trout was perfect, as we're the escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFlukeDined on 7/26/2014Was not too busy on a Saturday night but maybe the crowd had come earlier. Regardless, this is a place where you can enjoy great surroundings, food and wine and in our case, great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last supperbeanDined on 7/20/2014Took my husband there for the last dinner before he had surgery with our out of town company. that says a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, as usualfoodiesnobmomDined on 7/20/2014We opened the place at 5:30P on a Sunday. Service and food were both excellent as usual. They are very accommodating to families, but the majority of patrons here are elegantly mature.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerDined on 7/19/2014Outstanding summer-time meal experience--the fish was excellent and the service was enjoyable. Well worth a visit especially if in Newton or close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCvjvDined on 7/19/2014A plus for great food and beautiful presentation. Nice portions so one does not feel overly stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceEatwithgustoDined on 7/16/2014The meal was enjoyable and there were quite a few specials for a weekday evening. We dined on endive salad, escargot, scallops and gumbo, all excellent. The Trimbach Pinot Gris we ordered accompanied the meal well and we enjoyed an apple tart for dessert. Service was prompt, and not overly familiar, which is the way I prefer it.Special Features:
- Late-night romantic dining is fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014I took my girl out to a birthday dinner here on a Monday night at 9PM. We virtually had the restaurant all to ourselves. Our Server was patient as we enjoyed each other's company. Both Host and Server were accommodating with my instructions via OpenTable to (1) sit at either a booth or corner table, and (2) provide a cake and candle without me having to ask them in person. Also, Aquitaine was very kind to give us the cake for free.Special Features:
- Best Steak Frites Around!dooleyarnoldVIPDined on 7/9/2014I hit the jackpot with these steak frites! They were mouth-wateringly delicious. I ordered extra rare on the rare side, and it came out to perfection. The juice was wonderful, and so good with the frites and spinach. I have such pleasant memories of it that I begin salivating at when I think about it. Yes, yes, yes, I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealDebbiDined on 6/29/2014We were at Aquitaine to celebrate a birthday and had a reservation for 4, celebrating a birthday. The table had Happy Birthday confetti on it on our arrival, a very nice touch! The food was absolutely delicious, we had great choices for brunch including several different cocktails. We will definitely come back to Aquitaine Bis!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We come here often for birthdays, mother's day, etc. The food is always reliably excellent, varied menu, great drinks, wonderful service. Great bread. Love that the noise level is so that we can hear each other at the table. We have always had wonderful service.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberTalosbadDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately, Aquitaine was not as good I remember from the last time I was in Boston. The Eggs Benedict was too lemony and not much taste.
- Reliable experienceGood2goDined on 6/13/2014This is restaurant that is good almost every time ...great place to go at the end of long weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!FineFrenchDiningDined on 6/12/2014I had been to the Boston location for drinks before but never had the food; what a mistake! This will be my go to place for fine French dining! It took us nearly 20 minute to decide what we wanted to eat because everything sounded so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyVIPDined on 6/10/2014the waitress was quite busy, but when she finally got to us(after taking orders from 2 other tables who arrived after us) she was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had the daily special duck confit with cranberry & Farrell. it sounded different than it was. excellent. My husband had the veal schnitzel. a little too breaded for his taste, but I liked the flavor. Choc. muse for dessert was heavenly.Special Features:
- Bon Voyage! - Party of ThreeDanielKDined on 5/31/2014One person is retiring at the end of the academic year and moving to Florida. Another announced that she too was moving late summer - husband was recently tendered an offer letter-and that we were the first to know all the news. Saturday's brunch included two friends from the office-although we have each moved within the company, we remain friendly to this day. We have vacationed together; attended baptisms, bris, namings, first communions and confirmations; We take care of each other and their entire family as if they were our own-well, they are family. You simply can not go wrong here - they have something for everyone and they turned what was a melancholy brunch (saying goodbye sucks) into an afternoon of loving memories.Special Features:
- Suburban FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Excellent food. Always well-prepared food with fresh ingredients, interesting prep and impeccable service. Consistency with flair.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 5/19/2014Always reliable and one of our favorites. WE go regularly so I don't need to keep writing reviews.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodZarouhieDined on 5/19/2014I took one of our potential recruits there. We loved the quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 5/15/2014Another great dinner with Pei Lee serving us so very efficiently. The trout was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchjthorDined on 5/11/2014Visited Aquitaine Bistro in Chestnut Hill for Mother's Day. It was quite busy, and we waited about 10 minutes for our reservation. The menu was varied. I ordered an omelet, and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch, good servicefoodloverDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our brunch on Mother's Day, food was very good and service excellent. Enjoyed the duck hash & eggs, the Nicoise salad especially. Only complaint was there was no bread available because it was brunch (?) Server was pleasant and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day brunch, my family and I each got $12 brunch special, the restaurant was way cheaper than I expected, especially for the great food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- BobBostonDined on 5/9/2014Always reliable - great for business and family dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Dining ExperienceMichaelDined on 5/3/2014Aquitaine consistently delivers a nice dining experience. Service is prompt, courteous and wait staff well trained. Food is well prepared and they have choices in moderately priced bottles of wine, which shows respect for the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodAMulDined on 5/2/2014We had a wonderful evening out. The food was excellent, from the delicious salads to the great appetizers all the way to the dinners and the side dishes. Even the bread and cheese puffs to start the meal were fantastic. Our waiter was new, but was very eager to please and did a great job. Overall we had an excellent night.Special Features:
- OutstandinganonymousDined on 5/2/2014Perfect seating. Courtesy champagne for our anniversary celebration. Great food. Could not have been better.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGreatNightoutDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I had an anniversary dinner at Aquitaine Bis and were very pleased with both the food and the service. It is, however, expensive and although we certainly would go there again it may be a while. We were seated promptly at an 6:00 p.m. but as the restaurant filled it became quite noisy. I wouldn't suggest it for a first date if a low level conversation is expected. Overall we really enjoyed the experience. It was easy to find and to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aquitaine Bis never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2014This is a very special restaurant, especially for suburbia. Great wine list, polite/patient staff, fabulous vintage posters, nice bar, terrific ad varied menu. Consistently wonderful in every way and a favorite dining experience rain or shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Being in FranceSalemRainbowDined on 4/27/2014Last month we traveled to Paris and through the Champagne region and into the Voges mountains. The experiences we had there were faithfully replicated at Aquitaine, and since we were meeting friends to make recommendations for their upcoming trip to Paris, it was a perfect place. Our servers did an excellent job, and the food was all very delicious. I especially enjoyed the Kale Salad and the Scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SloanDined on 4/26/2014We have eaten there many times. The service an scold is consistently very goodSpecial Features:
- The following 1112 reviews are from the Aquitaine Bis reviews archive.
- Consistenly Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2014Aquataine consistently delivers great food, and excellent service. The staff are always professional and they do not hover or overservice. The food is exceptional. Just the right amount, not too salty or smothered in sauce. The presentation is appealing. It is a neighborhood gem. The prices are fair and the value is exceptional. Consistenly very good.Special Features:
- NJoyDined on 4/20/2014Even with the fire alarm incident, I still give it a 10! The staff was extremely kind and apologetic. We had a lovely Easter Brunch. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed DealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014Mixup in order: Trout instead of Veal Schnitzel. Steak excellent, trout good, sole not so good.
- good foodflyfishDined on 4/19/2014Good food, good service, small tables too close, a biut priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.