11 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainechestnuthill.com/
- Phone: (617) 734-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Seth Woods
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie McLaughlin 617-734-8400x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 for info.
A word from Aquitaine Bis
Aquitaine Bis brings Paris and one of Boston's favorite Bistros to the suburbs. Executive Chef Seth Woods' seasonal menu feature all the favorites and traditions of Aquitaine - Bar à Vin Bistrot in the South End along with new items created specifically for the Newton location.Continued
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aquitaine Bis - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Aquitaine Bis reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (53)great for brunch (35)romantic (27)special occasion (25)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (16)good for groups (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- ServicemerylbeansDined on 11/22/2014Our waitress met the basic needs of service but she was not warm or friendly. She never made eye contact with us and seemed indifferent. Her attitude was so in contrast to the warmth of the environment that makes one feel as though you are in a lovely Paris cafe'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014I really appreciate a place that can provide an amazing meal at a reasonable price with a good wine list, great atmosphere, attentive service and honest food. I also like that the different Aquitaine locations have a different feel but stay true to the experience. I will be back again and again. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good atmosphereTwinklingtoesDined on 11/16/2014I went here for brunch to celebrate my birthday. The food was great, however, the noise level was way to high to even have a decent conversation with my family. Our waiter was very slow with bringing eggs out to the table, and was not very attentive overall to our table. However, like I said, the food was great. If you go here, don't be surprised if you have to wait a while to get your order; but it is definitely worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aquitaine was great as usual! Food was superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014We have been to Aquitaine before and they never disappoint. This time they really outdid themselves. The food was great and they even bought us a drink when our table was not ready when they thought it would be. They even remembered my birthday! Great place, great food, great service! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attractive, easily accessible & gt selection.MargotVIPDined on 11/14/2014The luncheon featuring French onion soup and half sandwich is good. The soup arrives hot, however the chicken salad was swimming in mayonnaise. Ample salad selection, and delicious chocolate mousse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014This restaurant is a solid bet. Good food, good service. Wine list a bit limited. This is our default restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Slightly Disappointing:SLPNDined on 11/11/2014I have dined at this restaurant many times. I often left thinking it was the best one out of all the other locations. The food this past experience however was less than impressive. Tuna, bland and did not reflect what was on the menu. Not only that the salad too did the same. The ingredients on the menu should reflect the ingredients in the dish, no surprises, nothing left out, etc. Customers notice. I will not be back again anytime soon.
- wish we'd liked it moreNewtonDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014An unpleasant exchange with the hostess (snarky, one-sided, not into customer service) set us off, we determined not to return. Then our nice server & the delicious food swayed us altogether. Food was well prepared: special Beef Short Rib Bourgignonne and Veal Schnitlzel were perfectly cooked and delicious. The kitchen switched out haricot verts for potatoes with no problem- nice service! Lttle puffy cheese things at the start are to die for. Espresso caps the meal. I think we'll return, BUT here's a question for them: why no entry off the back parking lot? Ridiculous, no good reason (hostess explained it's to protect coats from being stolen-not likely). All other businesses have rear entry- make it work or we may not come back.
- Consistency in qualityKarelVIPDined on 11/8/2014Aquitaine Bis continues to be a great bistro which remains affordable with an excellent quality of food and a simple menu, which is exactly what a bistro should be. An affordable wine list makes it a perfect place.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchKarlDined on 11/2/2014Had a party of 10 for sunday brunch all of us professional people. Service was somewhat slow but we were not in a rush so it was fine. Waiter was pleasant. Food was OK. Poor presentation and awful serving of fries with the omlete which was served with soggy toast was a real dissapointment. No ones food was that bad but no one raved either. Got the feeling the lingering hostess wanted the table as soon as we had finished by standing by and configuring in her mind. Rather uncomfortable given the fact we wanted to stay and chat but this place is not the place to linger. Probably come again but not with such a large group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service butKimSVIPDined on 11/1/2014recent changes put less food in a plated meal. For example, the trout doesn't come with the same amount of sides. So, getting a salad and the trout dish doesn't feel like a complete meal. Bring back more sides with the dinner entrees.
- Pleasant and expectedthierryhubertDined on 11/1/2014As a French men who loves food and seeks the comfort of french food on occasions, I find this restaurant very comfortable with a traditional french menu. Great place to go after shopping. I am not very impressed with suburbs mall restaurants in general, but this one makes you forget the commercial surroundings.Special Features:
- What was up??Gem1VIPDined on 10/29/2014There were very few people in the restaurant. The waitress kept coming over and then disappeared when we were ready. When she brought the food, she totally brought the wrong item. The made our lunch less than pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBoston101Dined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. Love the Chestnut Hill location...close to Superluxe theater. We often schedule dinnerand a movie. Restaurant gets crowded si book earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best neighborhood spotBostonlocalDined on 10/24/2014We love Aquitaine Bis. The food, service and ambiance are outstanding. Everything is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total non caringcriticVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been to this retaurant often. On this Sunday, 4 of us were there for brunch. When our food hadn't arrived in an hour, we asked the waiter and he said it would be out soon. When the women seated next to us got there food after just ordering, we found the manager and he said there was an error in the kitchen. My food came out wrong and he did correct it but never came over to check and it was still not correct. After sitting an hour and a half, we were presented with the full $50 bill. We weren't looking for a free meal but there had to be something he could have done to make us feel less upset. This same thing happened last year at Aquitaine in Dedham and we will never go back to either one.
- Early BrunchLeeLeeVIPDined on 10/12/2014We're up early and want brunch before 11 am on a Sunday. Aquitaine Bis was the perfect find while we were out of town!Special Features:
- Great food. Great Service.AnickaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Yes! Great Food and great service. But the new manager should learn to be a little more of a people person. You do not greet your customers sulking and plain unfriendly. Maybe this is his first job dealing w public. My husband and I go to Aquitaine Bis frequently as we love the high quality food and the super service. On the OpenTable reservation we had asked for a certain server we like even though they are all wonderful. The manager showed us to a table that was not that server's table even though it was early in the evening and 90 percent of the tables were empty. The previous managers had all been very accommodating. I am hoping he will have a better attitude next time.Special Features:
- Jm877985Dined on 10/11/2014Had brunch there last Sunday. I had not been to this particular location in a long time, however I was disappointed with overall experience Food was just adequate and service was not much better.
- Aquitaine Bis is perfect!GreatCuisinePassionDined on 10/10/2014A friend and I love to go to Aquitaine Bis for dinner as often as we can. Set in the lower Chestnut Hill Mall, you are in a Paris Bistro from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. The service is wonderful, the menu varied and interesting, the desserts out of this world. Very nice wine list, too. Hightly recommend Mussels or Warm Beet Salad to start, or classic Onion Soup, followed by Sole Meuniere over potato puree and vegetables or trout, although the chicken is perfect, as well. Active bar scene but not over- powering to dinner guests. Apple Tarte tatin was a perfect finish although the Chocolate mousse and warm pudding cake are also outstanding. Reservations often a must. Wonderful spot for a winter lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceBullyVIPDined on 10/8/2014The staff of this restaurant is outstanding. AAndrew, Debbie, Elizabeth and others are welcoming, efficient and helpful. Food quality is good but changes preparation have made desserts less tasty and less appealing. New chef overloads things with salt.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!CaldinerDined on 9/28/2014We have been there twice and both times enjoyed it immensely. Some of us had omelettes, which were terrific and we would also recommend the French toast. I had one of the best Cobb salads I have ever had. I look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Customers not a priorityKenCanDined on 9/28/2014This unfortunate brunch dining experience started with our OpenTable reservation. Upon arriving, we had to wait 30 minutes beyond our reserved time because the hostess felt it necessary to seat non-reservation repeat customers ahead of customers with OpenTable reservations. Why bother with OpenTable if they won't honor reservations? Once seated, we had to wait 10 minutes for a waiter who then took 15 minutes to bring our drinks. When the food arrived 1 hour later, the chocolate french toast was tasteless, dry, cold and had Hershey syrup on top as the chocolate. A scrambled egg plate was cold and had dry, hard potatoes. Overall the atmosphere was pretentious at best, but the service and food really made this an exceptionally poor experience.
- Good food - if it isn't coldBigfoodieDined on 9/28/2014Food was good but the service was terrible. I believe they were under staffed so willing to give them another shot.Special Features:
- yummy foodallergycoupleDined on 9/26/2014They were knowledgeable and helpful around our food allergies (gluten, soy, tomatoes). The food was very tasty. My husband's meal was small, and we felt he should have been warned that he may need a substitution since he couldn't have the tomatoes included. I got the cod and was extremely pleased. Normally, it would have been enough for me to take home, but I was particularly hungry. since we each got only an entrée, our bill was very reasonable.
- robertDined on 9/26/2014food ordinary. cooked fish times two almost raw even with 2 chances. would not recommend
- maxhowDined on 9/23/2014We celebrated a friend's 80th birthday. When we arrived we got the table I requested and there were happy birthday sparkles on the table. We all had the veal chop special and it was excellent. Great drinks and Lindsay was the perfect waitress. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwefulTheDinerDined on 9/17/2014The wait staff was going in circles, tables were complaining, the food took forever. The onion soup was a hunk of bread with hardly any broth over it and the salad was soggy. When the entrees showed up it looked like cafeteria food - all entrées had the same corn medley on the bottom and the fish or pasta thrown on top. Nothing like the preparation described in the menu. We have been there many times in the past and were shocked at the decline - the place is a disaster, stay away!
- good restaurantfranksDined on 9/14/2014a good restaurant, good food, good wine list, good locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We had a lovely dinner at Aquitaine Bis - the food was good - the service attentive - we would go back -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I've loved this restaurant for years. Consistently excellent food, always good service and I just plain like the atmosphere. Closest you can get to Paris in Chestnut Hill. My stand-by favorite.Special Features:
- Will defintiely return again!dmaryDined on 9/6/2014Great experience - energetic on a Saturday night - with good food and excellent service. We look forward to returning and exploring the menu further. Seating is close (typical of most places these days) so don't expect a cozy romantic dinner, unless you like sharing such events with the table next to you! :)Special Features:
- Predictably GoodBlondieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Limited menu but predictably good. I usually get the Lemon Sole Meuniere and my husband gets the Papparardelle with Lobster. If the menu was more varied, we would come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a place to check out!JLTDDined on 8/25/2014I absolutely loved Aquataine. My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary and it was the perfect spot for a relaxed dinner where you want to be wined and dined. The food was spectacular and the service was super friendly. This restaurant is a gem! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodArtemusDined on 8/23/2014Good service, well prepared dishes, unpretentious. The latter is especially refreshing for a French eatery. Competent bar. Located in a shooping center---just close your eyes and go right in. Can get pricey with drinks and dessert, but worth it.Special Features:
- Good food YummLovecookingandeating14Dined on 8/23/2014My first time for dinner and I found it excellent preparation and taste. I'll be coming more often for dinner. Wine list excellent thank you 😋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow KitchenJOHNVIPDined on 8/22/2014Maybe because it was Friday night and restaurant week, but the kitchen seemed to be having a hard time getting food out in a timely manner. Our server was attentive and had to apologize more than once for meals being late. To us as well as others. Otherwise, everything was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsBullyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food and service always great. We eat there frequently,Special Features:
- Fine mealWallysDadDined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal during Restaurant week. The heirloom tomatoes, swordfish and peach crumble were all outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Loved the food, the ambiance and friendliness of the servers. Will definitely go again to try out their brunch. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.