11 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aquitainechestnuthill.com/
- Phone: 6177348400
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am-3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Seth Woods
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aquitaine is available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 today for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie McLaughlin 617-734-8400x
- Special Events: Available for LUNCH starting at $20/person and Dinner starting at $30/person (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages,tax and tip). We can accommodate both semi-private dining and private dining for groups of 10-100 people. Call 617-734-8400 for info.
A word from Aquitaine Bis
Aquitaine Bis brings Paris and one of Boston's favorite Bistros to the suburbs. Executive Chef Seth Woods' seasonal menu feature all the favorites and traditions of Aquitaine - Bar à Vin Bistrot in the South End along with new items created specifically for the Newton location.Continued
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
We serve lunch and dinner daily including a popular brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aquitaine Bis - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
Aquitaine Bis reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (29)special occasion (25)great for lunch (22)romantic (20)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- good restaurantfranksDined on 9/14/2014a good restaurant, good food, good wine list, good locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We had a lovely dinner at Aquitaine Bis - the food was good - the service attentive - we would go back -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will defintiely return again!dmaryDined on 9/6/2014Great experience - energetic on a Saturday night - with good food and excellent service. We look forward to returning and exploring the menu further. Seating is close (typical of most places these days) so don't expect a cozy romantic dinner, unless you like sharing such events with the table next to you! :)Special Features:
- Predictably GoodBlondieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Limited menu but predictably good. I usually get the Lemon Sole Meuniere and my husband gets the Papparardelle with Lobster. If the menu was more varied, we would come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a place to check out!JLTDDined on 8/25/2014I absolutely loved Aquataine. My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary and it was the perfect spot for a relaxed dinner where you want to be wined and dined. The food was spectacular and the service was super friendly. This restaurant is a gem! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodArtemusDined on 8/23/2014Good service, well prepared dishes, unpretentious. The latter is especially refreshing for a French eatery. Competent bar. Located in a shooping center---just close your eyes and go right in. Can get pricey with drinks and dessert, but worth it.Special Features:
- Good food YummLovecookingandeating14Dined on 8/23/2014My first time for dinner and I found it excellent preparation and taste. I'll be coming more often for dinner. Wine list excellent thank you 😋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow KitchenJOHNVIPDined on 8/22/2014Maybe because it was Friday night and restaurant week, but the kitchen seemed to be having a hard time getting food out in a timely manner. Our server was attentive and had to apologize more than once for meals being late. To us as well as others. Otherwise, everything was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsBullyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food and service always great. We eat there frequently,Special Features:
- Fine mealWallysDadDined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal during Restaurant week. The heirloom tomatoes, swordfish and peach crumble were all outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Loved the food, the ambiance and friendliness of the servers. Will definitely go again to try out their brunch. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageBostonfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service and food were very average. The poultry delivery had not arrived so no items were available that contained chicken which was somewhat limiting. Nothing was bad....but again nothing was good.
- Excellent overallBullyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat there two timws a week on average, and always enjoy its welcoming staff and fine food.Special Features:
- SNOOKIEVIPDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoyed this from the day they were opened, a long time ago. Good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousDebrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014Aquitaine Bistro is consistently a favorite place to fine. Both lunch and dinner are excellent. Classic French dishes are paired with new creatively delicious specials . Cocktails are always a treat and ever changing . Try a new one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly excellentkeithmVIPDined on 8/3/2014We started with fried Oysters..Outstanding crisp & moist. Richard had the Escargots,again excellent.Very traditional style.Next I had the Soft Shelled Crab. Best I've had all year(several times,a favorite of mine)Richard had the roast Chicken. Tender & moist. For dessert I had the Pain Perdu, kind of a Maple french toast. I always get it herem as it's outstanding. richard had the Chocolate Mousse. Rich with dark Chocolate & not too sweet. As always Aquitaine is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect French restaurantTheflorentineDined on 8/2/2014Amazing service , amazing food , amazing small portions , very short waiting for the food to come . Very good interior decor .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judeVIPDined on 7/30/2014food was good but I must say very sparse for the price charged
- Very nice as always!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/26/2014Aquitane is always so consistent, another delicious dinner! Order the gumbo off of their pre fix! Soooo good. Trout was perfect, as we're the escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFlukeDined on 7/26/2014Was not too busy on a Saturday night but maybe the crowd had come earlier. Regardless, this is a place where you can enjoy great surroundings, food and wine and in our case, great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last supperbeanDined on 7/20/2014Took my husband there for the last dinner before he had surgery with our out of town company. that says a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, as usualfoodiesnobmomDined on 7/20/2014We opened the place at 5:30P on a Sunday. Service and food were both excellent as usual. They are very accommodating to families, but the majority of patrons here are elegantly mature.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerDined on 7/19/2014Outstanding summer-time meal experience--the fish was excellent and the service was enjoyable. Well worth a visit especially if in Newton or close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCvjvVIPDined on 7/19/2014A plus for great food and beautiful presentation. Nice portions so one does not feel overly stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceEatwithgustoDined on 7/16/2014The meal was enjoyable and there were quite a few specials for a weekday evening. We dined on endive salad, escargot, scallops and gumbo, all excellent. The Trimbach Pinot Gris we ordered accompanied the meal well and we enjoyed an apple tart for dessert. Service was prompt, and not overly familiar, which is the way I prefer it.Special Features:
- Late-night romantic dining is fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2014I took my girl out to a birthday dinner here on a Monday night at 9PM. We virtually had the restaurant all to ourselves. Our Server was patient as we enjoyed each other's company. Both Host and Server were accommodating with my instructions via OpenTable to (1) sit at either a booth or corner table, and (2) provide a cake and candle without me having to ask them in person. Also, Aquitaine was very kind to give us the cake for free.Special Features:
- Best Steak Frites Around!dooleyarnoldVIPDined on 7/9/2014I hit the jackpot with these steak frites! They were mouth-wateringly delicious. I ordered extra rare on the rare side, and it came out to perfection. The juice was wonderful, and so good with the frites and spinach. I have such pleasant memories of it that I begin salivating at when I think about it. Yes, yes, yes, I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealDebbiDined on 6/29/2014We were at Aquitaine to celebrate a birthday and had a reservation for 4, celebrating a birthday. The table had Happy Birthday confetti on it on our arrival, a very nice touch! The food was absolutely delicious, we had great choices for brunch including several different cocktails. We will definitely come back to Aquitaine Bis!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We come here often for birthdays, mother's day, etc. The food is always reliably excellent, varied menu, great drinks, wonderful service. Great bread. Love that the noise level is so that we can hear each other at the table. We have always had wonderful service.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberTalosbadDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately, Aquitaine was not as good I remember from the last time I was in Boston. The Eggs Benedict was too lemony and not much taste.
- Reliable experienceGood2goDined on 6/13/2014This is restaurant that is good almost every time ...great place to go at the end of long weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!FineFrenchDiningDined on 6/12/2014I had been to the Boston location for drinks before but never had the food; what a mistake! This will be my go to place for fine French dining! It took us nearly 20 minute to decide what we wanted to eat because everything sounded so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyVIPDined on 6/10/2014the waitress was quite busy, but when she finally got to us(after taking orders from 2 other tables who arrived after us) she was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had the daily special duck confit with cranberry & Farrell. it sounded different than it was. excellent. My husband had the veal schnitzel. a little too breaded for his taste, but I liked the flavor. Choc. muse for dessert was heavenly.Special Features:
- Bon Voyage! - Party of ThreeDanielKDined on 5/31/2014One person is retiring at the end of the academic year and moving to Florida. Another announced that she too was moving late summer - husband was recently tendered an offer letter-and that we were the first to know all the news. Saturday's brunch included two friends from the office-although we have each moved within the company, we remain friendly to this day. We have vacationed together; attended baptisms, bris, namings, first communions and confirmations; We take care of each other and their entire family as if they were our own-well, they are family. You simply can not go wrong here - they have something for everyone and they turned what was a melancholy brunch (saying goodbye sucks) into an afternoon of loving memories.Special Features:
- Suburban FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2014Excellent food. Always well-prepared food with fresh ingredients, interesting prep and impeccable service. Consistency with flair.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 5/19/2014Always reliable and one of our favorites. WE go regularly so I don't need to keep writing reviews.Special Features:
- The following 1125 reviews are from the Aquitaine Bis reviews archive.
- Outstanding FoodZarouhieDined on 5/19/2014I took one of our potential recruits there. We loved the quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpTabVIPVIPDined on 5/15/2014Another great dinner with Pei Lee serving us so very efficiently. The trout was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchjthorDined on 5/11/2014Visited Aquitaine Bistro in Chestnut Hill for Mother's Day. It was quite busy, and we waited about 10 minutes for our reservation. The menu was varied. I ordered an omelet, and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch, good servicefoodloverDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed our brunch on Mother's Day, food was very good and service excellent. Enjoyed the duck hash & eggs, the Nicoise salad especially. Only complaint was there was no bread available because it was brunch (?) Server was pleasant and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.