420 N. Middletown Road
Pearl River, NY 10965Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquaterragrille.com/
- Phone: 8459201340
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon-Sat: 11:30am - 3pm
BRUNCH: Sun: 11am - 3pm
DINNER: Sun-Thurs: 3pm - 10pm; Fri & Sat: 3pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: AquaTerra Grille offers the ideal setting for your next private event. We would be happy to assist you with planning your special occasion by providing customized catering packages for both lunch and dinner. For more information about our catering options, please contact us at 845.920.1340
- Private Party Facilities: Look no further than AquaTerra Grille to host your next holiday party, rehearsal dinner, shower, corporate event, luncheon, birthday, or anniversary celebration. Our private rooms accommodate 10-110 guests. AquaTerra Grille’s flexible catering packages are designed to please every palate and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Stacy Lambos 8886064114
A word from AquaTerra Grille
Welcome to AquaTerra Grille, a casual family restaurant featuring the freshest seafood (Aqua) and most delectable meats (Terra). Nestled in the heart of Rockland County, NY, AquaTerra Grille offers an atmosphere that combines the elements of water and earth, to provide an unforgettable dining experience. From the splendor of the aquatic bar to the natural beauty of the outdoor patios to the tantalizing Modern American cuisine, you will discover that AquaTerra Grille is the ideal setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AquaTerra Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (8)romantic (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was picked as a good midway spot when meeting up with some family from jersey. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service was excellent. We would recommend this place to anyone and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Friends Get TogetherTappanTravelerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Given the intense heat, I felt additionally incentived to seek good good, comfort and air conditioning. We had a party of 7. Called since 6 is max on Open Table. Owner's don quickly mDe the adjustment and suggested s round table on the window. The additional advantage is that the seating offered a modicum of privacy. Jean was our waitress. Two of us asked for entree portions in an appetizer. We were easily accommodated. Lingered over coffee and s round of their signature peach Melbas. Delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmmm....mangiandoDined on 8/23/2014We chose AquaTerra on a kind of whim--change up our routine by going across the river instead of into Manhattan. We were seated immediately and quickly offered a room at the back when the first table seemed too noisy. It is difficult to rate service--it was both gracious and exceedingly slow. We waited over an hour for our relatively simple entrees--the wait with no visible attention to it led us to complain. I must say that the staff responded very graciously, and the maitre d' came to offer an explanation and an apology, with a glass of wine on the house. I found this particularly commendable given that the way the complaint was issued (not by me) seemed a bit harsh. Our waiter was good, and the food was terrific! Very cool menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed my visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I wanted to take my 7 year old and 2 year old somewhere nice for Brunch. My 7 year old couldn't stop talking about how good the food was. I had to agree. I can't wait to return with thte rest of the family. Thank you for such a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great BrunchTappanTravelerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Needed a venue for an unhurried visit with an old friend. Brunch at Aqua Terra was perfect. An unhurried meal in pleasant surroundings and unhurried by staff. Dana was our server and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Very Good-Service Not!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our third visit this summer. As usual there was no hostess at the check in counter. This has happened before. Our friends were already seated. No one came to offer us water or bread. Our waitress was more interested in getting us alcoholic beverages than anything else. We had to ask several busboys (high school summer help) for water and bread on several occasions before we were served. We waited a long time for our dinner and the restaurant was not busy. A busboy, not our waitress, brought our food and did not know who to give what to. Eventually the waitress reappeared to see if everything was alright. Too little too late.
- Good food, good timesDine2niteDined on 8/8/2014Really nice restaurant, great food, excellent service. A thoroughly satisfying dinning experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always A PleasureWeluvXDined on 8/7/2014The ambiance is very soothing and relaxing. The fish always tastes fresh. I loved my pecan coated tilapia and my husband enjoyed his bronzino.Special Features:
- Lovely place for food with friendslvbks40Dined on 8/6/2014Good service and nice food selection. My paella was scrumptious ! Very nice decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food...great servicepaddlegrl9VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was good, not great although service was outstanding. My friend and I split a Greek salad with chicken (chicken was a bit dry and lettuce had a lot of romaine cores in it), chicken quesadillas (thankfully these were perfectly crispy and the best thing we had) and spinach dip (too watery but still tasty). Our server was absolutely fantastic and I give her a ton of credit as the table next to us complained about everything and were not very friendly. If you are looking for good food at a good price, i recommend AquaTerra but probably not if you are looking for a more upscale or romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchyiayaDined on 7/20/2014This has become our "go-to" brunch place in the neighborhood when we have friends over. It is close, the food is good and abundant and the price is right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet conversation and great foodMimfDined on 7/9/2014When two friends need a quiet place to have a great dinner and a quiet place to talk for hours, this is it in Rockland County. Unobtrusive yet very attentive service and did I say it was pleasantly quiet on a Wednesday evening? Branzino was excellent.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedTappanTravelerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Revisit for a Saturday night dinner with our pastor. Specials are, as usual, creative and truly specials. Tried a cream of asparagus soup with crabmeat. Terrific. Then to a seafood combo. Equally hasty with light sauce. Regular waitress Jean took good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pearl rivernyirishannDined on 7/4/2014Its a nice restaurant. It has something for everyone. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreezeDined on 6/27/2014I would highly recommend going to AquaTerra Grille. The food was delicious, waitress knowledgeable and friendly. We were lucky to get an outdoor table on a beautiful night. Has great bar drink specials through the week. I found a new favorite spot to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrecklesDined on 6/15/2014More pricey than quoted on menu, but it was fathers Day, if you go for brunch do not order anything but mimosas, Bloody Mary was $9.99 each, still all you can drink, but mimosas were includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 287 reviews are from the AquaTerra Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014Consistently good food. Service was a bit slow this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Dinner.LawdogDined on 5/16/2014We were very pleased by Our dinner experience. The establishment had a warm, inviting atmosphere and the service was lovely. I usually order a very simple dish for my first meal. When attention and care is paid to something simple and run of the mill, that says a great deal. We will definitely return. We will be back. We would also be happy to bring friends.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningALANDined on 5/14/20145 Star from service to ambiance to food quality and value. We tried AT during restaurant week, liked it and went back. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean Up !eatwellDined on 5/11/2014Our server dropped one of the appetizers we ordered and it sat on the floor behind my son's chair until I told the host about it. Numerous servers walked by and no one bothered to clean it up. Food took far too long to arrive. Not happy with the experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and foodBellaDined on 5/11/2014Had a beautiful Easter and Mother's day at Aqua Terra. The food, service, the staff just wonderful!Special Features:
- good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Try it you'll like it and want to come again. Good food and a quiet pleasant friendly place to eat and meet with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2014Excellent main course selections. Although we did have to ask for bread after the drinks were served and before the salads came out. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Would highly recommend to others -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food when avail but too loudMT280Dined on 5/4/2014Very busy brunch spot,but avoid the back room where they put groups--SO LOUD--can barely have a conversation.The large groups have fun though. Go with a no more than four people and sit in a booth elsewhere. Staff is overwhelmed--took very long to get coffee/drinks etc,but plate clearing was prompt.The buffet area is poorly sited for the number of patrons and there isn't adequate room to navigate the different set-ups. The serving trays are too small to keep up with the demand, and with each pass, they were only about 50% full.The kitchen can't keep up with the demand.Once available, the food is pretty good.The $20pp is reasonable but doesn't include a cocktail. I would recommend this brunch only if you could go when it's less crowded.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSCRAnnivDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I went to AquaTerra for our anniversary dinner and we were delighted with the food and service. I had the scallops with spinach and mushroom risotto which was excellent and my husband had steak with potatoes and veggies which was also quite good. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was excellent. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Courteous/Disabled Diners IgnoredRR316Dined on 4/20/2014I wanted to recommend ATG, but can't. Just like dining at IHOP but much more expensive. Took my handicapped mother out for a special Easter brunch. Made sure we were there early (with res. and advance call) so we could get in and not slow anyone else down. We needn't have worried. The staff ignored us and blew past us to seat two large (well-dressed but obnoxious) families with small kids as if we hadn't been the first people on line. It only got worse. Well-behaved family of four, also in for a special brunch, were seated beside us. ALL of us were ignored for about 15 mins. until I spoke up.The staff fussed over the adults in ripped dirty clothing nearby and two loud ill-mannered women with their food-throwing tots. Pass this one by.
- Solid joint for fishSimpleDinerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Hard to find affordable fish that tastes healthy and good. This place serves up decent dinners, not overly ambitious in style. Decor sort of a hodgepodge. General vibe is of a big old seasonal joint beside a lake, worn and well-loved. However, there is no lake here and it lacks the charm of such an old place. Its a very friendly place. Everyone, hostess, servers and bussers really seemed to want us to be there and were full of smiles and chatter. That matters in this crazy world full of hustle and bustle.Special Features:
- Food was goodShazzGWDined on 4/18/2014The food was very good as was the atmosphere. A few glitches with our dinners only because we had a few "dietary restrictions" due to the holidays which we should have addressed beforehand. Other than that, it was a good meal and we will definitely be back. The pasta dishes as well as the fish dishes were excellent! Cannot comment on dessert we didn't have any. Next time though, we will!Special Features:
- Not specialKathid23VIPDined on 4/5/2014Like eating at an upscale diner but the food was ok.
- Always a great stopTappanTravelerVIPDined on 4/5/2014Booked on the occasion of my former Pastor returning from winter in Florida. He always enjoys the food as do well. He did a chicken breat special stuffed Italian style. I scallops and my wife a steak. Always a good choice. Their signature desert, Peach Melba, is made for sharing. Try it and try Aqua Terra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on the moneylifeisgoodDined on 4/4/2014Always a good evening - from staff to food - always good food and great service....Special Features:
- Good ambience, poor serviceDinner4FiveVIPDined on 3/22/2014Surprised at how lovely this restaurant was. Good for a night out, nice ambience. Our server was disappointing, rushed, and didn't seem to care. The food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just la dee dahLovetwoeatDined on 3/21/2014Everything was good. Nothing fantastic.My guest enjoyed her salmon and I had the stuffed pork chop they were both good, But again nothing to run back for. I would recommend this restaurant for Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodKucker64Dined on 3/21/2014Went on a Friday evening. Great Corn/Crab bisque. Wife's Onion soup was solid, but not great. Seafood dishes were very good. Also were great salads. Some minor mixups, but great overall service - very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Dinner was delicious and the service was excellent. We took advantage of the restaurant week menu and enjoyed all of our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outALANDined on 3/20/2014The restaurant week menu was limited which forced me to order out of my comfort zone. Was I glad I did. We paired with the wines, a generous pour. The beets with cheese were excellent as were the egg plant fritters. My wife had the glazed salmon which was done perfectly. I had the stuffed pork chop which came on the bone, but sliced. It was delicious. We were too full for desert ,but almost finished them anyway. Coffee was served in individual carafes, which gave us the "extra" cup. Service was welcoming and attentive. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJodyDined on 3/15/2014Ths restaurant should not ave participated.....it was more economical to et on regular menu. Additionally both desserts on restaurant week menu contained nuts....so two of two?Special Features:
- Great findHdsnboatDined on 3/14/2014This place pleasantly surprised us. The service was terrific. Our server was quick to refill our drinks (water and soft drinks), the food came out of the kitchen quickly, but didnt taste like it was previously made. They were very accomodating to kids. It is also noisy, so would be fine with a large family group with children. The food was fresh and tasty. I had a special seafood and orzo and for a appetizer a mussels saganaki. Very good. For dessert I had the baklava. It was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014For a seafood restaurant, there was a surprising lack of seafood choices on the lunch menu. Iceberg wedge salad was smothered with too much blue cheese dressing. Crab bisque was salty. My guests both ordered tilapia & orzo and were happy with their meals. Neighboring table had a salmon dish that looked appetizing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2014Loved the food and great service. Will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.