0470 Southwest Hamilton Court
Portland, OR 97239Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riversedgehotel.com/eat_drink.php
- Phone: 5038025850x
- Hours of Operation:
Aquariva is open for
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 10:00AM.
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Weekend Brunch: 8:00AM - 2:30PM.
Dinner daily: 5:00PM - 9:00PM.
Bar daily: 3:00 - 10PM.
Happy Hour daily: 3 - 6:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seth Tucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Aquariva provides full-service catering for all events for River's Edge Hotel & Spa. For more information please contact Nichole Desphy at 503-802-5812 or at email@example.com
- Special Events: Aquariva's river view private banquet facilities are ideal for weddings and special events. Inquire about our riverside lawn perfect for ceremonies and photo opportunities!
- Cross Street: Hamilton Court
- Public Transit: Portland's Streetcar service ends three blocks from Aquariva. Take the Streetcar from anywhere downtown heading though PSU and RiverPlace. Disembark at the last streetcar stop (Lowell and Bond) and follow the walkway South to Hamilton Court and Aquariva!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: SW Hamilton Court is just past the new South Waterfront development on Macadam Avenue (Hwy 43). From downtown, head south on Highway 43 (Macadam). SW Hamilton Court is the first left off Macadam Avenue (at light). NOTE: for GPS entry, use address 4650 SW Macadam Ave, Portland, Oregon 97239. Complimentary Valet parking is available.
A word from Aquariva
Easygoing and dramatic elegance. Relaxed sophistication. Perfect riverside location. Aquariva offers a seasonally-inspired menu on the banks of the Willamette River just minutes from downtown. Outdoor riverside patio dining. Complimentary valet parking and wireless internet access. NOTE: When using GPS, enter address 4650 SW Macadam Ave, Portland, Oregon 97239.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Aquariva - Best Restaurants in South Waterfront ›
Aquariva reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)romantic (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Stumbeled upon a findlittlevandalVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went to Auariva because it was new to us and in a friend's new neighborhood. Although it was dark, the river just outside the windows provides a lovely element to the ambiance. There were lighted boats going up and down the river which was very pleasing. By the glass wines were good and reasonably priced. The entrees were quite large and were prepared well. The staff were attentive yet not intrusive. It was a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- One of Portland's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We have gone to Aquariva multiple times, and each time we were impressed. We have never had a better waitress than our's on Saturday night. The food is excellent, and beautifully presented. Their chef is top notch. The view on the Willamette River is worth getting there before sundown. Even if you just stop for a drink in the bar, it's a stunning setting. The wine list is good, too. We think that this is one of Portland's best kept restaurant secrets - and it shouldn't be a secret. Our dinner party made a pact that we would go to Aquariva more often.Special Features:
- River front gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We were looking for a place to have lunch with a view of the Willamette River and was pleasantly surprised with Aquariva. We were there on a Sunday and they offered a brunch/lunch menu. However, the three of us found something we each enjoyed.Special Features:
- Dining along the WillametteDatenightVIPDined on 9/26/2014Nice quiet dinner place with a view of the river. Food is seasonally inspired and good but not great. Prices are on the higher end compared to what you get. Staff is helpful and friendly... could be a bit more timely. Parking is challenging in the area... almost have to valet at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location on the riverTodCDined on 9/21/2014I've been to several events that were held at Aquariva, from large milestone birthday parties to multi-day business meetings. The service, amenities, and food are always great. This is the first time I've gone for their Sunday brunch. I'd call it more of a standard breakfast that goes into the afternoon than a brunch. That said, the food was good. Not spectacular, but fine for the price. The service was not very good, though. It took several minutes after being seated to get water and coffee, my coffee cup would sit empty for long periods of time, etc. The server did mention that they had her "going everywhere". The location on the Willamette River in SW Portland is great.Special Features:
- Ladies' NightLongfeatherDined on 9/17/2014A group of 6 met for drinks and dinner and we had a fabulous time. The only exception was one of the bartenders (did not get his name but tall, thin, blondish with glasses) was almost surly. No smiles with his service. The other servers were AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of the way placeGardinerReviewerDined on 9/7/2014Aquariva is a lovely place but really out of the way. Service was superb, food is excellently prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceCJMaloneyDined on 9/6/2014We'd never been to Aquariva but will go back. Awesome service. A very eclectic menu with something for everything. I loved that they had small plates and larger plate selections. Heirloom tomato salad with ricotta was outstanding and my guests loved the beet salad. Both the gnocchi and duck were excellent according to my guests. I had the polenta (vegetarian) which was dry. The flavors were good but overall I wouldn't recommend it. Desserts were all excellent including a flourless chocolate cake and the carrot cake. I'll definitely go back and try a different dinner.Special Features:
- serviceannaDined on 9/3/2014Once the food is served, it would be nice if the waitress comes back and would ask if everything is okay. My grandson didn't like the taste of the pork shop and we didn't feel like chasing down our waitress. She came a after we were finished. She was attentive at the beginning and towards the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Aquariva!doubleDDined on 8/8/2014I had some friends come in from out of town and I chose Aquariva because it's a beautiful, peaceful setting and I've always had great food and great service there. This visit was no exception. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Just so soWeezieDined on 8/3/2014Outdoor dining area could be improved. There was little opportunity for seating changeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrycritterDined on 7/25/2014Used Open Table at 5pm and got a table reservation at AquaRiva for 6:45. Great so far. Complimentary valet parking with speedy service. Scored an outside table to enjoy the summer evening. This is a great location on the Willamette River. Service is fairly prompt and attentive. Not an inspired menu but interesting small plate choices and a variety of main courses. We tried the rainbow trout appetizer, Bibb lettuce salad, polenta cakes, and lamb roast with roasted vegies. Food was pretty good, not great. Medium rare order for lamb came out rare. Adequate wine choices by the glass. The Rioja was quite good. Overall a good dining experience with a great outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunch on the riverHoyoDined on 7/18/2014Very friendly staff. Delicious and generous lunch with reasonable prices. My wife had mussels and a salad and I had the hangar steak salad. All was beautifully prepared and tasty. Their housemade breads were excellent. Wine list though limited was thoughtful and good. The view though was what made the place super special. Sitting outside under the umbrella on a sunny summer day overlooking the river was what made the place really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceFoodloverDined on 7/14/2014Service was extremely poor and slow. Took 15 minutes to get wine glasses. Bread served without plates. Staff very confused and not coordinated. One staff member was giving us dessert menus and wanted to take our food menu before we had ordered entrees. Not busy on the Monday night we were there and took too long to get our food, which was very mediocre. Lots of training and management needed or this very beautifully situated restaurant will surely go under. Our party of 5 said we'll be laughing about how comically bad the experience was for years to come. Hate to see a place with such potential because of it's attractive interior and location on the Willamette waste it.
- Outside dinner.ChuckDined on 7/11/2014Flat Iron Steak was 4 small slices (not a steak) and served on top of ice-cold potato salad and cold roasted broccoli therefore steak was also cold.Special Features:
- Disappointingjustthe2ofusVIPDined on 7/5/2014We dined at Aquariva over the weekend of the fourth. We chose this restaurant because of the outdoor patio with a great view of the Willamette. The patio view is the best thing this restaurant has to offer. The service was good, the drinks were decent, but we didn't like much of anything else we tried. The brisket was overdone and fatty and the mashed potatoes were so salty as to render them almost inedible. It seems like the food has gone downhill since we first tried the restaurant four years ago. I might go back for the patio, but I'll stick with something small, like drinks and appetizers. For the price, we would have expected better food.Special Features:
- Great view, servicedancVIPDined on 6/27/2014Classy (not trendy), great view of river, attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 545 reviews are from the Aquariva reviews archive.
- Great Service and wonderful foodBlondieDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed dinner one evening and brunch teh next morning. Service was fantastic and food fabulous. Love dinning here when staying at Rivers Edge Hotel and Spa.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014We left before ordering. It felt like a 1985 cafeteria. Terrible ambiance.
- Semi-private room was perfectEintheCovDined on 6/18/2014Had a business lunch there and requested seating with a view yet somewhat quiet and the hostess placed us in a room set for 8 which was perfect for our group! Couldn't be happier with the venue! Food and service was great. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding get togetherweddingpartyDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed a lovely after wedding breakfast with 10 family members. It was a perfect place to enjoy the river scenery and catch up with family members without feeling rushed. The food was great. It was very relaxing.Special Features:
- Convenient, but not greatLakeODined on 6/3/2014Our relatives stay in the Hotel connected to restaurant, so it's convenient and easy, but the food is average at best. The best thing we had were the fries. Duck was overcooked, carrots undercooked....and the tables are too high for the chairs which made it difficult for my mother in law to see and cut what was in her bowl/dish. The food took a long time to arrive as well.
- Great view, friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2014We went there as a party of nine to celebrate a graduation for brunch. Setting is beautiful with excellent river view. Brunch menu cold have been more elaborate but the food was very good. Service was super friendly but rather slow and some had to wait 10 minutes or longer to get their orders after others were served.
- First timetkgnVIPDined on 5/31/2014A surprising treat for a hotel associated restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is everybody?PortlandwithkidsDined on 5/30/2014Great view, good service, lovely food and boneyard beer on tap. Fantastic! Kids ran down on walkway while waiting for dinner. Great night with friends. Weirdly quietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant!mikeVIPDined on 5/22/2014Each time I visit it just keeps getting better! Our waiter made the celebration all the more special!Special Features:
- Hidden JewelKlientuinDined on 5/16/2014Tucked away, right along the Willamette, this modern restaurant was welcoming in its tree lined setting. The service was excellent and attentive. The food was great with options for both meat lovers and vegetarians. Will definitely return when the weather warms to try the patio seating although the inside seating was comfortable and scenic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for onechloeVIPDined on 5/13/2014great spot to grab a glass of wine and some dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor seatingnavig8Dined on 5/11/2014Looked for a quiet place for Mother's Day brunch and this was perfect. Able to sit outside, watch the river, and have a lovely meal outside in a warm breeze.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Nice selection of option on the menu for Mother's Day brunchSpecial Features:
- Gem on the RivermikeVIPDined on 5/6/2014the service is always so good and the food delicious!Special Features:
- Another delicious brunchEatingwellPDXVIPDined on 5/4/2014Hazelnut encrusted French toast with cherry sauce is about as good as it gets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well kept secretOldPortlanderDined on 4/29/2014This hidden gem along the Willamette River is lovely anytime but even more special on a beautiful sunny day like we had this week. Our server was outstanding, as was the food. Lots of veggie offerings and not the same old stuff. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Special CelebrationsMaximizerDined on 4/26/2014We dined with friends and were happy with our food selections, though would have liked more choices...one chicken dish, brisket, veggie polenta entre and halibut, all delicious. We brought one bottle of wine happy to pay a $15 corkage fee, then bought a special second bottle, which pushed our tab up to nearly $200 with tip, and that was with no dessert or other beverages. Ambiance by the river with lighted boats sailing by could not have been better for this special evening, and service was just right.Special Features:
- Bland BrunchJasperDined on 4/20/2014First time there so not sure if it was an off day for the food but the two different brunch choices my daughter and I had were both bland. Hardly any flavor at all. The atmosphere was good and so was the service- the food just wasn't flavorful. It wasn't terrible just not satisfactory. Nice place though.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchMrsCooperDined on 4/20/2014We had a very nice brunch at Aquariva. Service was great and prices were very reasonable. My only suggestion is changing the wedge salad. It was pretty underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnkellyDined on 4/20/2014the view is nice; the service was great; the food was very average. We had gone 2 years ago for Mother's Day and had a much better experience.
- Grandma's b-daycs3162Dined on 4/12/2014We had a wonderful experience with a 90th birthday party for my mother-in-law. It was secluded without ruining the view. The staff was very accommodating regarding the wheelchair, and our bringing in the dessert the Lady of Honor requested. The food was excellent and the staff anticipated our every need. Highly recommend Aquariva.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view~average foodrambagirlDined on 4/11/2014Waterfront views while dining are my favorite (inside or out). This place is nice for the view. Service was friendly and professional. The menu had a number of dishes that were out of the ordinary and little expensive. I had the rainbow trout. It was a nice little 8-inch fish on a bed of about 6 brussel sprout halves (a little skimpy, but delightful for a lighter fare). My friend had the schnitzel which was tasty, lots of food for the money on this dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItDisappointedDined on 3/21/2014Service and dinner poor. The only thing great was the view of the river in front of us. Valet Parking Only. No parking on your own - no room!!!Expense for the food that was served (March 3-Course Meal Month). Shank/ polenta extremely bland; they had kale salad first course and main course with side of kale - come on! Bread pudding was one piece of bread soaked in syrup - seriously. Had waiter bringing glass of wine and three others serving out dishes.The only thing quick was the check. No salt and pepper on table and they took away knives before main meal arrived. Had to ask for knife - different server had to assist A room with a view - the only positive thing we had.Special Features: