Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
700 Water Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3035614450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Roller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome & can reserve our Nautilus Ballroom, special picnic area, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge & Exhibit areas for your functions.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3035614459
- Entertainment: Aquarium Adventure Exhibit is over one million gallons of family fun! Discover how much fun & mystery lurks in the depths of our planet's aquatic systems. Observe swimming tigers & a variety of aquatic life such as sharks, otters & a vast array of fish from all water around the world. Don't miss out on the opportunity to Snorkel or Dive with the fish & sharks!
Call or visit our website to see the latest events & festivals being held on the weekends. There's always fun & adventure at the Downtown Aquarium!
A word from Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
Dive into food & fun at the Downtown Aquarium – an underwater adventure! We offer a unique dining experience where you are seated in front of 150,000 gallon aquarium centerpiece tank as you dine amongst the fish & coral. You'll love our mouthwatering menu items such as Grilled Mahi & Shrimp, Macadamia Crusted Trout, Bayou Shrimp Pasta, Fried & Broiled Seafood Platters, Sauteed Snapper, Stuffed Flounder, plus Beef, Chicken, Pasta dishes & delectable desserts. Before or after dinner, you can also enjoy cocktails, like our Redfish Rita, in our eclectic Dive Lounge. Continue your adventure & explore our Aquarium Adventure Exhibit with over 1,250,000 gallons of water that house over 500 species of marine life. Sumatran Tigers, Sand Tiger Sharks, Otters, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, Barracuda & other fascinating sea creatures await. Begin your Dining Adventure at Downtown Aquarium today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (156)scenic view (102)special occasion (99)great for lunch (69)good for groups (61)romantic (33)great for brunch (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great--- except-- even though the waiter was n ice he seemed tierd and didnt quite ask if we wanted drink refills..also my plate was later than the rest of the tables.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was ok. Was disappointed overall. Bass Pro Shop has a nicer & better view. Food was good but very over priced for small view of Aq. Would not reccomened for an evening dinner out.
- Great for kids but over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed the kid atmosphere and $1.99 Friday night kids meals but the adult meals weren't very good and over-priced. They are a tourist trap trying to charge ridiculous amounts for alcohol and nickel & dimming you for every upsell they can. Our bill was extremely high for disappointing food. Might try it for lunch just because the kids enjoyed it so much.Special Features:
- Went for the mermaid showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We only went to the aquarium resaurant because our granddaughter wanted to see the mermaid show. We asked for a seat that would give us a good vantage point and they gave us a great table. Unfortunately, the show only lasted 8 minutes and there were so many children standing against the glass right in front of our table that we were almost crowded out. Thankfully I had my gd standing near me by the glass, so she did get to see the short show. She was very happy! The food was good, the prices reasonable, and the decor very appropriate for the aquarium. Our waiter, Richard, was excellent! Overall we had a very good time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool AtmosphereDEEMVIPDined on 8/28/2014The huge aquarium and vibe was neat but the food was mediocre.. A sweet place for a change of scenery and to take the family.Special Features:
- Kid-friendly with 5 star entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014The decor at the restaurant was interesting and fun. It was nice to be able to watch the fish swim by as your eating dinner. Lots of families with children and couples without children as well. Food quality was great - steak was cooked perfectly, green beans were tasty, and the calamari is awesome. The creme brulee was not a "real" creme brulee and tasted more like a pudding and something made out of a box (pre-packaged). Service was attentive and food time was appropriate.Special Features:
- At least onceBertaDined on 8/26/2014This is a nice restaurant for the family. The atmosphere is great for kids - they have live mermaids come into the aquarium tank every so often and the kids are thrilled. The fish are lovely to watch. It's a bit pricey, but the portions are huge. I'd be happier if I ordered some kind of grilled fish because what I ordered was very rich and deep fried. Had a great waitress, very friendly. Overall a good experience that should be tried at least once.Special Features:
- SPECIFIC SPECIALOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014No .other place like it. Fantastic aquarium and the mermaids were an additional plus. Food was above and beyond. Hard to find a better place to take your children. We are an older couple dining alone sitting next to the aquarium so when the mermaids started swimming and the parents le their kids run loose up to the aquarium class susrronding our table while we were eating it wasn't so great. We have children and grandchildren so we are children tolerant. This was just to much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good 1st impressionSharondinesDined on 8/23/2014Parked at the lot across the street , were told the fee was $7 which would be returned after we provided our dinner receipt with ticket. Of course, the parking attendent closed up when we were done with dinner. Later found out our friends that we dined with were not charged for parking in the same lot. Maybe we just looked like suckers. Restaurant was beautiful, waiters were good. I ordered the Shrimp Fresca with shrimp and crab. when my dish arrived the crab was not in the dish at all, instead I got Shrimp, tasteless pasta with a piece of plastic in it. I did let the waiter know and it was taken off our bill. Too bad, it was a beautiful restaurant anyway.Special Features:
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014I looked ahead of time at the menu to make sure that my brother, who was joining us, could afford it, turns out it was the during the week lunch menu that was on the website and the weekend lunch menu was minimum $16 a plate. The food was really not good at all on top of being extremely over priced. I also made reservations ahead of time with notes asking to be close to the tank and with a high chair. When we got there the hostess was rude and said that the tables that were next to the tank were for other people. I had to argue with her and finally got her to let us sit next to the tank. The server was extremely nice and polite, the highlight to the visit. I dont think I will be going back to eat however, any time soon.Special Features:
- Poor food in a fun place for kidsBusymamaDined on 8/22/2014The food in this place is terrible. Awful. But, one wall is a giant fish tank so the kids love it. I've been there twice now. The first time the service was decent, the second time it was as bad as the food. But, the kids had a ball. They are begging to go back. Kids don't really care about food quality or the ridiculous amount of money they charge for bad food. If you don't have kids, I wouldn't waste my time. It's noisy, the food is bad and it's over priced. If you do have kids, it's probably worth a stop once just so you can be the hero for letting them dine with fish. But, this was our last time.Special Features:
- Husbands 75th Birthday PartyLeeBirthdayDined on 8/21/2014We were a group of 12 people. We had very good service. We sat next to the fish so the children with us were very entertained seeing them swim around. The food was very good. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, great atmosphereCindyLDined on 8/17/2014The food is just ok, but the fish tanks are spectacular. This is a great dining choice for kids who like to look at fish. They had both big game fish and tropical fish. The waiter encouraged the children to get up, walk around, and see the different types of fish. The food was basic American. Nothing special. The prices were fair considering the maintenance of the tanks.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceLadyredDined on 8/17/2014My little girl and I enjoyed ourselves so much. She's still talking about the mermaids. The food was fabulous! Waiter was very attentive & friendly. Thank you for making our first time not be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The service was very poor. We waited 15 mins to be greeted, and another 20-25 mins to get back to us with drinks. The restaurant was not busy either so I do not see an excuse. I would love to come back with better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service with mediocre foodJdogbarkn2Dined on 8/16/2014We sat at our table for almost 5 mins. before being greeted. We were told the specials, then the server left without asking if we wanted any drinks. He came back about 3 mins. later to take our drink order. He dropped off our drinks a few mins. later and left again without asking if we were ready to order. About 5 mins. passed and he came back to take our food order. We enjoyed watching the fish while waiting for our food. The food came out and it seemed to not be very hot or cooked enough. One of the dishes had bacon wrapped shrimp with cheese and jalapenos and the cheese was still a solid brick. Only a few bites in our server comes back with dessert tray. A little later a hostess noticed we needed refills and came by to help us.Special Features:
- Really Good Food But SlowamberlinapDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 10, including 2 toddlers. Maybe our waitress was new? She didn't know the prices, couldn't answer about dishes, and had never opened a bottle of wine. We were the first. For the price ($100 for 3 meals, 2 appetizers, and 2 desserts) some of our party seemed offended that she wasn't more "with it". For example, we had no silverware and no plates for appetizers, two dinners were brought out completely cold (not on purpose) and the bills were messed up. That being said, the food was excellent, delicious! The kids loved the mermaid show in the dining room (tables adjacent to a HUGE fish tank), and the waitress was stellar under pressure. She handled our "picky" folks with care and tact. We loved it, despite the hiccups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the Sea funYoungFamilyDined on 8/15/2014If you time it just right, you and your family can enjoy watching as mermaids swim by while you eat you meals. The prices are comparable, the service professional, and the atmosphere utterly enchanting. It is the perfect place to take the whole family out to enjoy a nice meal. The kids are sure to jump with glee as fish, mermaids, and divers swim by. Be sure to get a table ahead of time, as it will cut the wait down. One bonus to this restaurant is that they give you little devices that will work throughout the entire aquarium, so you don't have to worry about staying close to the receptionists desk. ;)Special Features:
- Amazing Aquatic Dining Experience!MellyBellyDined on 8/14/2014The staff were very attentive and helpful from the moment we arrived. They even accommodated our request to be moved to a new table closer to the large tanks, so the children could really see the fish and interact. Food was delicious and promptly served, our server was a delight as he took time to bend down to our kids levels and talk to them about the different species of fish that were swimming by. He patiently answered all their questions about sea life, fish, sharks and eels... children adored him!! (And so did we.) Dessert tray presentation was a beautiful choice of deliciousness and tasted even better than it looked! All in all, it was a very charming, relaxing, enjoyable experience with top notch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and DifferentCHillDined on 8/14/2014Picked this as an end-of-summer lunch spot with my six year old daughter when looking for something different and fun. She loved the mermaid show and watching the fish swim by. The seared tuna salad I had was pricy for what is normally spend on lunch, but was delicious. My daughter had the kids mac 'n cheese and was disappointed. It looked good, with big curley noodles, but the "cheese sauce" tasted like the generic powdered kind and her fries got cold pretty fast. The service we had was great and I would do this again with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I had read a lot of mixed reviews regarding food quality and high prices. Glad we decided to check it out for ourselves! Food was great, served hot and fast! Service was great, very friendly. The chef personally came to our table since one of our kids has tree but allergies. They were very kind and the chef personally delivered his meal. Prices were reasonable. Dining by the aquarium and mermaids was super cool! Walking through the aquarium was fun. Took about 1-1.5 hours depending on how long you look at everything. Kids are 8 and 10 and they had a blast. Nice for something to do that doesn't take all day. We arrived earlier than our reservations and they sat us immediately. Would go back, had a great afternoon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a romantic dinnerJennDined on 8/9/2014We made reservations for mine and my husbands 1st wedding anniversary. It was fun to experience since neither of us had ever gone before but it was more "kid friendly" and casual than we would have liked. I would definitely return and bring my nephews and family and they would love it. The smell was pretty off putting but you get used to it. Normally I would ask for a booth but I would recommend a table next time to be sure we're close enough to the glass to see what's going on. The service was exceptional and the food was quite tasty.Special Features:
- sylviaDined on 8/9/2014My grilled Salom was very blend no seasoning the Manger took it off my bill. Wouldnt remend getting that againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad waiterbadwaiterDined on 8/9/2014Inattentive sever, Ryan. Long wait for food compared to other tables. Blamed kitchen backup but patrons that arrived after us got served before we did.
- GreatMichaelLo83Dined on 8/9/2014Hello, Im not reggie but my name is Mike. I help set up this day for a Co worker of mine and he said he loved it. I was telling him about the moon light speacile but he told me it didnt start until 6 at night? But his over all experience was great because it was better then he imagine sitting right next to the tank. His wife really enjoyed it and had a great time walking around.. He said thank you very much and he would love to come back and possibly thinking about making it every year for his aniversey. His Server was Ashley and She was very helpful and hard worker Thanks, Hope this help out Michael loSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We had little children with us and the service was too low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff & Good FoodSullyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I just moved out here with an infant, and he is at a stage where we really aren't comfortable leaving him with a babysitter we really don't know. I tried hard to find a good place for us to eat that was kid friendly and would hopefully offer him a little bit of entertainment while we ate. Well, he was entertained for about 20 minutes. The staff was great, and managed to bring everything out at the right time even though it was taking us so long to eat while we tended to him. Our sever, Cole, was very prompt and courteous, and our food was very good. Strongly recommend if you are looking for some good food in a family friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun For Kids... Bad serviceSweetAutumnDined on 8/8/2014The Denver Aquarurim is a unique dining experience for young families. The floor to ceiling fish tanks are captivating for the kids but the food and service was terrible. The hostess who sat us down didn't ask if we needed a high chair, she threw the crayons on the table and walked away. We waited for the waitress for well over 10 minutes while she apologized, her service was still bad. Our food came out cold and we had to ask repeatedly for the check. We will never go back there to eat. It was my daughter's birthday and there was nothing special.Special Features:
- God foodSadieDined on 8/7/2014He waiter was very acomadaing. We requested a table by the aquarium and got t fr 5 people . Kids were very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the kids!kzamDined on 8/4/2014The kids had a great time watching the fish swim by and the mermaid shows were a huge hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price Price PriceMyplaceDined on 8/4/2014I had sticker shock when I looked at the menu. The price's were different from the online menu and the kid's had to order off the kid menu since I could not afford to get the shrimp and lobster I promised. Kid's menu with some changes would be great, I could not afford to pay for 4 diners off the adult menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodbumedout8972Dined on 8/4/2014I was really looking forward to great seafood in a spectacular setting like the Denver Aquarium. The setting and service were excellent, however the food left much to be desired. Shrimp was rubbery breading was falling off, sauce of the pasta dish tasted like it was directly out of a canned premade sauce. Rice was over cooked and pasta was also over cooked. At $25.00 a plate this meal was extremely expensive for food that tasted pre-made and heated up. Also the Iced Tea had a bad bitter after taste that lingered.Special Features:
- Mermaids and munchiesMermaidsandmermen8Dined on 8/4/2014We came as a party of 4 adults and 4 kids. The fast service had our kids eating within a short period and then when out meal arrived the mermaids and other aquarium fish kept them happy and occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Beautiful place...food was good...service even better...I'd be glad to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicRelaxingbyfishDined on 8/2/2014We felt the music level and type of music didn't match what we felt the food type (upmarket) was on offer. We had the idea that given the cost of the food and the company who owned the restaurant, as well as the relaxation of watching fish calmly floating in the water, that it would be a more soothing environment. We didn't enjoy how loud the music was (it wasn't overly obnoxious) when wanting to have a quiet conversation, or the rock-style of music that was often playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PontesPontesDined on 8/1/2014Very neat to eat and then walk through the aquarium. The tigers were beautiful and the quality was pretty good. Definitely clean too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining ExperianceBrittK303Dined on 7/30/2014Normally I do not write negative reviews, but this was the WORST dining experience I have had in years. We decided to go here to celebrate my birthday and our first wedding anniversary. We made a reservation and still waited an hour to be seated, then another 25 minutes at our table and NOT ONCE did some one even come bring us water. After waiting to almost 2 hours (with a reservation) we walked out and went to El Senor Sol across the street where we had food in 10 minutes. While the excuse from staff was not enough staff, not once did we receive an apology or anything but rude demeanor from the hostesses. I was so excited to dine here and it was a total disappointment. I would urge anyone considering to make a reservation NOT TO!
- Slow serviceDenvertrek5Dined on 7/28/2014The service was terrible. It took over an hour for our food to arrive after we ordered, our waitress was mia after the food was brought out (good luck getting a drink refill), and she lost our credit card. The food was decent especially for a restaurant at an attraction but really there are much better places nearby.Special Features:
- fun for special occasionsbaileylindaDined on 7/26/2014The prices are a bit steep but food and service are really good. I love this place for special outings with my grandkids!Special Features:
- Recent dinnerluvs2eatathomeDined on 7/26/2014Found the fish excellent. Cole slaw rather dry and flavorless. Gumbo, stuffed shrimp, stuffed crab too hot (more like Cajun spiced). Great atmosphere as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.