Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
700 Water Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (303) 561-4450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Roller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome & can reserve our Nautilus Ballroom, special picnic area, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge & Exhibit areas for your functions.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3035614459
- Entertainment: Aquarium Adventure Exhibit is over one million gallons of family fun! Discover how much fun & mystery lurks in the depths of our planet's aquatic systems. Observe swimming tigers & a variety of aquatic life such as sharks, otters & a vast array of fish from all water around the world. Don't miss out on the opportunity to Snorkel or Dive with the fish & sharks!
Call or visit our website to see the latest events & festivals being held on the weekends. There's always fun & adventure at the Downtown Aquarium!
A word from Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
Dive into food & fun at the Downtown Aquarium – an underwater adventure! We offer a unique dining experience where you are seated in front of 150,000 gallon aquarium centerpiece tank as you dine amongst the fish & coral. You'll love our mouthwatering menu items such as Grilled Mahi & Shrimp, Macadamia Crusted Trout, Bayou Shrimp Pasta, Fried & Broiled Seafood Platters, Sauteed Snapper, Stuffed Flounder, plus Beef, Chicken, Pasta dishes & delectable desserts. Before or after dinner, you can also enjoy cocktails, like our Redfish Rita, in our eclectic Dive Lounge. Continue your adventure & explore our Aquarium Adventure Exhibit with over 1,250,000 gallons of water that house over 500 species of marine life. Sumatran Tigers, Sand Tiger Sharks, Otters, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, Barracuda & other fascinating sea creatures await. Begin your Dining Adventure at Downtown Aquarium today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (120)special occasion (77)scenic view (73)good for groups (49)great for lunch (42)romantic (26)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- I am disappointed. I would never go there again.amandaDined on 11/22/2014The food first off was not good. The side salad was way over priced. The noise was insane. I had one of the worst times ever with my kids out at a restaurant. Never will go again.Special Features:
- Great service and food!AllyDined on 11/21/2014Everyone was very friendly and accommodating! The food was wonderful, I highly recommend it! Made our daughters night very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service does not match settingLalaDined on 11/14/2014Beautiful scenery marred by very loud overhead music. Restaurant was not busy but server was rushing us thru meal e.g. Requesting what we wanted before able to look at menu and then back again within 2 min. Brought dessert tray when we just started with entree.. Food was ok at best. The setting is definitely the draw.Special Features:
- under the sea diningUnhpyHolidayDinerDined on 11/13/2014Great place for any occasion. Food is always good here. Service usually great, this time just a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice on a week night!fooderDined on 11/12/2014We went here for our son's 4th birthday, group of 8. It was a freezing Wednesday night and we had the whole place to ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodJax803Dined on 11/8/2014The food was good! My date and I had a great time at the aquarium. The only strike was from our server forgetting to put our order in causing a 15-20 minute wait. However, the order was resolved and we got a free dish out of the ordeal. Overall, good experienceSpecial Features:
- Definitely will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We went for my son's birthday. It was very nice, I loved the tanks. We sat in a booth and could see various tanks and dives from our seats. The food was good. Wide variety on the menu. Two of us had food allergies but were still able to find things we could enjoy.Special Features:
- FANTASTICkikiDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time to the restaurant. It was beyond my expectations! The service was friendly, fast and helpful. I would recommend the restaurant to families, or a nice get away for a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for food sensitivitiesSavMomDined on 11/8/2014I told the waiter about my food allergy just as a precaution. In a minute's time the chef was at our table to make sure that he knew what he needed to watch and to go over what I ordered. That was over the top and very thorough. All was great!Special Features:
- Exelent thanksCananaDined on 11/7/2014Is diferent and a the same time helping ...grat for kids especial girls Mermaid show was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllergiesAllergiesAllergiesevergreencareDined on 11/5/2014Do ask for exhibit discount and free parking when you eat at the Aquarium. Our waitress was just out of training and was very sweet. However, I had commented about allergies and birthday on electronic reservation, and even spoke to Chef Tom by phone the day before, yet no one linked these concerns with our arrival. I asked the waitress to let me talk to the chef about allergies, but no cook came around. The chocolate lava is much better than Chili's because it is a chocolate souffle, not cake.
- Good place for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014It was awesome to go here for my son's 2nd birthday. He loved the huge fish wall and the mermaids. It was really good food too :)Special Features:
- Poor serviceMilwaukee1998Dined on 10/29/2014They should have someone training people who likes there job so it doesn't get took out on the customers. Like being very fast talking and short. making drinks wrong not checking up giving off the vibe that you don't want to be there and dont throw away food when asked to box it up to take home that one really took the cake. good place to go just bad customer service ruined it for meSpecial Features:
- incredible experienceFit4FatDined on 10/27/2014This place was incredible. The shrimp and crab dip was really good though I would prefer it a few degrees warmer. Most of the time, pasta at restaurants lack flavor. The seafood cannelloni was perfectly seasoned, a good size, and seafood-filled. My friend had the coconut shrimp with plum sauce. I enjoyed it as well. The aquarium view is incredible. The staff were prompt and attentive without being pushy. I would definitely recommend it to anyone headed to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday DinnerTJMarrisDined on 10/22/2014We celebrated my husbands birthday here. The restaurant and the fish are beautiful, the server was wonderful, we had a great time!Special Features:
- Great people, great food!Native5280Dined on 10/19/2014The mermaid show is entertaining while eating a fabulous meal. Our family enjoys going for any celebration or just a great meal.Special Features:
- Great food in a tourist attractionKenkraheVIPDined on 10/18/2014You might think that a restaurant that's a part of an Aquarium would be nothing special, but this place provides both an exceptional experience along with a great variety of dinner options that will please most everyone in your party. Don't expect extremely fancy, but the quality of the food and options is above what I'd expect in such a place.Special Features:
- Great experience but needs changesbcdinerDined on 10/18/2014I throughly enjoyed our dining experience. We were catching up with friends from out of town so a lot of things I didn't notice until the end of the night. It took quite awhile to get waters at our table, and just in general the service was a little slow. During the meal it didn't matter as much, because, like I said we were catching up with friends. But waiting for our check was when it was apparent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandkids loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014My grandkids love looking at the fis so up close, but when the mermaids appeared, they were ecstatic. This was a great place to have dinner with them. Would recommend to anyone ding with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Our service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend in DenverDenverDined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I made a quick down towards Denver this past weekend and was on the look out for something exciting to do while we were there. We discovered that The Denver Aquarium was there and lone and behold they had a dining area as well to eat. It was great to have an onset dining room to eat so we didn't have to leave and than come back. We'll for sure be back soon.Special Features:
- Unique experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My sister and I dined here for the first time. We decided to sit at a table in the bar and were not greeted. She went to the bar to ask for menus. A server came and talked about a few drinks but did not take our drink order. He was very rude. Finally, a new server came and took our order. He was much better than the first one. The food was decent.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/8/2014I was a bit skeptical because of mixed reviews. Skye was our waitress and she was awesome - attentive but not overbearing, excellent suggestions., timely with our drinks and food. Appetizer platter very good, shrimp platter large and very filling - lightly fried shrimp was the best! Cajun pasta was a hit, desserts very good. Pricey -we paid $320.00 for 5 adults and 1 child - that included 3 specialty drinks, appetizer ( feeds 4-6), 5 adult higher end entrees, dessert for 4 and > 20% tip for above average service. There are lower end options such as burgers and smaller meals but we splurged for a special occasion. Atmosphere/ ambiance is awesome and kept the 5 yo entertained as he stood looking at all the fish. We were there on a weekday ntSpecial Features:
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our server was top notch... I wish I could remember her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceRynusDined on 10/4/2014Our large group was seated quickly and the Mermaid Show was nice but the service was terrible! We were seated on the end of the servers area and it showed. The other tables always came first and he had forgotten about us. We ended up sitting at the table for 2 hours and got our drinks refilled twice. They stayed empty most of the night. We ended up pulling a manager to our table so we could get our check and that was after trying to get the attention from other servers to help us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but good foodFatherOKaceDined on 10/4/2014I took my three kids here after a visit to the Downtown Aquarium. We had herb-crusted salmon, chicken and sausage gumbo, grilled shrimp, and grilled steak/shrimp combo. Food was very good but meal plus dessert and soft drinks was more than $88. Service was spotty -- server who brought food from kitchen didn't remember to refill my drink, but other server refilled my kids' Icees for free. next time I'll know to ask for a table with better view of the tank for the mermaid show.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere OK food high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The mermaid show & sorting next to the aquarium while eating was AMAZING!!! My husband loved his steak, but his crab definitely could have been better, & I ordered fish & chips & it was like I was chewing on a rubber band! We also paid more for lunch than we did for souvenirs & tickets into the aquarium! All in all, it's a great experience & would be a fun date night, but be prepared to pay high dollar for mediocre food!Special Features:
- Artic Diningdisappointed1Dined on 10/3/2014Every thing was great! Until it came time to have dinner. The restaurant was so cold, our food quickly became cold before we cold even finish. All that I cold think about was getting out to an area where we could thaw out. The waitress could not have gotten my bill taken care of fast enough. The Aquqrium was very impressive. The dining experience could have much better!
- Would not go out of my way!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/20141. Restaurant was freezing 2. very clean 3. waiter was friendl. 4. food was awful We actually thought that with the suggested reservation and the atmosphere, that this would be similar to something like the Rain Forest Cafe. IT WAS NOT....the restaurant has tons of potential but the food simply didnt taste good. Ex. if your going to serve a kids grilled cheese, make it like moms home cooking. Don't try to make kids food fancy, they wont eat it. Kids are kids and they like what they know. Hot dogs, chicken nug., grilled cheese on regular white bread, mac n cheese..simple is better. Where is the kids deserts? After all this is a kids entertainment place right? $6 deserts that are fancy is not needed. Just offer a simple bowl of ice cream.Special Features:
- pleasant dinnerdiane427VIPDined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our meals at the Aquarium. It is interesting to watch the fish as you dine. I had wanted the seafood cannelloni but they were out. I then chose the Shrimp Parmesan Pasta which was OK. The shrimp were a bit small, and once breaded they were mostly bread. The atmosphere made the meal unusual enough to make it a positive experience. A word to the wise though. They offer a frequent buyer card, but fail to mention it is $25. Don't bite.Special Features:
- Aquariumsluna15Dined on 9/27/2014Being My First time going to the aquarium it was amazing I liked the mermaids and the fishes.I will totally come back to eat and to see the Exibit.But My Parents loved it because it was Theyre anniversary and I took them there since they like the sea and they were so happy but I loved it but I recommend this more for like families that have kids they will enjoy it but if you go you will enjoy it especially the dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, meh. Environment, wonderful!dmorDined on 9/26/2014Don't come here for the food, but your kids will absolutely LOVE it!!!!Special Features:
- peaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great customer service. Nice and hellpfull personalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014It is beautiful arrangement for dinners and parties! I would like to be back and will recommend ither people.Special Features:
- Not our best experience.JazzerkellyDined on 9/21/2014We had dined at the Aquarium many times before with no problems. This time was completely awful. Our server was as sweet as could be but he seemed to be lost in what he was doing. We had to ask multiple times for the same thing and noticed the tables next to us were doing the same. It seemed the menu had gotten smaller with a lot let choices. What we did choose was not good. One would not expect a chicken breast sandwich to be diced up chicken on a bun. The chicken tortilla rollup was pretty much just the tortilla. And the lobster tower was nothing special (and definitely not worth the price). Overall, it was not a good dining experience and we do not plan on returning to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceWadeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good food and superior service, for a special birthday occasion.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I found the service to be the Achilles heel of this restaurant. While the fish tacos I got and the tilapia my date got were good, the sides were not good. My rice was hard, and when I pointed this out it took 10 minutes for the waitress to offer a replacement. When I did ask for green beans she came back from the kitchen, said they didn't have green beans, and took it upon herself to give me an alternate side I did not ask for. The beans also seemed like they were from a can. Also, it took 10 minutes to put in a drink order and overall the service was sub-par for a restaurant with the type of menu they have. I got the impression that management sits in a room and gives orders. The scenery is very fun.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance/ slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the setting but waited nearly 45 minutes to be served. We had 3 young children and 7 adults. The wait tarnished our dining experience. The food was good but some of our food was missing the ingredients advertised on the menu.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner.DigitalMonsterDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I were in town for our honeymoon. We decided to give the Aquarium restaurant a try. The atmosphere was wonderful. We were seated in front of the giant aquarium where we enjoyed a great view of the fish that lived in it. The service from our waiter was excellent. The food was delicious. The only complaint we had was that the food was overpriced. The quantity/quality of the food did not match the prices that they were sold for. Other than that, we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceShariDined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.