Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
700 Water Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (303) 561-4450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Roller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are welcome & can reserve our Nautilus Ballroom, special picnic area, Aquarium Restaurant, Dive Lounge & Exhibit areas for your functions.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3035614459
- Entertainment: Aquarium Adventure Exhibit is over one million gallons of family fun! Discover how much fun & mystery lurks in the depths of our planet's aquatic systems. Observe swimming tigers & a variety of aquatic life such as sharks, otters & a vast array of fish from all water around the world. Don't miss out on the opportunity to Snorkel or Dive with the fish & sharks!
Call or visit our website to see the latest events & festivals being held on the weekends. There's always fun & adventure at the Downtown Aquarium!
A word from Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver
Dive into food & fun at the Downtown Aquarium – an underwater adventure! We offer a unique dining experience where you are seated in front of 150,000 gallon aquarium centerpiece tank as you dine amongst the fish & coral. You'll love our mouthwatering menu items such as Grilled Mahi & Shrimp, Macadamia Crusted Trout, Bayou Shrimp Pasta, Fried & Broiled Seafood Platters, Sauteed Snapper, Stuffed Flounder, plus Beef, Chicken, Pasta dishes & delectable desserts. Before or after dinner, you can also enjoy cocktails, like our Redfish Rita, in our eclectic Dive Lounge. Continue your adventure & explore our Aquarium Adventure Exhibit with over 1,250,000 gallons of water that house over 500 species of marine life. Sumatran Tigers, Sand Tiger Sharks, Otters, Stingrays, Giant Pacific Octopus, Jellyfish, Sea Turtles, Barracuda & other fascinating sea creatures await. Begin your Dining Adventure at Downtown Aquarium today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Aquarium Restaurant - Downtown Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (120)special occasion (77)scenic view (73)good for groups (49)great for lunch (42)romantic (26)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- I went to celebrate my sonsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2010I went to celebrate my sons 6th birthday. There where 8 of us and we all agreed the food was not all that great. It was mostly bland with not a lot of detail. But overall the atmosphere was great and the Aquarium it self was fantastic. I would see it over and over.Special Features:
- the visual was great, sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2010the visual was great, sitting next to the fish tank while dining was a neat experience. the draw back was that the food was only fair, nothing special.Special Features:
- The restaurant is best forKatvanDined on 1/18/2010The restaurant is best for its location and view of the fish tank. Food is just so-so. Prices are very high for food quality and selection.Special Features:
- Food is very good and, let'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2010Food is very good and, let's face it, ambience is one of a kind. Kudos to Kristin, our server, who provided world-class service.Special Features:
- We had a nice meal for myBanana1Dined on 1/16/2010We had a nice meal for my sons 6th birthday. The shark attack cake was very good. It was a little pricey for a lunch menu. Good service.Special Features:
- The Aquarium restaurant fallsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2010The Aquarium restaurant falls extremely short of strong potential, which is unfortunate. The layout is unique, with one wall being a fish tank, and the menu selection looks decent. However, the food was lukewarm at best (everything from the appetizers to the soup and entrees), and the service was beyond sub-par. For a somewhat pricey meal - over $100 for my wife and I - I would never return nor recommend this restaurant to anyone. Truly a depressing experience. They need to hire better chefs and train their serving staff to create a fine-dining atmosphere if that is what they are trying to achieve. Otherwise, keep it a burger and fries stop for after the exhibit. Not sure if I would even go for a burger.
- The food is good but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2010The food is good but pricey. Because it is a restaurant inside a family friendly tourist attraction, I did not expect it to be fine dining. But, the prices indicate otherwise. The service was prompt and friendly. The atmosphere is a lot of fun for adults and kids.
- The Mahi Mahi could have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2010The Mahi Mahi could have been cooked longer The Snapper should have been grilled not sautéed.Special Features:
- The fish was terrible forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2010The fish was terrible for a so called "Seafood restaurant" especially for $40 for lunch....The service was terrible, waitress did not tell us any of the specials, nothing about the aquarium, the fish in the tanks, nothing....We heard other servers telling their tables but not our waitress...Will definetly not be retuning to the restaurant...Special Features:
- They allowed us to make reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009They allowed us to make reservations at 9pm New Years Eve, when the restaurant effictively began closing at 9pm. All staff were in a rush to get on with their own plans. Decent food, but should have never taken reservations at closing time. Lunch place with ambiance of Applebee's, not romantic night out.
- We went on NYE. While I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2009We went on NYE. While I enjoyed the food and the view (they sat us right in front of one of the aquariums), I was disappointed in the fact that people were allowing their children to stand at the aquariums, bang on the glass, scream and run around while others were trying to enjoy their meals. We made our reservations for late enough in the evening thinking we could by pass the family dinner time. We were not the only adults in the place having the same problem. If the kids had not been their to ruin part of my meal, it could be a great romantic location for dinner because it has low lighting and nice booths as well.Special Features:
- They were able to accomodateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009They were able to accomodate a large party (10) with very little notice on a very busy night. The view of the tank is awsome. Since it is kid friendly the noise was a little loud, but you could still carry on a conversation without having to yell. The food was very good and reasonably priced considering the venue. I would recommend this resaurant for both a casual evening or a unique family outing.Special Features:
- We had a great time with threesloopdinerVIPDined on 12/31/2009We had a great time with three generations and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Great place for kids. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Great place for kids. The food and service were just OK.Special Features:
- It's always an enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009It's always an enjoyable experience. We appreciate the staff allowing the kids to explore a little bit at the windows. Our waiter couldn't have been any more pleasant. Our only issue was that lunch took over 2 hours and w/4 young ones, that was just too long. Service was pretty slow.Special Features:
- We had a reservation at 3pmOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2009We had a reservation at 3pm and did not get a table until 3:45pm. I was not happy with the wait, but when we got a table the service and food was good. I just think if you make a reservation in advance, the restaurant should honor it.Special Features:
- I will never go back. We didlaurieDined on 12/28/2009I will never go back. We did have a great table, however that was overshowed be the lack of service ( Our waiter was Joey). It took at least 45mins for drinks to be brought to the table. And the food was a whole other story, When it did finally arrive, two of the six meals weren't even what was ordered, and of course Joey never came back to check on the meals once they were brought to the table. Then we had to hunt him down to get the check. Over all we will never go back
- My family had our ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2009My family had our Christmas Eve lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant and loved the experience and the food. They have voted to return next year.Special Features:
- The staff was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2009The staff was very pleasant and patient with our group. The food was tasty and we had fast service. Nothing more could we ask for.Special Features:
- Food was surprisingly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2009Food was surprisingly delicious and portions were generous. Kids desserts were best I've ever seen - very creative and a huge hit. Service was excellent and there wasn't a bad view in the place. Wonderful relaxing dinner, will definitely be back.Special Features:
- IT WAS A LITTLE PRICY CONSIDERINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2009IT WAS A LITTLE PRICY CONSIDERING IT WAS NOT THAT GREAT(FOOD). THE VIBE IS GOOD AND THE SET UP IS NICE. GREAT FOR A FIRST TIME THING.Special Features:
- I went for my birthday hopingRomancierDined on 12/4/2009I went for my birthday hoping to benefit my kids. I reserved the table quite a bit in advance and requested the "best seat in the house." That is certainly not what we got. There was more scenery at the Fresh Fish Company in Tamarac. You have to pay EXTRA to go view the fish. The food was TERRIBLE! Our servers were the better part of the evening and that was because they kept our drinks full. Otherwise, I would NEVER eat there again. They did have a nice looking bar and some event rooms that looked very nice but unfortunately we did not experience any of those niceties. This place was nothing like what I heard. I may go back to tour the aquarium. Can't say that even looked very good because we never saw much of it.Special Features:
- Great fun for my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009Great fun for my daughter's 4th birthday. You simply cannot beat the ambiance. A diver came down into the large tank and went along the glass blowing bubble rings for all of the kids, very fun. She loved it. On family Friday's, the price is great too, $2 kids meals and free parking. Kids get in for $5 to the aquarium too. The aquarium is fantastic and we enjoyed that tremendously. The weakest link is actually food quality. The presentation is very nice with a fantastic view and polite service. The food was lukewarm, and the blackened fish tacos were fairly devoid of taste. If this restaurant could kick up the food a notch or two, it would be a truely fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Our dining experience at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2009Our dining experience at the Aquarium Restaurant was memorable and I would recommend it to others looking for something new or for a special occasion. We went for my birthday and after reading the reviews here on OpenTable.com, I made the reservation for 7:00 p.m. for the Saturday night. It was perfect because most of the younger kids were leaving and we had a great table right next to the Aquarium. One thing to note: Make sure you request a table next to the aquarium glass if you want a close view...that does mean you will be in a table and not one of the curved booths. Truly there isn't a bad table in the house though.Special Features:
- The Thanksgiving buffet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009The Thanksgiving buffet was really good, a lot of selections, but missing dinner rolls which in my book is a mainstay for Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- We went here for Thanksgiving,dagunk1787Dined on 11/26/2009We went here for Thanksgiving, in large part, because we let my niece and nephew pick the spot. Dinner was a buffet, and in addition to a traditional meal, they had multiple other options that assured that everyone had something they could enjoy. The food was just okay--the turkey was dry--and nothing was outstanding, but nothing was bad. The only real low light was, being a buffet, watching inconsiderate people slop over the food--at one point my sister saw a woman eschewing the tongs at the shrimp table pick up various shrimp with her hands, examine them, deside they weren't what she wanted, and put them back. Yum. The biggest draw was the giant tanks, which kept us all rapt with attention.Special Features:
- This was a special buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009This was a special buffet for Thanksgiving. The reservations were running behind schedule and seatings were delayed. By the later seatings the food was sparse and cold; not a good value for the money on this occasion. Perhaps the regular dining is better, this was our first visit.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009We enjoyed our experience very much. However, for $35 a person, I wanted something to savor. Nothing I ate made me say, "this is wonderful." Also, the desserts were all too sweet and none tasted "home made", a bit of a disapointment on Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- We had a great time! My kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2009We had a great time! My kids are still talking about it days later. The food was good and the service was awesome.Special Features:
- The views in the fish tankOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009The views in the fish tank are phenomenal I was mesmerized by the fish along with the wine list and dinner, good portion size on all food and the food tasted great the fried seafood platter was awesome along with the fish tacos.Special Features:
- The ambiance was great withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009The ambiance was great with the fish tanks. However the four of us thought that the food was very overpriced for the quality.
- Hi, We were there for a friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009Hi, We were there for a friend's birthday. There were seven of us and we all agreed that this was one of the best lunches ever. We will all come back again. The Aquarium was next for us and it was great too. Lots of people, but still moved along nicely. Julie AdamsSpecial Features:
- The food was bland and withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2009The food was bland and without flavor the service was mediocre at best. I and my wife will NOT return. The Price far outweighed the food quality. In short it was HORRID for an anniversary dinner.
- I have absolutely no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009I have absolutely no complaints about this restaurant. It was unusual, fun, and the food was great. The wait staff was better than some of the more high priced establishments in Denver. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Everything seemed to be deepOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2009Everything seemed to be deep fried..nothing special for the price and would not recommend to any one unless for children.. fish in the tank were cool.. very over ratedSpecial Features:
- Great time for a father daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009Great time for a father daughter day! I had requested a glass side table so my little girl could see the diver and fish and the restaurant delivered. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- My mother chose the AquariumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2009My mother chose the Aquarium for her Birthday dinner, she had dinner at the Tennesse location and wanted to show us kids something different. The service was excellant and we were pleasantly suprised when our food was served so quickly. The food was had excellant flavor, and presented well.Special Features:
- We ate at the Aquarium restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2009We ate at the Aquarium restaurant on a Friday evening, made reservations, and got seated right beside the aquarium. The kids were entertained by the fish through the whole meal, and even got to watch a diver feed the fish. The food was great, not overpriced at all for the serving size and the experience. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- I think the enviroment isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2009I think the enviroment is great!. It is a nice place to have a dinner or lunch. They have a lot of details and sea decorations. It's great for kids. The service is great and the food is good but a little expensive. I think go to the restaurant ones in awhile is fine.Special Features:
- Too expensive. Food not thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009Too expensive. Food not that good. I will go again to the aquarium, but not the restaurant.