RiverFish on the Bay
45 Orchard Beach Blvd.
Port Washington, NY 11050Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
RiverFish on the Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riverfishny.com/
- Phone: 5168835600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Host your next private event with us and mingle on the outside deck while looking at the pleasure boats moored at the Aquarelle 45. Allow us to treat you and your guests to cocktails and fine cuisine while listening to some “Big Band” music in the style of the old Riviera.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8669706254
- Special Events: Please check our FB page & website!
A word from RiverFish on the Bay
Riverfish On The Bay brings a brand new dining experience to one one Long Island’s most cherished waterfronts. Situated on Orchard Beach Boulevard in Port Washington, Riverfish On The Bay combines expert culinary craftsmanship with a relaxed, upscale atmosphere to produce a seafood fusion restaurant unlike any other. Our menu includes the freshest grilled seafood, homemade artisanal pizza, delectable sandwiches and salads, a delightful raw bar, and more. Riverfish On The Bay caters to all ages, offering lunch, dinner or after hour comfort seafood in a beautiful outdoor setting. With its breathtaking waterfront views and ample interior, Riverfish On The Bay is also a fantastic location for parties, business gatherings, showers, and mitzvahs. Call us at 516-883-5600 to reserve your party or event today. Stay tuned to our website to keep up with Riverfish On The Bay specials, events, and promotions. We look forward to serving you a waterfront dining experience like none other!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
RiverFish on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Port Washington ›
RiverFish on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (13)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Worst experience ever!debNYDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic, good seafood resto experience on LI, and made a reservation based on the very complimentary critique we had read on a local magazine. We requested a gluten free variation on their cajun tuna dish. After a 30' wait, the dish arrived cold. The fish was so uncooked that there were portions of its meat that were still frozen ( in spite of the advertised "fresh sushi quality"). The presentation was terrible, looking like old hospital food. When we called our waiter to request an exchange, he seemed visibly annoyed and called the Maitre D', who was even less sympathetic. As an appetizer, we ordered oysters that were not fresh. We spend the night in the bathroom.
- Lobster rollElgeeVIPDined on 9/1/2014I was looking forward to a lobster roll filled with chunks of lobster. This one had shredded lobster and was dry. The sweet potato fries were good the fish tacos were good as we're the regular fries. I would go there again but I would order something other than a lobster roll. Hopefully the chef will read thisSpecial Features:
- disappointing beyond beliefOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014we wanted this waterfront beauty to be great but it was wholly mediocre. Busy bussers across the dining room without trays bumping into each other, dropping food bits on their way. Chewy soggy calamari followed by overcooked small pathetic salmon. The local deli does a better job. Uninspired. To top it off, the apple cobbler was sent to the wrong table, returned to us as a gooey mess. In passing the "boss" asked how it was and when I replied, told me I shoulda said something. I think the food never should have left his kitchen. Like Tony said on the "Sopranos," "Get back in the kitchen, Artie." Hope they make it through the seasons.Special Features:
- Good food...butRichardDined on 8/23/2014Went Saturday 8/23. Food good - all 5 dishes ordered for table. Servers were attentive, but kitchen was slow. We were there over 45 minutes before food came - restaurant was not busy enough for this to happen. Noise level very high. Great harbor views. Menu priced well. Would try restaurant again on different day and just with my wife.Special Features:
- Homerun!!!foodieloverDined on 8/22/2014The scenic view over the bay creates a great atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and helpful. My date and I started with the avacado la mar which was a phenomenally creative dish with excellent flavor. The marinated skirt steak was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. The best was the lobster roll on a delicious pretzel bun. Hands down best lobster roll I've ever had. The owner Dennis was very kind and came to our table to ask about our meal to make sure everything came out great. It really is great when the owner of a busy place like this takes the time to come and personally check on things. We will definitely be back here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view, food just okNivekDined on 8/16/2014After reading the reviews I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. Most were true. The setting is idyllic. We (2 couples) arrived at sunset and wanted to sit outside but there were no empty tables. Our waiter was young, pleasant and when he asked if we would like lemon for our water, I was instantly impressed. Our bread basket was promptly refilled when requested and our salads (spinach and greek) were delicious. However, we waited a long time for our entrees (crabmeat stuffed shrimp, Cajun tuna, grilled salmon and chicken marsala). They were fine, nothing special, however the sautéed vegetables were crisp and tasty. The red sangria did not disappoint. Next time I will try the lunch menu and definitely sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing703jamesVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was tasteless. All dishes served were disappointing.
- ACSACS517Dined on 8/5/2014After having enjoyed 2 satisfactory lunches at RiverFish sitting out on their deck, my husband and I and another couple returned for dinner. How disappointing! My husband order salmon, medium rare, which came out overcooked and dried out. When he returned it, the next piece of fish came out as sushi. You would think a fish restaurant could grill a simple piece of fish correctly. Seafood paella I ordered was lackluster with dried out mussels. Lobster ravioli that another in our party ordered was also hohum. And pasta dish that another person ordered was also nothing to write home about. Plus it took two attempts to get our waiter to bring the requested grated cheese for the dish. Other couple with us agreed: they wouldn't come backSpecial Features:
- Terrific spot for bay-side diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Riverfish has raised the bar! Serving a fresh and tasty menu is surpassed only by the fantastic view of the bay. Service is very good - attentive but not intrusive. My waiter even remembered our previous order and made suggestions based on that. Prices are moderate which gives this restaurant a high value for the spend. Great for lunch or dinner - and for the true boaters it is 'dock and dine'.Special Features:
- Go for the view, not the foodTenderPalate1VIPDined on 7/31/2014If you are thinking good food, think again. But the view is more than appetizing. We sat outside one evening and enjoyed the twinkling lights around the bay. A lobster fra diavolo over linguine had none of the spicy zing you'd expect, the sauce may have come from a jar or it was simply tomato paste and water. No spices, herbs or flavor. Though the waiter asked how we would like the swordfish (rare) it was sliced thin, so impossible to cook rare, the texture closer to cardboard. The paella was nearly acceptable colored rice and shellfish. But the fish tacos were actually good. The waiter recommended a pedestrian, overpriced Pinot Grigio, so we simply ignored the silly suggestion. If you go, go for the view. Maybe bring your own food.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 7/30/2014peaceful & charming looking out at the boats. our salads were very good.Special Features:
- def27Dined on 7/26/2014I was cautious having read the reviews before I went, but the food is very good with ample portions. The service really needs to improve. There are burgers and sandwiches along with lobsters and other seafood, but it felt more like a lunch menu to me. Can't beat the view for any meal.Special Features:
- Port NativeFrenchprofDined on 7/24/2014I have been to RiverFish three times before. Maybe it was because of the crowd this time- I guess due to Karaoke night- but the food was mediocre. I ordered chicken marsala, which I had enjoyed at the restaurant before. It was tough and relatively tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Water SpotDrRichDined on 7/24/2014A great view of Manhasset Bay located in the Capri Marina Shipyard in Manorhaven, NY. Food was fairly typical seafood and burgers- all prepared for lunch decently. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary; nothing other than what is on the menu, but I am not certain that I went here for the food. Rather the view sitting on Manhasset Bay is exceptional. The drawback is the poor, uncoordinated service- too long for the food and simple requests such as separate ice for ice coffee were difficult to get done.Special Features:
- DisappointingWouldbgourmetDined on 7/23/2014The location on the water is lovely, and the restaurant's decor is well-matched to the seaside location. The waitress had just started the day before, and definitely wasn't ready for prime time. It was a weekday evening, though, and she had a very pleasant way about her and a positive attitude. With additional training and experience, she'll be fine. While the appetizers (calamari and the wedge salad) were delicious, the entrees were both overcooked. The sea scallops were dry and pressed down so much they looked flat, and my friend's stuffed shrimp were dry as well. I think I'd wait for them to gain more experience before I go back for dinner. Lunch might be a better bet, several salads, sandwiches and burgers are on the menu.Special Features:
- water views..bdaygirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014one of our most favorite places in the neighborhood, food is consistently good, service is excellent and the view is wonderful.Special Features:
- Just GoodGolferDined on 7/19/2014lovely enening outdoors n the Bay. Food good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- doclDined on 7/14/2014generous portions, great view, pleasant staff but waiter seemed newishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Portion size was excellent. Food was average. Service was poor
- lobster rollhockeymomDined on 7/12/2014had a craving for a lobster roll and this was the closest place. Outdoor seating was windy and cramped but the view was beautiful and the roll was good! Probably would have preferred sitting inside. Would try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/12/2014Set on a marina with docking facilities for watercraft, it should be easy enough to wait for customers to float in and just concentrate on the food -- which needs a lot of attention. After checking to affirm that the lobster roll indeed was made of "fresh chunks of lobster" as the menu suggested, it proved to be a very below average chopped lobster salad made primarily of celery -- the kind made with almost no lobster and available at most low-end deli's. The accompanying french fries were luke-warm and soggy, as if they had been waiting around in the kitchen for hours. From other tables within ear-shot, we heard many complaints to the attentive and eager staff about the poor food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014We dined outside on the deck right next to the boats in the bay. It was a beautiful ambiance and delightful experience.Special Features:
- NOT THAT GOODbugleboyDined on 7/4/2014Food was mediocre for mid to high price. Had to send back food that was cold and ask them to zap it. The booze was great, except I had to ask twice for my drink to be "topped off" since they brought half a glass on the rocks. We had never been to this restaurant, and have plans to go in 2 weeks with friends, so we thought we'd try it out.......needless to say, we have booked at another restaurant for 2 weeks from now.
- Port NativeFrenchprofDined on 7/4/2014This was an exceptionally favorable experience. The food and service were both very good. It's a lovely location and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Boats & WaterHJU424Dined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed River Fish--even though it was a stormy night--but dramatic with lightning and dark skies outside. But--there were still a number of people eating in this pleasant waterside restaurant. My scallops with mashed sweet and asparagus was very enjoyable----our other party had the large lobster roll with sweet or regular fries. Started with a salad (just OK) for just $6. which we shared. Just ended with coffee and tea-a light dinner--but there were some nice desserts you could choose- key lime, sherbet, etc.--altho. the cobbler was out. We would go back --especially on a sunny day for lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/1/2014Everyone enjoyed the food. Would return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforthoughtVIPDined on 6/29/2014Our party knew that patience was required when after placing our order with our server who did not write down the order...... had to come back and confirm what we ordered. The caesar salad respectable. One issue that seemed odd....when members of our party asked for rice pilaf to accompany the fish ordered...we were informed....no rice was being offered. The salmon grilled as requested...well done....the linguine with white clam sauce...bland and disappointing to the table. One other note about the serving staff. The World Cup Soccer matches was on the TV at the bar...but we were not prepared when one of the servers (who was carrying a tray of food to a table)....let out a very loud.....YEAH!! The restaurant....a work in progress.
- RiverFish finally perfect!NativeNYerDined on 6/29/2014RiverFish has really gotten their act together after rough start. The service (Cody was our waiter) was extraordinary. Cody went out of his way to please - substituted menu items gladly, was attentive, available, upbeat and knowledgeable regarding the menu items. Water glasses were refilled immediately. We dropped a fork and without asking, a busser immediately arrived with a new one. Lobster rolls were perfect - very little, if any, mayo and perfectly seasoned. Observed other diners around us all very happy - especially with a beautifully prepared lobster tail. Decor is pristine and nautical blue. View is one of the best on Long Island - marina with VERY nice boats. Yay - we can finally go back to this beautiful restaurant - a lot!Special Features:
- finally ...bdaygirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014Finally a place that might actually last in this fabulous location. It was a great meal, good service and lots of menu options. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- JoeOakDined on 6/28/2014Great spot, view and food...needs a little plus in flavor. Would go back for more. Friendly, feels good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The food was a disappointment and our server was clueless regarding menu items and was not attentive. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Wish it were betterPKDfoodyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great view of the bay, but service is very spotty. Hope they can get their act together and stay in a spot that just doesn't seem to survive.
- Great Experience!love2dineDined on 6/26/2014After two terrific dinners at this new gem, we decided to try lunch. We chose outdoor seating and enjoyed the beautiful waterview. We started with the seafood avocado appetizer, which was really delicious. The lobster roll was absolutely terrific. The pretzel roll was lightly toasted and was a nice change from the ordinary roll. The fresh lobster meat was bountiful and thankfully not swimming in mayonnaise. We also tried the fish tacos. The Mahi Mahi was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. The wait staff was pleasant, professional and efficient. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- reviewffmmVIPDined on 6/24/2014went on fish taco tues, tacos were tasty & priced right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMrhistoryVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went here for lunch. New servers a bit clueless. Served ice tea without sugar. Had to ask twice. Had trouble reading wine list correctly. No bread served-just flat crackers. Chicken Parm with pasta seems to have been from night before. Lobster roll sandwich was good. Good atmosphere with water view. Many choices in area- food was just not that good for price paid.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the RiverFish on the Bay reviews archive.
- I wasn't impressedherbieDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I were pleased when we got our reservation only few hours before we dined considering News Days gave them a favorable review two days earlier. Our experience did not start off well. The wine pour was 'short' and inconsistent with other diners. The kitchen was slow. We saw other diners sending food back for various reasons. Our server was inexperienced and couldn't read his own handwriting on daily specials. We never got our salad and the main course was just 'okay'. This was not a memorable experience.Special Features:
- DelrayerDined on 6/21/2014Lovely to look at ,but that's it. Salad wedge was sad. Swordfish and scallops were over salted. The worst offender was that our main course was brought to the table while we were still eating our appetizers, then removed and brought back barely warm. Total disappointment.
- CluelesschipVIPDined on 6/21/2014The wait staff are not trained. It's all about the water view If not. ,they would be out of businessSpecial Features:
- Great waterfront resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We went Friday night and had an outside table with a nice view of the marina, food was very good and staff was very friendly and polite. We will definitely be going back to Riverfish more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the food?eatsoutalotDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant has a great location and the menu has greatly improved (since the last owner) but they need to run it much better! Last week we ate there on Friday Night and they started turning off the lights and air conditioner at 10:30 and were out of several items. This past weekend we ate there again on Friday night and they ran out of bread, several deserts and cappuccino. So we finished our dinner and went some place else for desert. May come back for lunch nice burger and pizza menu but not so sure for dinner again.Special Features: