Aqua Terra - Annapolis
164 Main Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Terra - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquaterraofannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102631985
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Closed Mondays.Dinner Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm,Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:30a-1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for all your needs. Holiday Parties. Corporate functions. Weddings. Rehersal dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: Available for private parties up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: ken chase (410) 263-1985
- Entertainment: Live Jazz and Blues every Friday and Staurday Night from 10p to 1am
- Special Events: News Years Eve Gala 2011!!
A word from Aqua Terra - Annapolis
Welcome to Annapolis's favorite restaurant. Founded in 1999, Aqua Terra has been at the fore front of bistro and small plates cuisine in Historic Annapolis Maryland, for over a decade. While visiting Annapolis and its many attractions, be sure to join us for Live Jazz and Blues, with a culinary experience you won't soon forget. Our menu changes often with weekly additions using the freshest available ingredients from local sources in the Chesapeake Bay and regional markets. Hang out and socialize while enjoying a refreshing cocktail, glass of wine or one of Aqua Terra’s premium martinis. Grab a light bite, Artisan Pizza or a full 3 course meal, while relaxing and enjoying the area’s finest Jazz and local musicians in a casual bistro environment. Join us today and experience the innovative cuisine, attentive service, smooth Jazz and friendly atmosphere that is Aqua terra.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aqua Terra - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
- Can't wait to go back!JimmysFanDined on 4/14/2012I dined at Aqua Terra for the first time on Saturday and loved it! The food was great (I'm an Old Bay and seafood fan), the service was great...can't ask for anything more! The ambiance was great for the first date I was on and since we arrived before the band, we had a ample time to talk before the jazz started! I would definitely go back and recommend Aqua Terra to someone that doesn't want to do the normal, over exposed places!Special Features:
- We went to Aqua Terra forSharonKDined on 4/8/2012We went to Aqua Terra for brunch on Easter day. All of the brunch items very tasty. Definately not low calorie. The portions were huge. All 4 of us took the leftovers home, enough for a whole second breakfast!Special Features:
- Excellent jazz band on SaturdayMDFoodiesVIPDined on 4/7/2012Excellent jazz band on Saturday night along with nice small plate snacks. Enjoyed our usual sliders, grilled tuna, and tempura asparagus. A great way to spend Saturday night in Annapolis, just a short walk from our door! Love the addition of jazz. Thanks, Ken and Di!Special Features:
- The server was a little laidOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2012The server was a little laid back, but very accomodating - as is fitting for the Annapolis scene. As a matter of fact, i suspected he could have been the owner. The food was wonderful, the restaurant was small so a little loud, but no one seemed to mind. We got a great spot in the window where we could see the passers by on main street. We really enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Great 25th Birthday at Aqua TerraBaltimoreHonDined on 3/31/2012My daughter chose Aqua Terra for 25th birthday dinner. We have been there several times since we frequent the Annapolis Garden Theater and historic Annapolis for many occasions. The food was fantastic, all sushis that were tried were great. One of our party had the crab soup, though more chowder like than traditional Maryland soup, he did enjoy it. Entrees included the tuna and crab cake. Both were very good. For desert we had two "Banana Things" which were shared among four. The dough wrapped fried bananas and ice cream with walnuts were very good. They brought my daughter a chocolate martini with a lighted candle in the whip cream. A nice surprise. Though it appeared they may have been short staffed, they handled it well.Special Features:
- Still enjoyable, but disappointingChicVIPDined on 3/24/2012Still enjoyable, but disappointing compared to our previous visits.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2012Our dinner was delicious and service was excellent! My crab cake was huge and all lump crab, and wait staff was friendly and very accommodating. We'll definitely be back and would recommend this place to friends and family!Special Features:
- We've eaten @ Aqua Terra aRooneyDined on 3/9/2012We've eaten @ Aqua Terra a few times, and always enjoyed the menu. Since it's Lent and we ate there on Fri. night, we were hoping to have fresh white fish. The menu online stated they had Red Snapper, and they didn't have it. (That's the reason we chose that restaurant) We've had fish there in the past and the presentation was always inviting and delicious. We were disappointed in the menu this visit, and we took some friends who have never eaten there and they live in Annapolis. The service wasn't great; as the owner was the only waiter, and it took a long time to get drinks and our food.
- Always enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012Always enjoy this place! Love the upbeat jazz music and sharing small plates with cocktails...must haves are the wild boar and pheasant sausages & volcano sushi roll. Service was great, had an overall fun time!Special Features:
- Great food but horrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2012Great food but horrible service! Took over an hour to get our appetizers. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- Visited during Annapolis RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2012Visited during Annapolis Restaurant Week. Arrived at 6:30 and received appetizers at 8PM. One wait person and one busboy for entire restaurant. The food was very good but, the delay was almost unforgivable. No one apologized or and staff did not seem concerned about the excessively long wait time. That Banana Thang really is not all that -- skip it. Atmosphere and ambiance were good. Couple at another table told us that they visit regularly and are always pleased and that they had never had that experience before. Will try again.
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/21/2012The service was horrible. We waited forever to even get menus and didn't get so much as a glass of water until we had been ther 30 minutes.
- Aqua Terra was not what myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Aqua Terra was not what my wife and I expected. We would always pass it as we walked through Annapolis and always though it was more on the higher end romantic type place. We enjoyed the food, but the ambiance and atmosphere was not what we expected. We don't get to have a lot of date nights since we had a baby and my mother came down for the weekend so we figured we'd have a romantic dinner without our daughter. Waiters and waitress were nice, but dressed in t-shirts and jeans. We went with the crab soup, which was very tasty but they went a little overboard with the celery. The chicken appetizer was good but the peanut sauce was a little overpowering and tasted more like melted peanutbutter. The spicy tuna roll was delicious.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinner with aMDFoodiesVIPDined on 2/17/2012A wonderful dinner with a great view of all the action downtown. The sliders were so goood, we need two orders! A gorgeous crispy fish, wonderful grilled tuna, and a terrific seafood pasta. The four of us shared That Banana Thang and with drinks and wine it was a perfect evening. But, it was even topped off with live music, which we had not expected!Special Features:
- worth the waitGregDined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentines Day. Restaurant was about half full when we arrived, so the slow service seemed a bit suspect. As it became more crowded I became a bit worried. Did they forget about us? They didn't. The food was exceptional. Had seafood pasta and the chicken. The sauce on that chicken dish is phenomenal. We've been to Aqua Terra several times, and we definitely will return.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Aqua TerraOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/3/2012Always the first stop after being away from annapolis -- Ken and Dee did not disappoint. The off-the-menue Rainbow Roll was excellent and a nice welcome home touch. A diverse and changing menu as to never get bored in this friendly welcoming establishment.Special Features:
- Loved the Brazilian Jazz thatMDFoodiesVIPDined on 1/28/2012Loved the Brazilian Jazz that is now added to the great food and service! Excellent grilled tuna. And four can share "That Banana Thang". A fun night with friends.Special Features:
- The food was great, hot andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012The food was great, hot and very fresh, and delivered to the table very quickly after we had ordered. We really enjoyed being able to shop on Main St then walk in to get a great meal.Special Features:
- There's alot of competitionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012There's alot of competition in Annapolis. The expectation of locals is to be "Wowed". And we were not .
- Service was marginal. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Service was marginal. Menu had many great dishes. Food was only warm as it sat on the counter for about 10 minutes. Place was not very clean in general. Very disapointed and have written this eastablisment off my list.
- Great Jazz and a new favoriteMDFoodiesVIPDined on 1/14/2012Great Jazz and a new favorite from the menu: seafood pasta! Excellent and enough to feed a family of four! Stuffed with shrimp and crab, yummy garlicy sauce. Also we love That Banana Thang, but it's often too big for two after a meal. Now there is a mini one! Yeah!Special Features:
- A wonderful Saturday afternoonMDFoodiesVIPDined on 1/14/2012A wonderful Saturday afternoon lunch, as always. Our neice visiting from Boston wanted Aqua Terra sliders and she was not disapprointed. The udon noodle soup, sushi rolls, avocado salad, and crab cake were also excellent. What a great crab cake! The best in town.Special Features:
- Nice place in AnnapolisCMUParentDined on 1/13/2012We went to A-T on a cold Friday night. We were greeted warmly and immediately and got seated. The menu has many small plates, sushi, and some entrees. We went for the small plates and were pleased. A-T has a bent towards dishes that are slightly sweet. Each dish has some extravagant aspect to it - some seem over the top. We got French onion soup - cheesy and good and not too big. Crab balls were not notable. The sliders were good - applewood bacon and blue cheese toppings. A salad was good, the dressing a bit sweet but still good. They have live music after 10, but we did not stay that late. It would be someplace we would try again to hear the music too.Special Features:
- Yummy crab bisque soup...rich..flaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/11/2012Yummy crab bisque soup...rich..flavorful. Atmosphere a bit funky, but tje food made up for this. Udon soup also a hit
- Extremely enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2012Wanted a small nibble, so enjoyed some small plates. Gotta come back for those Kobe beef sliders and seared tuna, hit the spot. Shared a Cajun pizza which was huge! Another great surprise was the live blues music, definitely a fun late night spot!Special Features:
- Holiday SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2011My girlfriend and I went to AT on New Year's Eve. The scene was just what we were looking for. We had an excellent four course meal that was cooked just perfect. The ambiance was terrific that night. I never had trouble hearing my date and we were only two tables from the outstanding jazz trio that played for us through the night. The wait staff did a great job even though there were only two of them for about 15 tables. It never felt stretched for getting the food or drinks. The night was a big success for us and we'll definitely go back for an evening of food and jazz.Special Features:
- Always a great dinner eventRissDined on 12/31/2011Always a great dinner event although the service is slowwwwwwSpecial Features:
- Great place to celebrate NewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011Great place to celebrate New Year's. We were seated within 10 minutes of our 9:15 pm reservation. The fixed price four course meal was excellent. I was worried when the waitress asked us to select all four courses up front - thinking they might rush the meal. Nothing could be further from our experience. We had plenty of time to chat and enjoy the evening. Close to midnight they brought out party hats and noise makers along with champagne. Combining this leisurely meal with a delightful pre dinner stroll around Annapolis was perfect. It felt like we were in Europe.Special Features:
- This is our 4th New Year'sMDFoodiesVIPDined on 12/31/2011This is our 4th New Year's Eve with Ken and Di and they just keep getting better! This year they outdid themselves by far! The food, service, and atmosphere were outstanding. The live jazz kicked it up to a new level. The menu choices included all of our favorites, especially the sliders and tartar. The entre choices included some new options that we love. The risotto was so good,it has to go on the regular menu! Great surf and turf, excellent fish. Our only complaint, too much great food and fun! We already have our reservation for next year, same time, same table!Special Features:
- It was a fixed price menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011It was a fixed price menu for New Year's Eve, and they did an excellent job. The choices were very good, and surpassed our expectations for a holiday dinner.Special Features:
- We went to Aqua Terra forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/18/2011We went to Aqua Terra for Sunday Brunch (12:30 pm) to celebrate an early Christmas. Amazingly--we were the only ones in the restaurant--the entire time! The food was superb--and it was perfect brunch menu--so I don't know why anyone wasn't in there. I'm not a big fan of being the only one in a restaurant, but we still had a good time. One complaint--my Mom and I asked for Mimosa's and I'm pretty sure that there was no champagne in them because when I asked for just a glass of champagne (because the initial drink was weak) they were suddenly "out". But really--an excellent meal and they should advertise their brunch more....Special Features:
- went to celebrate my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011went to celebrate my husband's birthday...food was great..we had tuna tartare, tempura asparagus, sliders, sushi and yummy crabcakes...would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Probably a good late nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011Probably a good late night spot for a snack and music on a weekend, otherwise some of the worst food and service I have had in a long while. There are many better restaurants in Annapolis so do not go here for food.
- Had a wonderful pre-MidnightMDFoodiesVIPDined on 12/15/2011Had a wonderful pre-Midnight Madness dinner with friends. A beautiful crispy fish, fresh tuna, sliders, martinis, all excellent. And, fueled us for shopping! Early jazz was also a bonus! Our friends from DC always insist on eating here when they visit us.Special Features:
- Great as always. We stoppedMDFoodiesVIPDined on 12/10/2011Great as always. We stopped in for a late-night snack and jazz. Excellent music/atmosphere/food. Fresh shrimp, favorite crunchy garlic fries, and sushi. We are usually here much earlier, but have been enjoying the jazz on the weekends!Special Features:
- We went to Aqua Terra forOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/26/2011We went to Aqua Terra for an after Thanksgiving dinner and were thrilled! The food was excellent. We had a diverse group who ordered everything from the tuna tartar and Jambalaya to the petite filet mignon and fettucini alfredo. Everything was very good and they did an amazing job at meeting our groups special requests. Then when the live jazz entertainment began we loved it even more. We stayed till 2 and enjoyed every minute! Thanks Aqua Terra for a lovely evening to round out our Thanksgiving holiday.Special Features:
- I've dined at Aqua Terra twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/19/2011I've dined at Aqua Terra twice with family and friends. It's got a great fun neighborhood feel with good food, decent wine selection, interesting cocktails on the menu, hip jazz music, and live jazz late nights on weekends. A welcome sophisticated change from the usual Annapolis bar scene, perfect for couples and small group celebrations. The owners and service staff are friendly and attentive. My favorite place in Annapolis.Special Features:
- Great food & musicOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/19/2011Great food and personal attention from the owners make this small, centrally located restaurant a gem. Well-chosen jazz on the PA, and live jazz every Saturday night 9:30 - 12:30. An ultra-civilized place worthy of repeat visits.Special Features:
- Our meal was pretty good,KaitDined on 11/19/2011Our meal was pretty good, but in general, the food and overall experience were definitely not worth what we paid. The small plates/appetizers were wayyy over-priced, in particular.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/18/2011Our first time there - really enjoyed everything! Will be back, and are looking forward to hearing some jazz! Great!!Special Features: