114 Middle Lane
Beaufort, NC 28516Neighborhood:
Beaufort / Morehead City
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquaexperience.com/
- Phone: 2527287777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 6:00pm - 900pm Friday - Saturday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jon McGregor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Limited off site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private party / Banquet facilities available overlooking Taylor's Creek and the Beautiful Beaufort waterfront from the 3rd floor private dining room located in our sister restaurant Clawson's 1905 Restaurant & Pub. Seats up to 60ish
- Private Party Contact: Kim Kromka 2527287777
A word from Aqua Restaurant
Our menu is created to bring you the freshest seasonal items available presented with a creative touch. Aqua’s small plates offer you an exciting array of tastes in ‘just right” portions ideal for passing around the table or enjoying two or three as a full meal. Aqua’s Big Plates feature "North Carolina seafood served stylishly" with the freshest local seafood and Choice Beef Filet, as well as local produce when it’s seasonally available. Aqua prides itself on offering fresh, local products and supporting our local fisherman and farmers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aqua Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Beaufort / Morehead City ›
Aqua Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (98)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (60)great for outdoor dining (55)romantic (53)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Awesome place!beaufortfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014Big wow. We go once a week and bring our out of town guests here for great martinis, great wine and artistically presented culinary offerings.Special Features:
- Local hot spotdlogs59VIPDined on 9/12/2014Fresh Local ingredients. My wife started with terrific Caesar salad and fell in live with the tomato pie but had mixed reviews for the shrimp small plate that she felt lacked seasoning. I had a large plate cioppino that had great flavor and ample seafood but could use some more local fish to balance the local shrimp and scallops. Based on our experience we would skip dessert.Special Features:
- Wonderful outstanding foodSusieQDined on 9/6/2014We visited Aqua Restaurant based on other reviews. We are so glad we chose them for our anniversary dinner. The food was wonderful and used local seafood and other local ingredients in the dishes. Each dish was brought out one at a time so it could be savored and enjoyed. The server did an excellent job of pacing the meal and providing guidance on our selections. There were many thoughtful touches through out the restaurant but clearly the best aspect is the excellent food. I would have expected to pay more for such a wonderful meal. We will definitely return for another visit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesigngirlDined on 9/5/2014Great place...really enjoyed the small plate selection. Food was wonderful:)Special Features:
- BobandBettyDined on 9/2/2014Possibly the best pork tenderloin I have every tasted! We love Aqua, unfortunately it seems, only for special occasions as it is too pricy for more regular dining. A couple of years back we were more frequent visitors during the off season when they had a BOGO program going on. Wish they would bring it back so that Aqua could be a more frequent part of our eating out budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Our family had a great time!! The outdoor area is fun and cute!! I would recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BeaufortcathylvbDined on 8/31/2014Best meal we had in Beaufort. Food was outstanding and the service was top notch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicefoodieDined on 8/30/2014Not only is the food outstanding, but a little mix-up in the kitchen caused our waiter, manager and the chef to come out and apologize. They brought a huge dessert sampler on the house and the item I had ordered was removed from the bill.. I have never felt so appreciated as a customer! Not only have I told all the foodies I know, but this will go on social media...You absolutely must try this restaurant if you love well crafted exceptional food:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquaEducatorDined on 8/29/2014Great Beaufort restaurant. Fun environment; delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little back alley gem!Brewski519Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I have been here a half dozen times now and we order 4-6 small plates to share each time we go. We have NEVER been disappointed. They even sent us home with a small bottle of champagne after our Anniversary Dinner. If you go during the summer, make sure you sit out on the screened in porch with the ceiling fans! Great wine list and craft beer list (which scores points with me! ). I promise, you won't be disappointed with this little seaside village back alley gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolcatDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, ambiance and service. Look forward to going back when we vacation in Beaufort again next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeGDined on 8/26/2014We have been there three times and found Aqua to be consistently outstanding -- cannot wait until next time.Special Features:
- Portion sizePookie12Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent but portion size for the price was not comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining! We love this place!NeddaIDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! The service was exceptional. If you live in the Beaufort, NC area or are just a visitor, this is a must visit restaurant to add to your list. We were greeted when we walked through the door by someone who was genuinely thrilled to have us join them for dinner and from that point forward the service and the experience were amazing. The menu offers a variety of options, tapas, small plates and regular dinner size portions. All of the dishes have a wonderful twist to make them interesting and enticing - try the tomato pie or the fried green tomatoes served with habanero cheddar pimento cheese as a starter. Service was top notch. We remembered the server who had waited on us the first time and asked for her again. Delightful!Special Features:
- WHat A Great Little PlacejcalbiVIPDined on 8/22/2014We found Aqua thanks to the Open Table App. Took a vacation to Emerald Isle, NC and we were looking for something a little more unique to the area and was also kid friendly (2 eleven year old girls). Food was fantastic, loved the vibe of the lace, especially the outdoor space. Friday was wine lovers night which was 1/3 off all bottles (and the prices were reasonable to start!). We were never rushed and our server was engaging and quite personable. This will be a must on our next visit to the crystal coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Find in BeaufortLaurasTravelNotesDined on 8/21/2014Our family, including my father and mother (who was celebrating her 78th birthday) enjoyed our dinner at Aqua. We had not heard of this restaurant and I just made a reservation based on great reviews. (Thanks to Open Table - this was easy!) And, I'm happy to say, the restaurant lived up to its reputation! Each of us (6 total) ordered a different small plate in addition to a couple of appetizers and salads. Each dish was creative, seasonal, and presented beautifully. We all were extremely satisfied with our choices. And, to top off the celebration, we had birthday creme brulee -- delicious! Next time we are on the Crystal Coast - we will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Finer dining on the Crystal CoastMikeSVIPDined on 8/19/2014While not exactly haute cuisine, Aqua is certainly a good few notches above the typical restaurant at the North Carolina shore. Seven of us have been there the past two summers and have been quite happy to find a place that serves imaginative dishes in a friendly atmosphere. From the tapas menu, the tomato pie was a hit. So too was the watermelon salad, chuncks of pitless fruit covered by arugala, feta and pumpkin seeds with an ancho chili dressing for some kick. The swordfish, tuna and petit filet small plates were a hit as was the bouillabaise large plate. We were there on WineOrama night, a four wine tasting for $10, a real bargain for nice pours of two whites and two reds. If you find yourself in Beaufort, NC, or nearby, go to Aqua.
- AquaMD123Dined on 8/19/2014The hostess (owner?) was abrupt to the point of rudness; however, the staff was wonderful. Incredible meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date night fun!openwideDined on 8/16/2014Simply awesome. Fantastic blend of ingredients from the appetizers to main course and desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencemangiarabeneDined on 8/16/2014We've dined at Aqua on several occasions when visiting the area and would highly recommend it. Food is outstanding, staff is knowledgeable and attentive. We had an unexpected change in the time we had reserved and found the staff extremely accommodating. It is a "must do" when we are at Beaufort.Special Features:
- A true diamondeatthefactsDined on 8/14/2014We (2) were given a comfortable booth fit for four. Hostess was social in an affable way. Small wait for waitress, who was great., only appeared when needed. She was never hovering and never AWOL. The tomato pie, which I'd never had before was a fabulous Southern treat. My girl had the "small plate" pork tenderloin and has never had pork so tender and it's accompaniment with pears was a true Master's touch. My tuna "small plate" was done perfectly. For dessert we selected a "large" creme' brulee which was perfect and comfortably enough for two. Thursday night and it was $5 martini night. Two martini's each and not even a tingle, these drinks would have been overpriced at $2. Next time I will just have coffee and a nip in the car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in Beaufort!WIgirlDined on 8/12/2014Every time I go to Beaufort for dinner or drinks I visit Aqua; there is no reason to try a different restaurant because the menu changes according to the seasons and I have never been let down by the food I have had. I always take my friends and family there and now it is one of their favorite restaurants too! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys food, wine, martinis, and a relaxing atmosphere with a kind and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit herefoodieDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is a foodie's paradise. The flavors and presentation were perfect. My entree was point on, my husband's filet however was sent out well-done instead of the medium he requested. That was the only negative in the entire meal. Great attention by server! Will be back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTigermanDined on 8/9/2014Best meal that I've had on the Crystal Coast. We were early and our meal could have been rushed, but the waitress paced the service perfectly. We mixed salads with an appetizer and "small plates". Coupled with a creme brûlée that we couldn't finish, it was a great celebration feast! Did I mention, all the preparations were outstanding?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014An absolutely impeccable experience. We split the small plates and had more than enough. Pomme frites were perfectly crispy, the tomato pie was delicious, and crab cake was wonderful. This will be our go-to from here out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kim and servers are welcoming.Fall4meDined on 8/2/2014Noise panels would be helpful to allow easier conversations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Choice in BeaufortfinerfoodfriendDined on 8/2/2014Trendy setting with a great variety of choices on the menu. Loved the wine offerings and full attention of the wait staff. Will definitely return to this eating establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eaglevetDined on 8/2/2014To this very special restaurant; to Kim, Theresa, Amy, Lisa, Ivy, Andreas and all the other staff members (whose names we will eventually remember), we owe you a particularly eloquent thanks for all the wonderful evenings we have had and will continue to have with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jpk1VIPDined on 7/30/2014Great for and excellent service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Outstanding!JoeyDined on 7/30/2014Our dining experience was outstanding, as it always is when we dine at Aqua. Food, ambiance, service...all incredible. If we lived near Beaufort, we'd eat there every week.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food was amazing and the staff was wonderful. The tuna was my favorite as well as the crab cakes. They accomodate people with special dietary needs which is great since one person in my party only eats gluten free. The creme brulee is huge so it is great for a big group or to take home for later. I love the screened in porch because the flies stay away! It is kid friendly and nicely hidden from the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very cozy.HarbourlightsDined on 7/26/2014Waitress was too rushed. Had several servers after the initial order was taken by waitress. Very hurried waitress. Nice painted smile, but not very genuine. I will return after the Labor Day when dining isn't so hectic. Thanks to the restaurant for the wonderful birthday desert.Special Features:
- When kindness is a top ingredientluvtoeatDined on 7/26/2014We try to eat Vegan and were given this as an option and had a wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good DinnerJohnOCDined on 7/25/2014After our initial mixup, when the hostess changed our table and did not inform our wait person, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We did a mix of, salad, tapas, and small plates (and some are not that small). The 1/3 off a bottle of wine on Friday is a nice offering. The petit filet was done perfectly. A Cesar Salad and petit filet is a great dinner. We will return.Special Features:
- Continued ExcellenceWFUDeacDined on 7/24/2014Dined at Aqua again while on a return vacation to Beaufort. The food and service are excellent. It's a must while in Beaufort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBillDined on 7/23/2014Recently had a great dining experience at Aqua, with knowledgeable waiter, Andreas. Food and service excellent. Recommend the fried green tomato small plate, delicious. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Aqua ExperiencelocalcatchDined on 7/22/2014We met our friends at Aqua on Tuesday evening for Wine-o-Rama nite and had dinner. We always enjoy the fresh catch! This time fresh local caught grouper. Great food. Great wine. Especially enjoyed the Austrian Gruner Veltliner white. Thanks Aqua!Special Features:
- bluedevilluvDined on 7/19/2014Had reservation but still had to wait an hour. Menu was limited and not tasty. staff not helpful or friendly
- GingerbearDined on 7/18/2014Aqua feels like a metropolitan restaurant in a tiny coastal town. Its outdoor porch feels like a restaurant in Ocracoke and inside feels like a hip bar in Manhattan. The servers are solicitous and attentive, but not intrusive. Try lots of small plates and share. That's our strategy and it has worked every time! We had a salad, 4 small plates, and 3 desserts and all were equally delicious. I sat facing the kitchen and saw a lot of petite filet mignon served; it is a house specialty. Go with friends, enjoy the wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening Out with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Had not dined at Aqua in a few yrs, but continue to hear good things and reviews. We made a reservation and received a friendly greeting from the hostess. Our server Lisa provided excellent service, very knowledgeable about the food and wine! All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. All plates were beautifully presented, but a lacking in flavor. Over all a very nice experience but I wanted to be WOWED by the food! The petit beef filet was the only dish with WOW flavor. Prices were reasonable for the very good quality of the food. Likely to return next time I visit Beaufort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.