Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
1174 Duck Rd
Duck, NC 27949Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquaobx.com/
- Phone: 2522619700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday through Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00 pm, Limited Menu from 3 pm til 5 pm
Happy Hour 3pm - 6pm
Dinner: Wednesday through Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef John Hester
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the Currituck Sound, with an amazing view from every seat. Sunsets light up the sky every evening. Waterfront decks and bar provide an unforgettable and elegant event on the water,in the quaint village of Duck on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 2522619700x
- Entertainment: Live music on waterfront deck. From Buffet to pop, sassy jazz to get your groove on, the deck at AQUA is the jam and kick up your heels. Family friendly! We bring live music inside during the winter months.
- Special Events: AQUA Restaurant is the perfect venue for your special occasion. The diverse waterfront location and design offers a magnificent view and amenities that appeal to a party of 15 to 125.
The Southern end of the restaurant can be semi-private. A tasteful bamboo screen offers an intimate feel and private restrooms keep conveniences at hand. Available for 35 and fewer guests.
The Main dining area, with vistas of sunsets on the Currituck Sound and wildfowl a flutter, translates the delightful energy of AQUA; while offering waterfront tables where everyone truly does get “a view” of the water. Available for 40-60 guests.
Craving the divine intimacy of AQUA, all to yourself? Be our guest, our only guest…AQUA is available for 65-125 clients, to enjoy, dance, toast and create memories all evening. Wrap around decks, green space, beanbag toss, music inside or out…the flow of the evening is bliss.
A word from Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
One of the most beautiful waterfront restaurants in Duck on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, AQUA Restaurant offers fresh regional cuisine in a casual and elegant setting. Our mission is to create delicious culinary masterpieces with locally farmed ingredients, fresh locally caught fish and all natural meats for our guests to enjoy. Our innovative wine list, craft beers and creative cocktails are second to none, carefully chosen to complement our Chef’s savory creations. Whether you are looking for a tasty lunch or dinner, live music, a beautiful sunset or good times with friends and family, AQUA is the place to beContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC - Best Restaurants in Duck ›
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (41)romantic (34)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- first visitJosephDined on 10/18/2014first class from top to bottom. very attentive, well trained staff. Perfect team work and chefs that do wonderful things with food.Special Features:
- Go for Lunch & DinnerDianaVIPDined on 10/12/2014We've had dinner there a couple of times, but this was our first time for lunch. It did not disappoint. We had a nice table overlooking the Sound. I had the fish tacos and husband had the crab cake. Both were very, very good. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a ViewOBXDinerDined on 10/4/2014Great food and service but what a view. No better place in the Outer Banks to enjoy the sunset.Special Features:
- WonderfulMoondoggieVIPDined on 10/1/2014This was about my 10th trip here. It was a perfect dining experience in every way as always. Wonderful food, service , and views!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LocationTerriPDined on 10/1/2014We made reservations but didn't really need them. Most of the tables have a nice view of the sound. We were fortunate to have a nice sunset almost every evening. The meals were delicious. I had the chicken and my husband had a creole dish. I would love to try the spa on my next visit to OBX.Special Features:
- DebMDined on 9/28/2014very nice dinner - they were out of the fish specials, but the steaks were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful sound side diningLuduDined on 9/28/2014We loved this place! Food was wonderful and so was the service. My only peeve is that the hostess did not read our request for outside dining but did comply when we asked for outdoors after being lead to an inside table. Our server, Byron was a delight and the bartender was excellent. It' a ver special place.Special Features:
- Get the soupPalmlynDined on 9/27/2014Great lunch or dinner. Aqua has built up a nice lawn area full of Adirondack chairs. Great place to watch the sunset, relax before dinner or enjoy an outdoor cocktail. Steaks are always cooked to perfection. Crab and corn soup cant be beat.Hand cut fries with a side of their house made spicy ketchup is a good place to start any meal. We arrived unintentionally, but very early on a Saturday night and the staff was very accommodating, seating us as soon as they were able. There is also a guy that plays music in the evening. I don't know his name, but have caught him several times and really enjoy his music. My dad, who is simple man and not easily impressed, always asks if we are going to the place with the good soup.Special Features:
- Wednesday night; 9/25/14HobbsDined on 9/24/2014The wait staff was attentive. Sat down on time. Cheese plate innovative. Main courses mundane. Fresh flounder was dry and the chicken was a bit tough. Wine list fairly priced. Would go again but be more selective with the entrees. Did not try salads or appetizers due to late lunch.Special Features:
- Sunset PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Drove down from Corolla for a sunset dinner. Aqua has a very nice staff, great food, and a beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible view, mediocre foodAminandEllenVIPDined on 9/18/2014Amazing view of sunset. Crab cakes loaded with alioli...not very good.Special Features:
- A perfect gemDaveWDined on 9/12/2014The one word to describe Aqua is .. "perfection". It has been many years since I have been to a restaurant when everything was flawless. Everything from the service, to the food quality and the atmosphere "just worked". It was so nice to see food portions that weren't obnoxious super-sized bloat. The speed at which everything came out could not have been better. The overall taste, presentation, portion and quality was flawless. We have been to almost every restaurant in the Duck / Corolla area and nobody else comes close to Aqua.Special Features:
- Drinks at sunset followed by dinnerMaryland2014Dined on 9/11/2014Having returned to OBX after a few years, we were happy to see another dining option. We arrived about an hour early to enjoy a sunset drink in the "yard" followed by dinner. Great cocktail menu & beer choices with fabulous sunset watching while live music softly accompanied. Our table was ready when we arrived & still waiting for us upon ready to be seated. A clean, modern appearance with wonderful view. All entrée choices (fish taco, filet, pasta & tilefish) were excellent as well as the deconstructed key lime pie & chocolate ice cream, best we enjoyed during our vacation. We highly recommend & will repeat when we return.Special Features:
- Great FoodGoodEatsDined on 9/10/2014The crab cakes were amazing!! The sunset was spectacular along with being able to sit and watch it in the andirondack chairs after our meal and relax with a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Dine At Aqua Again Next Year!Iluvmy3gransDined on 9/10/2014Ten of us dined at Aqua the evening of September 10 and had a great time. They were very responsive to our wish to sit together. Dave, our wait staff, was wonderful. He was there when we needed him, but not intrusive. Try the white wine sangria. Delicious! Food was wonderful. We loved the crab dip appetizer. Music was not loud enabling us to talk and hear each other. View was spectacular. All in all a fun, delicious, pleasant experience. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Aqua is always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014Aqua = always exceptional food & service. Chef came to the table to say he had over-cooked one of our entrees, so there would be a delay and brought a free plate of appetizers to fill the time [a very short 10 minutes]. When it did arrive, it was perfect. We always have dinner at least twice during our OBX vacation every year - have since they opened.Special Features:
- Beautiful location, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014View was spectacular, people were very friendly,food was excellent! Goat cheese starter one of the best I've ever had - simply a great meal. Right on the water with beautiful sunset views. Had live music in the bar but was background music in the dining area - not overpowering and excellent!Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014From the front desk to the end of the meal, excellent service [as always]. The duck entree was terrific. David S looked after us even though restaurant was packed. We try to have at least two dinners at Aqua every visit to the Outer Banks and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- A disappointmentpjc1Dined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to Aqua and we will not be rushing back. From the reviews that we'd read we were expecting fine dining. The dining room was crowded/packed tight; the service not good. The main dishes - both meat and fish - were neither fresh nor interesting. They may want to consider a much more basic menue.Special Features:
- Best Dinner of our Trip!HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everyone in our group was thrilled. All of our food was tasty, but the greatest thing was the waiter's & chef's willingness to accommodate the dietary needs of one of our group members. They even sent sliced apple in lieu of the bread he was unable to eat. Definitely a place we'll visit the next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special nightFunkyDined on 8/30/2014We look forward to a special Aqua dinner on the last day of our vacation in Duck every year! The view is gogeous and the decor is modern and upscale. The food is delicious with great presentation. My very favorite is the crab and corn soup with truffle oil. Make reservations so that you can dine while the sun sets. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My food was delicious - curried vegetable soup special and the duck breast - but my friend's pasta was really overcooked (though the andouille that came with it was perfect). We did arrive towards the end of the night, and may have been the last table there. I did feel like we were being rushed out by our server, though she was really nice about it and I do understand what it's like to be at the end of the night with one table keeping you trapped. I think it's worth a trip back more towards the middle of dinner service to see what it's like then. And, most importantly, to actually try some dessert.Special Features:
- group dinnerkjstarrmanDined on 8/29/2014Great family dinner for 9....2 kids under 7...not enough options for kids.Food was very good, drinks also..service was awsome. Only negative was pricing, no entree on the dinner menus under 25$, which again, with younger ones is difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katdog21Dined on 8/28/2014Where else can you get a great massage followed by a glass of wine, a superb meal, good music and a gorgeous sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingobxjrobardsDined on 8/24/2014I would certainly recommend to anyone. Varied menu with a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObxfoodiesDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed another meal at Aqua. The in season menu is different than the off season menu we are accustomed to. Seafood is always good, and several people had steak which they raved about. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Not so GoodJojsDined on 8/24/2014The 'risotto" was white rice with peas, not Arborio rice. It was cold and awful. The scallops were tough, chewy and cold as well. The crab dip tasted like cardboard. It is a beautiful room but really, the food needs serious work.
- RMT1RMT1Dined on 8/19/2014We return multiple times a year. This year, our group included grandparents, parents, and grandchildren. Service was superb: friendly, fun, prompt, attentive, never intrusive. Good variety of food. The crab and corn chowder is wonderful, crabcakes delicious, steak tender and done perfectly, salads crisp, presentation excellent. Desserts are very good. The wine list is very good, with a variety of choices for every taste. Aqua has become one of our Outer Banks favorites, from family gatherings to a quiet dinner for two. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower ExpectationsDontaskformuchDined on 8/15/2014Corn & crab soup only a mother could love. Had to beg for a second drink. Service was very un-attentive and under-staffed. Tabavele conversation noise was unbearable from folks next to us. Food just ok. Will likely not go back unless invited to a wedding reception or tied down and hauled in. Rather have stayed home and ordered pizza.
- Fantastic food and gorgeous sunsetRobPDined on 8/15/2014Went for a "family date night" with my wife and three kids (ages 9, 6 and 1) and had a blast. Originally seated on back deck for sunset but was too hot. Hostess kindly reseated us on side of restaurant where it was cooler and still had great view of the sound. Aqua was accommodating to kids without devolving into Chuck E Cheese. Food was wonderful and our server (JR) was great. Aqua is a gem in Duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no complaintsLTrain127Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and view. I should have called the restaurant instead of using open table. Open table said first available table for 8 for dinner was at 3 pm or 9pm. The place was empty even when we left. We could have got a table later than that. Service was great, fun drinks menu. Would def go back.Special Features:
- OBX Vacation SpotchellegtiDined on 8/14/2014Food was great. The restaurant was so crowded and unorganized. They need,to manage the crowds a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Gorgeous view, good food. Had the crab cakes. Others had the tuna, steak and fish tacos. Pricey and noisy, but they were very busy in the height of the season. No wait for our table, server was knowledgable and professional.Special Features:
- Good Food, unhappy waiterluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014AQUA was a very nice restaurant with good food and a great view of the sunset. The waiter was not attentive enough and appeared to be "sad" as if a or otherwise indifferent. I think if he had been better, we would have enjoyed the AQUA if the waiter had been better and smiling. The crab cakes were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining out!amyvdiningreviewDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I took our kids (ages 14, 12, 9) to dinner. Service was great and delicious food. They also have a great spa you should check out. Their fish taco's are the best!Special Features:
- A must "go to" restaurant!BinoDined on 8/7/2014Staff made the night extra special for us by giving us a delicious on the house champagne toast (was our 23rd anniversary). Such a find! Lovely views and lovely food! GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting DuckDineOutDined on 8/7/2014Thought this restaurant would be good based on location and a few reviews. Staff very nice and the overall feel of the restaurant was fine. Hoped to sit on one of the two patios since it was a nice night but not our luck. My biggest problem was the food. I ordered the scallops with a pea risotto. The scallops were quite small, not fresh at all (recently thawed?) and were prepared poorly- they were hard and gummy. The risotto was made to be a thick, chunky paste with little seasoning. Not sure if it was a night of bad luck for me as others at the table liked their filets and tuna special. Might try it again if no other good options that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aqua RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The server, Swann, was really terrific, the kitchen staff was able to accommodate one of our group who is gluten sensitive. However when were ordered dessert the special accommodations seemed to stop. We didn't receive what was promised (ice cream on a separate plate (lactose intolerant) and no nuts (allergy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food doesn't stand up to viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Go to Aqua for drinks and watch the sunset. Skip dinner. The only good thing we had was the crab dip. Scallop entree was barely edible. Service was interesting...somewhat aloof, just not polished. Overall, disappointing experience. Skip the food and head to Blue Point which is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great addition to Duck!EldoningDined on 7/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Aqua Restaurant and Spa. The food was very good - far superior to other local spots by a long shot. Service was friendly, informative, and prompt. We sampled the crab dip appetizer - delicious with lots of crab meat. the crostini was great as well. I had the Mai Mai special and loved it. Atmosphere is great with band playing and seating all around the boardwalk and surrounding spaces. View of teh sound and sunset were awesome. Definitely worth visiting and we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.