Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
1174 Duck Rd
Duck, NC 27949Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquaobx.com/
- Phone: 2522619700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday through Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00 pm, Limited Menu from 3 pm til 5 pm
Happy Hour 3pm - 6pm
Dinner: Wednesday through Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef John Hester
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the Currituck Sound, with an amazing view from every seat. Sunsets light up the sky every evening. Waterfront decks and bar provide an unforgettable and elegant event on the water,in the quaint village of Duck on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 2522619700x
- Entertainment: Live music on waterfront deck. From Buffet to pop, sassy jazz to get your groove on, the deck at AQUA is the jam and kick up your heels. Family friendly! We bring live music inside during the winter months.
- Special Events: AQUA Restaurant is the perfect venue for your special occasion. The diverse waterfront location and design offers a magnificent view and amenities that appeal to a party of 15 to 125.
The Southern end of the restaurant can be semi-private. A tasteful bamboo screen offers an intimate feel and private restrooms keep conveniences at hand. Available for 35 and fewer guests.
The Main dining area, with vistas of sunsets on the Currituck Sound and wildfowl a flutter, translates the delightful energy of AQUA; while offering waterfront tables where everyone truly does get “a view” of the water. Available for 40-60 guests.
Craving the divine intimacy of AQUA, all to yourself? Be our guest, our only guest…AQUA is available for 65-125 clients, to enjoy, dance, toast and create memories all evening. Wrap around decks, green space, beanbag toss, music inside or out…the flow of the evening is bliss.
A word from Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC
One of the most beautiful waterfront restaurants in Duck on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, AQUA Restaurant offers fresh regional cuisine in a casual and elegant setting. Our mission is to create delicious culinary masterpieces with locally farmed ingredients, fresh locally caught fish and all natural meats for our guests to enjoy. Our innovative wine list, craft beers and creative cocktails are second to none, carefully chosen to complement our Chef’s savory creations. Whether you are looking for a tasty lunch or dinner, live music, a beautiful sunset or good times with friends and family, AQUA is the place to beContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC - Best Restaurants in Duck ›
Aqua Restaurant and Spa - Duck, NC reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)great for outdoor dining (60)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (47)romantic (41)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (19)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014From the front desk to the end of the meal, excellent service [as always]. The duck entree was terrific. David S looked after us even though restaurant was packed. We try to have at least two dinners at Aqua every visit to the Outer Banks and we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Dinner of our Trip!HappyDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everyone in our group was thrilled. All of our food was tasty, but the greatest thing was the waiter's & chef's willingness to accommodate the dietary needs of one of our group members. They even sent sliced apple in lieu of the bread he was unable to eat. Definitely a place we'll visit the next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special nightFunkyDined on 8/30/2014We look forward to a special Aqua dinner on the last day of our vacation in Duck every year! The view is gogeous and the decor is modern and upscale. The food is delicious with great presentation. My very favorite is the crab and corn soup with truffle oil. Make reservations so that you can dine while the sun sets. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My food was delicious - curried vegetable soup special and the duck breast - but my friend's pasta was really overcooked (though the andouille that came with it was perfect). We did arrive towards the end of the night, and may have been the last table there. I did feel like we were being rushed out by our server, though she was really nice about it and I do understand what it's like to be at the end of the night with one table keeping you trapped. I think it's worth a trip back more towards the middle of dinner service to see what it's like then. And, most importantly, to actually try some dessert.Special Features:
- group dinnerkjstarrmanDined on 8/29/2014Great family dinner for 9....2 kids under 7...not enough options for kids.Food was very good, drinks also..service was awsome. Only negative was pricing, no entree on the dinner menus under 25$, which again, with younger ones is difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katdog21Dined on 8/28/2014Where else can you get a great massage followed by a glass of wine, a superb meal, good music and a gorgeous sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingobxjrobardsDined on 8/24/2014I would certainly recommend to anyone. Varied menu with a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObxfoodiesDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed another meal at Aqua. The in season menu is different than the off season menu we are accustomed to. Seafood is always good, and several people had steak which they raved about. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Not so GoodJojsDined on 8/24/2014The 'risotto" was white rice with peas, not Arborio rice. It was cold and awful. The scallops were tough, chewy and cold as well. The crab dip tasted like cardboard. It is a beautiful room but really, the food needs serious work.
- RMT1RMT1Dined on 8/19/2014We return multiple times a year. This year, our group included grandparents, parents, and grandchildren. Service was superb: friendly, fun, prompt, attentive, never intrusive. Good variety of food. The crab and corn chowder is wonderful, crabcakes delicious, steak tender and done perfectly, salads crisp, presentation excellent. Desserts are very good. The wine list is very good, with a variety of choices for every taste. Aqua has become one of our Outer Banks favorites, from family gatherings to a quiet dinner for two. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower ExpectationsDontaskformuchDined on 8/15/2014Corn & crab soup only a mother could love. Had to beg for a second drink. Service was very un-attentive and under-staffed. Tabavele conversation noise was unbearable from folks next to us. Food just ok. Will likely not go back unless invited to a wedding reception or tied down and hauled in. Rather have stayed home and ordered pizza.
- Fantastic food and gorgeous sunsetRobPDined on 8/15/2014Went for a "family date night" with my wife and three kids (ages 9, 6 and 1) and had a blast. Originally seated on back deck for sunset but was too hot. Hostess kindly reseated us on side of restaurant where it was cooler and still had great view of the sound. Aqua was accommodating to kids without devolving into Chuck E Cheese. Food was wonderful and our server (JR) was great. Aqua is a gem in Duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and view. I should have called the restaurant instead of using open table. Open table said first available table for 8 for dinner was at 3 pm or 9pm. The place was empty even when we left. We could have got a table later than that. Service was great, fun drinks menu. Would def go back.Special Features:
- OBX Vacation SpotchellegtiDined on 8/14/2014Food was great. The restaurant was so crowded and unorganized. They need,to manage the crowds a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Gorgeous view, good food. Had the crab cakes. Others had the tuna, steak and fish tacos. Pricey and noisy, but they were very busy in the height of the season. No wait for our table, server was knowledgable and professional.Special Features:
- Good Food, unhappy waiterluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014AQUA was a very nice restaurant with good food and a great view of the sunset. The waiter was not attentive enough and appeared to be "sad" as if a or otherwise indifferent. I think if he had been better, we would have enjoyed the AQUA if the waiter had been better and smiling. The crab cakes were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining out!amyvdiningreviewDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I took our kids (ages 14, 12, 9) to dinner. Service was great and delicious food. They also have a great spa you should check out. Their fish taco's are the best!Special Features:
- A must "go to" restaurant!BinoDined on 8/7/2014Staff made the night extra special for us by giving us a delicious on the house champagne toast (was our 23rd anniversary). Such a find! Lovely views and lovely food! GO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting DuckDineOutDined on 8/7/2014Thought this restaurant would be good based on location and a few reviews. Staff very nice and the overall feel of the restaurant was fine. Hoped to sit on one of the two patios since it was a nice night but not our luck. My biggest problem was the food. I ordered the scallops with a pea risotto. The scallops were quite small, not fresh at all (recently thawed?) and were prepared poorly- they were hard and gummy. The risotto was made to be a thick, chunky paste with little seasoning. Not sure if it was a night of bad luck for me as others at the table liked their filets and tuna special. Might try it again if no other good options that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aqua RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The server, Swann, was really terrific, the kitchen staff was able to accommodate one of our group who is gluten sensitive. However when were ordered dessert the special accommodations seemed to stop. We didn't receive what was promised (ice cream on a separate plate (lactose intolerant) and no nuts (allergy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food doesn't stand up to viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Go to Aqua for drinks and watch the sunset. Skip dinner. The only good thing we had was the crab dip. Scallop entree was barely edible. Service was interesting...somewhat aloof, just not polished. Overall, disappointing experience. Skip the food and head to Blue Point which is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great addition to Duck!EldoningDined on 7/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Aqua Restaurant and Spa. The food was very good - far superior to other local spots by a long shot. Service was friendly, informative, and prompt. We sampled the crab dip appetizer - delicious with lots of crab meat. the crostini was great as well. I had the Mai Mai special and loved it. Atmosphere is great with band playing and seating all around the boardwalk and surrounding spaces. View of teh sound and sunset were awesome. Definitely worth visiting and we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!GigiDined on 7/24/2014Unexpected jewel found in Duck. Will definitely return on our next OBX visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OBX Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Q: What's best about Aqua? The setting? The water views? The service? The menu? The creativity/taste/presentation? A: e) All of the above What a great all-around experience. If you're even THINKING about going...stop thinking, and just go. Go!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014We enjoyed ourselves and will come back on our return to Duck, NC. Food was good. We especially liked our waitress, Christy S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed fine diningSecretChefDined on 7/14/2014Excellent service from a fantastic martini & wine menu. Somewhat limited food menu but everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014For a restaurant that says it provides "tasty selections from Chef’s culinary masterpieces", the food was lacking in flavor and orginality. From the signature sweet corn and crab soup which tasted like creamed corn put through a blender with a few flakes of added crab, to the sweet pea risotto, which was more like a watery rice pilaf, this food had no soul. The restaurant has great views of the sound, so grab a drink and watch the sunset from their deck, but pass on the meal.
- Great RestaurantRIolDined on 7/12/2014I have been to Aqua before for their spa services, but a friend suggested we go for dinner out last night at the beach in Duck this year I ma so glad she did the drinks and view were great and the food was very, very good. We will definitely be back for dinner or lunch and now the boardwalk goes all the way to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Date night outFrostythejoemanDined on 7/8/2014Cathy and I went here for dinner and just loved it. Food was great, wine was great, dessert was great!!!! We'll be back next year..Special Features:
- Time for a new OBX tradition...4foodiesDined on 7/5/2014Aqua is an OBX tradition for us, but this visit left us disappointed. The food was uninspired, tired and boring. When you pay $32 for the same plate of food you can get dozens of other place for less, it should be something special. It was just okay. The setting is beautiful and the fact that they take reservations is huge, but our experience was as uninspired as the food. Not sure whether this tradition will continue for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafooduwsamDined on 7/2/2014The food was great and the staff was very helpful and accommodating while we were picking out our appetizers and entrees. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant for an evening outScottDined on 7/2/2014Dinner was very nice. The drinks - Bloody Mary and martini - were great. Main dishes of Tilefish and Tuna were also excellent. Crab soup was great but had to send back the cucumber soup - it was just green water. Overall we had a nice evening just before evacuating the area ahead of hurricane arthur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service...5waloweryDined on 7/2/2014Good service, but if the waiter had a little more personality...it would have been great service. The rest of the staff was very customer focused and appeared to be doing an outstanding job!!!!Special Features:
- A summer traditionTNTeacherDined on 6/29/2014As always, the ambience and view from the Aqua deck is unparalleled. We've dined more than a dozen times over three years. It is a "must do" when visiting Duck, NC.Special Features:
- Very good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Setting and service were excellent. Very noisy inside. Outside setting is great but has picnic benches. Two people loved their food. One said the soft shells were not the best she ever had. The duck breast was tasty but arrived medium well when ordered rare to medium rare. However when that happened the manager comped the meal and gave a free dessert and coffee mug.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal once againGregWestChesterPADined on 6/25/2014We visit OBX every year in June and Aqua will always be on our list for an upscale dining option. The food and service were once again fabulous. Sweet corn and crab soup was the essence of sweet corn. Great entrees - duck, pasta with shrimp and andouille, steak - all expertly prepaired and delicious. Great wine options and reasonably priced. Quality wines by the glass so you don't have to buy a bottle to get something good, and everyone can get what they want to pair with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Great experience. However, pricey for frequent visits.Special Features:
- SuperbRMT1Dined on 6/23/2014As always in our experience, the food was very good for every dish ordered. Service has always been excellent, but our server Monday night was superb. We are repeat customers for a very good reason: the dining experience is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but gets loud and tightPBandJVIPDined on 6/13/2014Aqua is a great choice in Duck. We went to both lunch and dinner, and we had great food and service both times. We had lunch outside and enjoyed the view, but beware the low tides as the water can smell, so just be prepared. Service and food were both top Notch and well worth the visit (we will go back many times). Dinner was also great food and great service. The tables inside are tightly arranged, and once the bar starts filling up (for us that was by 6:45 on a Friday), the noise level climbs. Ideally, it would be great if they could section off the bar from the main restaurant area so that diners did not have to compete. All in all, Aqua is well worth it and one of our top 3 when eating in Duck/Sanderling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLovetoeatVIPDined on 6/12/2014I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant because of the good reviews. The reviews did not reflect the quality of what we got. While the view over the sound was lovely, a quiet dinner experience was not to be had. The dinning room is attached to the bar which was very noisy, so you are virtually sitting in the bar, like it or not. We ordered the soup de jour, which was green tomato. There were, what I believe, were celery stings throughout the soup. I got crab cakes which were made from claw meat, my husband got the pork chop, which was dry. The bill, with a $35 bottle of wine, was over $119. You can get much better food for cheaper prices in a better setting in at least a dozen other restaurants in the Banks.