Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks
213 Gulf Boulevard
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://aquaprimeflorida.com/
- Phone: 7273307724
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Corey Ryan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks
Farm Fresh Coastal CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks - Best Restaurants in Indian Rocks Beach ›
Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food great service had few glitchesFranVIPDined on 8/29/2014Read the reviews but wanted to try. Food was good, excellent outdoor bar and management very attentive. A few misses on the service but look like they are being addressed. We had a large party and still enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great food great service Able to accomodate our large group and wheel chair access for one our guests. Had a wonderful evening Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JERYDOVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been going to AP for quite a while and always enjoy it. However we would like the new owner-Steve Westphal-to bring back the "small dishes" menu that used to be available. My "short ribs" were tasty last night but slightly overcooked. Overall still quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is lacking in atmosphere. Service was good and our waitress was very attentive. Food was average and prices were a little high for the quality. I had filet and without the sauce it was very bland. Crab cakes were large but again only average. Not in a hurry to return. They did have a lively band and outdoor dining in the rear of the restaurant which seemed to be well attended.
- Need Help!LadylunchinVIPDined on 8/11/2014WE arrived for a 7:30PM reservation. We waited at the hostess desk for a good 5-8 minutes and no one noticed us. We went to the bar and asked for help with reservation/seating. We were seated and immediately asked about drinks...no time to even look at wine list. Got drinks and then waited over 30 minutes for waitress to return to take order or answer our questions about the menu. We had to flag someone down to get attention. The restaurant was not crowded. There was one large group 10+ finishing with their desserts. Meal was excellent in taste and portion. Server was pleasant, but whatever created the extreme slowness and lack of attention need to be corrected or they will never make it during the season in Indian Rocks Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Took at least 10minutes for a server to come to our table, when we asked about the specials she handed us her "cheat sheet" with the specials listed and some scratched out handwriting with different prices. They were out of multiple items on the regular menu, and the servers knowledge about the menu was less than desirable. The restaurant was pretty vacant for a Saturday night and the music was awful. Don't think I will be returning. Food was not that great either.
- Overpriced beach barBclipDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant has a great location but it's no wonder it only had unknowing tourists and local drinkers for the happy hour. They have an outside band and good atmosphere outside. 5 small coconut shrimp 10.99, desert ordered and received almost 15 minutes later was a very good apple pie alamode. 15.00 grouper sandwiches and 6.50 bad Cabernet ... Would not recommend ...
- RairoadVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed their meal. It was the 1st time for any of us to visit this restaurant. I live in Michigan, and my Mom and Sister and her family live in Chicago area. They were down and renting a condo nearby. They will probably return because of the food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in the areaeatingonthegulfDined on 7/26/2014This was a great dining experience. Good food, service. Would highly recommend giving it a try. Wonderful menu, something for everyone.Special Features:
- Very GoodzebulondannyDined on 7/17/2014I took a date and we both enjoyed the meal and the environment. The waiter (Robert) was very attentive in the right way (not hovering or annoying, but right on time). I will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B+ food but abysmal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The Ceaser Salad was best. Our service, even though our server described herself as a manager, was abysmally slow. Nobody was at the door so people just sort of wandered in till a waiter spotted and seated them.
- Nice birthday dinnerSettiDined on 6/23/2014I dined here on a Monday night with 3 adults and a baby. We were seated at our 7:30 reservation time. I liked the decor and the ambiance. Our server was nice and attentive. 3 of us ordered the filet mignon with herb roasted potatoes and sweet potatoe waffle fries. All 3 steaks were cooked wrong. I sent my undercooked steak back and it was promptly fixed and brought back out by the chef. The food itself was pretty tasty. Of course you can't compare the steaks to say Shulas or Flemings but they tasted great nevertheless. We all enjoyed our our sides and sauces as well. My husbands roast pork burrito was good too. Overall we had a nice experience and didn't think the prices were bad at all. We'd definitely like to back for lunch sometime.Special Features:
- yummyspecialoccasionDined on 6/21/2014The food and service here were great! The crowd seemed to be "older" and I wouldn't recommend bringing children. Overall everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Great DinnerMarkDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Fathers day dinner Sunday. Place was not to busy and we made a 6:45 res and arrived a little early. They sat us immediately and the food was awesome and serve was great too!!! Will be back soon. Caesar's salad was amazing!!!!!Special Features:
- Good could be great with a tweakSaylorDined on 6/7/2014Nice menu, food's very fresh. but everything seemed to be over salted. Had the scallop app. would have been great is they left some of the salt off. Caesar salad was good, but only one crouton in the whole salad. Not trying to be picky just honest. My son had a rib-eye again very salty and he was never asked how he'd liked it cooked. He asked me do I think that's because he was a kid???. It was well done he likes it med rare. Should have sent it back, but he didn't tell me till the end of dinner and most of it still on his plate. I had the tuna dinner and it was cooked and taste excellent.Special Features:
- Very good Mother's Day DinnerongiDined on 5/11/2014Most restaurants are very disappointing on Mother's Day,etc. The food here was quite good: fresh (not pasteurized) crabmeat in the crab cakes, fresh , tender grilled octopus, good house-made desserts. The service was excellent. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent.BobnLivDined on 5/7/2014To be frank I was a little bit apprehensive before visiting Aqua Prime due to the fact there were no prices on the online menu. And a couple if the reviews mentioned they had ordered scallops for $24.00 and got a serving of 3. Pretty pricey. Well we were pleasantly surprised as there were many reasonable items on the menu. I had the greatest appetizer, the surf and turf. It was excellent and much more than a starter. In fact that coupled with a salad was all I could eat. The presentations on all our meals were beautiful.. We were there for happy hour and loved those prices. We (5) of us even gave the waiter Benny a tough tryout by asking for 3 separate bills and not sitting as couples. He came thru with smiles.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Aqua Prime Seafood & Steaks reviews archive.
- Great Experience at Aqua PrimeShellyDined on 4/23/2014Fabulous oysters on the half she'll, delicious sea scallops and the coconut shrimp was the best I've ever tasted. Service was impeccable as we has a seasoned waitress named Tina. I'd go back and ask for her, she made our evening one that wants us to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking can be difficult atOinkOinkDined on 4/14/2014Parking can be difficult at peak times. Valet service needed on a regular basis during the season.Special Features:
- Great find at the beachDrschafesVIPDined on 4/12/2014Pound for pound and for price point, easily the best plae on the beach! Had the pork chop special, was most, tender and full of flavor. Only thinkg keepingit from 5 stars is the noide. Hard to hear conversations at your own table. Need to put in a noise muffler.Special Features:
- Great Beach RestaurantIluvegasDined on 4/12/2014Food was great. All six of us liked what we ordered. I had short ribs which were fall off the bone. Mussels were great and my friend had ordered the tuna which he said was the best he's ever had. Our server Beth was very attentive to our group. We were seated far enough away to hear the guy singing in the lounge area. After dinner we went out on their back patio area for a drink. They had great live music there too.Special Features:
- Great addition to Indian RocksFoodieDined on 4/9/2014It was our first time to Aqua Blue. The restaurant was very nice with a lovely decor. Our waiter, who was French was a pro and gave great reccomendations! The food was good and we left very happy. Nice to have a new restaurant in the area to enjoy- just wish it had outdoor seating as it wasn't offered the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to very GoodDickDined on 4/1/2014I would take friends to this restaurant for a good meal. Nothing spectacular but worth a visit.Special Features:
- Lunch MeetingLocalDined on 4/1/2014Restaurant staff was ready for our group of 13 and we were able to sit outside in their "garden," a beautiful setting. Everything went very smoothly and service was good. The veggie panini was a hit. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeneralfirsttimeDined on 3/28/2014The food was quite tasty, with agood selection of vegetables on the side, but a bit pricey for the location. Presentation is very well done. However the service was quite slow, both for the cocktails and the food. Especially considering the early evening timeframe of our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellentBlogsterDined on 3/27/2014Only complaint I can muster is that we had 5 people at a table for four. Otherwise the food was great and the service was wonderful. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening.,.,..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014We enjoyed our evening. We were a group of ten, service was very slow could have been faster. The girl was new, very nice personality, but we felt sorry for her as she did not know the price of the special that evening. The food was very good,, the atmosphere warm and comfortable. They only problem we saw was with the wait for the food.Special Features:
- Great new findLorac1056Dined on 3/23/2014I took my family, who were visiting from Chicago and New York, to Aqua Prime. It was our first time and we will definitely be back. Great food, atmosphere and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonferful dining experienceSkipboomDined on 3/22/2014A wonferful dining experience all around with each of our five visits. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Not sure why service so off tonightFoodie4funDined on 3/20/2014A Thursday night - the restaurant was not super busy, but we waited over 15 minutes after we asked for it to get a glass of wine. The food was good, but the service was not. Also the singer outside was not up to par. We'll go again and hope it was just one off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was our second visitpajyDined on 3/19/2014this was our second visit and they are still getting ordres mixed up. When our food came, we had incorrect food. Felt like the waitress maybe was new as she didn't seem real confident with everything. Food is good but probably will try some other places before returning. Two visits and two mess ups on orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only a Bit DissapointedCarolDined on 3/16/2014On the down side, the restaurant (Saturday at 7 PM!) was out of things that we wanted to eat -- e.g., fresh oysters and grouper. With such a limited menu, holes like that are pretty significant. That said, all the "main" courses were well cooked and delicious. I can't say the same about the sides: basmati rice was dry, gnocci were served in a puddle of grease, Yukon mashed were over garlicky. The vegetables that came with every entre, however, were fresh, simple and delicious. Appetizer portion sizes are small; get multiples for more than 2-3 diners. The wine list is small but reasonably priced. The service was like the food: excellent at times, merely adequate at others. The décor is in fact aqua -- but uninspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was exceptionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2014The restaurant was exceptionally clean and bright. The food, especially the Caesar salad and the rib eye steak are to die for. Veggies are not over done and the service was attentive. Will be back before we head north to Ontario.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B DAY outseafoodluvrDined on 3/15/2014Food and service were excellent We had a group of 6 and our waiter was attentive and worked very hard to make it a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aqua PrimeKashagakennyDined on 3/13/2014Parking was nearly impossible. Food average. A return is not warranted.Special Features:
- Very tasty!AshleyDined on 3/13/2014Groudinner tree was fabulous. Enjoyed the med salad as a side with entree. Keep up the awesome food and service.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in Indian RockContessaVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food was excellent, especially the salad with the citrus dressing. The service very attentive and the decor pleasing to the eye. Glad to see it was not just another bar in the beach. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- very impressed with this newOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014very impressed with this new place. Food was very good. I have no complaints. Seated quickly ontime for our reservation. Nice atmosphere and very good food.Special Features:
- SurprisedHatsoffDined on 3/9/2014We were a group of six and everyone ordered something different. Everyone commented how good the food was presented and tasted. My only comment is on my order. I ordered deep water scallops as my main course. The cost was $24.00 ( little high but I had heard from other people how good they were) and they were great but there was only 3 scallops. $8.00 a scallop????. Just last night I was at another place and got 8 scallops just a little smaller for $16.95. So I am not sure if aquai just was running out of scallops that night or if that is number they serve all the time.Special Features:
- New Steak House Needs WorkLittlePaulieDined on 3/9/2014We were told that the mission of this, newly reopened restaurant was to be a higher end steak house. So my first visit I ordered the rib eye, most steak house signature. As it was good, it wasn't exceptional, not making me anticipate my next visit. I will return and try a seafood entree but I do have other stops highlighted as my favorite steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.