AQUA by El Gaucho
2801 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
AQUA by El Gaucho
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/aqua-by-el-gaucho.html
- Phone: 2069569171x
- Hours of Operation:
Open at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wesley Hood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
A word from AQUA by El Gaucho
Seattle's hidden jewel, gorgeous and warmly elegant, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70. Walls of glass showcase some of Seattle's finest views of Elliott Bay, Magnolia Bluff and the Space Needle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
AQUA by El Gaucho - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
AQUA by El Gaucho reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (185)special occasion (168)great for outdoor dining (131)romantic (119)fit for foodies (91)notable wine list (81)good for groups (76)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (30)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (16)great for lunch (16)Show More
- A big disappointment :(OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014What a shame. So many friends had recommended this place. Booked for our Anniversary dinner and requested a window table. A great start, with hostesses congratulating us on our anniversary, a card and rose petals on the window view table. Then downhill. I don't know what the wait staff were doing but 20 mins went by before we had our order taken and then similar gaps before we saw them again. A spicy shrimp starter with sauce that tasted like the top fell off the spice shaker (and I love spicy food), a rack of lamb with a demi glaze that was so obviously burnt (supposed to be a chef's special) and a filet aqua with over cooked lobster medallion, weedy bearnaise and blah taste. I'm afraid we wont be back.Special Features:
- Amazing servicesydneyDined on 9/20/2014Aqua by El Gaucho is continuously over-delivering on the promise of great customer service. The excellent food, the superior ambiance, the high level of service and over the top menu...desserts...appetizers...wine selection and entrees, creative and delicious!! I am a confirmed Aqua FAN!! Kelly is absolutely the most gracious of hosts, elevating an already wonderful experience into SPECTACULAR!Special Features:
- great sea food, wonderful viewsdimpleDined on 9/19/2014This place has become my new favorite this year. First time, I came here to celebrate my birthday with a large group and had a great time. So, started going back for good seafood and great views. A bit pricey, but a great restaurant for special occasions and can fit large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all goodellagartoVIPDined on 9/16/2014a bit over priced. but all good. I guess you pay for the view!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionShipgirlDined on 9/13/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was my boyfriend's birthday, thinking maybe we would get a special dessert or table. Not only did they give us an amazing table with great views, they had a hand written card with the staffs' signatures, flower petals on the table and when the brought out the birthday dessert we chose, the piano man played "Happy Birthday!" What a night to remember! They really know how to make you feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aqua - Great for a Swanky Date!MAMDomerDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful restaurant with a stunning view of the sunset over the west of Seattle. Excellent environment for outdoor dining. Wonderful service. Awesome food. Swanky in a great way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th Birthday- Not a local26yearsyoungDined on 9/12/2014Traveled from California for the weekend to Seattle. Celebrated my 26th birthday here. Pricey, but typical steakhouse menu format. Very good food. Great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Touches & Excellent Seafoodfood4goodDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary here and the level of service and personalization blew us away! We arrived to a personalized greeting with a card signed by the entire staff, along with a window table decorated with rose pedals. We started off with a curated collection of raw oysters. The oysters were of decent size and represented a good assortment of local PacNW varieties. For our main course, we decided on the decadent Seafood Baccchanalia which is designed for two and features a nice filet of King Salmon, the most tender steamed lobster tail you'll ever have, a half dozen diver sea scallops, grilled wild prawns with a touch of garlic, and a gorgeous Red King Crab Leg. The best that we both have ever had!!Special Features:
- Special AnniversarySometimeDinerDined on 9/12/2014Great food and a beautiful view, although I think that seafood bacchanalia was overpriced. The blankets were a great touch. It was our anniversary, and the server gave us our desserts for free. That was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pk27Dined on 9/8/2014Beautiful setting, very good food, quite pricey, service could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014We are frequent patrons of this restaurant and were there for an anniversary on this occasion. Service was very good to exceptional and several of the waiters and managers stopped by the table to congratulate us, in additon to having rose petals and a card on the table when we arrived!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThebiegsDined on 9/7/2014Manages to be elegant, but not annoying. Excellent food and spectacular view. Great crab bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zippyDined on 9/7/2014The view is beautiful from all the tables. Service was very good. Tables have a nice distance between them so you don't feel jammed in. Music in background was pleasant. Expensive but worth the money.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulchm1Dined on 9/3/2014Aqua is always a terrific experience.The service, views, food, and atmosphere are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Real El GauchoclawsquawDined on 8/31/2014I had been here a couple of times before for work-related events, where the menu was limited, and all was delicious. Sunday we went on a personal level and ordered the caeser salad, which we thought would be the same as the real El Gaucho, but to our disappointment, was not. We all ordered steak and all 4 of them were so salty we could barely eat them. The view is to die for and waitstaff was excellent.Special Features:
- Very impressed!!!NoteasilyimpressedDined on 8/31/2014Aqua by El Gaucho exceeded every of our expectations. In fact, we were so satisfied we booked another dinner right away so that we could share a spectacular experience with our dear friends.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!ericgabeDined on 8/31/2014The food was really delicious. Good variety and a really good price. We're looking forward to coming back when brunch returns in the spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible but you pay for itdubie2007Dined on 8/29/2014Very pricey, but it is worth it if you're willing to pay!Special Features:
- Very pleasedTime2dine78Dined on 8/28/2014Overall, the experience was nice. My guest and I were able to enjoy our evening accompanied with great sea food and extensive wine list to choose from. The outdoor seating was perfect with the late August tempurtures. To set the mood a back ground of nice dining music could have been more noticeable. Still a A+ experience and will enjoy this great find again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedDined on 8/28/2014setting is the best in SEattle and the food delicious and well prepared - tuna fantastic and the double seafood platter outstanding. Great place to have an enjoyable evening and watch the sunset - love every momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View, Great FoodBurtFamily5Dined on 8/28/2014This is a great restaurant! We visited for my wife's birthday. We sat out on the patio, it was 80 degrees outside and watched the boats sail by as we enjoyed some great salmon and steak. Very good appetizer, we had the Gazpacho! I highly recommend Aqua! We also had the Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding for dessert and it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bang for the buckDenbobDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I were not impressed at all, and considering the cost, it was outrageous. My steak was very tough and cooked at medium rare so that was not the problem. My wife's seafood salad was OK but not very much sea food, and the mac and cheese was just OK. We will return for happy hour in the bar which is good, but never again for fine dining! There are too many great restaurants in Seattle for half the price.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was great. However, the service by the waiters was horrible. A restaurant at this level the drinks should be refilled without asking along with the bread. We went there to celebrate a milestone birthday and came away disappointed with the service or lack there of that we received. The view from the patio seating was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cosmicmdDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful restaurant with exceptional food and service. Of course, the view overlooking the Puget Sound couldn't be beat. The halibut ceviche was delicious.There were so many delicious seafood options to choose from on the menu, my husband and I couldn't decide what to get.So we chose the seafood plate for two and it was best choice.We were able to taste a little bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquaTimMcDined on 8/23/2014A very nice restaurant. Friendly, helpful, slightly slower service than had hoped but adequate (it was a busy summer weekend night), food was mostly great. Loved the live piano player. They didn't charge us for valet parking and they left a nice signed card and rose petals on the table as we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightOnthewayDined on 8/23/2014We started dinner with cocktails & Bliss seafood platter! Bliss is what the entire dinning experience was!Special Features:
- Special SeattlegaryDined on 8/21/2014Almost 5 stars......slightly slow service is the only negative.Special Features:
- OutstandingLilianaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Aqua is an amazing restaurant with a diverse menu to please every taste, service is excellent and the quality of the food superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with a viewfoodsquidDined on 8/20/2014Took a client to dinner here. We sat outside on a sunny Seattle day. Service was perfect - attentive without being fussy. Waiter was mindful of interrupting table conversation. Food was excellent and prepared to everyone's specific liking. Would definitely go back again. Pricing is high, but understandable for location and quality.Special Features:
- GregVIPDined on 8/18/2014expensive...but special. steaks were over cooked but were replaced without fussSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service & foodWaterfrontDined on 8/18/2014On a beautiful weekday evening enjoyed outside dining. Business dinner with two East Coast visitors and we each chose various seafood entrees and appetizers. Attentive, accommodating service excellent wine selection and tastefully prepared and presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchBrunchLoverDined on 8/17/2014I've tried AQUA's happy hour before and wanted to give their brunch a try. Their entire brunch buffet was delicious. The selection wasn't huge (which I like) like other seafood brunch buffets, so the quality was great! I thoroughly enjoyed each thing that I ate, especially the oysters! My husband and I were very impressed with the great flavor of all the food. The service at AQUA is always top notch and our visit for brunch was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually pretty good, not so todayjbjacks1975Dined on 8/16/2014This is one of three spots I usually recommend on the water as the ambiance is that good, but this time the experience fell completely flat. To be completely fair, I've had everything from pretty good (4/5) to moderate (3/5) experiences, thus keeping Aqua in the rotation, but I will likely not be back after this experience. I flew my wife in town to join me in Seattle as I had to stay over the weekend. We used to live in the area and she really wanted a waterfront dining experience. The service was atrocious - lack of attention to borderline rude. We were literally left alone, waters empty, for long stretches at a time. It really ruined the whole experience. No manager came by, no one checked in, super frustrating. Food was overdone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBBoopDined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful time. Our waiter Drew was very attentive and made certain whatever our need it would be met. Our food was delivered promptly and quickly. Looking forward to coming back again and again it is definitely worth it. The raw oysters were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Our server was very nice. View was nice and I like how "open" it is, no crammed together tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely celebrationLorraineDined on 8/15/2014I must say if you are looking to be treated very special, this is your place. Our birthday guest arrived to a table scattered with yellow rose petals and a card hand signed by the staff. Our server Jarrod, happily allowed us to pay corkage for or special bottle of champagne that we brought along. We started our meal with cocktails from their very creative list and the prawn appetizer. The prawns were well prepared but not over the top. We had a scallops main course and two sea bass all of which were really good. The lobster mashed potatoes weren't very exciting, but a passable side. The shining star was the bread pudding and our server Jarrod. He was so attentive and fun to chat with, he knew the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Good, but expensivemhaof5555Dined on 8/14/2014This is a great spot for a special occasion. The food is good with a diverse menu. It's not cheap though.Special Features:
- Never fails to please.QueenieDined on 8/14/2014Whenever my husband and I visit Seattle (from the Bay Area), we make sure to dine at Aqua. The food and service is always fabulous and never fails to please.Special Features:
- FabulousHappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014My first visit to Aqua was a very enjoyable experience. We were seated immediately and the overall service at our table was top notch. The service was friendly, attentive and timely, but not overbearing. Aqua's excellent wine by the glass selection was well appreciated. I often like to share dishes and the staff immediately offered to split the entrees for us. The food presentation was well thought out. The seafood is fresh with many different preparations to choose from. Preparations with sauces were very yummy. I would highly recommend trying Aqua for their fabulous seafood - but since it is owned by El Gaucho, I noticed the menu had a couple of their wonderful steaks on the menu for those that don't eat/want seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Didn't get waited on for 20 mins but once we asked a waiter if he was ours, he said "No, but I will be." He brought us free appetizers and was very nice. Great food and the best bread pudding ever. Service was great once we got a waiter.Special Features: