AQUA by El Gaucho
2801 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
AQUA by El Gaucho
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/aqua-by-el-gaucho.html
- Phone: 2069569171x
- Hours of Operation:
Open at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wesley Hood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
A word from AQUA by El Gaucho
Seattle's hidden jewel, gorgeous and warmly elegant, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70. Walls of glass showcase some of Seattle's finest views of Elliott Bay, Magnolia Bluff and the Space Needle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
AQUA by El Gaucho - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
AQUA by El Gaucho reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (175)special occasion (162)romantic (113)great for outdoor dining (110)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (80)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (28)great for brunch (27)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (15)Show More
- No bang for the buckOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I were not impressed at all, and considering the cost, it was outrageous. My steak was very tough and cooked at medium rare so that was not the problem. My wife's seafood salad was OK but not very much sea food, and the mac and cheese was just OK. We will return for happy hour in the bar which is good, but never again for fine dining! There are too many great restaurants in Seattle for half the price.Special Features:
- cosmicmdDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful restaurant with exceptional food and service. Of course, the view overlooking the Puget Sound couldn't be beat. The halibut ceviche was delicious.There were so many delicious seafood options to choose from on the menu, my husband and I couldn't decide what to get.So we chose the seafood plate for two and it was best choice.We were able to taste a little bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquaTimMcDined on 8/23/2014A very nice restaurant. Friendly, helpful, slightly slower service than had hoped but adequate (it was a busy summer weekend night), food was mostly great. Loved the live piano player. They didn't charge us for valet parking and they left a nice signed card and rose petals on the table as we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightOnthewayDined on 8/23/2014We started dinner with cocktails & Bliss seafood platter! Bliss is what the entire dinning experience was!Special Features:
- Special SeattlegaryDined on 8/21/2014Almost 5 stars......slightly slow service is the only negative.Special Features:
- OutstandingLilianaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Aqua is an amazing restaurant with a diverse menu to please every taste, service is excellent and the quality of the food superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with a viewfoodsquidDined on 8/20/2014Took a client to dinner here. We sat outside on a sunny Seattle day. Service was perfect - attentive without being fussy. Waiter was mindful of interrupting table conversation. Food was excellent and prepared to everyone's specific liking. Would definitely go back again. Pricing is high, but understandable for location and quality.Special Features:
- GregVIPDined on 8/18/2014expensive...but special. steaks were over cooked but were replaced without fussSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service & foodWaterfrontDined on 8/18/2014On a beautiful weekday evening enjoyed outside dining. Business dinner with two East Coast visitors and we each chose various seafood entrees and appetizers. Attentive, accommodating service excellent wine selection and tastefully prepared and presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchBrunchLoverDined on 8/17/2014I've tried AQUA's happy hour before and wanted to give their brunch a try. Their entire brunch buffet was delicious. The selection wasn't huge (which I like) like other seafood brunch buffets, so the quality was great! I thoroughly enjoyed each thing that I ate, especially the oysters! My husband and I were very impressed with the great flavor of all the food. The service at AQUA is always top notch and our visit for brunch was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually pretty good, not so todayjbjacks1975Dined on 8/16/2014This is one of three spots I usually recommend on the water as the ambiance is that good, but this time the experience fell completely flat. To be completely fair, I've had everything from pretty good (4/5) to moderate (3/5) experiences, thus keeping Aqua in the rotation, but I will likely not be back after this experience. I flew my wife in town to join me in Seattle as I had to stay over the weekend. We used to live in the area and she really wanted a waterfront dining experience. The service was atrocious - lack of attention to borderline rude. We were literally left alone, waters empty, for long stretches at a time. It really ruined the whole experience. No manager came by, no one checked in, super frustrating. Food was overdone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBBoopDined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful time. Our waiter Drew was very attentive and made certain whatever our need it would be met. Our food was delivered promptly and quickly. Looking forward to coming back again and again it is definitely worth it. The raw oysters were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Our server was very nice. View was nice and I like how "open" it is, no crammed together tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely celebrationLorraineDined on 8/15/2014I must say if you are looking to be treated very special, this is your place. Our birthday guest arrived to a table scattered with yellow rose petals and a card hand signed by the staff. Our server Jarrod, happily allowed us to pay corkage for or special bottle of champagne that we brought along. We started our meal with cocktails from their very creative list and the prawn appetizer. The prawns were well prepared but not over the top. We had a scallops main course and two sea bass all of which were really good. The lobster mashed potatoes weren't very exciting, but a passable side. The shining star was the bread pudding and our server Jarrod. He was so attentive and fun to chat with, he knew the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Good, but expensivemhaof5555Dined on 8/14/2014This is a great spot for a special occasion. The food is good with a diverse menu. It's not cheap though.Special Features:
- Never fails to please.QueenieDined on 8/14/2014Whenever my husband and I visit Seattle (from the Bay Area), we make sure to dine at Aqua. The food and service is always fabulous and never fails to please.Special Features:
- FabulousHappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014My first visit to Aqua was a very enjoyable experience. We were seated immediately and the overall service at our table was top notch. The service was friendly, attentive and timely, but not overbearing. Aqua's excellent wine by the glass selection was well appreciated. I often like to share dishes and the staff immediately offered to split the entrees for us. The food presentation was well thought out. The seafood is fresh with many different preparations to choose from. Preparations with sauces were very yummy. I would highly recommend trying Aqua for their fabulous seafood - but since it is owned by El Gaucho, I noticed the menu had a couple of their wonderful steaks on the menu for those that don't eat/want seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Didn't get waited on for 20 mins but once we asked a waiter if he was ours, he said "No, but I will be." He brought us free appetizers and was very nice. Great food and the best bread pudding ever. Service was great once we got a waiter.Special Features:
- Business DinnerKennyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Expensive, but the food was extraordinary. Everyone in our group of six raved about each course. My Swordfish and lobster were awesome as was my bread pudding dessert w/ the standout sea salt caramel sauce. Two people of the six ordered steak instead of fish and they said that they were cooked to perfection. Aqua has a good wine list, but I think they are pretty steep on their mark-up (3X). Service was good, but they missed a few tricks. I noticed some of the wine glasses they sat down had dishwasher cloud on them which is a detail that shouldn't be missed. This is the reason why I didn't rate them a five star. The valet parking is a really convenient way to park, especially in this area of Seattle. All in all I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Absolutely loved the restaurant and the night. Our waiter was fantastic and did his best to make me look even more romantic on my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised & Delighted a Special ManDelightfulDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I were visiting Seattle for his 60th birthday with friends. I reserved a table for 4. Even though there was guarantee of special sitting via online reservation, the staff at El Gaucho went out of their way to make the celebration special. At our request, the staff provided outdoor seating so we could enjoy the scenic views and watch the sunset. Every staff member greeted us warmly and wished my husband happy birthday, which surprised and delighted him. We were overjoyed to her several serenades of "happy birthday" performed beautifully by the pianist. However, the meal stole the show. I highly recommend the seafood soup and the bread pudding. It was the best I ever had and a delight to every sense. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationTinaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great service, and great weather made our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Bad ServiceEbcoDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I went to Aqua for the first time for our anniversary. On a warm August evening we sat outside on the patio and they even offered blankets when the sun began to set and the temperature began to drop. While the food was good I don't think it was good enough to warrant the steep prices tonight. My wife's Filet was ordered med-rare and while the temperature felt med-rare, the color of the meat was very dark brown making us wonder if it wasn't a little old. The service was some of the worst we've had in a long time. Our waiter was MIA much of the evening, our drinks were gone before he could come back, took forever to be able to order, etc. The ambience of Aqua was nice and may get me to return but with lower expectationsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/4/2014excellent service....Patio is fantastic during the summer.Special Features:
- ExcellentHlapuzDined on 8/3/2014Our first time dining at Aqua and my family and I loved the food, service and of course the seaside view was amazing. Can't wait to return once we visit Seattle again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous mealTessDined on 8/3/2014It was all good - must say the crab bisque was the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Anniversary Made SpecialBigHandManDined on 8/2/2014I made sure to tell the staff via OpenTable that this was our 22nd Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived to the restaurant, there was a card from the staff and rose petals on the table. The waiter was absolutely top notch. I could go on and on about how accommodating our waiter was for our plans later in the evening, to making sure we had photos of our event, and even coming outside on the deck to help us with a picture as the sun was setting. Even the parking experience was top notch. And the steak. OH! Melted like butter. Let's put it this way, if given the choice between Daniel's (Bellevue) and AQUA, we are going to AQUA.Special Features:
- anniversary dinner38yearsofblissDined on 7/31/2014We were treated royally right from the start. We were given a choice of outside or in and we chose a perfect outside table where our waiter told us to watch for the sailing regatta which was due shortly. The appetizer we chose was perfect (calamari) and my glass of pinot gris suited it well. The main courses were good. The seafood stew was great. Just the right amount of curry. The swordfish was good but a bit bland. The crowning touch was the special anniversary dessert which was decorated especially for us (and gratis!) The wait-staff were all attentive but not 'in your face'. After 38 years of married life, it was a wonderful evening that we won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced. Steak was tough2917Dined on 7/30/2014Steak was tough and not flavorful. Shrimp was ok but not at the high end prices. Food was in par with red lobster but 4 x the price. Server was awesome but we came for the food and were very disappointed.
- Blew us away! (In a good way)luv2dineDined on 7/29/2014We came to Seattle to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. The concierge at our hotel and other trusted sources told us about this place, so our expectations were pretty high. The staff, the ambiance/view and mostly the food completely blew us away (in a good way)! Service was impeccable on timing, attentive when we needed it, and left us to enjoy the food and view when we wanted. The food: freshness, taste, presentation, texture and temperature were all 10's. There was subtle creativity in the ingredients which also delighted the palette (I know that sounds poetic but like I said - they blew us away!) We will definitely come back to Aqua next time we come by Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FisherItsonmeDined on 7/28/2014We had their seafood extravaganza that was fresh and not overdone. I am local but my business clients were from Pittsburgh and they wanted king crab, salmon, scallops, we threw in lobster tails, halibut and steamer clams. What a treat. Service was terrrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey for the qualityFauxFoodyDined on 7/27/2014Enjoyable but seemed expensive relative to its peers. The Chilean sea bass, which we specifically went for, was tasty but just slightly overcooked and one needed to be sent back as it arrived cold. The truffle macaroni and cheese was not particularly flavorful and the pasta was on the firm side. The chicken and the halibut were fine but not particularly memorable. The wine list, calamari, service and desserts helped save it from being truly sub-par. When all was said and done, $425 for 4 included: 4 cocktails, 3 glasses of wine (not a bottle), two appetizers (calamari & prawns), 2 sea bass, 1 chicken, 1 halibut, 3 desserts. Expensive? Your call. But I've had better meals for less many other places.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Delicious food and amazing scenery! A must-go. The seafood and steak were such high quality and beautifully presented. Professional service with the right touches of personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningKBobsdineDined on 7/26/2014I needed the finist romantic best , best food, best view of Seattle and the Sunset and we got it all. My finist evening we have ever had. Incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome view, great food!MichtoVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is a perfect place to dine and watch the sun set across the Olympics and see the colors reflect on Mt. Rainier; a perfect backdrop for a special occasion. Every table on the patio has a spectacular view. With all this going on, the food is even better. The steak and lobster dish were cooked perfectly! My son had their seafood stew and loved it! It had a wonderful curry flavor and a wide variety of fish. The service on the patio was very casual and informal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayJumongHaDined on 7/26/2014Food was wonderful, all staff and especially the waiter was very attentive, friendly light atmosphere but also very up scaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer TreatPortlanderDined on 7/26/2014Great deck dining with stunning Sound and Olympic mountain views and a wonderful seafood selections. The wine list was extensive with not so easy to find wines.....the staff was extremely attentive too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AquaCaltommyDined on 7/24/2014Table behind us full of over served Gates Foundation people. Loud and lewd. Our food was very good. The wine suggestion was very good. The views are very nice. It would have been nice to have been able to talk to others at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid in Every WayFerryFoodiesDined on 7/24/2014Aqua makes good service their obsession. And the food is perfect, too. It isn't inexpensive, but for a special dinner, they hit the mark.Special Features:
- Great experienceAtmosphereseekerDined on 7/23/2014I have dined at Aqua twice and both times I received excellent service. In addition, the food was exceptional. It was an amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.