AQUA by El Gaucho
2801 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
AQUA by El Gaucho
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elgaucho.com/aqua-by-el-gaucho.html
- Phone: 2069569171x
- Hours of Operation:
Open at 4:00 pm daily. Dinner: Nightly from 5:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Wesley Hood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music seven days a week.
A word from AQUA by El Gaucho
Named Gayout’s Top Ten Seafood Restaurants in America in 2012, AQUA by El Gaucho sparkles at the tip of Pier 70, offering Seattle’s best waterfront dining experience. In addition to fantastic views and ambiance, guests are treated to the legendary El Gaucho personalized, fine-dining service and live music nightly. Our award-winning wine list, coupled with a menu highlighting fresh wild seafood preparations, as well as 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef® Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef® Brand, are all prepared on an open-pit charcoal grill in the exhibition kitchen. AQUA by El Gaucho delivers a quintessential Seattle fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
AQUA by El Gaucho - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
AQUA by El Gaucho reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (196)special occasion (182)romantic (135)great for outdoor dining (118)fit for foodies (111)notable wine list (84)good for groups (81)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (18)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (10)Show More
- Aqua DeliverspepperDined on 10/27/2014Aqua delivers a glam atmosphere without being uncomfortably posh. We were there for restaurant week so the food was well priced ( it's quite expensive otherwise) but everything was up to it's usual excellent standard. Great view tables (go early, they are not predictably reservable), and a generally nice " scene" when you walk in. Our steelhead was perfect and the linguini was cooked to perfection and not over sauced. I loved the carrot -ginger soup- not so impressed with the sorbet but loved the ginger cookies ( maybe I just love ginger..). Nice wine choices by the glass and a serious list by the bottle. Valet parking at a 7 dollar charge is reasonable.Special Features:
- Romantic, happy eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Came for dinner and the food and service were great. Ordered the calamari as a starter, which had great flavor but the texture was a slightly chewy. I ordered the Chilean Seabass, which was by far the highlight of all things ordered. The seabass was perfectly cooked and the sauce was so flavorful. Loved. My husband ordered grilled halibut and crab mac n cheese. Both good but not great. He ended up dipping the halibut in my sauce (for the Seabass) because his sauce was bland. The crab of the crab mac n cheese was awesome; fresh and large chunks; but the cheese noodles were bland. Not bad but I wouldn't order those two dishes again. Servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip!sensibletasteDined on 10/23/2014Fantastic Service from our very attentive waiter. The food was great and the portions large, even for the restaurant week menu. Individual items on the plate were solid, but the combinations on the plate were the real winner. Very inventive flavor pairings. The wine pairings were only ok. Definitely worth a trip back especially during the summer when the views are probably amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014An awesome restaurant with great food, fantastic service, and a view of the sunset over the water. Absolutely the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I got my money's worthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I chose the restaurant because I always wanted to go to main El Gaucho restaurant. So this would be the next best thing. I was so good. I had a great time. I got a good table and the $30 menu was delicious. The waitstaff was extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a corporate dinnerlikestoeatDined on 10/22/2014I was expecting some intimacy and a nice romantic date night. Instead it felt like I was in a nice ballroom in a hotel. Granted, it was raining, so I couldn't see the view of West Seattle through the streaked windows. There were a lot of large parties there, which made it fairly loud. The food was just ok. Not as "foodie" as it should be for the prices they are charging. I do have to give a thumbs up to the piano player that played bohemian rhapsody, which had me and my date giggling and the table next to us singing along.Special Features:
- md68Dined on 10/22/2014The food is very good but the noise made it difficult to talk to the person across the table from you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Waterfront DiningoldrangerDined on 10/22/2014We visited Aqua during Seattle Restaurant Week, tried the 3-course, $30 menu. Our group of 6 had a delightful experience. The food was beautifully presented, service was understated and thoroughly professional. This is a great place for a special dinner.Special Features:
- LOVE Aqua by El Gaucho!!foodies4lifeDined on 10/20/2014It was our first time to Aqua and we will definitely go back. We had a beautiful window table with a view of the sound. The staff were great and the food was AMAZING!! I have already recommended it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This is absolutely one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. The food was exceptional and I'm a little surprised that they can stay in business with all the attention we received. Everyone around us seemed to be getting the same great service as well. The pianist was a nice touch and even play "Happy Birthday" for my husband and me as they delivered our beautiful deserts. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to celebrate a special event or just get a wonderful meal. Their wine selection was good and they are conveniently located.Special Features:
- The service is always outstandingfinedineDined on 10/19/2014The first time we went to Aqua it was a very special occasion and we had $250 combined gift cards to start with. The three, two of us foodies, had a wonderful time and spent far more than the original budget. The food, ambience an service were wonderful. Returning for the second time for Restaurant Week, we wondered if the overall experience- food, drinks, an especially service- would be comparable when the whole meal was only $30. One of us was celebrating a birthday and we requested window seating for sunset. Not only did we get the table with the view, there were all sorts of special treats for the birthday girl. It was another great evening. We'll be back whenever we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining Experiencephil1727Dined on 10/18/2014The view is outstanding, but the food and especially the service is even better. Fine dining with the fabulous scenic vista of the Seattle Ferries crossing the bay. There are very few, if any more enjoyable places for a real dining experience.Special Features:
- AmazinggoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014The food, the service, and the atmosphere was amazing. The piano player did a great job and added to the ambiance. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the PriceFrancophile206VIPDined on 10/17/2014The setting is wonderful. The service exquisite. The food on a par with the setting and service.Special Features:
- Aqua is fantasticVacationmlcVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love everything about Aqua, no matter if we get seafood or steaks the food is excellent. Great service and a wonderful view of the soundSpecial Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was a combination of fabulous food, wonderful live piano music, great views, great service, and quiet so you could actually carry on a conversation ! Thank you for a fabulous evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at Aqua!!GolfgirlVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Aqua-everything was fantastic from the service to the wine list and our food was perfect. I will return here on every trip to Seattle!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavenMargaretDined on 10/13/2014First time at Aqua. It was lively, upbeat and BUSY! on a Monday night. Ben R. was our server, he was attentive and funny. Part of the reason for going out is to be entertained! We never felt neglected even though Ben R. had a large party he was also waiting on. The food was a thumbs up all around the table. It was fun and we will be back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The piano music was wonderful. The ambiance very good. The crab cake was good, not great. The scallops were very good. The salad was very good (mixed greens). The prawns were nothing special at all. I would not get them again. This dish was very low end. Blah-zeh. I doubt the manager has tasted it, at least lately. It should not be on the menu of a restaurant of this caliber. Very disappointing. The bread pudding was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but didn't meet expectationspassion4g8tfoodDined on 10/11/2014Looked forward to dining because of El Gaucho's reputation but was disappointed. Ordered Grilled Chilean Seabass and Filet Aqua. Filet was over cooked on one side but perfect on the other. Seabass was ok but would have preferred serving it with a light mango salsa to add more complexity to the dish, rather than the rice wine oyster sauce. Salads, wine were very good. The dessert was our most favorite. We ordered the Baileys Chocolate Caramel Pudding, it was divine! We sat next to a table with children and a large group who were very loud so I think this is a good place for large groups rather than a more intimate setting, maybe it was just that particular night because if was very busy. The service was very good and the view is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the SoundSeattleSweetieDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant served delicious and well prepared food. The spinach salad made at tableside was a highlight subtle yet wonderful blend of flavors in the dressing. My reasons for not giving 5's were very minor. It was raining so outside seating was not available and the inside had a slight obstruction for viewing the sound but the restaurant is all glass windows at end of pier with terrific views. Our waiter was extremely attentive, he was new but trained well, just not in that comfortable groove yet for a 5. Price is high but my husband and I felt it was worth it, other than the wine prices. One of the most expensive wine selections (or perhaps just markup) of many restaurants we have dined in around the world - 3 to 4 times retail.Special Features:
- WonderfulOnthewayDined on 10/10/2014We have been El Gaucho fans for years. We cannot believe how long it took us to find this gem!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceNafeesVIPDined on 10/8/2014I frequent steakhouses for work, including the other El Gaucho locations, but this was by far my favorite for a romantic dinner. The décor is a little 90s fantastic with splashes of marine-green and salmon, but the water-view and the live piano more than compensate for it. I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday and they went above and beyond in making it special for her. The management provided us with complimentary apps, dessert (with candle and message), a signed card from the staff, flower petals on the table, and extremely attentive service. They made my casual and hastily arranged dinner seem like an orchestrated and well-planned affair.Special Features:
- dinerluvDined on 10/8/2014What a memorable experience! We were celebrating our anniversary and this restaurant turned out to be the perfect place. The staff were very wecolming and attentive, especially our server who had great suggestions for both the wine and the meal. The staff even put rose petals and a card signed by all at our table. The view was spectacular. Our booth faced out on the bay overlooking the water, ferries, and the sun setting behind the mountains. I would highly recommend the dungeness crab and avocado salad, and the bread pudding for dessert. And I would encourage celebrating your next special occasion at Aqua. Truly a wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectRickyDined on 10/4/2014AQUA was one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in a long time. I've been to many of the finest restaurants in Seattle but this was the complete package in terms of food, service and ambience. Spacious, relaxed elegant with a beautiful view of the sound. The food while not that innovative was impeccably prepared. Service was as excellent service should be, not something you notice but always there before you need something. About the only thing that wasn't "perfect" was I wasn't offered coffee at the time dessert was ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Best Placewan8tveDined on 10/4/2014Food perfectly prepared. Service attentive but not rushed. Prices high, but for good food and good attention, I'll pay a lot. Portions generous; many can easily be split by two diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014A server I served a wrong dish, forgot to bring side dish as well. ...we waited our order for more than an hour , did not introduce menu, she doesn't fit that level of restaurant service. overall her service was a very poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerestoUsDined on 9/27/2014This is the third time my wife and I have come here for dinner. We're very pleased with the knowledge and friendliness of the staff. Somalia, Nick, was excellent. We gave him our likes and dislikes in a white wine. He came back with a French wine that was perfect.The setting sun over the sound was a bit annoying and we moved to another table, no hassle, where we still had an excellent view of the sound. We eat at our own pace. An excellent place to eat.Special Features:
- Aqua by El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/23/2014It is GREAT AS ALWAYS, service was wonderful and our fish really, really Wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointment :(mp820Dined on 9/20/2014What a shame. So many friends had recommended this place. Booked for our Anniversary dinner and requested a window table. A great start, with hostesses congratulating us on our anniversary, a card and rose petals on the window view table. Then downhill. I don't know what the wait staff were doing but 20 mins went by before we had our order taken and then similar gaps before we saw them again. A spicy shrimp starter with sauce that tasted like the top fell off the spice shaker (and I love spicy food), a rack of lamb with a demi glaze that was so obviously burnt (supposed to be a chef's special) and a filet aqua with over cooked lobster medallion, weedy bearnaise and blah taste. I'm afraid we wont be back.Special Features:
- Amazing servicesydneyDined on 9/20/2014Aqua by El Gaucho is continuously over-delivering on the promise of great customer service. The excellent food, the superior ambiance, the high level of service and over the top menu...desserts...appetizers...wine selection and entrees, creative and delicious!! I am a confirmed Aqua FAN!! Kelly is absolutely the most gracious of hosts, elevating an already wonderful experience into SPECTACULAR!Special Features:
- great sea food, wonderful viewsdimpleDined on 9/19/2014This place has become my new favorite this year. First time, I came here to celebrate my birthday with a large group and had a great time. So, started going back for good seafood and great views. A bit pricey, but a great restaurant for special occasions and can fit large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all goodellagartoVIPDined on 9/16/2014a bit over priced. but all good. I guess you pay for the view!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionShipgirlDined on 9/13/2014I mentioned in my reservation that it was my boyfriend's birthday, thinking maybe we would get a special dessert or table. Not only did they give us an amazing table with great views, they had a hand written card with the staffs' signatures, flower petals on the table and when the brought out the birthday dessert we chose, the piano man played "Happy Birthday!" What a night to remember! They really know how to make you feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aqua - Great for a Swanky Date!MAMDomerDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful restaurant with a stunning view of the sunset over the west of Seattle. Excellent environment for outdoor dining. Wonderful service. Awesome food. Swanky in a great way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th Birthday- Not a local26yearsyoungDined on 9/12/2014Traveled from California for the weekend to Seattle. Celebrated my 26th birthday here. Pricey, but typical steakhouse menu format. Very good food. Great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Touches & Excellent Seafoodfood4goodDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary here and the level of service and personalization blew us away! We arrived to a personalized greeting with a card signed by the entire staff, along with a window table decorated with rose pedals. We started off with a curated collection of raw oysters. The oysters were of decent size and represented a good assortment of local PacNW varieties. For our main course, we decided on the decadent Seafood Baccchanalia which is designed for two and features a nice filet of King Salmon, the most tender steamed lobster tail you'll ever have, a half dozen diver sea scallops, grilled wild prawns with a touch of garlic, and a gorgeous Red King Crab Leg. The best that we both have ever had!!Special Features:
- Special AnniversarySometimeDinerDined on 9/12/2014Great food and a beautiful view, although I think that seafood bacchanalia was overpriced. The blankets were a great touch. It was our anniversary, and the server gave us our desserts for free. That was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pk27Dined on 9/8/2014Beautiful setting, very good food, quite pricey, service could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014We are frequent patrons of this restaurant and were there for an anniversary on this occasion. Service was very good to exceptional and several of the waiters and managers stopped by the table to congratulate us, in additon to having rose petals and a card on the table when we arrived!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.