Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
3410 Rt 37 East
Toms River, NJ 08753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquablukitchen.com/
- Phone: 7322701180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aqua Blu can host special events for groups of almost any size. A semi-private area offering views of the open kitchen can be reserved for groups of up to 80 guests.
The private Rustic Room can accommodate up to 60 guests, and is ideal for both intimate celebrations and high-level business gatherings. The Aqua Blu Banquet Room is also available for large-scale receptions and seated events of up to 140 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cathy Varriale 7322701180x
- Entertainment: Visit http://aquablurestaurant.com/events/event-calendar/ to view our weekly events.
- Special Events: Consider Aqua Blu when planing your next special event. Aqua Blu can accommodate parties up to 200 people. Weddings, fundraisers, small dinner parties, birthdays, showers...we do it all at The Blu.
A word from Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
Owners Vincenzo and Caterina Varriale redefine hospitality by welcoming you to their newest venture, Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails. This one of a kind bar and restaurant offers an eclectic variety of dishes, uniquely vibrant and friendly service in a chic yet sophisticated atmosphere. Our menu offers a seasonal modern twist on American cuisine influenced by international fare. The invigorating space is made up of multiple dining rooms, three full service bars and a lounge. The restaurant is situated at 3410 Route 37 east Toms River, NJ, right at the foot of the Seaside bridge. Please join us for extended Happy Hour, daily specials and weekly entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (17)romantic (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Will definitely come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing !ChocoLalaVIPDined on 10/6/2014We have been to Aqua Blu many times and it has consistently become worse. Quality of dinners was mediocre at best. Service had no smile whatsoever and there is simply no customer concern.
- Weekday DiningPleasedPalateDined on 9/24/2014Yet another great meal. This time, dinner for three. Service was excellent in spite of the fact that our server was busy with a large party. He paced the meal at the tempo we requested. The food as always, delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Deliciously divineK8sK9sDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner. Server Anthony was very attentive and engaging. We were a party of 6 seated at a nice corner booth with plenty of room. Some enjoyed the nightly special Hangar Steak or fresh Tuna which were deemed delicious while a few enjoyed the 1/2 price pasta dishes and I simply devoured the chicken lightly coated with Parmesan. Great bar area with fabulous entertainer sounding like a mix of Sinatra/Buble. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable mealFernVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten here a few times and really enjoy their menu. My Tuna entrée was delicious! Kevin our server was great!Special Features:
- MantolokingVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our server, Mike was very helpful and professional. We went for the half price pasta and wine night and found it to be of good value. The table next to us had the special prix fixe meal which also looked very good. The veal chop is outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Excellent mealPittsburghDiningDined on 9/15/2014Excellent meal, fine presentation, attentive service. Great Momday specials.Special Features:
- Great food but ambiance not so goodParrotheadRobVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Aqua Blue several times and each time i have enjoyed what i had. Our group of 8, for the most part, enjoyed what they had. Our only gripe was with the location of our table. We were in the large "club-like gymnasium" section of the restaurant. This wouldn't have been bad, except there was nobody else around. Also, it was very dark. We had several old folks with us who had to use their phone flashlights the entire time. The kept saying how they liked the food but hated to location of the table. We didn't like our table location, too dark. and the service was ok. Our waitress was super nice. So, all in all it was an ok night. The seared Tuna special was amazing.Special Features:
- DebbieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Food was good, like the decor and atmosphere . The open kitchen showed efficiency .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agua bludoro121Dined on 9/1/2014food and service were very good. noise level uncomfortable décor not on a level expected.Special Features:
- A Place to unwind after the beachKJLARCHVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was good and our dinner was relaxing after being at the beach for the day. Easy to get to from either side of the bridge.Special Features:
- nice atmosphere, excellent fooddean82Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dined at Aqua Blue for the 1st time on Saturday. Beautiful restaurant, great service, well seasoned, creative, and delicious dishes. We will defintely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Attentive service. Smoked tomato based sauce with calamari was great. A little disappointed in the tomato of the tomato/mozzarella appetizer. Was looking for a nice ripe Jersey tomato but it was hard more like a greenhouse tomato not ready. Filet was cooked perfect and served hot which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedTom450VIPDined on 8/23/2014After reading positive reviews for Aqua Blu, we took our family to the restaurant. It was a bad experience. First, the dining room looks more like a diner-poor atmosphere. We expected more. Secondly and most importantly, we given dirty wine glasses with the bottle of wine we selected. The glasses had caked on debris that you could feel while holding the glass. Clearly the waiter didn't care, because after we told him of the issue he brought the same glasses back with the same wine - provided an elaborate explanation of how the glasses were cleaned, and unfortunately the glasses still contained caked on debris. Should have left then and there and not stayed through the average food. I can't expect much when the dining utensils are dirty.
- Truly Italian PastaJoeyRocketDined on 8/23/2014Although some of the recipes have their own creative twists the core food seems solid Italian. The pasta Carbonara with shrimp is a great example. As good as in Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appealing on so many levelsEatingwellDined on 8/23/2014Beautifully decorated restaurant sets the stage for what turned out to be a well serviced creative gourmet culinary experience. The short ribs and tuna were excellent and the blueberry parfait was luscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomandlenaDined on 8/20/2014Service by our waiter, Anthony, was attentive, friendly and professional. The food was prepared as requested and served with just the right amount of time between courses. Prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity. Overall a very enjoyable evening's dinner. Will return real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MantolokingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our server, Kevin was very knowlegable and made helpful suggestions regarding the menu. Our food was cooked precisely to our wishes. Wonderful in every waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday dealChristmasEveDined on 8/18/2014This was my second time to Aqua Blu. A group of 11 people and appetizers and 10 meals were absolutely fantastic. The clam sauce was bland and the linguini too al dente. The kids menu is also lacking, but it isn't a kid kinda place. The owner is always around checking on things and Im sure if the person who had the clam sauce said something, the owner would have made it right for her. Our reservation was for 8:00 and our table was ready at 8:00. The wait staff is very attentive. Shout out to Laura-she was great. Awesome restaurant!Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Aqua Blu was suggested by a friend who never ate there. I took the suggestion and looked the restaurant up on the internet and the Web-site made a very good first impression as it was easy to use and simple. I made reservations using the easy OpenTable system and was pleased to find it fast and effective. The menu was diverse but not overwhelming and I enjoyed the choices were unique and a change from the usual options. I was very excited for dinner and I have not been in a while. The service was good and he checked up consistently. The food was better than expected and absolutely delicious. It was a very nice surprise to find out that it was "Half-off Monday" So we will defiantly return, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceNicolet82Dined on 8/18/2014The food is delicious and plate appearance was beautiful. Our server, Rich, was very polite, helpful, and attentive. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our third tripDonfvDined on 8/17/2014There are two kinds of diners. First those who go for taste. Second those who crave large portions. I believe Aqua Blue will satisfie both. I will put this place on my recommend list.Special Features:
- Nice dinner on vacation at NJ shoreRAD3Dined on 8/14/2014We reserved a table for dinner on Thursday night "Lobster Night" while on vacation at the Jersey shore. This was a nice night out and the food was very good. We had to ask for the special Lobster Night menu -- it was not automatically provided. The lobster specials were priced well and sounded interesting. We ordered the steamed lobster which came with corn on the cobb. Our other entrees were from the regular dinner menu, and were excellent. The pizza from the children's menu was also very good. Although this was a weeknight, the bar had live music and was crowded. There are separate dining areas away from the bar. The desserts were very good, and our server was attentive to the ladies, though my husband observed our waiter ignored him.
- Excellent find in our shore areamiller64Dined on 8/4/2014I have just recently eaten at Aqua Blu Kitchen and Cocktails and I'm so fond of this restaurant! We have gone back three times since the initial visit and we have two more reservations booked!Special Features:
- Great meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We went to Aqua Blu for dinner on a Monday night for 1/2 price night. Unfortunately we didn't realize that half price stated at 6 and all the reservations from 6 on were booked. The food and service were so good we didn't mind paying full price. Definitely a great place for dinner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food!ChristmasEveDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant looks big on the outside but the dining room is not big. The owner is present making sure things run smoothly and he introduces himself. We order the surf and turf medium rare. The lobster tail was huge and fresh, the filet was large and cooked perfectly. The sides are not ordinary, and they are delicious as well. Smoked mashed potatoes are yummy. We also ordered the special 32 ounce rib eye to share. The steak was melt in your mouth, charred on the outside and cooked perfect to the medium we ordered. The owner brought it over to show us before it was cooked. It was delicious! The server Monica is soooo attentive and just the right amount of chit chat.Special Features:
- Good restaurant - Great PricesStevenjDined on 7/30/2014Went there on a Wednesday night - we were a group of 5. Place was crowded but we were seated immediately (we had reservations) They have 1/2 price on pasta dishes and bottles of wine. Food was great and the prices were very reasonable. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not again.WillreturnDined on 7/29/2014Our server was very distracted. Even asking her for more attention, nothing more but service. She had problems keeping track of things at,our table. The food was good, but just okay. Will not be returning.
- Fantastic!ShorePointsFoodDined on 7/28/2014Aqua Blue is a great place to eat. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dinner here and we had a wonderful time. Food is great and the service is excellent. This restaurant understands marketing. They run specials all week that can't be beat. This brings in a great crowd and makes the atmosphere even better. On top of all of this, the ambiance is beautiful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We were very disappointed. The first time we went the service and food were outstanding. This time it was very different. Our drinks were weak and had to be sent back. The service wasn't great and the short ribs were over cooked and tasted bitter. We weren't the only ones with issues we saw several people sending food back to the kitchen. After the second experience I don't know that I would return.
- great foodmeowDined on 7/21/2014I really love this place, I been there for lunch and dinner with my friends and I cannot ask for anything more. The food is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSaratoga729Dined on 7/21/2014Took our boss out for Birthday Dinner-8 in the group-everyone loved the food! I have reservations for 3 out of the next 5 weeks! Love it Love it Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does a reservation matter?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I had made a reservation for 4 people at 7:30. My party and i arrived early, we were told that the people at our table were just finishing up their desserts. We did not sit down at our table until after 8. Why have a reservation if we still have to wait over 30 minutes to sit down. The best part was they kept telling us there were no more tables. Guess what when they sat us down RIGHT NEXT TO US is an EMPTY table for 4. After that, the service was just awful. We had to constantly flag down our very flustered waiter. For all our inconvenience, they took 2 whole coffees off our bill. Pretty looking place and the food was good, but the service in the front and waitstaff were awful. We will not return.
- Great food & entertainmentDianeDined on 7/16/2014The food and service were great. We ate in the dining room. The bar area has great entertainment but tends to be a little loud. Only disappointment is that the dining room has no view of the water.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerGr8tTymeDined on 7/14/2014Good food and service. Monday night special was a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!carpignaDined on 7/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we went to the restaurant the first time. We didn't know what to expect, the food was delicious, from the beginning to the end! We liked it so much, we went back with my parents and they loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodCannicDined on 7/4/2014We have been here several times over the past year, since it reopened after Super Storm Sandy, and once before the storm. The food is always good. They have a wonderful variety of oysters, a different fresh hummus each day, a beautiful selection of olives. A very eclectic menu and daily specials. The servers are knowledgeable and service is prompt. The large bar attracts different people from the diners in the dining room, which can sometimes get noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating a birthdayauntiediDined on 7/2/2014Took the family for dinner here to celebrate my birthday beings I wanted to try something new. The restaurant sits on the Barneget bay so I expected the restaurant to have big windows overlooking the bay. Well, there were no windows and dining room was very dark. Not at all what I expected of a restaurant near the water. Our server was nice but service was very slow. We had 6:15 reservations and the restaurant was really not that crowded...we waited a long time for our entrees. The server kept apologizing saying the kitchen was backed up. Food was good but not sure if I would go back there for dinner. The bar, however, was very crowded so I think it caters more to the bar scene than to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Aqua experienceAnniDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I were looking forward to dinning at aqua. We enjoyed our appetizers of the board and caprese. My husband had the braised beef and it was burnt which affected the rest of the food on his plate. I had the hangar steak and was perfectly done at medium. All and all, the service was excellent.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014There were four of us in our party. We all enjoyed everything we ordered. Food was delicious, menu extensive and the service was professional, friendly and well paced. We tried their sunset dinner menu and were very pleased with the cost of our meal. Overall, we'd recommend this restaurant and plan to go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.