Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
3410 Rt 37 East
Toms River, NJ 08753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aquablukitchen.com/
- Phone: 7322701180x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Aqua Blu can host special events for groups of almost any size. A semi-private area offering views of the open kitchen can be reserved for groups of up to 80 guests.
The private Rustic Room can accommodate up to 60 guests, and is ideal for both intimate celebrations and high-level business gatherings. The Aqua Blu Banquet Room is also available for large-scale receptions and seated events of up to 140 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cathy Varriale 7322701180x
- Entertainment: Visit http://aquablurestaurant.com/events/event-calendar/ to view our weekly events.
A word from Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails
Owners Vincenzo and Caterina Varriale redefine hospitality by welcoming you to their newest venture, Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails. This one of a kind bar and restaurant offers an eclectic variety of dishes, uniquely vibrant and friendly service in a chic yet sophisticated atmosphere. Our menu offers a seasonal modern twist on American cuisine influenced by international fare. The invigorating space is made up of multiple dining rooms, three full service bars and a lounge. The restaurant is situated at 3410 Route 37 east Toms River, NJ, right at the foot of the Seaside bridge. Please join us for extended Happy Hour, daily specials and weekly entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Toms River ›
Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (21)romantic (19)hot spot (16)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Extremely DisappointedTom450VIPDined on 8/23/2014After reading positive reviews for Aqua Blu, we took our family to the restaurant. It was a bad experience. First, the dining room looks more like a diner-poor atmosphere. We expected more. Secondly and most importantly, we given dirty wine glasses with the bottle of wine we selected. The glasses had caked on debris that you could feel while holding the glass. Clearly the waiter didn't care, because after we told him of the issue he brought the same glasses back with the same wine - provided an elaborate explanation of how the glasses were cleaned, and unfortunately the glasses still contained caked on debris. Should have left then and there and not stayed through the average food. I can't expect much when the dining utensils are dirty.
- Truly Italian PastaJoeyRocketDined on 8/23/2014Although some of the recipes have their own creative twists the core food seems solid Italian. The pasta Carbonara with shrimp is a great example. As good as in Rome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appealing on so many levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Beautifully decorated restaurant sets the stage for what turned out to be a well serviced creative gourmet culinary experience. The short ribs and tuna were excellent and the blueberry parfait was luscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomandlenaDined on 8/20/2014Service by our waiter, Anthony, was attentive, friendly and professional. The food was prepared as requested and served with just the right amount of time between courses. Prices were reasonable for the quality and quantity. Overall a very enjoyable evening's dinner. Will return real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MantolokingVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our server, Kevin was very knowlegable and made helpful suggestions regarding the menu. Our food was cooked precisely to our wishes. Wonderful in every waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday dealChristmasEveDined on 8/18/2014This was my second time to Aqua Blu. A group of 11 people and appetizers and 10 meals were absolutely fantastic. The clam sauce was bland and the linguini too al dente. The kids menu is also lacking, but it isn't a kid kinda place. The owner is always around checking on things and Im sure if the person who had the clam sauce said something, the owner would have made it right for her. Our reservation was for 8:00 and our table was ready at 8:00. The wait staff is very attentive. Shout out to Laura-she was great. Awesome restaurant!Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Aqua Blu was suggested by a friend who never ate there. I took the suggestion and looked the restaurant up on the internet and the Web-site made a very good first impression as it was easy to use and simple. I made reservations using the easy OpenTable system and was pleased to find it fast and effective. The menu was diverse but not overwhelming and I enjoyed the choices were unique and a change from the usual options. I was very excited for dinner and I have not been in a while. The service was good and he checked up consistently. The food was better than expected and absolutely delicious. It was a very nice surprise to find out that it was "Half-off Monday" So we will defiantly return, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceNicolet82Dined on 8/18/2014The food is delicious and plate appearance was beautiful. Our server, Rich, was very polite, helpful, and attentive. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our third tripDonfvDined on 8/17/2014There are two kinds of diners. First those who go for taste. Second those who crave large portions. I believe Aqua Blue will satisfie both. I will put this place on my recommend list.Special Features:
- Nice dinner on vacation at NJ shoreRAD3Dined on 8/14/2014We reserved a table for dinner on Thursday night "Lobster Night" while on vacation at the Jersey shore. This was a nice night out and the food was very good. We had to ask for the special Lobster Night menu -- it was not automatically provided. The lobster specials were priced well and sounded interesting. We ordered the steamed lobster which came with corn on the cobb. Our other entrees were from the regular dinner menu, and were excellent. The pizza from the children's menu was also very good. Although this was a weeknight, the bar had live music and was crowded. There are separate dining areas away from the bar. The desserts were very good, and our server was attentive to the ladies, though my husband observed our waiter ignored him.
- Excellent find in our shore areamiller64Dined on 8/4/2014I have just recently eaten at Aqua Blu Kitchen and Cocktails and I'm so fond of this restaurant! We have gone back three times since the initial visit and we have two more reservations booked!Special Features:
- Great meal and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We went to Aqua Blu for dinner on a Monday night for 1/2 price night. Unfortunately we didn't realize that half price stated at 6 and all the reservations from 6 on were booked. The food and service were so good we didn't mind paying full price. Definitely a great place for dinner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food!ChristmasEveDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant looks big on the outside but the dining room is not big. The owner is present making sure things run smoothly and he introduces himself. We order the surf and turf medium rare. The lobster tail was huge and fresh, the filet was large and cooked perfectly. The sides are not ordinary, and they are delicious as well. Smoked mashed potatoes are yummy. We also ordered the special 32 ounce rib eye to share. The steak was melt in your mouth, charred on the outside and cooked perfect to the medium we ordered. The owner brought it over to show us before it was cooked. It was delicious! The server Monica is soooo attentive and just the right amount of chit chat.Special Features:
- Good restaurant - Great PricesStevenjDined on 7/30/2014Went there on a Wednesday night - we were a group of 5. Place was crowded but we were seated immediately (we had reservations) They have 1/2 price on pasta dishes and bottles of wine. Food was great and the prices were very reasonable. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ShorePointsFoodDined on 7/28/2014Aqua Blue is a great place to eat. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dinner here and we had a wonderful time. Food is great and the service is excellent. This restaurant understands marketing. They run specials all week that can't be beat. This brings in a great crowd and makes the atmosphere even better. On top of all of this, the ambiance is beautiful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We were very disappointed. The first time we went the service and food were outstanding. This time it was very different. Our drinks were weak and had to be sent back. The service wasn't great and the short ribs were over cooked and tasted bitter. We weren't the only ones with issues we saw several people sending food back to the kitchen. After the second experience I don't know that I would return.
- great foodmeowDined on 7/21/2014I really love this place, I been there for lunch and dinner with my friends and I cannot ask for anything more. The food is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSaratoga729Dined on 7/21/2014Took our boss out for Birthday Dinner-8 in the group-everyone loved the food! I have reservations for 3 out of the next 5 weeks! Love it Love it Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does a reservation matter?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I had made a reservation for 4 people at 7:30. My party and i arrived early, we were told that the people at our table were just finishing up their desserts. We did not sit down at our table until after 8. Why have a reservation if we still have to wait over 30 minutes to sit down. The best part was they kept telling us there were no more tables. Guess what when they sat us down RIGHT NEXT TO US is an EMPTY table for 4. After that, the service was just awful. We had to constantly flag down our very flustered waiter. For all our inconvenience, they took 2 whole coffees off our bill. Pretty looking place and the food was good, but the service in the front and waitstaff were awful. We will not return.
- Great food & entertainmentDianeDined on 7/16/2014The food and service were great. We ate in the dining room. The bar area has great entertainment but tends to be a little loud. Only disappointment is that the dining room has no view of the water.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerGr8tTymeDined on 7/14/2014Good food and service. Monday night special was a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!carpignaDined on 7/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised when we went to the restaurant the first time. We didn't know what to expect, the food was delicious, from the beginning to the end! We liked it so much, we went back with my parents and they loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodCannicDined on 7/4/2014We have been here several times over the past year, since it reopened after Super Storm Sandy, and once before the storm. The food is always good. They have a wonderful variety of oysters, a different fresh hummus each day, a beautiful selection of olives. A very eclectic menu and daily specials. The servers are knowledgeable and service is prompt. The large bar attracts different people from the diners in the dining room, which can sometimes get noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating a birthdayauntiediDined on 7/2/2014Took the family for dinner here to celebrate my birthday beings I wanted to try something new. The restaurant sits on the Barneget bay so I expected the restaurant to have big windows overlooking the bay. Well, there were no windows and dining room was very dark. Not at all what I expected of a restaurant near the water. Our server was nice but service was very slow. We had 6:15 reservations and the restaurant was really not that crowded...we waited a long time for our entrees. The server kept apologizing saying the kitchen was backed up. Food was good but not sure if I would go back there for dinner. The bar, however, was very crowded so I think it caters more to the bar scene than to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Aqua experienceAnniDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I were looking forward to dinning at aqua. We enjoyed our appetizers of the board and caprese. My husband had the braised beef and it was burnt which affected the rest of the food on his plate. I had the hangar steak and was perfectly done at medium. All and all, the service was excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014There were four of us in our party. We all enjoyed everything we ordered. Food was delicious, menu extensive and the service was professional, friendly and well paced. We tried their sunset dinner menu and were very pleased with the cost of our meal. Overall, we'd recommend this restaurant and plan to go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has it allpinkearsDined on 5/23/2014The bar has a great bar and dj. the dining room is contemporary in decor and quiet enough for easy conversation. The food is a modern style of classic meat, poultry, salads and pasta. All with a tatty twist. Ask for Anthony, he's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this place is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Great place awesome food. (Especially the desserts) the staff was always attentive without being pushy. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, nice placeBearsman113VIPDined on 5/17/2014I had the crab cakes, oysters, and a filet mignon. The crab cakes were awesome! The filet was good too, but I did not like the broccoli rabe that came with it. It had a weird taste to it.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The food and service was good. But too many employees standing around doing nothing. Food was delicious but a bit expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/13/2014Great Sea Bass. Perfect bread. Good salad with just the right amount of dressing. Friendly staff.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchJG71Dined on 5/11/2014On the suggestion of a few friends, my family and I brought my Mom here for Mother's Day brunch. We were absolutely not disappointed. What an amazing spread they put out. My older daughter and I are vegetarian and there were plenty of yummy options available for us. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. It was pricier then other brunches by a few dollars per person but it was without a doubt, worth it. I would absolutely visit again and I have already spread the word to friends in the area that Aqua Blu is the place to go for a very classy and delicious brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Service was good, Waiter was great but forgot my last drink at the end of the night. Food was excellent, portions were small for the price. Bread was awesome...the food came out hot as well as the bread....butter was cold :( No ice was serve with the water and/or wasn't asked????? One desert was awesome then other was mediocre (chocolate souffle) Ice cream scoop was too small with all the chocolate........they need some work in the dessert section..... I would go back....they did an overall good job especially for South Jersey these days....Special Features:
- Great Seafood dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Honestly the best seabass I ever tasted. The salads were delicious. Service was excellent. Desserts were yummy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the Aqua Blu Kitchen & Cocktails reviews archive.
- Best Restaurant in Toms River!!!EastWestDined on 4/18/2014Service was awesome from the bar to the our server, Mike, at the table. All of our meals were fabulous, creative, perfectly prepared. The "white" lounge room near the bar was a place I'd want to hang out all night! My husband is pretty picky when it comes to his food, but he was extremely pleased with everything. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A surprise find !CharlesDined on 4/13/2014All four of us had a splendid meal . The surprise was on us since the place is fairly large , split into four major section but this lay out still gives the impression of being a bit oversized to be considered romantic or cosy though the food makes up for it. We shall go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seniors nite outRedsuspendersDined on 4/7/2014My friends and I found this to be a great place to meet, talk and dine. We will definitely keep this in mind for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surpriseFernVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had been to Aqua Blu for drinks a few times but never for dinner. We wanted to go there for the music & decided to give the restaurant a try. We were very happy that we did; the food was delicious! and Monica, our server, was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance, great foodFuzzyBuggDined on 2/16/2014My date and I went here for a Valentine's weekend menu special they were having. The special menu selections were fabulous but you could also choose from their regular menu. I had scallops and my date had a filet and both were amazing. It was very quiet due to a slow February Sunday but I could tell that normally it would be a busy place. Great atmosphere with unique decor. Very clean. Waitress was great and bussing was instant. We never wanted for anything. Go try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dinefooddudeDined on 2/14/2014I always thought this place was a bar/club so I stayed away because that wasn't my scene. I was looking to take my significant other somewhere different for Valentine's Day and happened upon a menu that really spoke to the food lover in me. I made a reservation and can say it was worth every cent. The ambiance was great with it fitting the theme of the night without being cheesy. There was a live singer, who was terrific, doing classic love songs. The food and wine pairings were spot on and I honestly couldn't have enjoyed my meal more. I left full, happy, and ready to return. Aqua blu I tip my hat to you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.