AQ by Acqualina
17875 Collins Avenue
SUnny Isles Beach, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
AQ by Acqualina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acqualinaresort.com/dining/aq/
- Phone: 3059186888x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Thursday 5.30 PM to 10 PM
Friday and Saturday 5.30 PM to 11 PM
Bar open daily from 11 AM to 11 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please visit our us at www.acqualina.com for details
- Special Events: Please visit our us at www.acqualina.com for details
A word from AQ by Acqualina
AQ by Acqualina features Modern American cuisine from acclaimed chef Dewey LoSasso. Beautifully presented, globally-inspired dishes with fresh, local ingredients served in a relaxed but luxurious oceanfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
AQ by Acqualina - Best Restaurants in Sunny Isles Beach ›
AQ by Acqualina reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (25)scenic view (25)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great way to end our nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The atmosphere was superb. The ambiance was perfect. The waiter and waitress was very welcoming and warm. The dining was elegant. I'm not a steak lover, but the filet mignon was delicious. The barbecue rib appetizer was by far the best ribs I've tasted. We ordered from the Miami spice menu. The only downside of the menu is there are no great side dishes. The gratuity was a big surprise, it was already included in the meal. I can see if it were a party of 4 or more, but it was only my wife and I. The gratuity was over % 15. Be prepared for valet parking, make sure to have your waiter validate your ticket before leaving. Overall the dining experience was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amoung the Bestbruce4gunsDined on 9/16/2014Two years in South Florida, many nights out at different restaurants. This is amoung the best and actually to date was the best. Expensive but so very worth it.Special Features:
- ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014You know what they say about expectations, don't have any. Acqualina was a bit of a bust for me. As a native of Miami, I'd often see the venue from the outside. The experience left a lot to be desired.
- What a disappointmentWanttobewowedDined on 9/13/2014We were not provided a wine list nor a spoon for soup until we finally could get the attention of one of the over-burdened servers. While apologies were offered, nothing could fix the surprisingly mediocre meals that were served. Soup (once a waiter, not ours, was flagged down to provide a spoon) that was vinegary, a filet mignon that was over cooked and a uninspired chocolate dessert that clearly had been defrosted or over-refrigerated were the low-lights of our dinner. I do not recommend this experience to anyone.
- A Sunny Isles gemCitygirl15VIPDined on 9/12/2014We are new to the area and discovered AQ during Miami Spice month. Ever since my husband and I have been dining here once a week. Bothe the food and service is amazing. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceKBCBDined on 9/4/2014Attended as a result of miami spice. Had a great meal and very nice menu selection. Heard a review that someone felt bait and switched when they asked for the spice menu but restaurant was happy we were here. Great romantic evening! Waiter was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to bring a dateAlfredoDined on 9/3/2014Perfect to bring a date. Make sure you sit outside (weather permitting of course). Food is good. Good wine list. Great cocktails as well. Our server was great despite his first day on the job. I totally recommend this place. Thumbs down for the cost of valet parking. You should cover the cost for your guests.Special Features:
- DisappointedMeggDined on 8/28/2014I was really looking forward to AQ, the ambiance is great, beautiful decor, amazing view, good service, the cocktails excellent; but i was very dissapointed with food, nothing special and very poor presentation. For the high price they should put a little more effort in the presentation and quality of the dishes!Special Features:
- miami spice menu..............remus421Dined on 8/23/2014the restaurant experiance and the service was outstanding . the only issue i had was that the miami spice menu that was published wasn't the one offered at the restaurant and it wasn't that they didn't have the menu items because they offerred them as a- la cart menu items . that made me feel like we were bait and switched.But all said . it was a nice experianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice Evening!skier110Dined on 8/22/2014I went for the Miami Spice Dinner with 2 friends. We all had an excellent meal with great service. The Chef came over to greet us which added a nice touch. We would all return. The room is beautiful. We had a very nice evening. RozSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014From the hostess to the servers, every one was friendly and welcoming. We sat outside and enjoyed the view. Once the food arrived, a couple of flies lurked around and became constant pests. Of course the waiter tried to kill them which took away just a little bit from the evening. However, the romantic dinning experience was well worth it. I will definitely go back with friends, not just my husband. Great dinning experience.Special Features:
- First visit...Kartel34Dined on 8/21/2014this was my first visit to AQ by Acqualina. Experience was inexplicable. it was absolutely 5 star experience. very happy. will visit againSpecial Features:
- AQ Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014The hanger steak was ok. The lobster Mac & Cheese was amazing. The crab cakes, duck salad and tomatoe and mozzarella appetizers were also amazing. The wine was great. Overall had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find2truefoodiesDined on 8/13/2014AQ delivers excellant food and great service in an elegant setting. We went to dinner with a group of four. The special appetizer of fresh figs, proscuitto and mikd goat cheese was a perfect start. We each enjoyed three courses and loved it all. The seafood bucatini pasta was especially excellant, grouper was light and delicous and the filet was great. The new executive chef has created a delicous menu. There is an emphasis on using fresh ingredients with a very nice use of herbs and flavors. We also really enjoyed the service and quiet atmosphere. We have a condo nearby and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerNaplesJFKDined on 8/9/2014Great to sit outside if staying at the beautiful resort. Food was very good. Very nice server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014food was not good. don't go during miami spice they serve the cheapest food they can possibly offer. the dessert was disgusting. I wasn't even able to eat it. extremely dissapointed.Special Features:
- Second time was not a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014After a nice experience celebrating my wife's birthday mid-May, our second visit was quite the opposite. Suffice it to say management attentiveness, service and the timing of meals coming out of the kitchen left something to be desired. Difficult to explain how two in our party were served their entree while the other four were served 15 - 20 minutes later. Wine service was no better. Management was apologetic and offered free dessert. Great...but it consisted of a community plate with four smallish desserts while we were a party of six???Special Features:
- tlbclb7Dined on 8/2/2014Friendly service. Food was tasty. Cocktails were overpriced. The policy of adding gratuity to the bill was a bit unusual in that they added it and then taxed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AQ by AcqualinaBPE01VIPDined on 7/13/2014Meal was excellent the Steaks and risotto were top of the line. Great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Outstanding!FattyJJDined on 7/11/2014The food was outstanding! Our server, Justin, was outstanding! I would recommend to anyone, even if your are staying at another resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AQ is a winnerBobWVIPDined on 7/3/2014Visited AQ last Thursday to celebrate a friends's birthday. Wonderful evening - we could talk - the range of appetizers were outstanding. Food was very tasty - variety of options to suit different peoples' tastes - everyone was delighted with their choices. We will return.Special Features:
- DisappointingTBVcriticDined on 7/1/2014The place is beautiful and the menu sounds good but just in paper. The service is not trained to explain the plates and forgets what is for who, Also they were rushing us to leave before dessert. The food does not taste so good.
- As always incredible experienceFLcustomerDined on 6/28/2014Food and ambience are perfectly matched. A very beautiful place for a special occasion or just a relaxing time catching up with a friend. Great menu with a variety of tasty creations, and extensive wine list that could please most of the discerning palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Dewey LoSasso rocks AQOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014No surprise: Chef Dewey LoSasso's arrival at Aqualina has upped the class and fare at this previously ho-hum location. Chef Dewey's inventive and succulent menu is truly worth the drive from any distance.Special Features:
- Chef Dewey is the BestmartyDined on 6/14/2014Great innovative food, need to dim the lights way to bright like a cafeteria would go back and would prefer to eat outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the AQ by Acqualina reviews archive.
- Fantastic outdoor dinnerFabioVIPDined on 5/5/2014Excellent place to have a fabulous dinner outside with Ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review AqualinadanoDined on 4/30/2014BOTH FOOD AND SERVICE WERE TERRIBLY POOR. The entrees we ordered came all wrong, after having waited for 90 minutes, and nobody apologzed for the inconvenience. We had a terribly bad experience dinig al AQ Aqualina. Also unfortunately there was a power failure at the time we were dining at the restaurant, it seems is was a power failure of the whole Sunny Isles area, but nobody came to tell us what was happening. There were no emergency lights, we just waited in the dark until pople form the stuff appeared with candles. Due to this power failure, an alarm kept saying for at least 30 minutes that all the people should leave the building, but nobody came to tell us if we should do so, or what to do. It vas a TERRIBLY BAD EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- ElytaElytaDined on 4/24/2014Can you beat the view at AQ? I think not. It is only surpassed by Chef Dewey's wonderful as always cuisine and culinary inventiveness. There are always surprises on his menus, yet the items manage to complement each other and do not fight for attention. The service was friendly and in no way stuffy. Don't let all of the Rolls and Bentleys parked outside deter you! This is, after all, Miami Beach. Prices were entirely reasonable for the meal we had. Had a cocktail made with gin and lavender--who would have thought?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting and veryHAppyVIPDined on 2/25/2014Beautiful setting and very good service. We wanted a NY Strip and even though it wasn't on the menu they said they could make us one. We were presented with a very small, overly cooked (ask for medium rare) previously frozen steak that looked like it was purchased from the local super market. We thought since we were in an up scale hotel that they would anticipate the same from the guests. Not so apparently.
- Very nice setting and goodPenendenVIPDined on 2/17/2014Very nice setting and good food.Very limited wine list . Unfortunately if you are looking for the special night out in a semi formal setting the restaurant is part of the hotel and there are lots of young kids and very informally dressed patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.