Apple Restaurant & Bombar
17 Waverly Place
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Apple Restaurant & Bombar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://applerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2124738888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am Bar - Open late Red Den- Reservation please call Apple at 212 473 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Pan-Asian, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Chuong Nghiem
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Apple Restaurant provides an eclectic array of pan Asian and vegetarian cuisine for off site catering. If necessary Apple Restaurant can provide linen, silver-wares & staff at an additional fee.
- Entertainment: Private karaoke room. for reservation Please call us at 212 473 8888 or send us an Email email@example.com visit us at www.applerestaurant.com click on Red Den
- Special Events: We cater Private and Semi Private parties for 16 up to 200 guests on site and off site We customize party packages to meet your needs. Weddings, showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Cocktail Parties, Business Lunch or Dinners, Retirement Luncheons, Board Meeting
A word from Apple Restaurant & Bombar
A quiet, beautiful fountain greets guests as they enter, leading to a large, cavernous space filled with Asian-inspired artworks on the walls. Burgundy velvet curtains drape from the high ceiling separating the wooden piano-shaped bar and cozy lounge from the spacious dinning room able to accommodate to 120 guests. Toward the back in a more exclusive room that can seat up to 45 guests, which resembles a recording studio, is the Red Den- an intimate karaoke room that can host private parties for all occasions. Apple restaurant is the ideal destination spot for those in search of a great, relaxed ambiance and delicious, healthy Pan-Asian and vegetarian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Apple Restaurant & Bombar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExcellentMKW2013Dined on 9/27/2014Had a wonderful Girls Night Out. Our waiter was great-funny and attentive!Special Features:
- Great Service- TERRIBLE food!chsfoodieDined on 9/13/2014We should have taken it as a sign when we were the only table in the dining room. While some of our party enjoyed their dishes, the majority of the food was mediocre at best and two of our party became ill after eating SERIOUSLY bad tuna and duck that was a little off. While the staff was very apologetic and accommodating, we will NEVER go back after the poor food experience.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Apple Restaurant & Bombar reviews archive.
- Karaoke private roomNewfoodVIPDined on 4/26/2014Last minute reservation for 8 @ 7:30p on a Saturday was fabulous . Unfortunately, table located close to the private Kareoke room where a bunch of ladies were exercising there vocals.Special Features:
- Starters and dessertscrystalDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was lovely, as was the ambience. The drinks, appetizers and desserts were delicious, especially the vegetarian sushi, spring rolls, quinoa salad. The entrees were generous portions, but on the bland side. Overall, would still go back, but probably not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Diner12345Dined on 1/25/2014Delicious food! Quiet atmosphere with plenty of space. And good service. Definitely was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to place for business lunchesMTMNYCDined on 1/24/2014I work right around the corner (at NYU) and Apple has become my go-to-place for business meals, The food is always great (the steak wrap is my fave) and the prices are great. It can get a bit loud depending on how crowded it isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Like This Apple!CeezDined on 12/19/2013Had a great time w/ a friend right before Christmas. The drinks are tasty and potent, while the food is delicious, w/ lots to choose from. The service was great, as our server, Amanda was friendly and helpful! Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our mealPLL3Dined on 10/18/2013The food was great. The only issue was that some of the dishes had cooled off by the time it reached us. Our waitress was wonderful if a bit overworked, as there was a large group that came at about the same time as we did. A little more staff on a Friday night would do wonders. On the whole, looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinksEaterMcGeeDined on 10/12/2013I went here for a family birthday dinner. The drinks were great, and everyone really enjoyed their meals. The service was a little slow, but I think it was mostly so we could enjoy our meal without feeling rushed. My only comment is that I would have liked a little more variety on the vegetarian menu.Special Features:
- Great Bday KickstartACLTriniDined on 10/5/2013My friends and I enjoyed the service, drinks and food! The place is unpretentious but has a great vibe. A great spot for happy hour, food, friends and good times! My good friend had a great kickstart to her birthday!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprisedfoodie41Dined on 4/20/2013Pleasantly surprised!!!! Picked this restaurant becasue the one I really wanted wasn't available and was certainly delighted by the service. We stayed there at the table way after we had finished our meal but we were not rushed or were made to feel we had to leave so we kept drinking. Service was outstanding and the server was knowledgeable about the items in the menu to make recos as we had questions. I was even more surprised about the check as after all we ate and drank it came way under what we expected great find.Special Features:
- comfy and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/10/2013There are lots of different seating which me and my date LOVED. we managed to grab a cute little booth in the corner of the restaurant. We ordered beer samplers with our meal which was great because we could not decide on what we wanted to drink. The seafood wontons were great, especially those two sauces that they came served on top of (both worked great). i had the pan seared sesame crusted tuna but it was a bit overcooked so i recommend ordering medium. They put a green sauce on top that did not go with the dish at all. so ask for it on the side if you want to try this dish. the coconut curry was amazing, the shrimp was def a good choice to go inside ( thanks to our waiter for the recommendation ). they have a karoke room as well.Special Features:
- Stopped in before a performanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/22/2012Stopped in before a performance at the Skirball Center at NYU. It was very early and quite empty. We had a good experience. The waitress was friendly and the food very good. I would go back the next time I'm in the area.
- You can't go wrong with Apple!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2012This is one of my FAVORITE places to dine in NYC. I have never had a bad experience. The menu offers something for everyone, regardless of dietary preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.). In addition to the amazing food, the service is always top-notch. The staff is friendly, professional and very patient when the rest of your party shows up a bit later than you.Special Features:
- DisappointednotoutallthetimeVIPDined on 12/7/2012Dim lighting and beaten up furniture and look. Sauted Octopus was pretty bad, salad was unspectacular and shrimp overcooked and textureless. We will not be back.
- Chill & Laidback Food & Drinks @NYUGlobalDinerVIPDined on 12/1/2012Surprisingly, most of the reviews were correct...I did enjoy the meal. We had the cucumber crab rolls to start and then the Apple’s Signature Broiled Boneless Vietnamese Duck. For this type of restaurant, (so don't go expecting NOBU,) it was good. It's near NYU campus and it was laid back with a pleasant atmosphere. I would dine here again.Special Features:
- This restaurant is close toBvilleLadyVIPDined on 10/18/2012This restaurant is close to NYU Tisch School of The Arts, where we were seeing a production. The service was very friendly and attentive. The food was inventive in a good way and delicious. Nice atmosphere. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Found on a convenient Pan-AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012Found on a convenient Pan-Asian restaurant for all of us to meet downtown on Open Table. Was a good find. Sat for quite a while and was never rushed. Will certainly return.
- I really love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2012I really love this place! It is definitely at the top of my list of faves here in NYC. Perhaps it is the warm service, the atmosphere, the way the food feeds both my body and soul, the fact that I love the neighborhood, or maybe the good friends I dine with here. Nevertheless, I always have a very enjoyable dining experience at Apple. As a matter of fact, I'm already planning my next visit!Special Features:
- Expected a fancier place,ovishunterDined on 6/8/2012Expected a fancier place, internet photos were deceiving.Photos make it seem pretty upscale ,it was not. Clean but not where you'd dress up to go or take someone for a special meal. Seemed like a good university student place to eat. I was looking for a more sophisticated atmosphere/ menu.
- most excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012As a group of 7, we usually cause a scene wherever we go, but Apple Restaurant & BomBar was prepared for us to bring the crazy. It was very quiet in there when we arrived at 8:30, no one in the bar and very few people in the seating area. We were given plenty of time to figure out what to order and the wait staff gave recommendations. The drinks were strong, the food was AMAZING. (But the desserts were a little odd). We would DEFINITELY come here again as a group!Special Features:
- I always find that Apple hasBobbyVIPDined on 2/14/2012I always find that Apple has consistently good food with great service. It is so easy!Special Features:
- NYU AccessibleChrisBDined on 11/11/2011Pick this restaurant for its proximity to NYU, which we were taking a tour of that day, and based upon the reviews on OpenTable. We hit the whole gamut, appetizers, entrees and dessert. All dishes were good, and the wait staff was attentive, but not constantly at our table (which is nice). The Vietnamese dishes were the highlight, and finishing with the Vietnamese coffee (iced) was the perfect ending. If you are touring/visiting NYU, this is a great location to start/finish your tour as it is only two blocks from the welcome center.
- This place has reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2011This place has reasonably priced food that tastes great. The menu has many options that are veggie friendly. Also, it is good for groups. Not too loud, but spacious.Special Features:
- Met a colleague for lunch,LLum83VIPDined on 10/19/2011Met a colleague for lunch, the lunch box prices and value are both fantastic. Will definitely return and highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very average food, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2011Very average food, nothing special. My snapper was under seasoned. Liked the sofas, some staff are very attentive and courteous to you I guess it's because there weren't many clients that night but still very well appreciated.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2011The surprise I had placed within OpenTable for the special occasion worked. The staff acknowledged the requests and followed up several times to setup the place and the food choices. This is to me, one of the best services tended till date.Special Features:
- This was a terrific find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2011This was a terrific find. The sea bass soup for two was delicious as was the perfectly prepared duck. Give this place a try!Special Features:
- Overall good experience. HaveHal113VIPDined on 7/30/2011Overall good experience. Have been here a couple of times. The signature duck dish is great.Special Features:
- Very good food consistently.DBG25VIPDined on 6/11/2011Very good food consistently. I've been going there for years.Special Features:
- Great for Vegetarians andkatezooVIPDined on 5/26/2011Great for Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike! I was looking for a place that would accommodate both, and with an entire page of apps and entrees this definitely won everyone over. The Chicken Pho was pretty good, but not the best I've had.
- The decor is great, it's aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2011The decor is great, it's a really nice-looking restaurant, and the service was attentive and friendly but... Pretty empty for a Saturday night. My dish was awful, couldn't eat more than one bite. The dishes my friends ordered were mediocre. Definitely not coming back.
- I have been here a few timeHal113VIPDined on 4/30/2011I have been here a few time and it keeps getting better each time. Took my three kid with me the last visit and the staff went out of their way to make them feel comfortable. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very pretty, with lounge,mermaidVIPDined on 4/2/2011Very pretty, with lounge, karaoke room, and tables set at comfortable distances from each other. Excellent service, interesting menu, reasonable prices. Only problem is some seats are benches without backs, you might want to specify when you reserve...Special Features:
- Very good chicken wraps withOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/1/2011Very good chicken wraps with an unusual spiciness. Shoe string fries were served HOT, which makes all the difference - were great. Ambiance is very exotic, Eastern and fun to see after walking around the Village. Would return, if we're in the neighborhood again.Special Features:
- Pork Chops YeslServer NoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2011We were there on Saturday, March 12--our server visited our table as rarely as she could and a nearby table complained about it too. Maybe better training is needed? The bbq pork chops were amazing.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. WeanonymousdinerVIPDined on 3/10/2011The food was excellent. We had their special duck, the crispy whole fish, and the rice crepe and all were outstanding. The service was great, they answered all our questions in a friendly and helpful way. Food allergies were taken seriously and accommodated without a problem. We all loved our experience dining there.Special Features:
- Great Place, staff not so friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2011The service left a little to be desired but over all it was a good time. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Highly recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2011Highly recommend this restaurant as both the service and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a lightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2011My friend and I had a light dinner here on a Friday night and it was delicious! The restaurant itself only had about half of its tables filled. This place is great for a quick meal or snack before hitting the bars. We started off with the tuna and mango spring rolls and the octopus appetizers. Both very yummy. The octopus was a bit on the small side if you're going to share. For dessert we had the green tea ice cream and the bananas flambe. The bananas were a bit of a disappointment; once you get over the spectacle, it's just a few pieces of banana with tapioca balls. Our waiter disappeared about halfway through the night and we got a new server but then he reappeared when collecting the check. Overall though, Apple is great!Special Features: