Apple Farm Restaurant
2015 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Neighborhood:
San Luis Obispo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Apple Farm Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.applefarm.com/
- Phone: 8055446100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Walls
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a family reunion in San Luis Obispo, holding a conference, or hosting a group of your closest friends for a gala evening, Apple Farm has the perfect place for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8669541596
A word from Apple Farm Restaurant
The Apple Farm Restaurant & Bakery has been a favorite spot for decades for locals as well as the traveler on a weekend getaway. Our hearty house made food, fresh pastries, and pies are world famous! If you enjoy the simple pleasures of a farmer's market, you will savor traditional favorites like chicken and dumplings, turkey pot pie, or country fried steak and eggs. Or you can treat yourself to prime rib, steak, fresh seafood, or the delicious specials created by our chef. Followed by our signature dessert, the Hot Apple Dumpling all in the atmosphere of California Country charm. The Apple Farm Restaurant - Fresh for all seasons, harvesting great food and lasting memories.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Apple Farm Restaurant - Best Restaurants in San Luis Obispo ›
Apple Farm Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very nice all aroundBigfootVIPDined on 10/5/2014We stayed at the Apple Farm Zinn and decided to fine at their restaurant and it was exactly what we were looking for. Comfort foods, nice ambiance, friendly service. Wish we had time to eat there for breakfast too but we caught an early train to LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely StopTravelingGalsDined on 9/17/2014Great location just a short jaunt off the freeway. This would be a fabulous place for a group of gals (that was us) to stop at on their way up or down the coast. The gift shop, bakery and country store make for an additional special stop. Food and service were great. You also have the option of eating outside on the porch with beautiful hanging and potted flowers all around. A darling find! Would love to stop another time and stay at the Inn. Looks so charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When trying to impress......FoodsMyLoverDined on 8/13/2014Was taking best friend and his boss to dinner and wanted to take them somewhere where I knew they'd be impressed. Apple Farm didn't disappoint. Our server Kailey, was top notch and knew the menu perfectly. Appetizers were a plate of local cheeses and an heirloom tomato salad. So fresh! For dinner I had the BY Steak, friend had pot roast and his boss had Beef Stroganoff. Everything was flavor perfect. We topped it off with a Mocha chip cheesecake and all I can say was I'll take 2 more to go. Mission accomplished, impressed they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, great atmosphereLissyLou47Dined on 8/8/2014Our family of four made reservations online thankfully because it was busy with walk in's. Our kids are young but the restaurant was accommodating. Food was pretty good for the price. Our waitress was a bit forgetful, but other than that we loved the atmosphere, gift shoppe etc. Cookies left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We ended up walking out due to conflicts with the check in person and the young lady who directed us to table This would have been our third time there each time we used your reservation system but were checked in without clearing reservation the first two times which made it look like we were no shows and also lost points. The young lady who directed us was in a hurry and pushy. The check in person was not helpful actually argumentative when we tried to explain how our reservations never got cleared and that we were loosing points. After finally getting seated were worn out got impression no body cared so we returned menus to hostess who took menus without saying a word. Obviously she did not care. We went on to McClintocks had greatmeal
- Mouth-wateringRetiredDined on 7/30/2014The cornbread is to die for! The chili and cornbread keep me coming back. Great place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at the Apple FarmsherryDined on 7/9/2014I was a little disappointed in the food and that the gift shops were closed. The service was great but the decor and paint looking old. So, if you are going for the whole experience call first to make sure the gift shops are open.Special Features:
- loved the garden, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We went there for lunch. Enjoyed flower and herb container garden. Gift shop is always fun. Average lunch was around $12. I eat out a lot at my lunch break in east bay. I thought it was overpriced for what it is and where it is. Still a cute place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massage LocationEldonBlues1021Dined on 6/29/2014Confusing as to where the Massage center was located. walked around for 10 minutes trying to find the massage center. install more signsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapaJayVIPDined on 6/28/2014Service was good and a table at the window provided good scenic views. Food was very ordinary. Steaks were fairly bland. The salmon was goodSpecial Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the Apple Farm Restaurant reviews archive.
- Delicious home cookingColie1018Dined on 6/15/2014I love it here! The food is great, and I love the 2 story retail store. It has unique items, great as gifts/souvenirs! Everything tastes homemade and fresh. Love that it is farm to table and helps support local businesses. A must when you are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Frequent FriendJungryJoseDined on 6/15/2014We have made many stops here on our way from LA to points North. It has always been a pleasant experience. I look forward to my apple pie "a la mode" fix. the service is friendly and generally efficient. Sometimes the noise and crowd is distracting, but it is a very popular place. We occasionally stay there overnight for a special treat. It is a great place!Special Features:
- Good food but you payNegmaDined on 6/15/2014We have been to the Apple Farm over ten times in the past 6 years as we had two of our children at CAL POLY SLO. The food is aways good but over priced. There are plenty of other places in the vicinity that you can dine for less money. I would recommend going here once for the experience, but if you are on a budget, skip it the next time. When you do decide to go, be sure to make a reservation well in advance. This is a college community and when the college has activities occurring, this place is mobbed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Pretty Good, but Overpriced!McpheeDined on 6/12/2014We had the salad bar, a kid's meal, a cup of soup, 3 iced teas and 2 desserts, and the bill was $64.00! It turns out the salad bar was almost $13.00 each! We aren't cheap, but the meal was definitely overpriced. Perfect, darling server, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country CharmWhatz4DinnerDined on 6/10/2014The Apple Farm restaurant is just as you would expect - country charm and homestyle favorites. I had the housemade corned beef hash; it was tasty but a little dry. The highlight was the airy biscuit with boysenberry preserves, which I promptly bought 4 jars of in the gift shop! My daughter enjoyed her french toast. The staff is pleasant. Wish they offered FLAVORED coffee creamer.Special Features:
- Will come back for moretprice07VIPDined on 6/6/2014We arrived late due to traffic from Los Angeles, but I was able to push back our reservation and they seated us as soon as we arrived. The restaurant was delightfully charming. The wine was as delicious as the food. Our server was so polite and attentive. We didn't get to spend much time visiting SLO, but our Apple Farm experience was definitely a highlight on this trip. I can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Great placeFujiDined on 5/30/2014The restaurant has a very warm feel and friendly services. It has a gift shop, bakery and a hotel on the premises. Great get away weekend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Breakfast MenuSchincatDined on 5/26/2014The food at Apple Farm is farm fresh and prepared by a chef, not a cook. The baked goods are the best.Special Features:
- Good and noisylunchloversDined on 5/24/2014Good food and service, however, very noisy where we were sitting and hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diana from San Rafaeldiana4foodDined on 5/24/2014Our reservation from Open Table was not received by the restaurant even though we received a confirmation from open table. We had to wait 40 minutes for our food - there were several large parties but still not o.k. Orange cranberry scones are amazing! Malt french toast is not recommended nor are the whole grain pancakes. Omelets are outstanding.Special Features:
- 3rd time-not a charmCalPolyMomandDadDined on 5/18/2014This was our 3rd time at the Apple Farm. We were not really pleased with this visit. We waited for almost 45 minutes before our food arrived. Our dtr ordered Eggs Benedict and her eggs were 'hard poached'. We had to ask three times for catsup and ended up grabbing young man who delivered it immediately. And for the price, two pieces of french toast-no eggs, a little much. Were contemplating our 'after Cal Poly graduation' meal at Apple Farm, but really not sure at this point. But to have the restaurant call me while sitting at our table to see if we were still needing our reservations!Special Features:
- Always A Great TimeGreatGetawaysDined on 5/17/2014Celebrated our anniversary by staying at the Apple Farm-always a romantic and relaxed getaway. Dined at the Apple Farm Restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Food is always great, with "farm to table" freshness, outstanding service, and really nice family ambience. We have been spending special occasions and fun weekends here for over twenty years, and never disappointed.Special Features:
- food & funTHNKZABNCHDined on 5/11/2014Taking into consideration it was Mother's Day, the food was good and arrived hot, orders were kept straight and we didn't have to wait too long. We had a great time wandering around after brunch and loved the great selection and quality of the items in the gift areas. I think we all found something cool or quaint to buy or add to our wish lists! Overall, we had a very enjoyable time. Only complaint, and it's nothing new, was the noise level. We really enjoy your restaurant, we always have a good time and we know and expect that it's going to be loud and it doesn't seem to keep us away. Also of note, the online RSVP option was hassle free. It worked out perfectly for us, large party and some arriving from out of town. WE'LL BE BACK!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I look forward to dining here when I'm in town or traveling up the 101. It's these best breakfast! Hands down the pancakes are the best. And worth the spurge in the boysenberry preserves! Sign. The remodel if the lobby is nice. And the gift shop is charming and not cluttered. I love the Apple Farm and look forward to it again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceEmBrownDined on 4/25/2014The food was okay, not great. The servers were pleasant but could not make up for slow service and mediocre food.Special Features:
- CharmingDiningInSLODined on 4/20/2014This was my second visit to the Apple Farm, in San Luis Obispo, but most certainly not my last. The charming ambience is delightful. The room we were seated in had a canopy ceiling to cut down the noise, and it made the room feel very cozy. The service was wonderful, I couldn't asked for better and the food was fantastic. Without a doubt, this is my favorite restaurant for any occasion. My husband and I will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good easter brunchChristineDined on 4/20/2014I ordered an omelet without cheese and there was cheese. It was so busy that I ate it anyway because I did not want to wait again. I told the waitress but she did not do anything about it. a bit disappointed!!!Special Features:
- SubparScooterDined on 4/20/2014It was an Easter morning breakfast. Our reservation was at 9:30. They sat us right away. The 'brunch' table was not ready. So we were unable to see what was offered. Being that it was $20.00 plus, it would of been nice to see. Our waitress had no idea what was on it. I ordered an omelette which was good but, the potatoes were cold. The restaurant was not busy but, we had to stop staff members and ask for water, oj and coffee on several occasion. We travel to Slo often. I would not go back to this restaurant or recommend it. It was very dissappointing on a glorious day.
- Quaint Little Apple Farm RestaurantKathyGDined on 4/20/2014We loved our Easter Breakfast at Apple Farm before heading out of town!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchLiliSFDined on 3/23/2014My daughter and I enjoyed mouth-watering scones (raisin-pecan and cranberry-orange) and delicious variations on eggs benedict. It's a charming place, with bakery attached (easy to take home some extra goodies). Our server told us it was her first day on the job, but she clearly was experienced--attentive and very pleasant. The kitchen did mix up our poached eggs (my daughter wanted hers cooked through), but it was easy enough to swap them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and BreakfastPJudDined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner and nice breakfast during our stay. The food was very good, the service excellent. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Am I in Alabama?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was very different than it appears online. It was a Marie Calendars or Cracker Barrel - heavy foods, full of gravy, from frozen - not what I expected in wine country. Their description says "Farm to Table" - not at all true. The wait staff are all teens and you get the kind if service you'd expect when that is the staff - tables that ordered long after us were served first, never brought bread, water glasses went empty for long periods, our waiter would dissapear to talk to friends, requests for condiments were in fulfilled. Disappointing experience :(
- Apple Farm lunch was exceptionalCAhalfwayDined on 3/8/2014The Apple Farm located in SLO, California's central coast, is a gem. Our family had reservations for 12:15 on a Saturday, and we were comfortably seated by 12:20. We had the option of either the breakfast or lunch menus or Saturday brunch. We all ordered lunch. Everyone thoroughly loved their meal. Our server, with strong customer service skills, was exceptional. She intuitively provided friendly, efficient service. After the meal she was more than happy to take a couple pictures of our group. We will definitely be meeting there again, we all enjoyed the experience so much. Next time I plan to try something from their breakfast menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful ExperiencedinnerloveVIPDined on 3/7/2014My husband and I were trying to find a nice place to dine while visiting San Luis Obispo and we found it. Service was great. The food was phenomenal. We can't wait to visit this place again. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and worth a visitBob77VIPDined on 3/1/2014We stayed at the Apple Farm Inn and had breakfast and dinner. Charming spot with a warm country feel. Servers are friendly and try to please. Breakfast was great with a clever and interesting menu. Definitely worth a try. Dinner was unfortunately not so great. The choices were mostly "comfort food" and good for a family but if you are looking for a dining experience you should look elsewhere and come back in the morning.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceYolandeDined on 2/22/2014Apple Farm has farm to table ingredients and it shows...the food was just excellent. The service was fast and friendly. We sat on the patio deck and the view of the gardens and surrounding hillside was peaceful and beautiful. Will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Food was excellent. Waiter was quite slow and not as attentive as he should have been, seemed a little irritated when we had questions and did not check back other than right at the beginning of the meal. The restaurant was not busy at all and he only had two other tables. Very slow getting the bill out to us. Other than that, the meal was excellent, wonderful chef.Special Features:
- SLO SpecalmortreportDined on 2/10/2014Great food, fantastic view, excellent service. what more could you ask for? Took my 82 year old mother and 17 year old son and they both had an awesome experience! Gonna make it a regular stop when in SLO.Special Features:
- Excellent!SharonDined on 2/8/2014A friend recommended the Apple Farm Restaurant since I was visiting San Luis Obispo for the weekend and it was wonderful! Really excellent food, the menu items were a little different than your usual dishes, but just enough that it was easy to pick something I knew I would enjoy and I did very much so. The service was excellent and the ambiance was very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- I was disappointed that theJEBTDined on 1/31/2014I was disappointed that the menu had been changed. I wanted my old favorites and they were gone. The meatloaf I had was tasty.Special Features: