199 Soundbeach Avenue
Old Greenwich, CT 06870Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriaapplausi.com/index.html
- Phone: 2036374447
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Beppe Cornacchia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upon request Applausi can accommodate up to 75 people for a private party/event.
- Private Party Contact: Beppe 2036374447
A word from Applausi
Osteria Applausi (Applause in Italian) is one of three Italian restaurants owned and operated by the Marchetti family in Fairfield county. Osteria Applausi opened in Greenwich in 1994. Each customer is treated like family. Our food is authentic Italian food requiring only the finest and freshest ingredients, every cut of meat and fish is hand-selected and Maria makes handmade pasta daily. If you want to experience a true taste of Italy and be treated like one of the family, come to Osteria Applausi. Beppe Cornacchia, co-owner and manager of Osteria Applausi, has been a vital part of the restaurant since 2002. Prior to managing Applausi, Beppe lived in Tuscany since 1985 and worked in many successful Italian restaurants. He brought his vision of "La Cucina Italiana" to Fairfield County. Beppe also orchestrated the beautiful renovation of Applausi in 2010 to making it more metropolitan and giving it a sleek New York City feel in Old Greenwich.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Applausi - Best Restaurants in Old Greenwich ›
Applausi reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Never Fails to PleaseFloeyVIPDined on 5/25/2013Very well prepared dishes, fresh seasonal specials. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never go on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Would never go on a Saturday night because the noise level is unbearable; they need to cushion the sound. I love it during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Applausi is very good. IthirschcoolpapaVIPDined on 3/29/2013Applausi is very good. It is located in Old Greenwich which is a away from the hub-bub of Greenwich and Stamford. This is a sister restaraunt to Columbus Park is Stamford, which is one of our favorites. Everything about Applausi say quality. We were a party of six and no one ordered an identical appetizer or entree, and it was thumbs up all around. the wine list is extensive and fairly priced. The service is totally professional. the ambiance is warm and you never felt rushed.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013We had a wonderful time at Applausi. The food was fantastic; the service was excellent; a great time was had by all.
- Absolutely a great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2013We had dinner this past Friday with a group of 8 and it was terrific. Everyone loved it - from the fresh bread and focaccia to the entres. I had the grilled shrimp a beans appetizer and the salmon entreSpecial Features:
- Always reliable and specialsmichaelkosanDined on 2/18/2013Always reliable and specials are always great. You get what you pay for in quality and careful preparation.Special Features:
- Consistantly delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/12/2013Consistantly delicious and wonderful service. Very good menu choices.Special Features:
- Always consistent.and excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/24/2013Always consistent.and excellent! The service is personal and outstanding,,Special Features:
- We've always had great mealsDennisVIPDined on 1/6/2013We've always had great meals at Applausi. It's probably the best Italian restaurant in Greenwich.Special Features:
- A long time favorite.AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/3/2013A long time favorite.Always consistent- wonderful. A New York feel with family owned warmth!