47 West 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.appetitoristorante.com/
- Phone: 2123915286x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm: Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Dutan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Appetito Ristorante can accommodate private parties of 15 - 130 guests for business events, pre-theater parties, meetings, or any other special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Celic 8553821552
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 42nd Street-Bryant Park and 7 train to 5th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public lots are available near the restaurant. Free street parking is available from Monday - Friday from 7pm - 10pm and Saturday - Sunday from 7am - 10pm.
A word from Appetito Ristorante
Nestled between the Theater District and Times Square, Appetito Ristorante has been serving refined Italian cuisine for 23 years. Appetito's comfortable ambiance and private skylight room make it a favorite. From exquisite ambiance to traditional Italian cuisine, Appetito Ristorante is a must for those who demand excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Appetito Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)good for groups (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014The place was fine. I was a little disappointed upon entering the restaurant. It wasn't super full and plenty of tables. They offered us one next to the service cart then another by the bathroom/kitchen. It was not until we ask that they gave us a better table away from the kitchen and service area. I was there once. I wouldn't return again.
- Excellent foodFernusjayneDined on 8/18/2014We went here to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary during a four night trip to New York from the UK. Whilst the staff were not 'friendly', they were efficient and helpful. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian waiter and perfect pastaFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014I was happy to learn that our waiter was a real Italian. The pasta was al dente, in other words, perfetto! I would recommend this restaurant for a quiet after-work dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodJunkieDined on 8/15/2014Could not have been more satisfied. I ordered the pollo bolognese and my girlfriend ordered the pollo scarpiello. Both dishes were outstanding. The vibe of the restaurant was very nice. Waiters were on their A game, very attentitive. It was close enough to the theater district and Times Square but was far enough where we weren't stuck in the congestion of the tourists. Would absutely go there again. The dishes we ordered did not come with pasta or salad so make sure you order separately!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dinner at Appetito RestorantekrmooreDined on 8/8/2014We had dinner there on Friday August 8th with a party of three, the food was just great and we had a pleasant dinner, we would go again. We had a reservation for 6pm and they did seat us early.Special Features:
- awesome foodsweetwinesDined on 8/2/2014The food was awesome.. no wait amazing. The waiters we very attentive which I have never experienced that before. The attention to detail and presenation of the food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeMoneymanDined on 7/29/2014Anytime you pick a restaurant based on internet reviews you worry that the restaurant won't meet your expectations. this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Very good service and very good food with a nice diverse menu. I had a business lunch here and it was a perfect location and judging by the crowd others thought the same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014For that price you would require a lot more. The interior is cosy and clean and the staff is helpfull, but the feeling was not that warm. I would recommend the restaurant to those wanting something different from the normal american fast food but unfortunately the food wasn't that special experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoryDined on 7/12/2014perfect for before broadway show dining. Friendly, clean and delicious food/Special Features:
- Quiet DiningnephwopDined on 7/12/2014We were the only people in there at 6 pm on a Saturday. That being said, the service was excellent (thank goodness) and the food was very good. I misordered my appetizer (thought I ordered something else) but ended up with a smoked trout over arugula. I dont like trout, but I must say, it was very smoky and flavorful. Each of us had a pasta dish, my daughter thought her gnocchi was light, I found it a little too soft, but the pesto was excellent. They were able to accomodate my sons request for fettucini alfredo off the menu and my amatraciana was decent. Always nervous about such quiet dining, but appetito is a decent find on 39th Street
- Good food at a great price!!!dine4lessDined on 7/7/2014The selection is great and servings just right leaving plenty of room for desert!!!Special Features:
- Another wonderful visitWilly50Dined on 6/26/2014I, along with three other friends, had a wonderful time at Appetito Ristorante. I have had dinner at this restaurant at least six times and have never been disappointed. I am, however, disappointed that my Open Table account was not credited 1,000 points, only 100 points. I confirmed with the restaurant manager that my reservation was eligible for 1,000 points, and he agreed and suggested that I address this with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014Appetito had good service, and good food, but was nothing memorable. The menu does not have any unique items to make it stand out from any other place. The ambiance was fine, but again, nothing that had character or charm. Good staff and the food was fine. With all of the other options available in this city, I don't think I'd be back.
- Marvelous in Midtown!1njgalVIPDined on 6/12/2014We were in the area for a function….decided to have dinner in the neighborhood. Open Table came in handy once again! Checked for restaurants nearby and Appetito came up. We loved the ambiance…cozy with exposed brick walls and nice artwork…comfortable tables well spaced…great service. We all ordered pasta dishes…I have linguini with salmon…the sauce was excellent. My friends both ordered pasta with asparagus in olive oil…a bit heavy on the oil. We all enjoyed our last minute dinner. I would return to this lovely restaurant when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGaryVIPDined on 6/12/2014Dining alone before a show and they made me feel welcomed and appreciated, even though they were busy and had a couple of large tables. Nice wines, and a delicious pasta w/ asparagus and mushrooms entree that I ordered based on the waiters recommendation when I said I wanted pasta and veggies. Service was impeccable, and friendly. I left the restaurant with plenty of time to spare before an 8pm show. Great night. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but...HarlemJimVIPDined on 5/19/2014... quite expensive. This is always a reliable Italian restaurant but $160 for two with just a glass of wine each was not terribly reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Appetito Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good food & serviceJohnBDined on 5/15/2014Good place to have dinner BEFORE a show. Good food and service and an easy walk to the theater district.Special Features:
- EricEbb55555VIPDined on 5/14/2014Food was good , ambiance quiet for NYC , listed as a 100 point restaurant only received 100 pts.. bait and switch in my opinion. I will not return unless Open Table and resteraunt make good on points I am owed
- Great food and excellent serviceknowneaterDined on 5/9/2014We had 7:00 pm reservations on a Friday night, we were running 15 minutes late so called and no problems adjusting. We were promptly seated on arrival. The food was excellent and the waiter offered to make us any dish even if not on the menu, which we took advantage of. Overall a great experience, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Had the banana split martini. Was delicious. Food was splendid also. Had a fish special which was cooked to perfection. Saturday night was packed so I recommend reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing..RestaurantaddictDined on 5/3/2014We were expecting more for price and by more I mean better quality. My pasta was just ok and my boyfriends chicken was so chewy he couldn't enjoy it..The restaurant itself and staff were nice but the food was seriously lacking.
- Cant wait to return!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014Food and service OUTSTANDING. The burrata appetizer was to die for.. the waiter recommended a very good bottle of wine to compliment the entrees also. Classic italian that everyone and anyone can appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for quality of foodNewyorker16VIPDined on 4/25/2014Old Italian feel, needs updating. Mature waiters were nice. I work in the neighborhood and my daughter wanted Italian been once before but will not go again overpriced for the type of food. Ordered Gnoochi w/pesto, gnoochi were very small and pesto was a little oily. Daughter had the Rigatoni w/tomato, onion and bacon, Rigatoni cooked perfect Al Dente and flavors were nice. Liked this dish better. I didn't see locals mostly tourists. Ordered Cabernet it tasted flat and very light. Asked waiter to return he was nice about it exchanged for Merlot not any better when I got the bill wine was $10, I don't mind paying $10 for a great wine but this was not even close to good. I should have just returned it.
- A nice surpriseJRinOCDined on 4/19/2014We dined early to make a play, their location is close to Bryant Park but a quick walk to lower Broadway theaters. The Burrata and prosciutto was very light and tasty. We also had the chicken in champagne sauce, which was tender and very tasty. Service was fast and attentive....we were somewhat surprised that the restaurant wasn't more crowded, but we dined at 6:15. Overall a wonderful meal and we made our show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againconnoisseurDined on 4/18/2014The worse carpaccio I ever have in my life. Main courses were not any different from any other places. Service was excellent but food was not really good. Will not visit again. Very short wine list
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014Great experience at Appetito. Loved the exposed brick and high ceilings, food was great also. I had the fish special and enjoyed every bite! Our server was very friendly and knowledgable.. can't wait to come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChickieODined on 4/11/2014My husband and I had an unexpected Friday night in the city and booked a table here very last minute. Place was quite for a Friday night but probably b/c it was early (6:30) and it's not a bar scene type of restaurant. The food was authentic Italian, fresh and delicious! Very relaxed atmosphere…just what the Dr. ordered after a long work week. Our waiter Vito was EXCELLENT! So friendly, very knowledgeable and made great recommendations for wine and food. We're so glad we tried it. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Terrific Evening!Willy50Dined on 4/4/2014This is the fourth time I have eaten at Appetito and will be coming back later in the month with a few other friends. Nothing about this evening was disappointing. The entire evening was wonderful. We were not rushed and we could communicate without competing with noise from the other tables or the bar. I arrived a little earlier than my guest and was chatting with Vitto. He provided me with a wine list and was very helpful in selecting one for us. We loved it! I was curious about the room upstairs for private parties and Vitto was gracious enough to take the time to show me. I will be telling my friends about this as we all get involved with some event planning from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home sweet homeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/21/2014This is my go to place for client's and first dates. They take great care of me, and always feel at home. What's more, I've been to Arno's restaurant a number of times and Appetito is far better on quality, price and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to a Billy Joel concert....ChapelHillDined on 3/21/2014From upstate, found this restaurant close to our hotel and MSG. Everything was just about perfect. Our server happily obliged in creating a vegetarian option out of the dinner special, recommended a great wine, paced the service very well, and was all around both engaging and professional. The restaurant itself is charming. It wasn't crowded when we got there (for an an early dinner) but certainly filled up within an hour; definitely a place to make a reservation. We would definitely return, and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014Great food and service. Specials were delicious and large in portion. Came with a group of 15 and all of us were MORE then satisfied with the whole experience, and would deff recommend to anyone looking for authentic italian in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialnovarnDined on 3/15/2014Rude waiter. Food okay but not mouthwatering. Noisy. Overall quite disappointing considering other reviewers said it was so good.
- Very good food and pleasant servicerrswDined on 3/15/2014Our dining group each reported a very nice meal. Well prepared and tasty. Nice atmosphere and very good service. Definitely would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice family restaurant.DianebDined on 3/7/2014owner greeted us and was very personable and friendly. tortelini was delicious. salmon perfectly cooked. attentive service. quiet atmosphere so conversation was easy. small private party took place in the upper part of restaurant which didnt bother us at all. i would recoomend and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchLlt13Dined on 3/6/2014Three of us enjoyed a delicious lunch while working and the service was discreet and easy. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Room to move!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014As a non-native New Yorker, one of the hardest things I have had to adjust to when dining out in Manhattan is how close the tables are to each other in most restaurants. Appetito is an exception. In addition to good food, and a convenient location, it was a pleasure not to be sitting in the laps of the people at the next table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and i have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014My family and i have been coming for years, always a pleasure at Appetito. Very polite staff and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice & Affordable FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014I was looking for a solid Italian restaurant in a reasonable price range, close enough to the theater district without being in it. Appetito was a good find. Not only did they accommodate us by rushing our orders because we were late and had a show starting within an hour and a half, but the dinner was delicious. My friend and I left not one morsel on our plates and the bill for two people, even with alcohol was less than $100.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badsoccerref07Dined on 1/24/2014Went there looking for authentic Italian cuisine, and got that, just nothing spectacular. Fried mozzarella was good, carpaccio ok, and the chicken/shrimp we had we ok, nothing great. Bland food, very little taste. Like I said, was ok, wouldn't go back again, plenty of better Italian restaurants in NYC.
- Great Food !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2014The appitizers were fantastic !!! OVer the top flavor - took party of 8 there for work and it was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.