47 West 39th Street
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.appetitoristorante.com/
- Phone: (212) 391-5286
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm: Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luis Dutan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Appetito Ristorante can accommodate private parties of 15 - 130 guests for business events, pre-theater parties, meetings, or any other special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Celic 8553821552
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 42nd Street-Bryant Park and 7 train to 5th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public lots are available near the restaurant. Free street parking is available from Monday - Friday from 7pm - 10pm and Saturday - Sunday from 7am - 10pm.
A word from Appetito Ristorante
Nestled between the Theater District and Times Square, Appetito Ristorante has been serving refined Italian cuisine for 23 years. Appetito's comfortable ambiance and private skylight room make it a favorite. From exquisite ambiance to traditional Italian cuisine, Appetito Ristorante is a must for those who demand excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Appetito Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (9)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always a Treat!andrewDined on 11/25/2014When we are in the city we look forward to dining at Appetito. The staff is friendly, attentive and very professional. The food is very good and very consistent! They make us feel like family! A & JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchCK13Dined on 11/17/2014Great place for a business lunch outside of the commercialization of Times Square. Service and food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good traditional italian spotluigiVIPDined on 11/8/2014excellent service from Vitti (i think)- enjoyed everything i had and made the theatre in plenty of timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 11/8/2014Food was excellent. Not the most friendly wait staff but everything was served in a timely fashion. A bit expensive but that could be the city effect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodLouisaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Found Appetito on Open Table and walked there from our hotel. Wonderful Italian food! We enjoyed pasta and the lemon chicken and both were very good. Wine list was more than adequate for our taste. Restaurant filled up quickly on a Wednesday evening, but the service never lagged. Friendly, neighborhood spot, yet close enough to Times Square and the Empire State Building, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average but not memorablebeezerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Waiter(s) were really nice and the food was above average but not that memorable. We were going to a show and needed quick service and got it.Special Features:
- WonderfulMartiVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is my 3rd time back for dinner before going to a Broadway play, just a short 10 minute walk away. The delicious food, wine and impeccable service never fails! This restaurant always provides a wonderful relaxing dinner... perfect for any occasion! I will definately return again!Special Features:
- Another Enjoyable DinnerTaxprofsDined on 10/2/2014We visited this restaurant for the 2nd time last week on our way to a concert at Madison Square Garden. As expected, the food was very good, the service was very professional and the pace of the dinner was relaxing. All in all, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DennisVIPDined on 9/22/2014Always an enjoyable meal. Food ad service ae excellent. Noise level is good for conversation, business lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerTaxprofsDined on 9/20/2014On the way to the theatre last Saturday night, we dined at this restaurant which we had not been to previously. We were very pleasantly surprised with the selection of dishes, quality of food and superb service that we were presented with. We were surprised at how empty the restaurant was on a Saturday night but we benefited from the increased attention. We will definitely visit the restaurant again the next time we go to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunchYummyGummyDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is a great place for lunch, service was quick and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabetteDined on 9/6/2014Pre-theatre dinner with out-of-town friends. Pleased that noise level in room with several groups was low. Special attention from M'aitre D who arranged exceptions to the specials. Standard menu appealing with traditional Italian dishes and specials (eg Swordfish) prepared just right. Wine list varied with fair price levels. Service was prompt and experience was very satisfying and enjoyable. As the restaurant is a little removed from Times Square theatre district, it offers a less hectic dining experience to enjoy both good food and good friends to start the evening. Walk to 43rd Street theatre, about 8-10 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014The place was fine. I was a little disappointed upon entering the restaurant. It wasn't super full and plenty of tables. They offered us one next to the service cart then another by the bathroom/kitchen. It was not until we ask that they gave us a better table away from the kitchen and service area. I was there once. I wouldn't return again.
- Excellent foodFernusjayneDined on 8/18/2014We went here to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary during a four night trip to New York from the UK. Whilst the staff were not 'friendly', they were efficient and helpful. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian waiter and perfect pastaFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014I was happy to learn that our waiter was a real Italian. The pasta was al dente, in other words, perfetto! I would recommend this restaurant for a quiet after-work dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodJunkieDined on 8/15/2014Could not have been more satisfied. I ordered the pollo bolognese and my girlfriend ordered the pollo scarpiello. Both dishes were outstanding. The vibe of the restaurant was very nice. Waiters were on their A game, very attentitive. It was close enough to the theater district and Times Square but was far enough where we weren't stuck in the congestion of the tourists. Would absutely go there again. The dishes we ordered did not come with pasta or salad so make sure you order separately!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dinner at Appetito RestorantekrmooreDined on 8/8/2014We had dinner there on Friday August 8th with a party of three, the food was just great and we had a pleasant dinner, we would go again. We had a reservation for 6pm and they did seat us early.Special Features:
- awesome foodsweetwinesDined on 8/2/2014The food was awesome.. no wait amazing. The waiters we very attentive which I have never experienced that before. The attention to detail and presenation of the food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 245 reviews are from the Appetito Ristorante reviews archive.
- First TimeMoneymanDined on 7/29/2014Anytime you pick a restaurant based on internet reviews you worry that the restaurant won't meet your expectations. this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Very good service and very good food with a nice diverse menu. I had a business lunch here and it was a perfect location and judging by the crowd others thought the same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014For that price you would require a lot more. The interior is cosy and clean and the staff is helpfull, but the feeling was not that warm. I would recommend the restaurant to those wanting something different from the normal american fast food but unfortunately the food wasn't that special experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoryDined on 7/12/2014perfect for before broadway show dining. Friendly, clean and delicious food/Special Features:
- Quiet DiningnephwopDined on 7/12/2014We were the only people in there at 6 pm on a Saturday. That being said, the service was excellent (thank goodness) and the food was very good. I misordered my appetizer (thought I ordered something else) but ended up with a smoked trout over arugula. I dont like trout, but I must say, it was very smoky and flavorful. Each of us had a pasta dish, my daughter thought her gnocchi was light, I found it a little too soft, but the pesto was excellent. They were able to accomodate my sons request for fettucini alfredo off the menu and my amatraciana was decent. Always nervous about such quiet dining, but appetito is a decent find on 39th Street
- Good food at a great price!!!dine4lessDined on 7/7/2014The selection is great and servings just right leaving plenty of room for desert!!!Special Features:
- Another wonderful visitWilly50VIPDined on 6/26/2014I, along with three other friends, had a wonderful time at Appetito Ristorante. I have had dinner at this restaurant at least six times and have never been disappointed. I am, however, disappointed that my Open Table account was not credited 1,000 points, only 100 points. I confirmed with the restaurant manager that my reservation was eligible for 1,000 points, and he agreed and suggested that I address this with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014Appetito had good service, and good food, but was nothing memorable. The menu does not have any unique items to make it stand out from any other place. The ambiance was fine, but again, nothing that had character or charm. Good staff and the food was fine. With all of the other options available in this city, I don't think I'd be back.
- Marvelous in Midtown!1njgalVIPDined on 6/12/2014We were in the area for a function….decided to have dinner in the neighborhood. Open Table came in handy once again! Checked for restaurants nearby and Appetito came up. We loved the ambiance…cozy with exposed brick walls and nice artwork…comfortable tables well spaced…great service. We all ordered pasta dishes…I have linguini with salmon…the sauce was excellent. My friends both ordered pasta with asparagus in olive oil…a bit heavy on the oil. We all enjoyed our last minute dinner. I would return to this lovely restaurant when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGaryVIPDined on 6/12/2014Dining alone before a show and they made me feel welcomed and appreciated, even though they were busy and had a couple of large tables. Nice wines, and a delicious pasta w/ asparagus and mushrooms entree that I ordered based on the waiters recommendation when I said I wanted pasta and veggies. Service was impeccable, and friendly. I left the restaurant with plenty of time to spare before an 8pm show. Great night. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but...HarlemJimVIPDined on 5/19/2014... quite expensive. This is always a reliable Italian restaurant but $160 for two with just a glass of wine each was not terribly reasonable.Special Features:
- Good food & serviceJohnBDined on 5/15/2014Good place to have dinner BEFORE a show. Good food and service and an easy walk to the theater district.Special Features:
- EricEbb55555VIPDined on 5/14/2014Food was good , ambiance quiet for NYC , listed as a 100 point restaurant only received 100 pts.. bait and switch in my opinion. I will not return unless Open Table and resteraunt make good on points I am owed
- Great food and excellent serviceknowneaterDined on 5/9/2014We had 7:00 pm reservations on a Friday night, we were running 15 minutes late so called and no problems adjusting. We were promptly seated on arrival. The food was excellent and the waiter offered to make us any dish even if not on the menu, which we took advantage of. Overall a great experience, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Had the banana split martini. Was delicious. Food was splendid also. Had a fish special which was cooked to perfection. Saturday night was packed so I recommend reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing..RestaurantaddictDined on 5/3/2014We were expecting more for price and by more I mean better quality. My pasta was just ok and my boyfriends chicken was so chewy he couldn't enjoy it..The restaurant itself and staff were nice but the food was seriously lacking.
- Cant wait to return!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014Food and service OUTSTANDING. The burrata appetizer was to die for.. the waiter recommended a very good bottle of wine to compliment the entrees also. Classic italian that everyone and anyone can appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for quality of foodNewyorker16VIPDined on 4/25/2014Old Italian feel, needs updating. Mature waiters were nice. I work in the neighborhood and my daughter wanted Italian been once before but will not go again overpriced for the type of food. Ordered Gnoochi w/pesto, gnoochi were very small and pesto was a little oily. Daughter had the Rigatoni w/tomato, onion and bacon, Rigatoni cooked perfect Al Dente and flavors were nice. Liked this dish better. I didn't see locals mostly tourists. Ordered Cabernet it tasted flat and very light. Asked waiter to return he was nice about it exchanged for Merlot not any better when I got the bill wine was $10, I don't mind paying $10 for a great wine but this was not even close to good. I should have just returned it.
- A nice surpriseJRinOCVIPDined on 4/19/2014We dined early to make a play, their location is close to Bryant Park but a quick walk to lower Broadway theaters. The Burrata and prosciutto was very light and tasty. We also had the chicken in champagne sauce, which was tender and very tasty. Service was fast and attentive....we were somewhat surprised that the restaurant wasn't more crowded, but we dined at 6:15. Overall a wonderful meal and we made our show on time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againconnoisseurDined on 4/18/2014The worse carpaccio I ever have in my life. Main courses were not any different from any other places. Service was excellent but food was not really good. Will not visit again. Very short wine list
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014Great experience at Appetito. Loved the exposed brick and high ceilings, food was great also. I had the fish special and enjoyed every bite! Our server was very friendly and knowledgable.. can't wait to come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChickieODined on 4/11/2014My husband and I had an unexpected Friday night in the city and booked a table here very last minute. Place was quite for a Friday night but probably b/c it was early (6:30) and it's not a bar scene type of restaurant. The food was authentic Italian, fresh and delicious! Very relaxed atmosphere…just what the Dr. ordered after a long work week. Our waiter Vito was EXCELLENT! So friendly, very knowledgeable and made great recommendations for wine and food. We're so glad we tried it. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Terrific Evening!Willy50VIPDined on 4/4/2014This is the fourth time I have eaten at Appetito and will be coming back later in the month with a few other friends. Nothing about this evening was disappointing. The entire evening was wonderful. We were not rushed and we could communicate without competing with noise from the other tables or the bar. I arrived a little earlier than my guest and was chatting with Vitto. He provided me with a wine list and was very helpful in selecting one for us. We loved it! I was curious about the room upstairs for private parties and Vitto was gracious enough to take the time to show me. I will be telling my friends about this as we all get involved with some event planning from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.