Montreal, QC H3A2A4Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.apolloglobe.com/
- Phone: 5142740153
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM - 10:00; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Apollo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Apollo Restaurant
Dear our customers! It is in downtown Montréal, in the old Christ Church presbytery, that the Apollo group fit out a new restaurant complex to offer you an all week long experience. Different kinds of ambiances will be offered to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Apollo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Just OkFood5CriticVIPDined on 7/28/2014This restaurant is located in a great location downtown. It is in a beautiful building and the ambiance is lovely. The service is also very good. However, the food was lacking. First, the bread was stale, so it was actually hard to eat. Second, the beef tenderloin was not a true tenderloin cut and was somewhat lukewarm. The vegetables were good, but again just lukewarm. The lobster bisque was a cold dish, but the server should have alerted us to this as it was a cold rainy night and I craved warm soup. It was just ok. It tasted slightly like a canned tomato soup. I think this restaurant needs to up their game a bit in order to stay competitive in Montreal. Too many good restaurants here.
- JenJennDined on 7/2/2014Thank you again Apollo Globe. As always, we enjoyed unbelievable food and service. Make your next special occasion unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectPerfectDined on 6/25/2014We to ok à Group of new employés FOOD, service, ambiance where just perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful last night in MontrealFancyNancyVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had spent a whole week in Montreal and wanted to stay close by our hotel for our last evening. Got on Open Table and found Apollo. We were eating late all week so we made a 9:00 reservation. When we arrived the restaurant was empty apparently due to a sports event. They accepted us with open arms and made our last evening in Montreal very memorable. They seated us by the window witch overlooked St. Catherine's church. We shared a Prime Rib dinner that was 32 ounces and cook perfectly, salad, a wonderful Bordeaux and an amazing Blueberry cheese cake dessert! They would not allow us to feel bad about being the only people there, we felt bad we were keeping them so late! Totally loved this place and will return when we get back to Montreal!Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Apollo Restaurant reviews archive.
- LouisDined on 4/30/2014It too long to bring the bill Over 20 min. At lunch time its frustratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Nightfoodie2014Dined on 2/15/2014I went to Apollo the day after Valentine's day. From the moment we stepped in Apollo's warm ambiance, we were well received. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our server explained our choices, as they had a special Valentine's Day menu. The food was excellent and the wine list was exquisite. The maitre d was funny and informative. Dessert took a little while to come out. However, it was well worth the wait. It was a perfect Valentine's for me and my sweetheart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the price of specials!SeekUp78Dined on 1/25/2014The food was really good. We tried a special that was really good, but forgot to ask the waiter about the price, only to find that the "special" was 50$ instead or the 20-25$ of the other regular main dishes. It was worth the price but it's a bit of a weird surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Populaire!benoitl33VIPDined on 11/28/2013Wow, quand même, un beau travail de rénovation de cette maison du tournant du XXè siècle en plein centre-ville. Beaucoup de monde au lunch, la nourriture était très bien sans trop sortir des sentiers battus, juste un peu originale. Prix corrects. Quand même pas en tête de liste pour essayer en soirée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon mais cher pour ce que c'estAndydouDined on 11/23/2013C'était un samedi et il y avait un groupe dans la salle en haut. Néanmoins, au prix demandé on s attend a un service exemplaire. L attente était interminable pour des plats frais et de bonne qualité mais qui n offre pas ce petit je ne sais quoi qui surprend. De textures et des saveurs prévisibles ... Pas notre premier choix a Mtl.Special Features:
- Excellent and noisyGillesDined on 11/21/2013Very interesting and delicious food. Very noisy. Glass of wine should be called 1/2 glass of wine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DécevantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013Les attentes étaient élevées, mais la nourriture était tout simplement décevante et sans goût... Beaucoup trop d'accent sur le décor et on oublie l'important... la nourriture...Special Features:
- Du vrai bon Apollo!FredamirizianDined on 11/2/2013Excessivement satisfait de ma visite chez Apollo. Service excellent et la nourriture est hors pair... Vraiment un endroit à découvrir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreadRockDined on 11/2/2013The bread and butter should be automaticly on the table at the beginingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodgohabsgoDined on 10/18/2013We were seated in the bar section. The service was amazing! The foie gras entrée was disappointing. I have eaten better foie gras in Montreal. I felt as if it was the cheap foie gras that you buy in a grocery store in Europe. Cheap foie gras is delicious in Europe! But, for a restaurant, I expected something better. The salmon gravlax was amazing! For the main course, we split the mac and cheese and the spanish club sandwich. The sandwich was delicious! The mac and cheese too. But, the fried mac and cheese weren't great. It was as if I was eating fried pasta that lacked taste. If there was a bit more cheese in them, it would have been way better just like what they do at OMG burger. I've had better meals at this restaurant before.Special Features:
- Une expérience digne des grandsSimplyMarcDined on 10/8/2013Bien localisé, service impéccable et bien attentionné, un menu exceptionnel que dire de plus pour décrire une expérience digne des grands chefsSpecial Features:
- On a enfin essayé Apollo...AudreyVIPDined on 10/1/2013Et c'était un peu ordinaire. Le restaurant est très beau mais le service était assez moyen merci. En arrivant, je donne mon nom pour la réservation et le serveur m'abandonne dans l'entrée en allant chercher quelqu'un car il pensait que j'avais rendez-vous (?!). On ne me propose pas la terrasse, alors je demande si je peux y aller. La nourriture était bonne, très bonne, mais franchement, pas de napperon ou quoi que ce soit sur des tables à l'extérieur ?! Ça, c'est non. Mais je vais quand même y retourner pour voir une seconde fois si c'est mieux car l'emplacement est bon et beau. Mais rien n'a été exceptionnel chez Apollo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle expérienceInteressantDined on 9/18/2013Malgré un service un peu lent et absent après avoir été dérive, nous avons du une expérience culinaire très intéressante. La carte des vins est très complète et vous permettra de trouver chaussure a votre pied. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited options for lunchZib74Dined on 7/9/2013Lunch menues are often limited in choice to increase speed of service, but I was dispappointed by the choices. A bit heavy food and large portions. Especially on the day i went, which was very hot and humid, a nice fresh and crispy salad would have a been welcome, or gazpacho, anything but the boring chef salad I ended up eating before a chunky piece of fish bathing in thick sauce. Although i had made a reservation, the terrace table I was assigned offered no shade. Why assign a table in direct sun exposure on a super hot day? If I want the sun, I'll ask you to close the umbrella... We ended up eating inside, a bit quiet, slightly boring, given that the highlight of this place is its terrace. Not certain I will go back there...Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise!Ren2dineDined on 7/5/2013After tasting the food of Apollo at the Food court of the Festival Just for Laugh 2012 venue, ( food truck), we decided to book a dinner at the restaurant., We were very pleased with the quality and creativity of the food, the presentation and the excellence of the service. As the terrasse was open, there were not too many customers inside , so the atmosphere was quiet and it was then easy to talk. To be recommended. ReneeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service rapide. Le prix demandéOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013Service rapide. Le prix demandé ne correspond pas à la qualité de la nourriture. Pas d'assiettes à pain ni de couteaux à beurre. J'ai commandé un quatuor de crème brulé mais les fragrance annoncées ne correspondaient aucunement à celles reçue. De plus, je l'ai mangé avec ma cuillère à soupe car aucun de nous avait une cuillère à dessert. Service très amicale et souriant mais les employés auraient tout intérêt à apprendre le menu plutôt que de jaser derrière la vitre.Special Features:
- trop cher le lunchtouze2013Dined on 6/20/2013En comparaison avec Toqué où je suis allé il y a une semaine, Apollon est plus cher et le menu moins intéressantI would recommend this to a friend.
- DeceptionElegantladyVIPDined on 6/1/2013I've dined here before and my past experience was quite good. However this time the food was well prepared. The oysters where served tiede. We both had the parpadelle octopus ink pasta. The shrimps and scallops where cooked to perfection, yet the pasta was a desaster. The pasta was too thick and not tasty...Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/31/2013Menu lacks unity; food quality mediocre. Moderate prices.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2013Food was very good. Service was a bit slow at the end. We had to raise and go to the waiter to request the invoice. Noise level was moderate even if we ate outside and we were near the street. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchsmartelDined on 5/17/20131st time at Apollo since they moved Downtown Montreal and had a great lunch with business partners. Large patio is nice on sunny days, everyone enjoyed the food and the staff was professional and smiling. Highly recommend in this neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coconut Shrimp, ChocolateAdventureLovingJayhawkVIPDined on 5/4/2013We greatly enjoyed the coconut shrimp and the chocolate dessert. Don't be in a hurry. Great view of an historic church.Special Features:
- triste expérience....hibiscusDined on 5/4/2013Un si beau restaurant, un chef réputé, mais des erreurs à tous les niveaux... à corriger au plus vite.Special Features:
- Best surf and turf ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Always a pleasure to eat at Apollo's restaurant! We had the greatest surf and turf for 2: tender beef and lobster, the presentation was amazing!! Cannot wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating is not always idealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013I find the seating is not always very good. If you are along the wall it is fine, but when seated in the center, you feel really out of place. Ask for a seat along the wallor windows. Food is very good and service too.
- Une soirée en famille fortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Une soirée en famille fort agréable ! Le menu dégustation de Montréal et Lumière nous a fait voyager!Special Features:
- I am on the fence about recommendinBmanVIPDined on 2/20/2013I am on the fence about recommending. Food was very good, but really expensive for what we got. The service was outstanding - both our servers were efficient and very friendly. The restaurant was quiet when we were there - i got the sense that it could become loud later. I am really not sure if we would go back, and it certainly would not be our first choice
- Great place for groups,slow servicetangotripDined on 1/25/2013I organized a celebratory lunch here for 14 people. Since we were a big group, we got a room to ourselves which was great. The food was very good. The only thing that could improve was the service. It was very slow especially for lunch when most people have to go back to work.Special Features:
- You can find better food inJasfaDined on 12/7/2012You can find better food in many other restaurant in Montreal. at 100 $ per person, we did not find any WOW meals. The filet migon tasted the gaz it was cooked on and some combination of ingredients were simply not good ones to make.Went to Espace MC Chef in Quebec City and, for around same prices, you can find better quality, taste and atmosphere.
- Déçu d'ApolloOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Nous avons été très déçus d'Apollo. Le menu est peu inspirant, on y fait compliqué pour épater la galerie, mais ce qui est livré dans l'assiète est insipide ou trop salé et poivré, des erreurs de débutant. Pour un restaurant de ce prix c'est impardonnable. Un restaurant a évité en toutes criconstances.Special Features:
- Amazing food; great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012One of the best restaurants in MTL. I tried this during "MTL à Table" and had a truly outstanding meal. The starter was delicious, the main course was amazing, and the dessert was very creative. Moreover, the portions were all copious (unlike some restaurants where they offer special deals, but cut down the food). Service was perfect: our servers were nice and attentive without being intrusive. The only con, I would say, is that the tables are too close to each other, so you inevitably end up being forced to participate in your fellow diners' conversation, even if they are not loud and even if you're trying to focus on your own meal. Besides this, everything was incredible, so I am definitely going back.Special Features:
- L'occasion Taste MontréalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012L'occasion Taste Montréal est vraiment une bonne idée. Ce concept permet de goûter la cuisine de chef a peu de coût J'ai adoré cette idéeSpecial Features:
- Nous avons été pour MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2012Nous avons été pour Montreal a Table. Excellent service, les 3 services étaient excellents.
- Le canard était grossier.BenoitVIPDined on 11/2/2012Le canard était grossier. Totalement décevant. De plus les saveurs de l'assiette de crevettes était extrêmement faible.
- Exceptional food and presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012Exceptional food and presentation. Great venue. Two items that exceed expectios were the venison and the sinful froi gra.Special Features:
- Déceptions sans commune mesure.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/21/2012Résumons - Accueil : Très bien, Hôtesse souriante, agréable, jolie, ça commence bien - Lieu : belle architecture et décoration - Service : Servi par Mark, il commence par nous tutoyer… Inacceptable. Je demande un vin Californien, il me dit qu’il n’y en a plus et me propose un bourgogne qui est pareil... Comment un bourgogne peut être pareil qu'un Californien. Nous atteignons donc un degré insipide de service, du rarement vue. -Nourriture : Totalement overpriced pour ce qu’on nous propose. Surtout le macaroni revu et corrigé au gibier… Plat de mon épouse, c’était tout simplement 4 pates avec du steak hachée et du cheezwiz dessus, odieusement immangeable.