4729 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.apollinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048948881
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Farmer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small, but beautiful, our private dining seats up to 12 comfortably, and the entire restaurant is available for buyouts for special events as well, seating up to 80 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Dwight Marshall 5048948881x
- Entertainment: We will be offering a Prix Fixe menu for New Years Eve with seatings at 6:00pm and 9:00pm.
- Special Events: A perfect location for events such as rehearsal dinners and cocktail parties, Apolline is ready to offer everything that will make the perfect event.
A word from Apolline
Located in beautiful Uptown New Orleans, Apolline features contemporary French cuisine with Creole influence and locally-grown ingredients - to include the restaurant's own gardens for herbs, peppers, and tomatoes. Set in the renovated cottage-style home, Chef Matt Farmer invites you to partake in the innovative menu and exceptional service that have been a trademark for his New Orleans restaurants now for over a dozen years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Apolline - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Apolline reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (35)romantic (29)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FABULOUS!LouiseDined on 10/11/2014Lovely spot, beuatiful room and pleasant noise level for conversation (rare to find in such a great place); food was over the top and the service was spectacular; will recommend to everyone I know who travels to NOLA!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Friday before the OperaDrjohnccDined on 10/10/2014Food was beautifully prepared. Staff were perfectly attentive and when I had forgotten my glasses, they had an extra pair of readers ready. The setting is great and the cocktails were expertly made. A great beginning to our evening!Special Features:
- Apolline an Uptown gemsabrinacatchowDined on 10/3/2014We took our Tulane student children to dinner at Apolline and had a wonderful evening. Drinks and food were very interesting. Three of us had the fried quail and waffle served over cole slaw; it was very good. One had the lamb; another had the cowboy steak. All good dishes, presented prettily. Apolline is now on our growing list of not-downtown, not-in-the-Quarter places that are quite inspired.Special Features:
- EMS0016Dined on 10/3/2014Food and atmosphere were both great. Cocktail of the evening was perfect. I didn't like how our server kept looking at other tables and didn't seem to care what we were saying. All he said to us were scripted lines. It felt very odd. I know that's minor and only pertained to us and that evening but it changed our opinion of the overall experience. Also, not something that will change your experience too too much but ALL the overhead lights on we're kept on HIGH the entire time. The atmosphere could have been much better had they dimmed the lights. Minor, I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationwfvaiiDined on 9/26/2014Recent visit on a friday night for a family celebration. Easily handled 7 guests. The dining room was bright and open. The food was very good across the board as we ordered several dishes. We are planning a return trip very soonSpecial Features:
- Delicious health conscious itemsnolarunningfoodieDined on 9/20/2014As someone who is very health conscious, sometimes dining out with friends can be difficult. Apolline had a great selection of eat fit nola items that were delicious and saved me from the extra unwanted calories that are usually unavoidable when dining out. Looking forward to dining there again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Sunday DinnerMaddogVIPDined on 9/14/2014Just down the street, Apolline has been on my wish list for a while. Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to try it out. We booked a table for 2 on Sunday night at 7PM. Only a few other tables were occupied when we arrived, the atmosphere was pretty quiet and relaxed. The RW menu was excellent, two choices for each of apps, entrees, and dessert, we ordered one of each item to share. Baked brie and picked shrimp appetizers were both excellent. Gulf fish entree was a perfectly cooked redfish over really tasty corn macque choux - my date stole many bites Her duck confit was very good, odd pairing with red bean puree, though. Desserts were tasty, I didn't care for the grilled pound cake. Service was wonderful. RecommendedSpecial Features:
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This place has a little of everything and it is oh-so delicious. The shrimp and grits are top notch and the gulf fish filet is incredible. We were extremely satisfied with the dinner. The only down side is the seating. We only had a party of two and had to sit on the bench at a very tiny table with almost no elbow room. We could hear the conversations on either side. Definitely not very intimate or comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant and okay foodNOLAFOODFANDined on 9/10/2014Apolline suffers from one common issue that new restaurants have...lack of skill. The food concept in my opinion wi well thought out, but execution does not meet standards. I have the fried quail and waffles. I thought this was a nice play on the comfort food of chicken and waffles. Unfortunately the quail was tough. The coleslaw and corn meal waffles were delicious and the plate as a whole was solid, but I could not get past the tough quail which was to be the highlight of the plate. The appetizers did hit the mark, but entree left me disappointed.Special Features:
- Worth a vist.DorothyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and ambiance; were 'vegetarian friendly" to the vegetarian in our party. Highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Beyond Expectations...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Second anniversary dinner. Started with the baked brie. Then my wife got the diver scallops with mussels, and I had the bacon wrapped lamb tenderloin with greens and confit potatoes. All were wonderful. Can't wait to go back. No special occasion needed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The most impressive part of my meal at Apolline was the ambiance. What a lovely space! Unfortunately the service was very uneven (and the place was nearly empty) as was the food. The starters (carpaccio and brie dishes) were lovely! The entrees were so boring and uninspired. My friend ordered the filet (too small, a dollop of a side), I had the pork chop (too large, cut awkwardly, a dollop of a side). They were "out" of 2 wines ordered and the substitution bottle was twice the price- not told until I saw the bill. For the amount of money spent I would recommend several other places however the ambiance was so cute, it kind of makes me want to give it another shot!Special Features:
- Peach cobbler shockRobertStreetDined on 8/24/2014The peach cobbler is extremely spicy, and the menu did not state, nor did the waiter tell us, that the cobbler is made with jalapeño peppers. So, eating it was quite a shock. The dessert menu should be rewritten to accurately reflect this ingredient.Special Features:
- First visit and it was excellentnicknameVIPDined on 8/23/2014First visit to Apolline and it was excellent. Very interesting cocktails. The menu is small, but every dish done very well. Sweetbreads, salads, fish, lamb all excellent. Very good service. We will go back. Neighborhood parking as with many uptown restaurants can be a challenge.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration VenuePerryDined on 8/20/2014At my daughter's suggestion, we chose this restaurant as a venue for her gala birthday celebration and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is set in what was once a New Orleans home, always a charming venue choice for its feel of coziness. We knew from the aroma arising from the appetizer shrimp and grits that arrived first that we were in for a treat. Since this was a family event, we had many different tastes to satisfy and Appolline met them all. Also not to be missed are its fine selection of specialty cocktails as well as Wine Down Wednesday, the day of our visit, which offers discounted bottles and glasses of wine. An excellent choice of venue.Special Features:
- Excellent foodNightnNawlinsDined on 8/15/2014Small place on Magazine St, but tastefully decorated with knowledgeable servers and top-notch New Orleans style cooking. Small menu, but offered a bit of everything, and each dish we had was fresh tasting and nothing over-cooked. With so many restaurants in New Orleans area, we don't go back to many places more than once or twice, but we will definitely be back to dine at Apolline.Special Features:
- light servingjomurillDined on 8/12/2014Apolline is a restaurant that from the outside looks like an old house but the inside is this modern / old look food is limited the menu Dinner has only 6 items price $25 - $34 a plate you will expect a nice serving but don't get to excited because is small serving and for the price is like a rip-off the entrée was shrimp from the golf it was good can't complain but for 4 shrimp for $12 is over priced.Special Features:
- Great food, wine and funMiguelDined on 8/2/2014Really good food. This is like a hidden gem. It's beautiful inside, the crowd is fun, the service excellent and food great. Sadly, they ran out of a lot of the things I wanted to order but it was 9:30 and hey, if a restaurant runs out it means there was a good crowd so I am not casting fault. I had shrimp and grits as an appetizer and I might have to say it was the best in the city. I split the fried quail with my dining partner and that was good too. Also, the banana cream pie was incredibly good. From a 1 -10, the food is up there at around 8. It's a fun place in a converted cottage. The walls are Venetial plaster. The space is old but art is sophisticated. Very chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApollineScarabsanVIPDined on 8/2/2014A great meal, not a large choice in menu items but all were well executed and presented perfect. The wine list could be a bit more robust.Special Features:
- Charming local spotKathyDined on 7/25/2014We arrived for the Happy Hour and relaxed on the charming front porch with drinks and nibbles. Our waiter was friendly and helpful with a myriad of dining and drinking suggestions; as this was our first night in town. Dinner continued to be top notch. The unusual Hungarian white wine he suggested complimented our food and I would highly recommend the shrimp and grits and watermelon salad. Although we declined dessert our waiter brought us a complimentary sample of the sorbet....a nice touch to end our first night in New Orleans.Special Features:
- BabetteDined on 7/24/2014excellent food/ attentive service/appropriate level background music/Special Features:
- Consistently greatdnolaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We've been to Appoline many times and it has always been excellent. Now they just need to bring back the bacon plank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Apolline. Between salad, starters, entrees and desserts we ordered seven items, and they were all top-notch. The watermelon salad, veal sweetbreads, lamb tenderloin (wrapped in bacon) and brioche bread pudding were participle tasty. Specialty cocktails were also noteworthy. The service was friendly and attentive. Note: The restaurant is quite loud, so if you're looking for a quiet night out, this probably isn't your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, ambience outstandingNOfoodloverDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I were there on a recent Friday night about 8:30 PM. We ordered the sweetbreads and the tuna appetizer, both were excellent, the house salad, which they split for us and we shared the scallops and pasta entree. The scallops were fabulous, the pasta just a bit too salty for my taste. All was fabulously prepared and presented. Our waiter was knowledgeable on the food and wines and service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Terrific food. Been several times and gets better every time.Special Features:
- UNHAPPYluckyone4744Dined on 7/11/2014WE WERE EXCITED TO TRY APOLLINE FOR THE 1ST TIME. ONE PARTY HAD A DELICIOUS MEAL....THE OTHER HAD A DISASTER. THE SHRIMP AND GRITS SMALL PLATE WAS TASTY, BUT THE ANDIOULLE IN IT TASTED LIKE JERKY AND THE SHRIMP WAS NOT DEVEINED. THE SCALLOP ENTREE WAS A DISASTER. THE SCALLOPS WERE FLOATING IN BROTH. IT WAS SERVED WITH 2 TABLESPOONS OF PASTA SO I HAD A BOWL OF BROTH WITH NOTHING TO EAT IT WITH. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE DELICIOS ROLLS OR I WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY HUNGRY WHEN i LEFT.
- Great Happy HourAgaionDined on 7/11/2014Wanted to dine earlier than usual in order to eat before a play. For that reason, we arrived as Happy Hour was still going on. Tried a a couple of fine and imaginative cocktails are a reduced rate - and had a number of well prepared small plates that were a great bargain - and just the right amount of food for before theater dining. Very good experience.Special Features:
- dinner reviewBobSackamanoDined on 7/5/2014Went for the 2nd time on 7/5/14. Food was very good, service was good but not great. I love the character of the place. My issue was the extremely casual attire of several guests in the place - tshirts, shorts, sandals, etc. Fine for Golden Corral, not for Magazine. I wish the restaurant could enforce a dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at ApollineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Loved the food. Great Lamb and fun specialty cocktails. Service was really wonderful as well. Prices a little high ($32.00 for a 6 oz steak a bit much, but that is okay. Prices help keep out the rowdy crowd).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and servicesomhdDined on 6/29/2014This was my second time here. The first time I was impressed by their flexibility as we stopped by in the middle of a 610 stomper event. They took care of us despite our crazy costumes. This time I celebrated a birthday and they were just as gracious. The food is simple and delicious and the wine list is decent.Special Features:
- The following 476 reviews are from the Apolline reviews archive.
- "Off-site AC Controls"GlenDined on 6/21/2014We were the third table sat and by the time the 10th table was sat it started getting sticky. We asked the server if it felt warm in which she replied, a little. This was just about the time we were starting to place our appetizer order. The server said she will try to get them to turn it down but "it's controlled off-site". By the time the entree was served we were miserably sticky hot. I barley ate my meal and could not enjoy the Caymus wine that we brought to celebrate. This is all unfortunate because we heard good things about Apolline. I would suggest giving Managment on site controls of the AC and not micromanage. We may give it another try but there are too many other options to take the chance.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We looked at menu on line and we were hesitant because we were not familiar with description and what to expect what a pleasant surprise Steak was wonderful and daily special fish was excellent, the cocktails a must try Also the service was excellent Definite a place to go back tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchSAMJRDined on 6/15/2014Brunch was phenomenal! The deluxe bloody mary served by Adrienne was incredibly delicious!! We enjoyed ourselves so much we went back the same day for the late night dinner menu... Will return next time we are back in NOLA!Special Features:
- Great dinnerLovegoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious from starters to dessert. Amount of food was adequate to be filling and not too much that dessert had to be skipped. We did split dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apolline has it allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014Awesome food, excellent service, fun cocktails & best dinner soundtrack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine down wednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2014The combination of wine down wednesday and happy hour small plates makes for a great night that wont break the bank!Special Features:
- Second VisitJPDSDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I discovered this restaurant last year and thoroughly enjoyed our experience so we decided to make a return visit. Although our most recent visit included the same great service, we didn't think the food quite matched last year's experience--good but not great. The wine options, although limited, are high-quality.Special Features:
- Great food great service great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Great service,friendly, accommodating,and knowledgeable. Great menu and food was delicious. Great wine. Perfect overall experience. Oysters were the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJ32VIPDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great food, excellent service, delightful evening. When in New Orleans this restaurant is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qualityBJNJDined on 5/4/2014Would go again. Only drawback for this visit was expensive cab ride from hotel. You can go by RTA bus, but back and forth with wait would be at least one hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.